Chapter 3

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kibum woke up next he looked around in confusion wondering where he was, only to realize a minute later that he was still in Dayeun’s room. He sat up on the bed and the pink blanket fell onto his lap as he stretched out his arms and yawned. Funnily enough, every time he slept in here he never had any dreams about her. He got off the bed and walked out of her room, closing the door behind him, and went back to his own room for a change of clothes. He never stuck around the house longer than necessary, so after getting dressed he walked out of the house without a look back. Finally it was Friday, the day that all the best parties were thrown. He felt a sort of sense of cheerfulness knowing that he was going to acquire a nice load tonight.

The sun was past middle of the sky, which meant it was late afternoon and within a few hours it would be setting, that’s when he would be able to go hunt down some action. In the mean time, Kibum walked around the neighborhoods aimlessly, having nowhere in particular to go. His stomach growled, and he wandered when the last time he ate was. Probably a few days ago, his appetite had disappeared along with his dignity when he had started using drugs.

“Hey! Kibum, what’s up?” A girl’s voice said from behind him. Kibum turned around and saw a familiar face, a girl named Tiffany. She quickly jogged over to him and smiled widely, linking her arm through his

“Nothing, just waiting for the parties to start. Are you going?” Kibum asked, knowing that Tiffany liked to have a good time. 

“Yeah, but unfortunately I don’t have anyone to go with,” Tiffany told him with a pout, giving him a hopeful look that clearly meant something.

“I’ll take you, but you’re leaving alone,” Kibum replied as they turned a corner and headed into town. Tiffany rolled her eyes and huffed in disbelief at his words.

“I don’t get why you do that stuff, Kibum, it’s not good for you. You look like a hot mess, like seriously,” She said, tugging on the hem of his shirt. Kibum just shrugged and didn’t answer her. No one would understand why he did it. Unlike all the other junkies he met at parties, he wasn’t in it just to get high and drunk. All he wanted was to forget, to numb out the pain and this seemed to be the only way. When he didn’t answer, Tiffany continued talking. That was one thing he liked about her, she didn’t care if he contributed to the situation or not. She just kept yapping and that would distract him from any thoughts of Dayeun.

“So like, today me and Jessica got in a huge fight and she completely walked off without apologizing, she’s such a . But it's okay, I still love her! I know we’ll make up tonight because she’s going to the party with…”

He stopped listening after awhile, but still followed her around where ever she went for the next few hours while she shopped for a new outfit for tonight’s parties. He wasn’t exactly enjoying himself, no guy would if they had to voice their opinion on tens of millions dresses that all looked the same, but all the while he wasn’t thinking of his sister and that worked for him. Eventually she finally decided on a y, red dress that would match perfectly with the pair of stiletto’s she'd seen at another store. Soon enough, she was changed and did her make up in the bathroom at the mall and was all set to go.

When they stepped outside the air had gotten a little cooler and the sun was long gone, the moon was shining brightly in the sky. Kibum chuckled as Tiffany, who was already hyped up, yelled random nonsense out as they headed towards the neighborhood. All was going well until they passed a playground, the one where Kibum used to take Dayeun to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter