Ch 44

Subject to change

Umji screamed when she saw Yuju fall down, she ran forwards to catch her before Yuju got even more hurt.

Another gunshot sounded and Umji jolted backwards repulsing the shot.

Her wound resealed itself and she carefully put Yuju against one of the columns, the bullet had gone through Yuju's torso right under the left lung.

The blood was pooling quickly but Umji had no way of rushing Yuju out of the building fast enough to the hospital so she turned to her last choice.

"Father, if you tell all these men to stop, I will take that shot."

He thought for a second before grinning wildly.

"Then come, inject this into yourself, I'm sure you already know why this has to be done."

Umji grabbed the syringe and stabbed herself in the thigh injecting the mysterious serum quickly, then she took out the needle and slid it into her pocket sneakily when her father laughed in his seat.

"Then what should I do now Father?"

"Kill that girl."

"What?"

"In that serum, along with your supplements, I gave you an upgrade of skills. even if she weere able to fight back, she would not even come close to hurting you."

Umji swallowed thickly. this might be her chance. There was one window to her right and Yuju was right in front of her. If she could get close enough to Yuju adn grab her quickly enough, she could make it out the window and might have a chance to run all the way to the nearest hospital. She knew that Yuju might not make it due to the huge amount of blood lost but she could not give Yuju her serum, she didn't want her to become burdened by what she had become.

If Umji did not take the serum in intervals of time, she would die due to the immense stress the numerous powers she had obtained.

Making her decision, she stalked forwards as if to destroy her prey and got right up to Yuju's face.

"Yuju unnie."

Yuju's head lolled a bit as if she was trying to remain awake but it was clear that she was to be unconcious due to the amount of blood around her. Most people lose conciousness at 1.5 liters of blood loss but since Yuju was so skinny, she already did not posess a large amount of blood, losing 1.5 liters would be fatal.

"I'm sorry."

Umji in one swift move, swooped her arms under Yuju and princess carried her out the window where Umji was reminded of something.

"Haha, this is the second time I'm jumping out of a window with you unnie."

She feet crushed against the ground but she kept moving, she ran on her broken feet faster than the speeds of a normal human.

"The only thing I'm thankful for is that I have this power to save the people I care for. Everything else about this can go to h***."

Arriving at the nearest hospital in minutes, she rushed Yuju to the ER and the doctors immediately rushed her in.

As she waited for the Op light to turn off, a nurse approached her.

"Miss, do you need to be treated as well? You're covered in blood."

"Oh most of it is my blood but I'm fine."

"That's not how you're supposed to put it if you wanted to avoid being checked."

The nurse dragged Umji away to a small room where she gave her some clean hospital clothes and cleaned the blood off of the shaking Umji.

"Thank you."

"Don't. It's my job."

Umji returned to her seat outside Yuju's OR and was planning on calling the agency in a bit but the nurse that checked on her sat down next to her.

"I'm sure you probably don't recognise me but I've treated you and your friends at the other hospital if you know what I''m talking about. That girl in there is a weird one indeed but I'm sure she'll be fine. She's a strong girl."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"What? They were ambushed again? It wasn't an ambush? They were just prepared to fight us whenever we went? Alright, I'll let the others know."

Taeyeon put down the phone.

She picked up another phone.

"The vanguard has been defeated send in the main battery and the reinforcements all together. we can overwhelm them since they just had a fight."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sowon woke up with a bad feeling in her stomach, Eunha was next to her but what could this feeling mean? She got out of bed to realize that she had slept through the night to the next morning 10am. She wandered outside her room when she happened across a worried Yerin.

"Yerin? What's wrong?"

"Yuju's in the hospital and Umji is with her, the team was annihilated like last time and Yuju's still in the OR!"

Sowon' s gaze darkened, she unconciously rubbed at her wrists.

"Sowon unnie!"

Sowon turned to the frantic Eunha.

"Oh thank goodness your here. I don't know what would have happened if you disappeared again."

Eunha hugged Sowon desparately and asked what was wrong before she too gasped and nearly broke down crying.

"Does Eunbi know?"

"No, I don't know how she'll react though I'm worried."