Getting Ready For Our 'Date'

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

It’s already Saturday, the day we’ll be meeting, and it’s already eleven in the afternoon—quarter to twelve actually—but I’m still sitting on my study table, studying though I couldn’t seem to focus on what I was studying. My mind is full of him right now. I’m still debating on whether to go or not. I also haven’t asked my parents any permission. Gosh. Should come? Just then, I heard a knock on my door and my mom got in.

“Oh, omma.” I said as I spun from my seat to face her.

“Oh… You’re studying. Nevermind. Continue studying.” My mom said and was about to leave my room when I got curious on what she was going to say.

“Wait. Why?” I asked.                                                           

“I was supposed to ask you if you could come with your brother to his classmate’s house, but since you are studying—“

“No. It’s fine.” I interrupted. “I just finished right before you came. So what time is he needed there?” Gosh. Am I making the right move?

“Are you sure? He needs to be there around one in the afternoon.” My mom said. Exactly! I need to meet him around that time also.

“Until what time?” I asked.

“Wait. I’ll ask him.” My mom said and walked out my room to ask my brother. I then walked to my phone and was about to text my best friends when I received a message. The number was unknown. I opened it and read it. I eyes then widened. It’s from ‘him’. The text is:

“Good morning. I’m already getting ready. Just excited. So, I’ll be meeting you later, ok? J”

I then felt my heart race. Should I reply to his text or no? Geez… Just right then, my mom came back.

“Until three in the afternoon. Is that ok with you?” My mom asked and I thought for a while. Should I meet him? What if he’s just playing around and let me wait there and I’ll wait there like stupid? Aish. “So, is it ok with you?” My mom asked again. I looked up to her.

“Uhm… Could I meet my…friend later while waiting for him?” I asked and she looked at me with curiousness.

“Who?” My mom asked.

“Uhm… Eunjae. Yeah, Eunjae.” I said as I grinned. Ok. I know I lied but if I didn’t I’m sure she won’t allow me. But still, I lied. Damn.

“Eunjae?” I nodded. “Ok. Just be sure to pick up your brother at three, ok?” My mom said and I smiled with a nod.

“Thanks!” I said and she nodded before walking out my room. I then closed my door then turned to my closet. Ok. What should I wear? I opened my closet and looked at my shirts and pants. This? This? Or this? Gosh. I should’ve bought a dress. I then looked through my clothes but still I can’t still pick what I would wear. I think it’s time for me to call Sunmi. I got the wireless phone in my room then called Sunmi at their house.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo. Could I speak with Sunmi?” I said.

“Minhee? Why?” Oh. It was Sunmi.

“Sunmi, I need your help.” I said.

“Why? Wait. Isn’t this day your date with Junhyung?” Sunmi said.  

“That’s why I called you. I can’t pick anything to wear. And also, it’s not a date.” I said.

“Right. If you say so… Uhm… Why don’t you wear a dress?” She said.

“I don’t have one.” I said.

“Oh… Right. How about a skirt?” She asked.

“Uhm… Wait.” I said then looked through my clothes. Oh, there’s one!

“I have but I think I won’t be comfortable wearing this.” I said as I looked at the skirt. I rarely wear dresses or even skirts. I only wear skirts in school as a school uniform and dresses in formal occasions. Other than that, I don’t wear any skirts or dresses.

“How about you just wear what you usually wear? Just be yourself. I think it’s much better.” She said and I thought for a while until a smile formed on my lips.

“You’re right. If he really likes to go out with me, then he should know how to accept who I really am. Thanks Sunmi!” I said happily.

“Okies! Don’t forget to tell us what happens to your DATE, ok?” Sunmi said emphasizing the word date.

“Again, it’s not a date, ok? We’ll just go out, maybe to know each other more.” I said.

“Tch… Araso. I need to hang up already. Gonna eat lunch already. You too. Eat lunch before you get ready for your getting-to-know-each-other day out with Junhyung.” Sunmi said as she giggled.

“Araso. Thanks again. Bye.” I said then we both ended the call. I then picked out what I am going to wear before I was called to eat lunch.

Junhyung’s POV

I wonder what that girl would be wearing. Tcch… I just hope it’s not something from her weird fashion sense. Should I go early there? Uhm… Letting her wait… Not bad either… But it might blow off the plan. Just today. Let’s just let her see I’m really sincere with everything. I walked in front of my mirror then looked if everything’s ‘perfect’. Just enough. Still handsome as always. Better drive off. I got my car keys then went out of my room and walked to my car. I walked in my car then smirked as I the engine. Lee Minhee, let’s see how smart you are, or you’ll be stupid because of love, or shall we say, because of me.   

_ _ _ _ _

Second chapter up! I know it's kinda boring. I'll try to put up the third chapter later or by tomorrow. Thanks for those who subscribed and read this fanfic! Kamsahamnida!