Ch 43

Subject to change

Yuju turned slowly in a full circle, she heard the voice but she could not tell from where. Umji stared at Yuju's actions.

"Unnie?"

"Don't you hear that voice?"

"No? What voice?"

"A man's voice that knew I was here before."

Umji thought about it. There was no way, could her father have possibly perfected the mutation codes to make telepathy possible? Tiffany could hear thoughts but perhaps projecting thoughts has been finished?

"That's right little girl. We're eagerly awaiting your return to this side as one of the most successful subjects. Your father has been waiting for your return."

Umji gasped, it was Yuju's turn to stare.

"Umji?"

"Unnie, they can hear our thoughts and can project thoughts."

"What?"

"You know how Tfiffany unnie can hear your thoughts? That's easier to code than to project thoughts. They managed to perfect it. At least that's what the voice says."

They ran to catch up with the rest of the agents to tell them of the news.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sowon clung to Eunha's arm even through her sleep. The several times Eunha woke up in the night due to Sowon's nightmares often led to long sessions of admiring her lover's serene face. Sowon's fears were usually cure when Eunha spoke to her in her sleep, a little like hypnotism where you could enter someone's dreams by doing things to their unconcius self.

"Unnie, You don't have to be afraid again. I'm here for you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umji was suddenly grabbed from behind and she let out a short scream. A hand reached ot cover but she twisted around and flipped her assailant on their back. Twisting his arm backwards slightly, the man's shoulder dislocated and he let out a bloodcurdling scream.

"Who are you why are you doing this?!"

"I have my orders princess. You probably have realized it now but you don't have much time left."

Umji delivered a sharp kick to the man's temple, successfully knocking him out.

"We should hurry."

The agents dashed forwards through the dark hall finally entering the big doors to the main hall.

"Welcome. My child."

Umji looked up at her father who sat on a ridiculously shiny chair stacked on top of a mountain of overturned furniture.

"You are no father of mine."

Yuju looked around the room and watched out for any hidden snipers.

"Umji be careful."

"Unnie worry more about yourself."

Bodyguards of all types slide out of the shadows behind the columns in the hall.

"You're all surrounded and your men probably aren't as skilled as to be able to defeat these guys."

Umji grunted as a bullet lodged itself in her shoulder.

"You idiot! When did I say fire!?"

Umji breathed out heavily as her flesh regenerated slowly pushing out the bullet and resealing the wound.

Yuju was stuck in between panic and worry. Umji had been shot bu tshe's okay, there are lots of men here and she didn't think she had enough ammo to kill them all if she had the skills to even try.

"Anyways, my daughter you already know what's happening to your body. You probably have no longer than 72 hours left. Come, and take this serum, you'll become fine for another half year."

Umji flinched as Yuju turned her stare to her.

"What does he mean Umji? Are you okay? Are you addicted to a drug?"

"Don't listen to him unnie, lets just finish this quickly and save Sana. I'll tell you later."

Yuju turned her attention back to the guards and noticed that some of them didn't carry a weapon. What would they use to fight?

"Get them and capture the princess."

The guards rushed at their little cirlce of agents as an explosion from the front of the building happened.

"What the h***?"

Umji took this chance to use her dagger and stabbed several men in the thighs and spun around in a circle using ehr immense strength to kick them further away. Landing blow after blow to each perosn's chest, they flew backwards sometimes into the columns and sometimes into others. Yuju also sprung into action. She fired her gun at the nearest guard causing a spray of blood to go out.

Her handguns had small blades attached to the undersides which she used to cut anyone who came too close for comfort.

"Ah!"

A gun grazed Yuju's shoulder and knocked her to the ground.

"Unnie!"

Umji jumped in front of Yuju as a man swung a sword down intending to cut off Yuju's head. The slash went across Umji's back instead and Umji fell to her knees, blood coming out of .

"Umji! Yewon-ah!"

Yuju pulled Umji into her lap slapping at the younger's cheek.

"Stay with me Yewon-ah!"

"Un-nie, I'll b-be fine. Just gimme a minute."

A hissing noise filled the room as Umji's wound sealed shut and she stood up and wiped with her sleeve.

"I'll kill anyone who hurt Yuju unnie. Die you scoundrels!"

Umji picked up a bigger man and held him over her head scaring many of the remaining guards. She chucked him into the nearest crowd of baddies and resumed her fight. Yuju quickly picked up her gun again but could only use her left hand. She looked down at her hands, her right unable to move because of the bullet graze wound and covered in Umji's blood.

"I can't be a burden. I am the unnie. It's my job to protect the younger kids!"

She tucked a dagger between her teeth and gripped her handgun with her left hand, swinging it around to get some cuts in, she shot anyone who got to close to Umji.

A gunshot sounded. A figure fell to their knees, blood pooling around the body. A scream.

"YUJU UNNIE!!!!!"