Lunch Date With Two Guys | Awkward Moment

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Doojoon’s POV

We went to a restaurant for lunch. I sat beside Eunjae while Kikwang sat opposite to us.

“What do you guys want to eat?” I asked as I looked at the menu.

“I’ll get spaghetti.” Eunjae said and the waiter wrote it down.

“How ‘bout you, Kikwang?” I asked.

“I’ll get roasted beef.” He said.

“I’ll just get grilled pork.” I said. “Don’t you guys want anything else?” I asked and both shook their heads. The waiter then repeated our orders then left.

As the waiter had left, it was quiet and because I don’t know what to say, I also just didn’t break it. In ten minutes, our orders came and we ate with a real awkward silence.

“So, you two were really great a while ago.” I said to break the silence. It’s just too awkward already that I can’t take. Heck. They’re both my best friends so why be so awkward around them.

“Thanks.” Both of them said then glared at each other. I laughed at them.

“I thought you two would get better with each other since you’ll be working together.” I said as I took a slice from the grilled pork.

“That wouldn’t happen.” Eunjae whispered but I heard it since I’m just beside her.

“Really?” Kikwang said so I guess he heard it to.

“See, he also doesn’t want to.” Eunjae said.

“Yah. We’re eating so stop arguing with each other.” I said, and both of them just kept quiet.

“Ah. I need to go. I still have somewhere to go. Thanks hyung for the treat! Bye.” Kikwang said as he stood up from his seat.

“But, you…” I already trailed off. He was already out the restaurant. I looked at Eunjae.

“What?” She said annoyed.

“You shouldn’t have said that.” I said.

“But he was way too annoying.” She said.

“Still, you shouldn’t have said that. He’s also a person and so he also gets hurt.” I said disappointed. It was silent afterwards.

“What do you want me to do then?” She said without turning to me.

“Say sorry, of course.” I said.

“I’ll try.” She said.

“Try?” I said. “You should do it. Not try, Jae.” I said. I heard her sigh.

“I don’t know how to do it, so I’ll just try.” She said.

“I’ll ask Kikwang if you said sorry to him or not.” I said. “And if he said no, it means you don’t like me as a friend anymore.”

“What? That’s so childish.” She said.

“Even so.” I said.

 _ _ _ _ _

Kimin’s POV

We’re already at the amusement park…with two hyper people—Kihyun and Ri Rin unnie. If you wonder how the heck that she’s here with us, it is because on our way to Jino’s car, Ri Rin unnie came running, calling me and asked where we are going and so I said the truth. I can’t lie because my brother would also interfere and say where we are really going. We are now strolling inside the park.

“Whoah. There are many people today.” I said looking around.

“It’s winter vacation. Of course there would really be many people.” Jino said.

“Uhm…” I nodded.

“I want to ride that one.” Kihyun said pointing to the ride that you will be seating but your feet is just free hanging. It’s also like a roller coaster, just a little different.

“B-Bwoh?!” I said surprised. “When did you ever like riding such rides?” I said.

“Just now.” He said grinning wide.

“I also want to. Let’s go together then, Kihyun.” Ri Rin unnie said.

“How ‘bout we just all go together?” Jino said and I looked at him.

“You too?” I said and he nodded.

“I think it will be fun.” He said grinning.

“Oh, c’mon Kimin. It’ll be fun, I’m sure.” Ri Rin unnie said grabbing my arm and dragging me to the line.

“The line’s so long.” I said. “It’ll just use up most of our time here.” I said hoping we would transfer to another ride.

“It’s alright. We know you just want to transfer to another ride.” Jino said. I looked at Jino as I furrowed my eyebrows, while he grinned at me. I sighed.

“Ok. Fine.” I said as I pouted.

“You’re really so cute.” Jino said pinching my cheeks.

“Yah!” I said pinching his cheeks as well.

“Yieee~” Ri Rin unnie and Kihyun teased. We both stopped then looked away. I felt my cheeks heat up. Just then, my phone rang. I answered it.

“Yoboseyo? Oh, Juhyung-ssi.” I said walking a little far from Jino, Kihyun, and Ri Rin.

Jino’s POV

Kimin walked a few inches away from us after she answered the call. So she’s close with Junhyung eh?

“Junhyung…pfft.” Kihyun said frowning.

“Why?” I asked looking at him. It’s like he’s mad at Junhyung.

“I don’t like him, yet—“ Ri Rin interrupted him.

“Stop saying things like that, Kihyun. It’s not proper. Sorry if Kihyun had been harsh in speaking.” Ri Rin said. I just nodded while smiling. I was curious with what he was about to say but I’ll just ask it some other time. Kimin returned just in time for us to ride the ride. Kihyun and Ri Rin quickly sat together.

“Hyung, can you just sit with noona?” Kihyun grinned.

“Kihyun, you little…” Kimin said.

“Ah. Sure.” I said smiling. Kihyun stuck his tongue out on Kimin before turning in front. I looked at Kimin and nodded. Kimin sighed.

“Should I really ride this?” She asked.

“Yup.” I said pushing her to the seat. She sighed before sitting on one of the seats and I sat next to her. The ride soon started.

_ _ _ _ _

Junhyung’s POV

Friend… Of course, it’s no other than Jino. Why am I even frustrated over it? Don’t Kimin like me…back? Aish. I’m going to go crazy just thinking about it.

“Urg!” Just then, the door to my room opened and surprised me. It was just my cousin. Wait. What is she doing here?

“Oppa, you scared me.” She said as she clutched on her teddy bear.

“S…Sorry. I was thinking of something.” I said. “Why are you here? And also, knock first before going in my room, or any room. It’s rude opening rooms’ of other people without knocking, ok?” I said as gentle as I can to not scare my cousin. She slowly nodded.

“Oh! There you are. Oh… Looks like Junhyung’s also here.” This is my house, of course. “Junhyung, can you take your cousin to an amusement park? I promised to bring her there but my assistant called me because one of our clients suddenly came. It’s really urgent. So, please? I can’t bring her home again because I’ll be taking long to go to the office if I still bring her home.” My aunt said. I first thought for a while and looked at my cousin. Amusement park… Ah! Right!

“S…sure.” I said smiling.

“Really? Thank you! I’ll just pick her up here or just call me where to pick her up in case you’re not still home.” She said and I nodded.

“Neh. Araso.” I said.

“Ok. Thank you again.” She said then kneeled to her daughter’s height. “Haeya-ah, I just have a really urgent meeting to go to. I promise to take you to the amusement park in my free time. Junhyung-oppa will just first take you there. Alright?” She said as she kissed Haeya on the forehead then left. Haeya looked up to me. Oh please… Stop looking at me.

“O…k… Shall we go now?” I said and she nodded. “Just wait for me for a while. I’ll just change, ok?” I said and she nodded. I just first handed her to our butler then changed my clothes. I wore a v-neck white shirt then a jacket over then a pair of pants. I wore my glasses then grabbed the things I usually bring before walking out my room. We left as soon as we got in my car.

Is it even the right thing to say yes? I looked over my cousin and she was just looking straight. I sighed. How could I even say no even if I want? Geez…

_ _ _ _ _

Kimin’s POV

I wobbled as I got down the ride. I feel like everything around me is turning. As I was still trying to stand straight, the three of them was just laughing.

“Yah. It wasn’t fun!” I said as I pouted.

“It was.” Ri Rin said as she slowly stopped laughing.

“Where do you want to go next?” Jino asked.

“Could we…rest for a while, please? I still feel dizzy. My stomach back flipped with that ride.” I said and they laughed.

“Should we grant her wish?” Jino said and I glared at him. “Just kidding. Araso. Let’s go. Let’s stay…there!” Jino said as he ran to the bench just across the ride. Luckily, no one was sitting on them at the moment. The four of us all sat on the bench, occupying all the space. I rested my head on Jino’s shoulder then closed my eyes, just to relax. I still feel my head spinning.

“You know what, noona, if I was to choose who you will be with, I’ll really want Jino-hyung for you.” Kihyun said.

“But you aren’t. Also, we just treat each other like brother and sister, right, Jino-ah?” I said as I opened my eyes but didn’t move from my position and tilted my head a little upward to look at Jino.  

“Ah… Y-Yeah. Of course. I would also not take you away from—“ I interrupted Jino immediately before he continued on what he was to say. I just don’t want to discuss about ‘him’.

“Let’s stroll around. I don’t feel dizzy already.” I said as I sat up then smiled. Jino just kept quiet. “How about we try the stall games?” I said.

“Oh. That’s a great idea.” Ri Rin said smiling. I just smiled back. We then looked for the stall games. Jino wasn’t that quiet but I know he was feeling quite frustrated.

“How about we play that?” I said as I looked at a stall game that you need to hit all the bottles down to get a prize. I grabbed Jino’s arm then dragged him there. I then asked how much to play the game then paid for four for the four of us. “Jino, try it.” I said and he slowly nodded. I handed him a ball. We were all holding a ball and aimed the ball to the bottles set of bottles given to us. “Ok… Here we go…” I sighed as I failed to hit all the bottles down.

“Ah… Aish.” Ri Rin said as she failed, too. I just laughed at her.

“Oh! I’m sure I’m gonna—Urg.” He said as he, too, failed. So Jino is the only one left.

“Go Jino!” We cheered.

“Hana… Tul… Set…” Jino threw the ball towards the bottles and it all…fell down. We clapped for him.

“That was really good!” I said. Jino smiled.

“Here’s your prize, sir.” The guy at the stall said and handed Jino a bunny stuff toy.

“Here. For you.” Jino said as he gave me the stuff toy.

“Really? Komawo!” I said as I hugged him.

“Yieee…” Ri Rin unnie and Kihyun teased. I moved away from the hug then stuck my tongue out on them.

“Jealous?” I said and they shook their heads.

“You two just look so cute.” Ri Rin unnie said.

“Right.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“Let’s—Excuse me. I’ll just answer this.” I said as my phone rang. I walked a meter away from them before answering.

“Yoboseyo?” It was Junhyung.

“Where are you?” He asked.

“Amusement park.” I said.

“I know right? I mean, where in the amusement park?” He said.

“Oh. Sorry. I’m at a stall game, near the roller coaster. Why?” I asked.

“Ah… Alright. Wait for me there, ok?” He said then immediately ended the call. O…k… I just shrugged then placed my phone back in my bag. What was that for? And, how would I tell the three if we could first stay for a while? *sigh*

“Who was that?” Kihyun asked.

“Nothing.” I said.

“It was that Junhyung guy again right?” Kihyun said.

“And what is it if he’s the one?” I said raising an eyebrow.

“What did he call for?” Jino asked.

“Huh?” I said turning to Jino. “He-He—Oh! Balloons!” I said then went to the man selling balloons just nearby just to have an excuse.

“Just the first time to see a balloon, ha, Kimin?” Ri Rin said then laughed.

Just then, a little girl, maybe around five years old, pointed at a pink heart-shaped balloon.

“You want that?” I asked and the little girl looked at me then nodded.

“Haeya—Oh, Kimin.” I turned to the guy who stood at the little girl’s back and saw…Junhyung.

“Junhyung.” I said.

_ _ _ _ _

We went to the food place then settled at one table. I told Kihyun to just keep quiet if he has nothing nice to say because I know he might be saying harsh things about Junhyung. I sat between Ri Rin unnie and Kihyun while Jino sat beside Junhyung and beside Junhyung is Haeya. I wonder who’s Haeya to him. Don’t tell me she’s his daughter?! OMO.

“So, it’s nice meeting you here, Junhyung.” Jino said and Junhyung nodded with a small smile.

“Why are you here, anyway? And who’s with you?” I asked.

“She’s my cousin, Haeya. I just came with her since her mother had an urgent meeting to attend to.” Junhyung said and I nodded.

“She’s so cute.” Ri Rin unnie said and Junhyung just released a small smile. “By the way, I’m Park Ri Rin. Kimin’s cousin.” Ri Rin unnie introduced. She’s really full of confidence.

“Oh. I’m Yong Junhyung. It’s nice meeting you, Ri Rin…” Junhyung trailed off since he doesn’t know how to address Ri Rin unnie.

“Ri Rin would be fine.” Ri Rin unnie said then smiled.

“Ah. It’s nice meeting you, Ri Rin.” Junhyung said bowing his head.

“How about we buy food already?” Jino suggested and we all nodded. “I’ll just be the one to buy. What do you guys want?” Jino asked.

“I’ll come as well.” Junhyung said. Jino nodded.

“I’ll just have chicken.” I said.

“I’ll just have the same.” Ri Rin unnie said.

“How about you, Kihyun?” Jino asked.

“I’ll just have chicken as well.” Kihyun said.

“How about you, Haeya? What do you want to eat?” Jino asked nicely as he peered over Junhyung. Haeya just stared at him then moved closer to Junhyung. We just giggled while Jino scratched his head.

“Do you want chicken, also, Haeya?” Junhyung asked and Haeya slowly nodded.

“How about we just get the same for all of us?” Jino said and Junhyung nodded.

“Alright. We’ll be back.” Jino said as he stood then walked to McDo. He was then followed by Junhyung after he had spoken to Haeya.

_ _ _ _ _

Junhyung’s POV

Jino and I then walked to McDo just around the ‘food court’ then fall in line to order.

“Why are you really here?” Jino asked. “Is it because Kimin’s here? You like her, don’t you?”

“I just really went here for my cousin.” I said ignoring the last question.

“Really?” He said.

“Yeah, really.” I said. He smirked. I just didn’t mind him then waited for our turn to order.

We all ordered chicken then I walked to the fast food chain beside that sells pizza then ordered one box of pizza as Jino waited for our order. After we have received our orders, Jino was accompanied by a waiter since he have three trays of food to bring and he can only afford to bring one at a time back to our table. The waiter left bringing all the trays after. We ate quietly until Jino spoke up.

“Min, have Junhyung mentioned that we were friends back in America?” Jino said as he looked up at Kimin. I froze on my position.

“Really? How did you two met?” Kimin excitedly asked.

“His brother and hyung are friends. They introduced us to each other.” Jino said.

“Oh… Re-Really?” Kimin said as she stuttered. I wonder why.

“Yup. Right, Junhyung?” Jino said as he nudged me.

“Ah, yeah.” I replied.

“Who’s hyung is that, Jino hyung?” Kihyun asked.

“Oh. He also knows you but I bet you don’t remember him as well. He’s your—“ Jino was interrupted by Kimin surprisingly. I’ve been noticing that Kimin had been trying to avoid talking about Jino’s older brother, and I really wonder why. Do both of them have past together or what?

“Oh… Be careful Haeya.” Kimin said as she helped Haeya to get the glass of water.

“Haeya, you might spill water on yourself.” I said as I as well assisted Haeya.

“Sorry…” Haeya said after she drank and I nodded.

“Where are we going after eating?” Jino asked.

“How about we rest for a while at the fountain? I’m sure Haeya would also have fun there.” Ri Rin said smiling.

“Ah… Right. Let’s go there then.” Jino said smiling.

_ _ _ _ _

We then finished eating then went to the fountain. Kimin, Ri Rin, Kihyun, and Haeya was playing tag at the fountain while Jino and I just watched them.

“Don’t you think Kimin would look better without her glasses?” Jino said turning to me.

“Ah… Yeah, maybe.” I said. I heard him chuckle. “By the way, I just noticed that Kimin have been avoiding any topics about your brother. I just wonder if they have past together.” I asked. Wah! Stupid. Why should I be asking such question? Aish.

“Uhm… I can’t tell anything about it because Kimin might get mad at me if I say something.” Jino said.

“Ah. Haha. Araso. It’s ok.” I said and it was quiet for a while until Jino spoke.

“Who is Kimin to you?” Jino asked.

“Kimin? She’s…a great friend.” I said.

“Oh…” He said.

“Why? To you, who is Kimin?” I asked curious.

“Since we were young, I’ve thought of her as a really great friend even though she always, it may sound funny, but she often bully me.” Jino said chuckling. Whoah.

“Really? I never thought Kimin bullied someone because at school she’s the one…” I stopped. I shouldn’t be telling him that.

“She’s the one what?” Jino asked.

“She’s the one who really don’t talk much.” I said.

“Ah… Ahaha. Before she wasn’t, especially when we were together. She really talks a lot.” Jino said and I nodded. I learned many about Kimin through Jino today. After about half an hour, we strolled at the amusement park and rode some rides before, at four in the afternoon, went home.

“I still need to send Haeya to her mother. We’ll be going first.” I said as I waved to them. Haeya as well waved before we entered my car then drove off. It was really tiring especially with a kid because I need to follow and follow wherever she goes but it was really fun going out with them, even though Kimin left me puzzled about her relation with Jino’s brother.

_ _ _ _ _

Kimin’s POV

We also drove home after. Kihyun and Ri Rin unnie was fast asleep at the back seat while I pretended to be sleeping at the passenger’s seat.

“Kimin.” Jino said. “I know you’re awake.” I slowly opened my eyes then sighed.

“You know me really well.” I said as I stared out the window.

“Of course.” Jino said. I just smiled.

“Hyung…”

“Sorry…” We both said at the same time.

“You go first.” Jino said. I nodded.

“Sorry if I have been interrupting whenever you speak. I really just can’t…talk about him. I’m not even ready to talk to him.” I said as memories of ‘him’ rushed in my head.

“I understand but until when, until when will you be ready to talk to him, to see him?” Jino said and I shook my head looking on my lap as I sighed. “I know you don’t want to talk about him but I just want you to know that hyung didn’t intentionally didn’t come back as what he promised. He was given a lot of offers after he had graduated and was appointed as a CEO in one of our company in America. And remember the blue teddy bear?” He said.

“So it was from you…” I softly said.

“But the necklace, like what I said at the note, wasn’t from me. It was from—“ I interrupted him for I know what he was going to say next.

“…him.” I said and he nodded. “Araso. I’m not really mad at him but I was disappointed after he didn’t come back at the day he promised, but after you told me the reason behind it, I’ll try to forget about it and start a new…if he comes back.” I said and Jino smiled.

“Thanks.” Jino said.

“You don’t have to. It’s ok.” I said and he nodded.

Jino’s POV

“He will…soon.” I thought.

We reached their house at around five in the afternoon. I didn’t stay long after and went home as well. I’m really excited to talk to hyung.

_ _ _ _ _

First of all, sorry for the really late update. School already started just four days ago and I didn't have much time to type the next chapter.

The winter vacation will start around Chapter 29 or 30.

Ok. So about the poll of who would end up with Eunjae. Doojoon is leading with 19 votes while Kikwang have 7 votes. 4 votes went to 'Any of the two would be fine.' and zero to 'Anyone you like.' Ahaha. It seems like many really like Doojoon to be with Eunjae. Anyway, I'll end the poll when I post the next chapter. Here's the poll:

If it won't open, here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/1896

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!