Ch 17

Subject to change

Yuju followed the hooded man down several flights of stairs and halls dodging surprise traps that sprung up from time to time. Ducking under a swinging axe, she looked to her right to see a room where someone was chained up in.

"Hm? You interested in that room? Well, it doesn't matter I guess whether that room or this room."

The hooded man closed the door he was holding and went to unlock the one Yuju was looking in, throwing SinB's limp body in after it opened.

"So what do you want me to do?"

 

"Haha, simple. One of you will become a new test subject and one of you may leave to get support to try and break in. Note, try. You'll never make it through here. Not that it matters. Now choose, you or her."

 

Yuju thought about it a little, if she chose to leave, SinB would be tested on until she managed to break in. She had the gut feeling that the road out might be very difficult as it seemed as though the man didn't intend to let them go free that easily. So was her escaping ability better than that of SinB's?

 

"I'll be the test subject."

 

"Very well, come over here, your friend will be allowed this opened door to escape, right after, it will be locked and you'll never leave here again."

 

Yuju nodded and walked up to the opposing wall of the person she saw chained up. Her arms were chained up in a similar fashion and the man left. A little bit later, an older man entered holding several syringes. Looking slightly shocked that another person was in here, he just huffed and turned to the person opposite to Yuju.

 

"Wake up you *bad words*!"

 

Yuju flinched at the harsh slap that resounded through the room praying that SinB would wake up soon and help free them.

 

The person woke up and lifted their head. Eyes focusing in the dark, they widened. "Yuju-unnie!?"

 

"Yewon-ah!"

 

Umji struggled a bit in her chains before the man slapped her again. Splitting her lip for the umpteenth time. She stopped wiggling around and the man placed his syringes on a work table, picking up one.

 

"Yewon, this is supposed to boost your athletic potential greatly. Tell me if you feel it."

 

Umji struggled some more until the man stabbed it in her thigh seeing that her arm had too much wiggle space.

 

"Aaahhhh!" 

 

Umji yelped as the substance was injected and groaned when it was finally pulled out.

 

"How is it my precious daughter? Did that one work? Hm?"

 

Umji refused to answer as pain coursed through her veins.

 

"What?! You're Yewon's father?! How could you do such a thing!?"

 

Yuju screamed at Umji's dad and writhed trying to break out to save Umji but to no avail.

 

"Shut up! This is a family moment stay out of it! Or I will inject you too!"

 

"I've already agreed to become a subject! It doesn't matter to me anymore stop hurting her!!!"

 

The father grumbled contemplating whether or not inject Yuju with one of the syringes. Finally picking up one he looked at Yuju, inspecting her body type and decided. He took a step forward towards her but swiftly turned and stabbed Umji in the thigh again.

 

"This *bad words* is getting in my way!! Daughter tell her to shut up!!"

 

"Ack!! Guhggh! *more painful noises idek*"

 

Umji could not form coherent words as the second serum shot through her blood.

 

"Mwo, you're not going to answer your Daddy?! This *more bad words*!!!"

 

Yuju yelped as she saw Umji hurting, crying for the younger girl.

 

"I'm sorry Yewon-ah, I wasn't strong enough to save you. Yewon-ahhah."

 

Grumbling Umji's dad turned to Yuju with the last syringe. Ripping her sleeve off with a knife, he found a suitable sight for injection and got ready to inject it.

 

"Aaarrrrrgghhhhhh!"

 

Umji's head shot up hearing a scream that was not hers, refocusing in front of her, she saw Yuju struggling in her restraints as he stabbed her with the syringe.

 

"Yuju-unnie!!!"

 

With a roar, Umji shattered the metal restraints holding her back and she rushed her father shoving him out of the way and yanking the syringe out but she was a bit late, most of the serum had already been injected and Yuju was slowly losing conscious. Her father looked up weakly from his crumpled position on the floor laughing.

 

"It's a success! Hahahaaha! I turned a regular person who doesn't naturally produce vita energy into a superhuman!!! Hahahahhahaha!!!"

 

Umji frowned and smacked him upside the head knocking him out in a hit, not looking back, she broke Yuju's chains and pulled her off the wall.

 

"Yuju-unnie!!"

------------------------------

 

"Urgh."

 

Tiffany looked up from her worktable at Taeyeon.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

==========================

 

"Check the status of our agents. My gut is killing me." 

 

Taeyeon fell over into the chair she was standing next to clutching at her stomach.

 

"Get them out of there!!!"

 

Tiffany rushed over to the situation room and pulled up the life indicator monitor and watched as several agents flatlined one after the other. Before she could do anything, the only ones left alive were Yuju and SinB.

 

"Yuju!!! Come in!!!! Yuju!!!! Get out!!!! Oh my god what do I do????!!!!!"

 

Yerin was walking by when she heard Tiffany screaming. Opening the door, she saw Yuju's heart rate spike upwards.

 

"Yuju!! Tiffany unnie what's going on?!"

 

Tiffany wailed unable to tell the younger anything. There was nothing they could do to save Yuju if her heart rate was any indicator of an intense fight for life. They could only dispatch more agents to retrieve the sleeping SinB.

 

Grabbing hold of her breath, Tiffany stood up, wiping her tears and put on a stoic face.

 

"Get me the leaders of our agent squads."

-------------------------------------

Umji lifted Yuju onto her back and tried to wake her up by lightly slapping the semi-conscious girl.

 

"Yuju-unnie! Yuju!! Choi Yuna!!!"

 

Yuju opened her eyes slightly heaving out a heavy cough as sweat dripped from her brow.

 

"Umji-yah, get SinB. Get help*cough*"

 

Breaking into a coughing fit, Yuju's slim figure shook greatly, trying to reject the foreign substance.

 

"I got it unnie!! Stay awake unnie!!"

 

Umji looked around.

 

"Where is SinB though?"

 

She searched the room and found her face down on the floor near the far door. She saw the shadows of the guards rushing down the stairs to this room and she hesitated. Would she make it out while carrying both Yuju and SinB?

 

Not thinking anymore, she grabbed SinB and carried her like a sack of potatoes.

 

"Forgive me SinB if you get a few bumps from this."

 

Running for her life and her friend's lives, Umji made it out of the back door of her cell and started climbing up the stairs to get to the emergency exit.

 

Reaching the rooftop where the emergency ladders were, she realized, she could not climb down the ladders with only one hand. Hesitating for a second, the guards caught up and the door to the roof burst open.

 

"Stop right there!!!"

 

Umji turned around facing the guards, she could not hope to win against twenty trained guards on her own. Looking over her shoulder down the thirty floors that she had managed to run up to, she whispered.

 

"I'm sorry if you guys could have lived if I left you guys in that cell. I can only pray that this works."

 

Pressing a kiss to the back of Yuju's hand and one to SinB's temple, she readied herself. Taking several steps backwards to the edge, she glared at the guards.

 

"You'll regret all of this."

 

And she jumped.

===============================

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD I'm back~~~~~ Yayayayayayay but I'm a little bit sick so I'll be a bit slow but over the next few days it'll be about this long to make up for the last week hurray~~~~~ after that though back to regular short updates okay? Love ya and try not to get sick like me lol it really....