Getting-To-Know-Each-Other Date

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Minhee’s POV

“Mom, we’re leaving!” I shouted as I wore my shoes.

“Alright! Be careful ok? Don’t let your brother get out of your sight, and don’t forget to pick him up at three, ok?” My mom said as I kissed her on the cheeks, and my brother did the same. I nodded.

“Neh. I’ll keep that in mind.” I said and I went out of our house with my brother trailing behind me. We walked out our gate then walked to the bus stop.

“Noona…” I turned to my right side down to look at my brother.

“Uhm?” I asked.

“I hope you won’t take it badly but, your outfit matched today just right.” My brother said with his grin. I glared at him.

[Clothes: http://www.google.com.ph/imglanding?q=SPAO+Seohyun&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1W1ADFA_en&biw=1345&bih=486&tbs=isch:1&tbnid=zcpDVjzPtyUEdM:&imgrefurl=http://style.soshified.com/2010/08/seohyun-spao-christian-louboutin/&imgurl=http://soshified.com.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/soshistyle_files/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/seo-spao21.png&zoom=1&w=367&h=450&iact=hc&ei=bBbMTNmvHsKXcYqztfgP&oei=LhbMTPKXKIjKcYyvvIMO&esq=6&page=4&tbnh=168&tbnw=137&start=54&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:54]

“It’s just.” I said.

“Oh… It’s just that, sometimes, you put something on, like vest or something that doesn’t fit you already because of the color and such. Anyway… Don’t tell me you’re going on a date, ha, ha?” He said nudging me on arm.

“Who told you? I mean, who would I date?” I said biting my lower lip. I’m busted.

“Oh! You are really going to a date and not meet Eunjae noona, ha?! I’ll tell that to mom!” He said as he ran back his way to our house.

“No!” I said as I ran after him and held his wrist tightly and make him face me. “Look. I’m not really going on a date. I just have to meet this person that I need to lie to mom for her to allow me.” I said.

“Why do you need lie to mom if it’s not a date?” He said with a hint of teasing in his voice.

“Duh. I’m meeting a guy and you know mom won’t allow me if I were to meet a guy. Listen. I’m going to meet Junhyung and I’m sure you know him, right?” I said spilling all the details on the person I am going to meet. I then saw his eyes widened.

“What? You are going to meet him?! No! Even I won’t allow you! I’m definitely telling mom!” He said being like an older brother to me with the way he said it then suddenly continued to run back but I quickly held him back. Boy, I’m stronger than you, ya know?

“Don’t act as if you are older than me.” I said with an eyebrow up.

“But noona! He’s a playboy! A jerk! Sorry for the word. But he’s just really like that!” He said.

“Ok, ok. Whatever you say. But please don’t tell mom, ok? I’ll just be the one to tell her.” I said and my brother pouted.

“But if he’ll hurt you, I’ll not think twice to punch him.” He said acting strong.

“Alright, alright. As if you could punch him…” I said slightly chuckling.

“Of course I could! I’ll even bring back up!” He said and I just laughed.

“Araso. Now, we should get going or else you’ll, I mean, we will be late.” I said ruffling his hair and he just nodded.

|Minutes after…|

Ok. Now I already sent my brother to his classmate’s house, so I should be get going to the park. Right. I walked out the subdivision and waved for a cab and as soon as I got in, I told him to go to the park near our school where we’ll be meeting. Lee Minhee, here goes nothing. Hwaiting!

Junhyung’s POV

I looked at the watch in my car as soon as I parked my car at the side—twelve-forty, just right. I turned my engines off by twisting my car key then looked at my rear mirror to see if my hair is just fine; perfectly fine. I think I should just first look around while waiting for her. Wait. I forgot to tell her where exactly to meet! Aish. Stupid. Now, should I text her or not? Text, not, text, not… Right. I’ll just text her and be a man. I pulled out my phone then started texting her.

To: Weirdo

Hey. I forgot to tell where exactly to meet. Let’s just meet in front of Starbucks. See ya.

Send.

I smirked as I put my phone back inside my pocket and walked down my car and locked it, making sure all the car doors are locked before leaving it.

I was looking around when a flower shop caught my eye. Should I buy her flowers? Uhm… Maybe I should... Right again, just to look sincere. I walked to the flower shop and was greeted by a cute petite girl but not really my type.

“Welcome sir. Flowers for your girlfriend?” She said and I thought for a moment. Should I really be thinking still? Tcch…

“Uhm… Not really…” Did I just say not really? Oh gosh. No. She’s not my girlfriend, and will never be! As I finished what I said, I flashed a smile and I saw the girl blush. Tsk. Like any other girls… Pssh… I then walked around the shop. What flower should I get? Uhm… I was walking around until a bouquet of flowers caught my attention; it’s a bouquet of red roses. I approached it and looked at it.

“Would you like that, sir?” The same girl said. I thought for a while before I nodded. The girl smiled as she nodded and got the bouquet of flowers and proceeded to the counter. I followed her from behind and as soon as I reached the counter, I handed her my payment and in return, she handed me the flower bouquet.

“Thank you.” I said and again, smiled. She nodded and I walked out the shop with the bouquet of flowers at my right hand. I looked at it and smiled. Smiled? The heck… Remember, it’s just for her to believe that you really like her, ok? Ok. Enough of this. I might go crazy thinking about it. So now, what should I do... Oh. Let’s see if she’s already there.

Minhee’s POV

Soon, I reached the park where we’ll be meeting and I went down the cab as soon as I handed the driver my payment. Now, where should I be going? Right. Starbucks. That’s what he said in the message. Where’s that again? Ah! There! As I walked towards the Starbucks, I noticed him standing at the right side of the door. Breath in, breath out. You can do it Minhee! Hwaiting! I approached him smiling.

“Hey.” I greeted. “Have you been waiting for a long time already?” I asked. He smiled as he shook his head.

“Nope. I arrived just some minutes before you came. Anyway, here. I especially chose it for you.” Junhyung said handing me the bouquet of flowers behind him. Omo. He bought flowers for me. I got it and smelled it to cover my blushing cheeks. Anyway, it smells good.

“Thanks. No one has given me flowers like this. Thank you, really.” I said as I smiled.

“It’s nothing. Now, would you like to stroll around first or eat?” He asked as he smiled.

“Stroll?” I said as if I was asking.

“Ok. Then stroll it is.” He said as he smiled. Please stop smiling too much at me, it might melt me.

Junhyung’s POV

I looked at her and mentally nodded. At least she didn’t wear something that doesn’t match each other or else I might think of backing out. If also only she change her big thick framed eyeglasses, it would be much better. I then handed her the flowers I bought then she thanked me after, she smelled it.

“It’s nothing. Now, would you like to stroll around first or eat?” I asked.

“Stroll?” She said, but it was more like asking.

“Ok. Then stroll it is.” I said and we started strolling around. I could see some people looking at us and I just fake a smile. After a while of strolling and many looks from others that I grew uncomfortable already though I’m used with others looking at me, especially girls, like I am embarrassed—I’m really embarrassed walking with her since my family is known and some of the people who are looking at me might know me as well. – I asked her if we could rest for a while and also eat. She just nodded and I brought her to a restaurant using my car. I just kept quiet along the ride. I don’t have anything to say to her anyway. I just want to end this ‘date’ already. As we got to the restaurant, being the gentleman I am, I opened the door for her and as we got in the restaurant and a guy led us to a table, I also pulled the chair for her. Yeah, I know. I’m really a gentleman.

Minhee’s POV

I guess our ‘date’ is fun so far. We strolled around the park, talk about some things, and now, we are going to eat. I really didn’t imagine this day to come, where I’ll be eating with him, alone. I never realized how nice and gentleman he really is, maybe people just can’t see that side of his.

“So, what would you like to eat?” He asked looking at the menu. I looked at my menu and picked something to eat.

“Uhm… I’ll just get what you’ll get since I’m not familiar with the food here.” I said as I can’t pick anything.

“You sure?” He asked and I just nodded. “Alright.” He said as he looked at his menu and started telling the waiter his orders. After he ordered, the waiter repeated what he wants to order then bowed and left.

“So, after this, do you want to go somewhere else?” He asked.

“Uhm… Arcade?” I said but again, I was unsure.

“Arcade? Are you sure? I didn’t think you want going to an arcade. I mean, I thought you want to go to bookstores and stuff.” He said as he chuckled.

“Oh…” I said and felt myself blush. “I really go to arcades especially when I’m with my brother and sometimes with my friends.” I said and he nodded.

“I see. Then, should we go there later?” He asked and I nodded.

“If it’s alright with you…” I said.

“Yeah, it’s fine. It’s been a long time since I went there.” He said and I just smiled. “So what games do you usually play in the arcade?” He said and I began telling him what and he also told me what he miss playing. I didn’t think he plays arcade games. Well, he’s rich, his family is known, and also it doesn’t look like him.  I also found out that he last played in an arcade when he was ten years old and it was really long ago with his brother who I really haven’t met personally. As what I know, he’s brother is now abroad, studying and when he comes back, he’ll be handling their company.

We chatted about arcade games until our orders arrived. We ate and sometimes talk while we ate. Right after we finished eating, Junhyung volunteered to pay for the food we ate though I insisted to pay. He said it’s our first date (Does that mean we will be dating again? Omo.), so he’ll pay for it. I just obeyed him and after, we left the restaurant and went to the mall where there is a place there where it’s just packed with arcade games. It wasn’t that far from the restaurant so we arrived there in less than half an hour. As soon as we reached the mall, we parked the car first then went to the arcade place immediately. As we reached the arcade place, it was packed with kids, teenagers and elderly as well. We then walked around the arcade place looking for a game to play.

“Oh. Tekken. Want to play this?” I asked as I turned to him.

“Sure.” He said then we bought tokens then played it. In our first round, I won. In the second, I still won until our third game. “Yah! You’re so good at this.” He said.

“It’s just that I play this with my brother often.” I said as I laughed.

“Hmmph. Let’s play again. I’ll win you this time.” He said as he inserted a token and I just laughed at how he is determined to win.

“Alright.” I said and we started to play again. Still, I won.

“Can’t you lose even just one time?” He said with a cute pout. 

“Uhm… Next time.” I said as I laughed.

“Tch. Yeah, right. You are really good at everything.” He said.

“Of course not. There’s weakness for every people, you know.” I said.

“Yeah right. Then what’s yours?” He said.

“Secret. Won’t tell you.” I said as I stuck my tongue out.

“I’ll make you tell me. I promise you that.” He said and I just nodded.

“If you can.” I said.

“Of course I could! I’m Yong Junhyung, right?” He said and I just nodded.

“Ok. If you say so.” I said as I laughed. Just then two girls approached us.

“Oppa?”

Junhyung’s POV

We played Tekken, the game I played with my brother when we were still young. I missed it. Really. Now, playing with Minhee seems to bring back that times and like those times with my brother, I’m also having fun, just to be honest. I also always lose to my brother but I didn’t expect to lose to a girl, especially to a girl who I thought was a full nerd. Maybe I, or shall we say we were just wrong. Just then two girls approached us and when we turned to them, it was two of our schoolmates and two of my fangirls. Geez…

“Oppa?” They said. “Omo. It’s really you, oppa. What are you doing with that nerd?” One of the girls said.

“What is it to you?” I said. Crap. Am I just defending her now?

“But oppa, she’s a nerd.” The other girl said. I approached them.

“Shut up. Don’t ever speak of this at school or anywhere or else, you know what will happen. Also, I thought you know me?” I told them in a whisper then backed away. I saw them smirked.

“Oh… I see… Good luck then oppa. Bye.” The girls said as they waved then walked away and I notice them smirk at Minhee. As I turned to Minhee, I just saw her looking down.

“Hey. Are you ok?” I asked. She nodded as she looked up.

“Just don’t let what they said into you. Ok?” I said.

“It’s fine. I’m not that kind of person anyway.” She said and I just nodded.

“Let’s play again.” I said then placed another token. Again, I lose. “I really promise to win you next time.” I said.

“Ok. If you say so.” She said as she laughed. Her laugh… it’s the first time I heard it. I never really hear her laugh at school though I see her smile or hear her giggle or chuckle. It’s something that could make someone smile. SMILE?! Junhyung! Go back to your senses! Remember, you are just making her fall for you, more. “Junhyung, Junhyung, still there?” She said that snapped me back to reality.

“Ah. Yeah. Want to play other games?” I asked as I felt shiver ran down my spine.

“Sure. What’d you like?” She asked and we both stood up from our seats then looked for another game. We played various games until when we were looking around I saw her looking at a game wherein you could get a stuff toy.

“Wanna get one?” I asked as I walked to it.

“Ah. No. I just… remembered something.” She said as she held on my arm. I turned to her.

“What is it?” I asked as I turned to her. She then let go of my arm.

“Nothing. It’s really nothing.” She said. “Let’s just play another game. How about… that?” She said then pulled me to a racing game. We then played it but I still wonder what it is that she remembered. Is it a person or something? I want to know what and I’ll find about it soon.

Minhee’s POV

We were playing the guitar hero game when suddenly, my phone began vibrating. I looked at my watch to see that it’s already three-ten. Sheeeet. I answered my phone; it was my brother.

“I’ll be there in some minutes. Just wait. Ok? Bye.” I said as I ended the call.

“Who was that?” Junhyung asked.

“Erm… My brother. I need to go already. I still need to pick my brother up in his classmate’s house or else my mom would scold at me.” I said as I placed my phone back in my bag then looked at him.  

“Oh… Is that so… I’ll come with you.” He said, and I felt my cheeks turn pinkish.

“No. It’s fine. You still need to study, right? I heard from my best friend that you have a test on Monday. Maybe you should just study instead of coming with me.” I said. Eunmi’s her classmate by the way.

“Aish. Could you stop thinking about studies even just today? Also, I still have time to study tomorrow, so don’t think about it, ok? I won’t accept a ‘no’ for an answer. So just let me come, ok?” He said and I felt my cheeks turn pinkish to reddish.

“Are you really sure?” I asked and he nodded.

“Let’s go.” He said and I just nodded. We walked to his car and we drove to the house of my brother’s classmate.

Junhyung’s POV

I don’t know why but I insisted to come with her to fetch her brother. Maybe I just want to? Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Let’s just say I don’t have anything to do so I decided to come with her. Yeah. Just think of that. Soon, we reached the house.

“Thanks.” She said.

“It’s nothing.” I said then smiled.

“So, I’ll just be seeing you on Monday, I guess.” She said and I nodded. “You should go ahead already. And also, thank you because I had fun.” She said as she smiled. I felt like smiling and so I did then nodded. I don’t get why I like smiling at her. Is it because I’m starting to like her? Oh heck no!

“Erm… Don’t you want a ride home?” I asked.

“No. It’s fine. We might go to a convenience store before going home to buy some snacks.” She said.

“Are you sure?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yeah. I’m sure. So, just see you on Monday in school.” She said as she smiled then open the door to her side then walked down. Suddenly, I grabbed wrist.

Minhee’s POV

I was about to walk out the car when suddenly he grabbed my wrist that surprised me. I turned to him with a ‘what’ face.

“Erm… Thank you also for coming today. I also had fun.” He said and I just nodded then smiled. He then let go of my wrist then I closed the door. I waved to him then he drove off. I turned to see me brother pouting and arms crossed.

Junhyung’s POV

I quickly let go of her wrist after I what I said. What got into me that I held her wrist, as if I’m stopping her to leave? Or is it what I really wanted? No. It’s not it. Junhyung wake up! You are just pretending to be all nice to her, remember? You might blow off your plan if you… start to like her. Ok. I think I should just stop thinking about it.

Minhee’s POV

“Why did you come with him here?” He said.

“Who?” I asked as if I don’t know who he is referring.

“Who else? That Junhyung guy of course.” He said that made me mad a little.

“Yah. He’s still older than you.” I said and he just pouted at me.

“Yeah, right.” He said.

“Look. He just offered me a ride here. You even should be thankful to him because if it’s not because of him, I won’t be this early.” I said and I heard him mumble something but didn’t understand what. “What did you say?” I asked.

“Huh? Nothing. Let’s go home already.” He said walking ahead of me. What’s his problem? Aish.

“Let’s pass by a convenience store first.” I said walking beside him.

“Why?” He asked.

“Let’s buy ice cream.” I said as I grinned and he turned to me and then smiled.

“Alright!” He said with a smile. Glad he isn’t mad already. We then walked to the bus stop then rode the train. When we reached our place, we first passed by a convenience store like what was planned and bought ice cream. When we got home, it was already four in the afternoon. We took a bath then did our assignments and at seven, we ate dinner. Right after dinner, we walked to our game room then played our Wii while eating the ice cream we bought.

_ _ _ _ _

I know I said I'll finish this by the end of this week but I think I just can't because we kept on going to places. Hope you understand. Kamsahamnida! :) I hope this chapter filled up the days I wasn't able to update, and hope it somehow satisfied you readers. ^_^