Ch 18

Subject to change

Woohoo, I put off homework to do this........I really need to manage my time more......enjoy!!

==========================================

 

Umji looked down as she was falling and kicked the wall lightly to alter her landing position. She watched as the floor came closer and closer to greet her. Cringing a little, she closed her eyes as her feet met with the ground with a disgusting crunch before a hissing sound and crackling noise filled the silence. Wincing as her bones put themselves back together, Umji opened her eyes to look up at the guards who were either horrified or shocked.

 

"I told you that you would regret it. I'll make sure of it. I swear."

 

She then turned around walked around the corner and got into the truck that Yuju and SinB came in before and locked in. This car was supposedly bulletproof and explosives proof so she deemed it the safest place for the moment.

 

Panting a little as the adrenaline left her system, Umji looked around the inside of the truck noticing a red flashing light next to a walkie talkie.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey!!!! You who are you??!!! Actually wait I don't care!!!! If you're in this armored car stay there!!! It's safe and we're sending help an- Tiffany unnie what if you're talking to a homeless person who got into the truck? I don't care! Oh my god what do I dooooo*crying noises*"

 

"Uhh hello? This is Kim Yewon. I have Yuna unnie and SinB, do you perhaps know them??"

 

"Ah!! Umji-yah!!! This is Yerin!!! Stay in the truck omg just stay in there and lock all the doors and windows and pull down the shutter and if you have the key start the truck and flick on the red button. Kkchhzzz....."

 

"Yerin unnie?!"

 

The line was cut probably because of interference from the bulletproof organization's technology. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yerin ran around in circles outside of the conference room as Tiffany rebriefed the agents to go on a rescue mission instead of a help defeat the boss mission. As soon a Tiffany left the room, Yerin grabbed her arm.

"Unnie, they'll be fine right?"

"I can't be sure Yerin-ah, I just can't."

As a former agent she understood Yerin's worries but again, she's lost so many before so she can't tell her that Yuju and SinB will probably not be alright. She brushed the younger girl off and locked herself in her office.

"Unnie..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sowon-unnie, are you sure you're okay with becoming an agent?"

"Well, you accepted the assistant job to work with Seohyun so you'll be here, if they want me to be an agent then I'll be an agent to be with you."

Eunha blushed hugging her tall lover burying her face into the latter's chest as that's as high as she stands. 

"But, unnie its dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt."

Sowon's hand glided down from holding Eunha's head to cup her chin.

"If I'm good then I won't get hurt."

"But you're a clumsy person."

Sowon laughed.

"I may be clumsy, but I've gotten better at adapting to my surroundings. I haven't even told you all of my travels yet. I only told a few more memorable ones. Especially because I didn't know what was going on and I was trying to figure it out."

Eunha pouted, she hated the fact that Sowon was going to throw herself back into this mess as an agent none theless.

"But Unnieeee."

Sowon coughed, blushed and then laughed.

"Don't pout, you look like a cute puppy. Come on, I've got superpowers, let me protect you myself princess."

===========================================

A knock sounded on the door of the truck and Umji jolted awake from her quick nap. Looking out in a little one way window, she saw several men outside being led by a lady. "Hey, is there anyone in there?" Several more knocks sounded.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Choi Sooyoung, leader of a squad at Light agency. We've been sent to rescue two agents and a friedns of theirs, are you the Umji I've been told about?"

"I am."

"Well, tell me something about you that only your close friends know about."

"My real name is Kim Yewon and in kindergarten I was bullied by kids who called me a goblin."

"Is that right Yerin-ssi?......Alright."

Sooyoung then pulled out a card that she tapped to the side of the truck and it opened, scaring Umji a bit as Umji jumped up and nearly toppled over SinB.

"Ah!"

The conditions of her students shocked Sooyoung as they looked to be dead already but they were breathing. As the agents loaded the two bodies onto their new truck, Sooyoung questioned Umji.

"What happened in their? Just the basics, the rest will be asked at HQ."

"Yuju was injected with a mutating agent and SinB I don't know how but she was knocked out. She may have a concussion or two."

Umji guiltily looked down as she could have been the cause of several of the injuries on her friends.

"We'll be taking them to our private hospital, and you look like you need a check up too so come one in."

Sooyoung pulled her up on board the truck and they left.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sowon paced around her room waiting for instructions to arrive from her teacher but instead a crazed Yerin ran into the room.

"Unnie! I know that you probably haven't heard this yet because you don't officially work here until now but Yuju and SinB are agents yes?! And they left on a mission yesterday night and uhhh omg I can't deal with this!!"

Yerin broke down crying into Sowon's arms just as Eunha entered the room.

"Yerin-unnie? Why is she crying Sojung-ah?"

Sowon shook her head, unable to answer.

"Yuju and and an- uhhhhh SinB th-they got hurt on the mission. B-but you know what their whole squad is dead but them a- an- and I think they said they found Umji but she doesn't look too good aaahhhhh...."

Sowon tried to hold in her tears but they fell anyways as Eunha joined in the group hug crying as well. Their younger friends must have been in so much fear and pain that they could not even begin to imagine and they could do nothing about it but see them later.

"Y-yerin-ah, did they say when they'll be back?"

"Tiffany-unnie said that they had dispatched a rescue squad and that they will be going to the hospital straight after so I don't really know."

Sowon nodded and continue to rub the two sobbing girls backs.

Somehow, someway, I hope they'll be okay, prayed Sowon.