Ch 31

Subject to change

Thank you so much for voting! Thank you so so much! I'll be leaving the poll for this last chapter and then I'll close it. Thank you for your input and I hope I can work something nice for all of my readers! Enjoy!

===================================

Yuju checked all of her gear, tightening all the buckles and retying her shoelaces. She made sure her helmet was a perfect fit with a little bit of wiggle room for comfort and that her gloves were the right size to maximize grip. She rechecked all her blades and guns and clips tomake sure they all worked and were in top condition. She even polished them one last time before sliding it into her holster.

Going down to the armored car, she checked that her shield was in her slot and that it was mended and all the cracks were sealed properly to protect her from another round of bullets. She made sure that her rifle was in her cubby under her seat and just in case, she checked for all the other agents.

Satisfied with her round of extra checks, she returned to the office where Yerin was waiting for her.

"Be safe out there."

"Of course."

They hugged briefly before Yuju joined the other agents in their last briefing before the attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eunha finally was released from her imprisonment and saw everyone bustling around. Grabbing Yerin she had her explain what was going on.

"Yuju's going out to war."

"Eh?"

"We're getting Sowon today. My machine isn't finished, its missing a few parts and a proper energy source, I don't know if we can anchor her like the bulletproof organization has."

Eunha stared. Today was the day they were going to get Sowon back. If they manage to get Sowon back with everything that the Bulletproof Organization must have attached to her, then they should theoretically keep Sowon in this timeline. But if the enemy had in a last ditched effort to crush their hopes, freed Sowon without any of the exquipment, it would take more time to retrieve Sowon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Yuju-ah."

"Eunha. Are you okay now?"

"Yea."

"I promise to bring back Sowon unnie, I swear."

"I know you will, be safe okay? I don't want you to get hurt either."

"Of course."

As Eunha left, Yuju thought about Sowon, who must be very lonely wherever she was being held captive. They told the agents to watch out for an hourglass but she was uncertain.

The Sowon unnie that would give them kisses if they asked for them, the Sowon unnie who gave warm hugs on cold days, the Sowon unnie that made sure everyone felt beautiful and loved even though she was attached to Eunha already.

Today was the day she was going to come back, and Yuju swore that she wouldn't let the enemy get away with this.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Make sure everything's prepared. I'm sure they're bringing as many people as they can. ready our men, we start watching in shifts tonight."

"Why tonight when all the nights up till now we ignored the fact that they could have ambushed us?"

"I know the way how their tactician thinks, it should either be tonight tomorrow night or in teh wee hours of the next. If not then, they have gone with sacrificing an agent and getting away frm us as fast as possible by fortifying as much as possible."

"Alright miss."

The henchmen delivered the orders to the bodyguards and extra henchmen setting up a nightwatch that changed every two hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yuju the buckle of her bulletproof vest as she waited for the other agents to board the armored car. Turning back one last time, she saw Taeyeon telling the remaining agents and guards to be careful for surprise attack and giving subordinates final hugs.

Settling into her seat, she made sure that her rifle was still under her seat and that her handgun still had safety on.

It was going to be a long night, she face had been painted a camoflage black and it was slightly itching her face and she could not scratch it since the paint would come off. Hopefully, in the morning, there would be good news to bring back.