Chapter 7

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul glanced at the boy standing next to him as he readied Mir’s bed for Kibum to sleep in. He knew it was going to take some time to get used to, but Kibum was going to be okay now, he was going to make sure of that.

“You can sleep in Mir’s bed again. I’ll get you some pajamas to wear,” Heechul said, walking over to the dresser and pulling the second drawer open. He pulled out a black t-shirt and a pair of grey sweat pants for Kibum to wear. They were a little big, because Kibum was really…skinny. He looked almost sickly, as if he hadn’t eaten in days.

“Thank you,” Kibum whispered quietly as he took the clothes. Heechul nodded and left the room to give him some privacy. A few minutes later the door opened and Kibum reappeared, keeping his gaze on the ground.

“Are you hungry? You haven’t eaten all day,” Heechul said, but Kibum just shook his head.

“I’m not hungry,” He said softly. Heechul frowned and crossed his arms, but he wasn’t going to argue with him tonight.

“Alright, you can go to bed if you want. Or you can sit out here with me and watch TV,” Heechul told him. Kibum nodded and followed him out to the living room and sat on the couch together. Heechul flipped on the television, not really paying attention to what channel it was on. He was observing Kibum from the corner of his eyes. It was something new to see Kibum so shy. Heechul was somewhat used to him mouthing off and being rude.

Kibum sat silently on the couch next to Heechul. He kept his eyes on the ground and fiddled his thumbs together. He could already feel it starting, the effects of not getting his daily dose of drugs. A shiver rolled up his spine and he closed his eyes and slowly breathed in deeply. He hated this so much, the effect it had on him. He didn’t want to admit to it, but he knew he was addicted. If Heechul knew… what would happen then? Kibum felt embarrassed enough as it was.

“Are you okay?” Heechul finally asked him.

“I’m f-fine,” Kibum replied through clenched teeth. Heechul watched him and understood immediately what was happening. He was having withdrawal symptoms. He looked completely miserable and in pain and Heechul pitied him.

“While you stay here with me, there will be no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter