Mr. Know Best | Reconciling Moves | Typical Childhood Story

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Please listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eL3lKPVq-0 I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better by G.NA feat. Yong Junhyung

Junhyung’s POV

“Why did you suddenly comeback? I thought I’m going to celebrate Christmas alone again, but it is if you won’t go back again to work tomorrow or the day after that.” I said with a smirk.

“Of course not. I’m staying here until New Year.” He said. I just nodded. “How’s life doing?” He asked.

“Good as always.” I replied but obviously, it’s not how things are the past few days.

“Really? Still hanging out in clubs or bars with girls?” He asked.

“What else?” I said with a playful smirk, but the truth is I never went to a bar for a real long time except the time with the guys and the girls.

“Saying the truth?” He said looking at me.

“Of course.” I said. Was it obviously a lie?

“Really ha?” He said and I just nodded.

“Let’s not talk about me. You, how are you doing?” I asked to divert the topic to him.

“Nothing new. I don’t have much time to hang-out, and you should know that.” He said.

“Ah, right.” I said. “Didn’t even have a girlfriend? I think that’s impossible.” I said. He shook his head.

“Like what I said, I’m busy for that. Maybe I did have but I only got two girlfriends there.” He replied.

“Really? Maybe you mean 12 or 20?” I laughed.

“I’m not a playboy, ok?” He defensively said.

“I’m just joking. You’re being so defensive.” I laughed.

“Maybe you’re the one who got that number of girls.” He smirked.

“What’d you think?” I asked.

“Uhm… No?” He said and I just laughed.

“If that’s what you think.” I said.

“But really, how many girls did you have already?” He said and I just shook my head while wearing a mischievous smile. “I guess you have one girl in your life now that you like, ha ha?” He said nudging me.

“Who?” I asked pretending I really don’t have someone I like.

“Psshh. Still denying. I know and I’m sure you have a girl you like now because I heard your grades went up in your recent exams just showing that you’re inspired.” He said and I looked at him in surprise.

“How did you know about that?” I asked.

“Of course I would know. I’m your brother, right?” He said.

“But it’s because father and mother hired a tutor.” I said.

“But if you really don’t like the tutor, you won’t pay attention, and I’m again sure of that.” He said. “Just admit you finally decided to stick with one girl.” He said. I need to say something because I’m sure he would think he’s correct.

“I don’t really have someone I like.” I said.

“I don’t believe you. I want to meet that girl. Is she pretty and nice?” He asked with a wide grin while wiggling his eyebrows. I pushed him away as he put his face near me.

“You won’t meet her because I don’t have any.” I said.

“Liar. I’ll meet that girl, I’ll make sure. Maybe I’ll like her more than the girl you liked before, and approve of her.” He said and I just smirked.

“Why? If you don’t like that girl, I can’t be with that girl?” I said with an eyebrow raised.

“Of course. I know best.” He said.

“Know best? You did just have two girlfriends.” I said with a smirk.

“Because with those two girls, I knew what kind of girl is the best for you and who will really love you.” He said. “And believe me in that. I haven’t able to be with you all my life because of focusing too much in work, so even just in picking a girl, I would be able to help you.” He said and I playfully punched him on the shoulder as I stood up.

“Alright Mr. Know Best hyung. I’m gonna be in my room. I’m tired from the trip I went to.” I said and patted him on the shoulder as I passed by him. Without even letting hyung see, I’m sure she’s the right girl for me, and I know he will really like her but I don’t know if that time will come because until now, she’s not talking to me nor I’m doing something for her to speak to me.

_ _ _ _ _

Kimin’s POV

“So how’s your date yesterday? Was that guy handsome?” She asked.

“Why suddenly got interested if that guy is handsome? Didn’t you like Junhyung for me?” I said with an eyebrow raised.

“I know already what happened. Jino told me. I thought he was a great man and he’s not just pretending he really like you. But you know. I think he really liked you. Aish. Let’s just forget about it. And yah. You’re obviously changing the topic. You like that guy already ha? You can easily switch crushes ha.” She said with a mischievous smile.

“He’s handsome.” I said as I ate break fast.

“How about nice?” She asked.

“He is nice.” I said.

“Then I like him.” Kihyun suddenly butted in.

“Yah, who told you to in?” I said.

“Just wanna say I like him, noona.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Ok. Fine.” I said.

“When can we meet him?” Ri Rin noona asked.

“Meet him?” I said.

“Yeah. Why? Aren’t you two going to meet again?” She asked.

“Uhm… What do you think?” I asked.

“You two will meet again because we still need to meet him. Jino won’t tell us who the guy is.” She said with a pout.

“Ok. If you say so…” I said with a smirk.

“So how’s the date yesterday?” Someone said entering the dining room. It was no other than Jino.

“Tch. It was…not FUN.” I said and he just laughed.

“Who are you kidding? It’s impossible that you didn’t have fun except if you’re still… You know what I mean.” He said as he took a seat. I just smirked.

“Have you eaten yet?” I asked.

“Nope.” He said. I asked a maid to give him a plate.

“Ok. Mind telling us who that guy is?” Ri Rin asked.

“No.” Jino and I said. She pouted.

“If you want to meet that guy, it’ll depend on Kimin if she will allow that guy to meet her again.” Jino said looking at me.

“I’ll think about it.” I said with a grin.

“Do you really to think about it?” Jino said.

“Of course.” I said.

“Excuse me. Don’t forget we’re also eating here.” Ri Rin unnie said. Jino and I just laughed.

_ _ _ _ _

Yoseob’s POV

“So how’s it going?” I asked and they all shook their heads with a disappointed expression.

“We did everything. We even stayed out of their houses and the result is getting a cold.” Kikwang said sighing.

“Junhyung hyung, have you talked to—“ He immediately shook his head.

“What? You’re still not talking to her?” Kikwang said.

“I can’t see a reason for me to talk to her.” He said and I felt anger in me but I didn’t allow it to take over me.

“Don’t everything we say a reason?” Doojoon hyung said. “You’re again saying stupid things.” Doojoon hyung said.

“It’s all up to you guys of what you want to think. I’m not talking to her because I don’t want to force someone who doesn’t want to talk to me.” He said.

“You didn’t even try to approach her or just even call or text her?” Hyunseung hyung said. Junhyung hyung nodded.

“If you don’t care for your relationship with Kimin, then even for our relationship with the girls please care.” Dongwoon said.

“What do I have to do with your relationship with the girls? If the girls want to really forgive you, they should’ve talked to you and forgiven you guys when they saw you staying out all day in the cold.” Junhyung hyung said. I want to not believe what I’m hearing from hyung but I think I just need to believe because I’m already hearing it from him.

“Stop saying nonsense! Don’t you even think that you’re the one who ruined our relationship with the girls?” Kikwang said in anger grabbing Junhyung by the collar. Junhyung just looked at him.

“I thought you don’t like them? You even had fun watching them getting hurt, especially Eunjae, remember?” Junhyung hyung said and I just bit my lower lip trying to think of something to do. Kikwang took a deep breathe before letting go of Junhyung hyung.

“But at least, I’m not trying to convince myself that I don’t care.” Kikwang said and I could see Junhyung hyung was hit by it.

“Are you really just trying to convince yourself that you don’t care because you don’t want to get hurt or is it because you really don’t care?” Doojoon hyung said. “Tell us the truth.” Doojoon hyung sternly said.

“The truth? It’s because I really don’t care.” Junhyung hyung said. I turned to Doojoon hyung and he was just trying to stop himself from creating a fight. Kikwang suddenly punched Junhyung and made Junhyung hyung’s lips bleed. Hyunseung hyung already held Junhyung hyung in case Junhyung would punch back, while Dongwoon held Kikwang back.

“Let go of me Dongwoon. He deserves it, and also so he’ll wake up and realize what he’s saying!” Kikwang angrily said as he tried to get out of Dongwoon’s grip.

“Stop it already hyung.” Dongwoon said. “Maybe he does really deserve it but don’t you think it’s not the right thing to do so he’ll realize what he’s saying?” Dongwoon said.

“But don’t you guys really think none of us in particular is to blame? That everyone for the first place agreed to the bet?” I said and they all looked at me. Dongwoon let go of Kikwang as well as Hyunseung hyung who let go Junhyung hyung. “We all agreed to the risks we would take after agreeing to the bet. Maybe we didn’t know our relationship will get into the point that it is hard to tell them about the bet or even to stop the bet because we were afraid to tell each other or to accept to ourselves that we learned to love them. Let’s say we stopped the bet to ourselves but still even if we stopped it, we can’t erase the fact that we made a bet about them. If we’re just going to blame each other then nothing would happen, but if we think of a way for them to forgive us…you know, at least we know we did something, right? I know I shouldn’t be this concerned because I really don’t have someone I ‘like’ more than a friend, but like you, they’re also important to me.” I stopped and they just looked at me. “Ok… So?” I said with an eyebrow raised.

“I agree with Yoseob.” Doojoon hyung said with a smile as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

“I’ll support you, bro.” Hyunseung hyung said smiling.

“Never thought of that.” Dongwoon said laughing.

“Junhyung, Kikwang…” Doojoon hyung said. The two looked at each other for a while before Ki Kwang turned away.

“Sorry for saying that things to you. I was just carried away by my emotions.” Kikwang said.

“It’s ok. Just forget about it. Sorry also if I hurt your feelings.” Junhyung hyung said. The two of them exchanged smiles and so as us.

“Ok. Let’s stop the drama. Let’s plan already our reconciling moves.” Doojoon said as he patted me at the back then ruffled my hair. I was just able to release a smile.

_ _ _ _ _

Kevin’s POV

I was in my room using my laptop when my phone rang. I grabbed it from my bed side table and looked whose message was it from. I immediately opened it after I knew it was from Kimin.

From: Kimin

Hey. Sorry if I disturbed you, but are you free tomorrow? Could you come with me?

A smile formed on my lips, and without hesitation I accepted her invitation.

To: Kimin

Yeah. Sure. What time and where we’ll we meet?

In a minute my phone rang again.

From: Kimin

Is it ok if we’ll meet at nine in the morning at the mall?

Isn’t that too early? Uhm…

To: Kimin

Ok. But what are you going to do at the mall that early?

I again received a reply from her.

From: Kimin

I’ll tell you tomorrow. Thanks. I’m going to sleep now. Good night!

I looked at the watch and it was already ten in the evening. Ten is too early to sleep, well, for me it is.

To: Kimin

Araso. See you. Good night and sweet dreams.

After that, I didn’t receive any reply already. Maybe she already slept. I just shrugged and put my phone back on the bed side table and looked at the picture frame on the bed side table also. I smiled upon looking at it. It was a picture taken nine years ago as what I can remember with Kimin when we were still kids. It made me reminisce our childhood days, and it makes me smile more.

Flash Back

I was eight years old and she was seven years old then. I sat quietly beside my parents at a house new to me. My parents were talking with two adults, when a girl entered the living room, and it was Kimin. When I first saw her, I can’t explain what I felt but I know I want to have her as my friend.

“Oh. Is this Kimin? She grew to be a beautiful girl.” My mom said with a smile. Kimin walked shyly beside her parents.

“What will you say?” Her mom said to Kimin and Kimin shyly spoke.

“Annyeong haseyo. Lee Ki Minhee imnida.” Kimin said with her little voice as she bowed.

“Aw… So cute.” My mom said.

“Where is she studying?” My dad asked.

“Dongmin Academy.” Kimin’s dad replied.

“I see. My son’s going there also, soon.” My dad said with a smile.

“How would that be nice. Kimin, why won’t you play with him?” Kimin’s mom said. Kimin looked at me before slowly nodding.

“This is our son, Jiyeob. He’s older than you by a year so he’s your oppa.” My mom said.

“Nice meeting you Jiyeob oppa.” Kimin bowed to me and I bowed to her as well.

“It’s nice to meet you too Kimin-ssi.” I said and our parents were just smiling at us.

“Why don’t you two play at the entertainment room?” Kimin’s dad said and Kimin nodded.

“Will that be ok, Jiyeob?” Kimin’s mom said and I nodded.

“Let’s go.” Kimin said smiling walking ahead of me. I followed her to the entertainment room.

Their entertainment room was quite big but it was mostly full of electronic devices and gadgets, like Playstation and a large flat screen TV. It was also like a movie room because there are plenty DVDs. I silently walked inside with her. We were both quiet feeling awkward with each other since it’s only our first time meeting.

“So what are we going to play?” I said.

“Uhm… What do you want?” She asked. I looked at the rack of Play Station CDs and took Tekken, my favorite game.

“How about this?” I said.

“Is that your favorite game?” Kimin said with a smile. I nodded. “I also like playing that.” She said smiling.

“Really?” I said and she nodded.

She got the CD case from me and got the CD out and placed it inside the Play Station. We both got controllers and played it several times before we got tired and played a board game, until my parents called for me already to go home.

“See you next time! I enjoyed playing with you.” I said smiling and she nodded. Maybe it’s because we were both only child that time that we enjoyed playing with each other.

“I enjoyed playing with you too.” She said.

“Aigoo. This kids… Ok. We’ll be going now Kimin. How about we pay a visit here again or maybe you can go to our house some time?” My mom said and I was again energized.

“Really omma?” I asked my mom looking at her and she nodded.

“Could I go to their house omma?” Kimin asked as she looked at her mother.

“Of course dear. Next time we’ll go there so you could play with him again.” Kimin’s mom said with a smile.

“Ok. We’ll be leaving already. See you next time again.” My dad said before we left.

End of Flash Back

It was how our first meeting went. I know it was just a typical childhood story but that’s how our first meeting go. After that meeting it was followed again with another meeting and another until we got closer to each other. Sometimes I think that what if I didn’t leave her, our relationship might have grew to something more.

_ _ _ _ _

So here's a flashback of Kimin's and Kevin's (Jiyeob) first meeting. I'll put up a few more flashbacks in the next few chapters.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!