Ch 49

Subject to change

Sowon and Umji looked up at the sound of an explosion and even Bogeun looked away from them for a moment.

"What was that?"

"Unnie, isn't that the direction of bulletproof organization?"

"Isn't it? Our buildings that way so I think so."

Suddenly Bogeun turned away from teh two girls and ran towards the burning building in the distance.

------------------------------------------------------

"The load has successfully been dropped."

"Good work."

Taeyeon sighed. She was sure that maybe many people had died in that bombing htat they just did and not all of them could have been bad. THere might have been innocents being held there that died in that one action she chose to end the bulletproof organization.

"It definetly looks lije a gas explosion, we won't be caught boss."

"Good."

Hanging up, she slumped in her chair. The bulletproof organization should be done for now that their home base was destroyed.

"Did I do the right thing?"

A pair of arms wrapped around her neck.

"Of course you did Taetae. It was for the greater good."

The door to Taeyeon's office burst open, a panting SinB trying to catch her breath.

"Unnie! Where's Seohyun and Yerin unnie?"

"What's wrong?"

"Umji went after Sowon and gave me this syrigne to give to Yerin but I think that there's something wrong. There was this really big monster chasing after Sowon-unnie and Umji was trying ot distract it, I saw them in the streets."

Tiffany immediately lead her to Seohyun and Yerin's new office before returning ot Taeyeon.

"I saw what it was like from her memories. It's actually big, she's not exaggerating."

"We don't have any spare agents left."

"Well, the way it looks its more of a biohazard so I think now is a good time to call the military."

"Alright."

---------------------------------------------------

Sowon and Umji trailed after the frantic Bogeun and arrived at the exploded building that they were fighting at earlier in the morning.

"Oh my god."

Bogeun was walking amongst the flamings flipping things over as if to look for someone. Finding a body he hugged it close and Umji saw who it was. Her father.

"Oh no."

Sowon hugged Umji from the side before pulling her away from the site as she heard the distinct rumbling of heavy trucks.

"Unnie, those are the engines of military trucks."

"How do you know?"

"They're one of a kind and I think they're here to get rid of my oppa."

"I know, I'm sorry. Don't look."

Umji turned away silently consoling herself.

"I know he has to go, whether now or later but even if I try ot stop them or him, he doesn't really see the world properly anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm sure that like me, he was supposed to get readministered with the serum to continue living like I am."

"Wha?"

"The powers of the serum's codings cause a huge toll on the human body that if you don't continuously get shots, you will decay into a thing alike to a zombie. since the serum will still be trying to fix your body but not strong enough to completely revive you until one day your body runs out on you."

"Umji-yah! Doesn't that mean that you too will become a zombie?"

"Yea, but not for a while, I ended up taking my second shot yesterday night during the fight to save Yuju unnie."

Sowon's arms fell to her sides and she stumbled for a second.

"No way. This can't be real."

"It's real unnie and I'm going to say goodbye to my brother now."

Umji marched back into the burning building to say her last goodbyes.

The communicator that Umji gave to Sowon rang.

"Yes?"

"Hello? This is Yerin speaking."

"Yerin-ah! What do we do? I have Umji but she says that she's going to die!"

"Huh? Does it have to do with this mostly empty syringe?"

"Syringe? Quick analyze that and see if you can recreate it! Umji can't live without it!"

"I guess I can but Unnie, I called to tell youto get away from the site! The military is going in to clean up."

"I'll leave when Umji comes back, check that serum okay?!"

"Roger."

Soown slumped against the nearest wall. Maybe if Yerin could decode and remake the serum, Umji could continue to live and then maybe over time, then they could create an antidote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sowon and Umji stumbled into the first floor of the light agency ready to collapse from exhaustion.

"Soown unnie! Umji!"

Eunha came running at them, pulling Sowon into a hug first then Umji next.

Yerin was trailing behind with SinB who was in tears but bravely holding them back,

"I made it back guys."

SinB grabbed Yerin and pulled Eunha to get everyone in a group hug.

"We did it! We survived!"

"Let's rest today and visit Yuju tomorrow okay?"

"Yes!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon watched from her balcony above, smiling gently.

"You deserve the rest, little heroes."
=============================================

Next chapter is the finale!