Ch 45

Subject to change

After hearing the news of the defeat at the enemy base, SinB as demanding to be let on the team for the main force that was preparing to go. After the vanguard, the main force was supposed to go but since the vanguard had been defeated so quickly, they had to leave quickly.

"Please let me go, I have to go and get revenge!"

"No, you can't go."

"Why not?! I'm already fully recovered and I even retook the exam for agents and passed with flying colors."

"A person seeking revenge will only be a burden on the battlefield."

"And if I don't go for revenge?"

"You still cannot go."

"Why not!"

"You are not calm."

SinB growled in frustration when Sowon entered the room.

"You called for me?"

"Yes, you will be joining the agents on this second attack."

"Me? Wouldn't it be better if you sent SinB?"

"No. You are perfect for this fight. Zip in, deal some damage, zip out. Minimal injuries with the maximum damage."

SinB glared at Sowon. She knew inside that sending Sowon was a good idea since Sowon had also passed the same exam as her but she couldn't help but be jealous.

Accepting her fate, SinB sighed and retreated from the room.

"Unnie, avenge Yuju unnie please? For me?"

"Why would I avenge someone that's still alive? If you asked for me to go hurt someone, I would for you, however avenging is something that is currently impossible."

"Unnie, you're so old. Good luck out there, if you want to look and sound younger try speaking in the modern language."

-------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the building for her home, SinB tooka  different turn adn headed for the hospital that Yuju was at. At the least she could go and wait for her with Umji. Surely Umji would welcome her, she felt as though she was a bruden whether on the battlefield or at home base since she couldn't do anything.

"Umji."

Umji looked up at the sound of her name.

"Eunbi-yah."

She broke down the moment she saw SinB, she knew how much Yuju meant to SinB, they talked about it before. After the whole incident, Umji had been keeping to herself unable to accept what had happened but once she saw SinB she couldn't help it. It became real, she wasn't dreaming anymore, Yuju was severely injured and she had no idea how the surgery would turn out.

"I'm so sorry! So so sorry."

SinB silently let her tears fall down, slowly letting them slide down her cheeks as she tried to be strong for Umji.

------------------------------------------------------

Sowon geared up first wearinf a skin tight material to attach all her protective gear on so she could slip through space better. She had bulletproof pads in the most vulnerable parts and carried two hadguns that shot short bursts of electricity in the beginning form of plasma that midair would degrade to an electric shock by the time of impact.

This meant she had an endless supply of bullets as long as the guns were not damaged and not warped through timeslip.

"I'm ready. At least that's what the computer says and what my checklist says but my heart is uneasy."

Eunha stared sadly at Sowon who was standing in her gear.

"Sowon unnie, be safe okay? Promise me you won't get hurt or get lost in space again."

"It'll be okay, through all that time stuck between dimensions I've somewhat developed a resistance to the pull. I can't guarantee anything that cannot be controlled by me but I can tell you I'll try."

"Unnie why are you speaking that way?"

"Aw not you too? Am I speaking in an ancient way?"

"Sort of? Are you nervous? A long time ago your bad habit was to speak in the ancient times ways when you were nervous but you fixed that for a long time already, has it returned?"

"I guess so."

"Hehe, now I have another clue to how you think Sowon unnie."

"Hey, I'll let you know I only think of you."

Eunha blushed at the cheesiest and romantic offhand comment ever.

"Stop it. But seriously, promise me you'll come back."

"Of course my princess."

Eunha gave Sowon one last kiss before Sowon boarded the truck she was assigned to with her guns tucked in the half holsters attached to her legs.

================================

woohoo heading towards the final fight and finale~ I'm super excited for the next story but I am trying to figure out the best way to end this one even though I hoped that it would never end, I know my writing style so I know that the longer things get the worse they become thanks for enjoying this story! <3