Ch 26

Subject to change

Sowon opened her eyes just a crack as she felt the heat on her skin just a tad bit hotter than it should. Her surroundings were all faded in color but she had a nagging feeling she was in some sort of liquid, almost like water-but she could breathe.

Glancing at a particularly bright flash, she recognized her surroundings alike to a show on fast forward, or was it rewinding? She had no idea, she stared as she watched a person grow from a baby to an adult, die and reverse back into a baby and morph at some point as the grey scenery continued to spin around changing on and on.

A helpless feeling casude Sowon to curl into fetal position. If she had managed to travel into a new time or place she could manage it somehow, but here, there was nothing she could do. Nothing was certain, in fact she had the vague feeling that she would never sleep and never starve. Forever trapped in this grey mess, forever staring as time passed or not.

"What should I do?"

She buried her face in her knees and sobbed, maybe if she managed to sleep even through the feeling of being wide awake then maybe this would all be a bad dream. She'd wake up early, kiss Eunha's forehead before leaving the house and then be on her merry way to training. Then she had a thought, was this perhaps caused by the person who jumped her? Was she trapped in someplace where bulletproof organization had developed or was she actually lost in time? She felt she would never find out.

Slapping herself she cheered herself on.

"Fighting! You can get out of here! Eunha is waiting and I'm pretty sure that this gloom is not my own, it comes from this place and is trying to seep in. Fighting! Saranghae! Onwards! Something else encouraging! I don't know! Woo!"

Attempting to stand up from her position, she wiped her tears determined to figure this place out. Right when she had righted herself, or as upright as possible, it was hard to tell whether she was laying down or standing up or upside down but it was okay. She'd try anything. Maybe a time hop would work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A maniacal laughter filled a dark room as they watched a small figure in an empty hourglass fidgeting in their unconciousness.

"I told you, I'd come and guess what, you came to me! Haha!"

"Uh, miss are we going to retrieve boss?"

"Shut up. We don't need that trash. In fact, go on vacation, I'll call you when I need you."

Sana chucked a wad of cash at the short henchmen and left the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunha lay on her bed that she shared with Sowon.

"I miss you unnie."

Yuju and Umji were sitting outside in the living room of the shared housing, wondering what to do. They had told the higher ups what had happened and tehy told them to just stay inside with Eunha. Hearing a weird sound, Yuju knocked on the bedroom door lightly before entering.

"Eunha?"

She saw Eunha clutching a sharp object that might have come from the sound from earlier attempting to stab herself. 

"Stop!"

"Don't stop me! I can't stand it! Whenever I get Sowon back something happens! This time she's not coming back! The threat letter said so!"

Yuju yanked out the shrapnel and restrained Eunha.

"Stop! This is you not thinking clearly! How in the world did you end up with the idea of killing yourself?!"

Umji ran in and joined Yuju in restraining the struggling Eunha.

"Unnie, doesn't she look a bit weird?"

"Uh?"

 Yuju looked down at the writhing Eunha who had an unnatural expression on her face.

"Do you think she might have eaten something wrong? Is she sick maybe?"

Yuju shrugged but called headquarters to send help as it would be impossible to transport a wriggling person by themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------

Once Eunha woke up from the anesthesia, she noticed that she was in a white room with her arms tied down like a mental patient. Then she heard something. Or maybe someone. They were saying something that she could barely make out.

"......Sowon.....safe.....now.......listen to me! Your Sowon is safe for now, if you want her back you'll have to defeat the Bulletproof organization."

"Who are you?"

People who were watching Eunha outside the room watched as she conversed one sidely.

"Do you think she's insane?"

"I'm not sure, I don't think so. Her scans all show healthy signs."

"Thank you doctor."

Tiffany dismissed the doctor and continued to stare at Eunha. For some reason, she could not read her mind, it was like hitting a concrete wall.

Seohyun walked in and tapped Tiffany to get her attention.

"Unnie."

"Oh?"

"I want you or someone else we can absiolutely trust to write down everything she's saying, we need to figure out what she's saying to the voice."

"Voice? You think someone's communicating with her?"

"Instinct tells me and Taeyeon unnie said that its a good idea and it wouldn't hurt to investigate."

Yerin and Yuju just sat there in silence watching Eunha through a one sided glass.

"What should we do?"

"There's nothing we can do. Not right now."

"This is a horrible situation."

"Don't think so negatively."

"SinB is still sleeping, Eunha is in a mental facility, Sowon unnie is missing, what more can happen?!"

"I know, I know. We all wish that this was just a nightmare but we can't. Help me with researching the broken bracelet please?"

============================

Yay, I finished one of my exams, woohoo.......I have two more next week but for the rest of this week a promise of daily updates and advancement into the thick of the plot! Yay! Lovely commentors! Lovely readers! Lovely people in the world! See ya!(btw I'm drunk on water incase you're wondering :D )