Ch 48

Subject to change

"SinB yah I need to go outside. Sowon unnie is in danger and I think that's my brother going after her."

"What?! But you're not even wearing anything protective and you don't have a weapon!"

"I'll be fine, here take this and make sure you get it to Yerin unnie."

"Eh? Wait Umji-yah!"

Umji tossed the syringe from her pocket into SinB's hands before running out as fast as she could, her hospital jacket flapping in the wind.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sowon ran for her life tearing down the alleys trying to avoid getting caught by Umji's brother. Seeing some dumpsters, she jumped up and used those to hop the fence over to another buildings's lot and then ran for the street where she could hopefully get help. Her earpiece was broken and she had a feeling that HQ didn't know what had happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Come in! Agents! please respond!"

At the HQ the workers were running around freaking out over the fact that several of the agent trackers had returned the dead signal and some returned broken signals.

"Get me Seohyun on the line!"

Taeyeon was beyond stressed, her gut was churning and she still had no idea what had happened to determine her next move. She deliberated on whether or not to send the military in or try to blow them all sky high.

"Taeyeon unnie! I have the satellite view finally!"

"Seohyun! Tell me what it looks like."

"It sort of looks like a section of the building is gone! All along the streets away from the building is littered with bodies! Some look like our agents!"

"Oh no."

"But Taeyeon unnie! The truck they went in is gone! I'll call when I find it by the city's CCTV!"

Taeyeon hung up and walked in circles trying to calm down.

"Come on, think! How do I get rid of the bulletproof organization for once and for all if they keep defeating us at the doorstep? Urgh!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umji ran after her brother in her hospital slippers screaming,

"Oppa! Stop!"

He didn't seem to hear her cries for him to stop and just continued to chase after someone.

"Oh my god! Sowon unnie!?"

Sowon turned around for a split second hearing her name before Bogeun came smashing into her. She was bodychecked through the air, landing in an open dumpster sending the trash flying before zipping back to the spot she was before the bodyslam.

"Umji!"

Umji ran up to Sowon as Bogeun looked around looking for the Sowon he had crashed into before turning around and finding his target.

Roaring, he began to run after them again.

"Unnie, RUN!"

They turned around and ran back the way they had been running from knocking over more of the trashcans to obstruct Bogeun's way.

"Umji-yah, do you have a communicator?"

"I do, did your's break?"

"Yea, anyways tell HQ that your brother is a newly transformed beast that your father created and he has the same powers as you but stronger!"

Umji paled a bit, her serum was a test run, but his serum was a complete one. She thought that maybe she could take him on especially since she just took her second shot of the serum but now it seemed a bit more impossible than it was before,

"Unnie, You tell them, I'll stop him."

Umji tossed her earpiece to Sowon who took it and called HQ but looked scared.

"Umji, you're not alone, I'll help however I can okay?"

"Yes unnie."

Sowon ran off and disappeared into the distance when Umji turned around and stood in Bogeun's path.

"Oppa, I said stop!"

She braced herself to take the impact of him slamming into her at full speed, her heels digging into the ground.

Gritting her teeth, she summoned her strength to oush him backwards a bit but all that happened was a slight push and he stod still staring at her as if to say,

"this little squirt thought that they could push me?!"

She looked at him right in the eyes, her eyes glowed a bit red as she focused her energy for this fight. Bogeun made the first move throwing a hard right hook which Umji dodged and punched him in the chest as hard as she could. 

Umji yelped as she felt her fist break and her knuckles shatter. Hopping back a little to let herself some space to heal, Umji's hands shook a little in fear. Punches wouldn't affect him, any physical attack would end in broken bones, waht could she do? Bogeun had some sort of skin and muscle enhancement that made him invulnerable to human attacaks and Umji didn't have a gun.

Hearing a 'over here!' Umji looked up at the same time as Bogeun and saw Soown at the top of a building. Sowon shot him in the face with her energy bullets and caused him to falter in his step. Electricity seemed to still go through, small welts appeared on Bogeun's skin.

"Unnie keep shooting him! He gets burns and shocks but he can't even feel punches and kicks!"

The two girls worked together with Umji distracting Bogeun so that Sowon could shoot him without getting chased after.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Call the chopper in. We're dropping off the load in midair."