Friends Once Again

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Eunjae’s POV

I wasn’t that surprise when Kimin, Eunmi, and Sunmi went in my hospital room. Taeyeon unnie informed me before she left because she still have a schedule and promised me that one of our maid will be coming to assist me in exchange for her but the maid isn’t still coming. Anyway, my best friends are here already so it’s ok.

“Eunjae-ah!” They said as they hugged me.

“Yah. I… can’t… breathe… Let… go…” I said as I tried to push them so I could get some air.

“Oops. Sorry.” They said as they let go.

“It’s ok.” I said. Just then it went silent. Ok. What’s wrong? “Are you guys ok? If you are worrying about me, I’m already fine. Since tomorrow is already a weekend meaning there’s no school, I could just rest and recover from this fever. Also, I only have one day absent.” I said as I smiled but they just smiled a small one. “Yah. Is something wrong?” I asked getting worried already.

“Erm… We couldn’t tell you.” Eunmi said.

“Tell me what?” I asked but they just shook their heads. “Oh com’on. Tell me.” I said. Just then, the door opened and our attention turned to the door. My eyes widened in shock but somehow felt happy. It’s Doojoon. He came to visit me.

“H…Hey.” He said as he closed the door after he went in.

“Hey.” I said as I smiled.

“I…I heard you were here so I decided to visit.” He said as he awkwardly stood in front of me. I noticed Kimin, Eunmi, and Sunmi giving signal to each other.

“Oh. We’re hungry! We’ll be back! We’ll buy foods for us!” Kimin said as the three of them went out the room quickly before I could even stop them. As the three had left, it was quite awkward and quiet.

“So…” We both began.

“Go first.” He said and I nodded.

“So… How are you doing? It’s been a long time already.” I said.

“I’m…doing fine.” He said as he smiled but I expected him to say no because he missed my company. Maybe he just got fond with his new friends.

“Oh… Good.” I said. “So what are you going to say?” I asked curious.

“That… Sorry I wasn’t able to stand up for you for the days Kikwang asked you to be bullied.” Doojoon said as he looked down.

“It’s alright. I understand.” I said as I smiled. He just smiled back and it was quiet again. It was really awkward. Maybe because it had been a really long time since we last talked. Yeah. Maybe it is it.

Doojoon’s POV

I really wanted to say that I missed her but I didn’t have the courage to tell her. Yeah. I’m being a stuck-up. Sheesh. 

“Oh… Good.” She said. “So what are you going to say?” She asked.

“That… Sorry I wasn’t able to stand up for you for the days Kikwang asked you to be bullied.” I said looking down. I don’t know how to look straight into her eyes. I know my sorry wouldn’t heal her wounds or what so ever. I just wanted to say sorry for my frustration for not standing for her go down even just a bit.   

“It’s alright. I understand.” She said as she smiled. “No need to worry. It didn’t harm me that much anyway.” She added smiling again.

“Didn’t harm much? Eunjae, you are already sent to the hospital yet you say you’re not hurt that much?” I said. I don’t even know why I said it. Maybe because I just can’t stop myself from getting concerned? I really don’t know. It’s so complicated right now, our relationship. It wasn’t like before where we could just talk to each other freely or when we could care for each other without anybody thinking anything suspicious or anything. *sigh*

“It’s alright. Promise. It’s enough of you going here to visit me and say sorry. It’s enough, really.” She said as she smiled. I don’t know what to say next but to sigh. She hadn’t change since we were still the best of friends and I’m glad she didn’t.

Kimin’s POV

After we got out the room and closed the door, we giggled to ourselves.

“I think our decision of leaving them alone is great, right?” I said and they nodded.

“With it, they could talk to each other without feeling uncomfortable.” Sunmi said.

“Yeah, but as if they would do something not appropriate or talk about anything not pleasant, right?” I said and they nodded.

“So, what are we going to do now?” Eunmi asked as we started to walk.

“Erm… Let’s buy food. I was not really joking when I told I’m hungry.” I said as I laughed. They also laughed.

“Araso. Let’s go.” Eunmi said and we walked to a restaurant which is just a few blocks away from the hospital.

As we reached the restaurant, we talked about what we should order for us and for the two. We ended up agreeing on buying the same food for Eunjae and Doojoon thinking maybe because they had been best friends, they have the same tastes on foods. Anyway, we already ordered and waited at a table for our order. In a few minutes, a waiter came back and handed us plastics of food. We thanked him then left. It took us about twenty minutes in total to go to the restaurant, buy foods, and go back to the hospital. It’s just that, in our dismay, Doojoon wasn’t there already. Great.

“Where’s Doojoon?” I asked placing the foods on the table.

“He just left a few minutes ago.” Eunjae said.

“Ohh… We bought him food. Oh well. Let’s just it eat.” Eunmi grinned. We laughed at her and started setting up the table and eat while chatting.

Doojoon’s POV

“Are you sure you’ll be fine here alone?” I asked for Dongwoon just called and told me about Eunjae but he’s too late because I’m already with Eunjae. But, why did he have to disturb me? I’m already having fun chatting with Eunjae because we weren’t that awkward already. Sheesh…

“Yeah. Go to them already. Maybe they need you right now.” Eunjae said smiling.

“You sure? It’s really not important.” I said but she shook her head.

“No. I know you’re also feeling awkward being with me. Don’t worry about me.” She said as she smiled.

“Ok. I’ll visit you again to tomorrow. I promise. Anyway, friends again, right?” I said and she nodded. I smiled and left, looking back to her and smile before going out the room and closing the door. Now, I’ll be dealing my argument with Kikwang. Kikwang you just hurt my friend and I’m not just letting this go.

_ _ _ _ _

I'll try to update again late. ^_^