Best Friends, Love, Heartaches, Heartbreaks

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Doojoon’s POV

As I saw her when we passed by, I felt my heart ache. I know I still care for her like when we were friends, best friends. I know I should’ve stopped Kikwang before he had made any plans. Even though he hadn’t mentioned anything to me about this, I know he would do something. But I was just being some stuck-up and prideful jerk and didn’t stand up for her. I could see that her friends are mad yet worried and concerned about her. I don’t know what to say nor do but to just leave right after they walked off.

“Kikwang, is it all your doings?” Yosoeb asked.

“What if it is?” Kikwang said with a smirk.

“You shouldn’t have done such thing, Kikwang.” I finally said that stopped them from walking and so did I.

“Don’t tell me you’re siding with her, hyung.” Kikwang said.

“I’m not. It’s just that it’s not right.” I said.

“But why with others, you seem not to care even a bit?” Kikwang said and I know he’s trying to get me off guard.

“It’s just that… that times, I’m not in mood. Did you even do something like this to others, did you?” I said.

“Yes, I did hyung.” Kikwang said.

“But it was not like this.” I said.

“It was hyung. It was. Just admit that you still care for her, that you miss her company, that—“

“Stop it.” Junhyung said interrupting Kikwang.

“Let’s proceed to our classes before this argument gets worst to a fight.” Hyunseung said and I just walked off leaving them behind. I’m glad Junhyung stopped us or else, I might not take what Kikwang is telling and burst. I walked to my class and waited for five minutes before the class finally started.

Junhyung’s POV

As the tension was already heating up, I decided to stop them before they start throwing punches to each other. As we all went to our classes, I met Kimin who was obviously on her way to class. I want to avoid her, but how? If I act like I don’t know her, my plan might be blown off. I’ve already gone far enough, did I? Aish. Whatever. Since no one’s around, maybe I could even greet her.

“Hey.” I said.

“Hey.” She said as she smiled.

“So… How’s your friend?” I asked.

“She’s fine. I guess.” She said and I just nodded.

“I’m going to my class already. Just see you around?” I said and she nodded and we walked off to our classes.

A day after…

Kimin’s POV

During recess time, in front of hundreds of students at the cafeteria, unlike the few students in Eunjae’s classroom the day before, when we were walking to our usual table, when we passed by the table of the ‘fanclub’ of the six boys, one of the girls, tripped Eunjae that made the tray of food on her hands fall off her grip and she let her one knee support her whole body when she fell. Right after, a cup of juice was intentionally spilled on the table so that it will go straight to Eunjae when it falls. Eunmi, Sunmi, and I were surprised that we didn’t know first what to do because we’re sure and I know the students who saw the incident knew that it was painful and embarrassing, yet they just laughed. We helped Eunjae up but she hardly could stand up, and I saw a tear fall from her eyes.

“You deserve it, ****h.” One of the girls sitting around the table said. Eunmi was about to punch the girl when Eunjae held her back.

“But…” Eunmi said but was quickly interrupted by Eunjae shaking her head meaning no.

“Let’s just bring her to the clinic.” I said and they nodded. Sunmi kindly asked one of the maintenance to clean the mess and followed us to the clinic.

“This is too much.” Eunmi said pouting while Eunjae sat on a chair waiting for the nurse to come back with the treatments.

“I think they’ve crossed the line. First, they spilled slime on you then now they tripped you then spilled juice on you, well not directly, but still, and made you break a bone.” Sunmi said.

“We’re still not sure if I really did break a bone, Sunmi.” Eunjae said as she giggled.

“Girl, you could still giggle with your condition? You are obviously hurt.” I said really worried. She just smiled.

“If only you didn’t stop me, I will punch that girl.” Eunmi angrily said. Just then, the nurse came back. She checked on Eunjae and we could see how Eunjae was hurting while she was been checked.

“I think you should go to the hospital for an x-ray, and also, you have a slight fever. You need to be checked up.” The nurse said.

“But classes are not over yet.” Eunjae said.

“But you need to. Don’t worry about it. You’ll be excused.” The nurse said. Just then the bell rang signalling the end of the break. “Girls, you should go back to your rooms. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of your friend.” The nurse assured. We nodded.

“Are you ok if we go to our classes now?” Sunmi asked and Eunjae nodded with a smile.

“Yup. I’ll contact you as soon as classes ended. Don’t worry about me. Just focus on your classes.” Eunjae said and we smiled. We walked out the clinic then walked to our class.

Junhyung’s POV

We have our attention on Eunjae and her group except for Doojoon who just kept on eating.

“I’m sure this will be fun.” Kikwang whispered with a smirk.

“What is it now?” Dongwoon asked.

“You’ll see.” Kikwang said with a grin.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop?” Doojoon hyung suddenly said making us turn to him.

“If you just admitted yesterday, maybe I would’ve thought twice.” Kikwang said and I could see Doojoon hyung’s eyes flaring with anger. I felt from the soft sofa we were sitting that he was stopping himself by clenching his fist and putting all the force that he wanted to throw Kikwang to the sofa. Just then, we heard laughs and our attentions were diverted to the direction of Eunjae and her friends. Eunjae could be seen kneeling on the floor with one knee and her tray of food spilled on the floor and a girl from the table intentionally spilling her drinks on the table so it would fall to Eunjae from our place. Doojoon hyung already stood up but immediately stopped by Hyunseung.

“Do you want her to get beaten up more?” He said and Doojoon turned to him and finally sat back. I saw Kikwang smirk from the corner of my eye and when I turned to Eunjae once again, I saw Kimin and Eunmi helping Eunjae up, but could hardly stand up, while Sunmi went to ask one from the maintenance to clean the mess then quickly followed Kimin, Eunmi, and Eunjae to the clinic where they obviously went. When’s this gonna stop? I don’t know but I also feel hurt, not just because I could see someone hurting but because… No! No! No! Stop it Junhyung. You really, really, really can’t fall for her. Always put in mind your plan. Aish.

The following days…

Kimin’s POV

A day after the cafeteria incident, Eunjae was attacked with tomatoes and eggs. I also wonder how they didn’t feel any concern since she have bandage around her right knee that was sprained and was limping while walking. I was really almost full of what they’re doing that time.  If only Eunjae doesn’t stop us every time we are about to punch the students throwing tomatoes and eggs on her. We blocked Eunjae and helped her get out from the circle of students throwing tomatoes and eggs on her. Seriously, her fever hadn’t gone away. But I don’t know why she still goes to school even she has fever. After that, we received some scratches but she received the most because even though we blocked the tomatoes and eggs, the students still had found a way to throw it directly to her.

The day after that, she was attacked with water balloons. Cleaner but worst. The weather that time was freezing and they did it at the field so it was really windy. I could see that Eunjae was crying already as she was thrown water balloons but yet again, we blocked it so we also got wet but it doesn’t matter. I even wonder if teachers get know about this whole thing because they don’t do anything about it.

The next day Eunjae didn’t attend school already that made us both happy and worried. Happy because finally she decided to take a break from school since her fever hasn’t left starting from the day before she bumped into Kikwang. But worried because her fever might be worst that’s why she didn’t attend school today. From all that had happened for the past four days, I won’t think twice if her fever will not get worst.

During lunch break that day, we decided to give Eunjae a call. We were at the bleachers around the field that time. I placed it on a loud speaker so that the three of us would hear it. The ringtone was Hello by SHINee. We laughed as we heard it. We are really best friends. We all love Kpop. Plus, she’s the sister of one famous singer. It’s just that it’s not obvious. Ahaha. Finally, after some seconds of waiting, she…someone answered the phone.

“Yoboseyo? Who’s this?” I asked. The voice was really, really familiar.

“This Taeyeon.” Omo. Taeyeon unnie.

“Oh. Unnie, this is Kimin.” I said surprised that it was Taeyeon unnie. Actually, she’s the famous singer I was referring too.

“Oh. Kimin, hi.” She said.

“Could I talk to Eunjae?” I said and I heard her sigh.

“Actually, Eunjae’s not well now. We’re at a hospital now.” Taeyeon said and our eyes widened. This is what I’m afraid of, what we’re afraid of, for her fever to get worst. We asked Taeyeon unnie what hospital they are in now and promised to visit there right after classes. Eunjae, please get well soon.

Doojoon’s POV

During dismissal time, as I walked to the parking lot, I heard some students talking about Eunjae. I decided to listen to their discussion but regretted after. I grabbed one of them by the shoulder and asked them what hospital she is in but didn’t know where. Aish. Luckily, I saw Kimin, Eunmi, and Sunmi going in Sunmi’s car. I immediately ran to them and stopped them.

“Wait… Tell me… What hospital is she in?” I asked while panting. Eunmi and Sunmi just looked at me.

“She’s in Seoul Medical Center. If you want, we could just go together. We know you’re also worried as we are.” Kimin said and I smiled. Kimin turned to Eunmi and Sunmi and nodded her head and Eunmi pouted but nodded as she went in the car while Sunmi just smiled a small one.

“Thanks.” I said and got in Sunmi’s car with them. The driver of Sunmi drove us to the hospital and as soon as we arrived, we asked for Eunjae’s room number and hurriedly went there. Kimin, Eunmi, and Sunmi went in but I hesitated. I just stayed outside the room and asked Kimin, Eunmi, and Sunmi if they could not first tell Eunjae that I was there. I just stood in front of the door and thought. Should I face her? What if she’s mad at me? Should I really be here now? Finally, I decided to enter and their attention turned to me.