Just The Beginning

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Kimin’s POV

The next morning, we waited for Eunjae to arrive. What’s taking that girl long when she’s usually early? Oh. Right. She just got a fever last night. I hope she’s alright by now.

“Why do you think she’s not early today?” Eunmi asked as she looked at her watch.

“She just had a fever, remember?” I said and she nodded.

“Oh. Yeah. I almost forgot about that. Aish. And that Kikwang guy even yelled at her yesterday. Psh. Who does he thinks he is to yell at Eunjae? If I was not just afraid to be involved with any fights, I would really punch his beautiful face.” Eunmi said.

“It’s almost ok, but why do you have to add beautiful?” Sunmi said and I laughed as I nodded.

“Yeah. Beautiful? Well, he is. But attitude… hopeless.” I said while I shook my head.

“What do you think Kikwang will do to her? You know that guy just don’t let anyone pass if he’s mad at that person.” Eunmi said and I nodded and began thinking.

“Oh. She’s there!” Sunmi cheerfully said. We stood up from the stair we were sitting on then approached her.

“Hey. You were late today.” Eunmi said.

“I’m not. It’s still twenty minutes before time.” Eunjae said as she stuck her tongue out.

“Ok, ok. Then you’re not early like you are usually.” Eunmi said as she rolled her eyes.

“Yah. I’m just kidding.” Eunjae said as she laughed and Eunmi broke to a smile then nodded.

“So, how are you? Do you still have fever?” I asked.

“If you have, you shouldn’t have gone to school today already.” Sunmi said concerned.

“Ani. I’m alright. Don’t worry about me. Erm… Wait. I’ll just put this in the room.” She said and we nodded. She walked to her classroom. We just stood by the staircase and waited for her until we heard loud laughs. What’s that? As we turned to where we heard the loud laughs, our eye widened.

“Eunjae!” We shouted as we looked at each other then ran to her. She is so soaked with… slime?

“Eunjae, what happened?” I asked while she just has her head low.

“Who the heck did this?” Eunmi asked as she looked at the green slime over Eunjae.

“That’s what you deserve after what you did to oppa!” One of the girls hissed. We looked up to her then glared but we’re it won’t bother them even a bit.

“Eunjae, you should change. Your fever might come back if you won’t.” Sunmi said and I and Eunmi nodded in agreement. I got her bag and avoided, though I’m sure that I can’t, to touch the slime.

“I’m sure Kikwang’s behind this.” Eunjae said.

“Do you want us to tell it to the principal?” Eunmi asked.

“We will if you’ll just say yes.” Sunmi said. I’m sure she won’t say yes. She shook her head.

“No. Don’t. Do you think he’ll stop when we tell it to the principal or even to his parents?” She said turning to each one of us. We shook our heads. “We know him and what their group are capable of. They could bribe anyone.” Eunjae said.

“But, Doojoon, he’s your friend before. Don’t you think he’ll side you, even just this once?” Sunmi said and Eunjae shook her head.

“No. He will never do that. If he would, he should’ve done it yesterday when Kikwang shouted at me.” Eunjae said and I could see, even if her face has some slime, that she’s about to cry. I just patted her back though I know I’ll get some slime on my hands. I don’t care. My friend needs me now.

“I hate that guy. Just because he got the fame now in our school or even outside this school, he has been a stuck-up. Aish.” Eunmi said and Eunjae just kept quiet.

“Let’s not judge him. Maybe there’s just something that stops him.” I said and Eunmi pouted.

Just then the group of Doojoon passed by us and stopped as they saw us. Kikwang smirked. But my attention was immediately turned to Junhyung, and right after I turned my attention to him, he turned to me and smiled a really small one and I just felt my cheeks heat up. I looked away.

“Let’s go.” I whispered to them and we continued our way to the locker room which is at the corridor to the right.

As we got there, Eunjae entered her lock number for it to open, and as it opened, a paper fell. Sunmi picked it up because she’s the nearest.

“What’s this?” Sunmi said looking at the paper. Eunmi got it and unfolded it. Her eyes widened but you could see that she’s full of anger. Eunjae looked at it and read what’s written. There’s no change in her expression and she just turned to her locker and got her spare clothes. I read what’s written on the paper with Sunmi, and I turned to Eunjae after reading it.

“What do you think will be next?” Sunmi asked worried.

“I’m sure it’s just something like this but upgraded.” Eunjae said as she locked her locker then turn to us. We looked at her worried.

“If only, if just only, I’m not afraid of any fights or them…”

“You’ll not think twice of punching his BEAUTIFUL face.” We continued for her except for Eunjae. We heard Eunjae release a short chuckle.

“I need to change already before it’s time or else all of us we’ll be late.” She said and we nodded and smiled.