Special chapter new story

Subject to change

Coming soon!

--------------------------------------

In a small village in the middle of the woods, a beautiful red headed girl was washing clothes in the stream.

"Sowon unnie!"

A 6 year old kid ran up to the red haired beauty and clung happily to the taller's shoulders.

"Oh? Yewon ah is class already over?"

"Yes! Can we play later?"

"Unnie, is sorry but I have to go out to get food today. When I get back and make dinner, I'll let you help me though."

"Really? Promise me, I'll be a good girl and wait."

The girls pinky promised as Sowon grabbed the rest of the laundry to hang up outside their house.

Sowon and Umji stayed in a tiny wooden shack by themselves because Sowon was an orphan that managed to seek shelter with the vilagers here but Yewon was a baby Sowon had saved from the wood. Sowon was 15 when she found 5 year old Yewon.

Sowon's job in the village was part of the hunting crew as she did not have a father or brother to do it for her. She hunted first to feed the elders then she would hunt for herself and Yewon.
In this village however, everyone passed through a ritual called the coming of age ceremony at the age 15 and be taught to  use magic, on her own ceremony, Sowon had discovered her affinity for fire. She could light her hands on fire, breathe fire and lastly shoot fireballs. This was super handy for when cooking but not for hunting as the hunting grounds were forests that probably burn down if she used it.

Today she was out hunting for herself and Yewon since she hunted in the morning for the elders before doing the laundry, which was now drying on the lines in their backyard.

Running around for a while, she sighed as she couldn't hear any rustling of any creatures. Deciding to climb up a tree, she heard a low whistle grow louder by the second. Scrambling up the tree, she looked out above the tree tops to see a dark something come crashing down from the sky several miles from where she was. A great rumble from the impact soon followed nearly knocking her out of the tree.

Sowon climbed down and began her trek to see what actually fell down, she was curious. Along the way she hear a hog and shot it with her self crafted crossbow and managed to hit it in the flank. After several more shots, the hog had died from blood loss and Sowon would have enough food for three days if her neighbors didn't come begging her for food again.

Carefully tying up the dead body in a mesh she had bought she hung it high up in a tree where the mesh would defend her catch from insects and the height in the tree away from the land predators. Sowon then left most of her gear for hunting behind in that tree as well as she planned on finding what had crashed into the woods so close to home.

She ran for several miles before she neared a crater in the middle of a small clearing.

"Ouch, the they fell right where no trees would break their fall."

Walking up closer to the steaming black mass Sowon lit up her fist to see clearer in the dark of the trees.

"A dragon?"

The dragon had hit the ground at full force and had a broken wing and a gash that slowly trickled blood. Sowon noticed that the body of the dragon was not warhardened with scars like the others she had seen before her entrance into the village. Deciding that the dragon must be young and still innocent, she took off her jacket and tied it around the gash above the eye of the black dragon. She prayed that it wouldn't wake up while she's working, and if it did, she prayed that it's first instinct wouldn't be to eat her.

She slowly tied the dragon's wing into a gigantic splint to put the bones back in place before carving a quick bowl into a log she had dragged over to the dragon. Sowon poured all the water she had brought in her pouch into the bowl and patted the dragon's head. It didn't respond but it was still breathing.

"I'll be back tomorrow. If you're still here."

Sowon ran back the way she came as the sun began to set and she had to be home to cook for Yewon and be there for curfew.

===================================

So, how is it? Does it seem intresting? I'm sure you all know who the dragon will be and how this actually pans out but do you think this is a good story idea? Let me know in the comments below, tomorrow will be a regular chapter.