Do's and don't of dieting

How to get a kpop idol body

Ayo guys! So... Dieting, it's one hell of a minefield but it's something we have to do if we want a nice body. The first day we start off your mind was already set on your dream body and you've planned a healthy meal plan for the entire month then the next day your classmate or your co worker brings in some doughnuts and suddenly your plans fall apart. So for this chapter I'll tell you how to start a diet and how to stick to your plans so you can lose weight and maintain it, let's go!

balanced-diet-image.jpg

Photo credit

DO Slowly ease into your diet: If you suddenly go from eating Mcdonald's everyday to eating kale and tuna you're going have a hard time maintaining your diet and you have a bigger chance of giving up. However, if you start off by changing one of your meals to a healthier alternative slowly. (For example: Changing your breakfast for a week then changing your lunch as well the next.) You'll have an easier time adjusting to your new lifestyle then a few weeks after you'll get used to your diet and it won't feel like your actually on a diet!

Apple.jpg

Photo credit

DON'T Eat below your recommended amount of calories or starve yourself: Before starting a diet remember to check how many calories you need to consume daily using a calorie intake calculator, and asking your doctor to make sure your diet is right for you. Some people need more calories since they have more active life styles or maybe they need to have more iron rich foods since they have an iron deficiency, you will rarely find a one-size-fits-all diet. Always remember to consult your doctor before attempting any diet.

woman-eating-healthy-food-for-beauty.jpg

Photo credit

DO find what works for you: As I said before one diet doesn't work for anyone, some people swear by a vegan diet while some can't go a week without eating something with meat or dairy in it. There are tons of diets to go through and customize to meet your needs and/or budget.

405a8c59-b778-4155-9f1c-ca4e8c5671a8.jpg

Photo credit

DON'T Be so strict on yourself: If you're on a diet where you're planning the exact time you're going to eat, how much and restricting yourself on tons of foods you're going to give up maybe in the next week. Remember that it's okay to eat a treat once in a while to reward yourself for staying on your diet, but that "once in a while" souldn't be every other hour or so.

57925008_7e7ef4dda4.jpg

Photo credit

DO Try to eat as much veggies as you can: Remember how your parents told you to eat your greens? Well they're right about that; vegetables contain many nutrients and fibre to make sure you're getting your much needed nutrients. They also make great snacks when paired with a light dip and they're very filling, when it comes to having a healthy diet there's no way in avoiding vegetables. 

grapefruit.jpg

Photo credit

DON'T Let sugar derail you from your diet: "I'll just have one..." WHY YOU LYING, most of us know the feeling when you eat a small portion of something, then you want another piece, then another, then another. It's hard to avoid this forever but it's easier to prevent then to stop it in the middle of it happening. The best way to avoid this is to eat something with lots of natural sugars in it such as apples, dark chocolate, bananas or grape fruit before indulging in sweets, because when you get cravings it's your body crying out for natual sugar so when you give it what it wants the craving will go away instantly and you can stay on track to having a healthy lifestyle!

Anyways, that's all for today, remember to leave a comment, let me know what you want to see or if you have any questions you want me to answer. Don't forget to click that upvote and subscribe button on your way out for new chapters weekly and as always I'll see you later!

Fitspiration:

choa-aoa-live-white.jpg

Person: AOA's Choa

Photo credit