Best Birthday Ever

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Eunmi’s POV

“Who are we meeting?” I asked as we walked in a 5 Star hotel.

“You probably know them but maybe you don’t remember them already, but I’m sure you see him in school.” My mom replied as she smiled.

“Wha-What?” I asked surprised. I see him in school? Wait. Did I just hear right? Him?

“Just wait. You’ll see them soon.” My mom said as we waited to get off to the floor we are going to. We got off the fifth floor then walked to the restaurant which is beside a big veranda with a small garden. As we got in, I just stayed with my mom as she looked around, maybe looking for the person we’re gonna meet. In curiousness, I also looked around.

“Where are they?” I asked as I searched with in my eyes.

“Oh, there they are!” My mom said with excitement. I turned to where she was heading and who I saw made my eyes wide. Don’t tell me…

_ _ _ _ _

Please listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdTVb64pfMsBalloons by TVXQ

Kimin’s POV

“Happy Birthday!” Ri Rin and my brother greeted as I got to the dining room early in the morning.

“Happy birthday dear.” My parents greeted and I smiled.

“Thanks.” I said with a smile as I sat beside my cousin.

“So what do you plan for your birthday?” My parents asked.

“Just like what I said before, I just want to hang-out with my friends this morning and at evening, a simple dinner with you guys would be great.” I said with a smile. If I hosted a party, it’s as if many would come except for some family friends, my best friends, and family relatives.

“How about shopping later?” My cousin said then grinned.

“We just shopped yesterday, and it was a lot.” I said then we all laughed beside Ri Rin who pouted but later on laughed.

“Let’s play later, noona.” Kihyun said and I thought. Sheet. I almost forgot about the tutoring session later.

“Erm… I…can’t. I have something to do later.” I said and he pouted.

“What is it?” My dad asked. Ok. How would I say it to them?

“Uh… Actually, I tutor a schoolmate of mine.” I said and my cousin, Ri Rin, who knows I’m tutoring Junhyung coughed.

“Sorry.” She said as she grinned.

“Who?” My mom asked.

“Erm… Just…someone.” I said.

“Why won’t you say it?” My dad said. I was silenced by it. “Do you know who it is, Ri Rin?” My dad asked and I looked at Ri Rin and she as well looked me.

“Ahh… She’s…” I interrupted my cousin.

“I’m tutoring Junhyung.” I said then looked down.

“Ah…” My parents said which I didn’t expect from them. I thought they would scold me and call the principal telling why they let a girl tutor a guy who is both in their teenage years. This is really weird.

“Oookkkk… You aren’t mad?” I said and they shook their heads. “Oh… Alright.” I said as I ate. I turned to my brother and he was pouting. Ok. He really doesn’t like Junhyung.

“Aren’t you given a leave today since it’s your birthday?” My dad jokingly said.

“Eh? Of course not.” I said as I chuckled. Better of like this though it felt weird that they didn’t get mad knowing I’m tutoring Junhyung.

After eating, me, Ri Rin, and my brother swam in our pool while my parents watched over us. Well, my parents cleared their schedule today for me. Ahaha! As we swam, our butler came with a paper bag in his hand.

“Kimin, it’s for you.” My mom said after our butler left.

“For me? From whom did it come from?” I asked as I walked out the pool.

“There’s no name.” My dad said.

“Uhm…” I said. Our maid handed me a towel and I walked to the table where my parents are. I dried my hands from the water before getting the paper bag.

“What’s it, noona?” My brother said as he stood beside me. I shrugged.

“Open it!” Ri Rin said as she stood at my other side. I opened it.

“OMO! A blue teddy bear! How cute!” She said. I got the blue teddy bear out and looked inside the paper bag if there is anything that would let me know from who it came from. There, I found an envelope. I got it then opened it. I got the card inside then read what’s written.

To: Kimin

Happy Birthday! I know by now that you’re wondering from whom this came from. Well, I can’t reveal my identity yet. You’ll know soon. I just want to say that I miss you and I’m excited to see you again. Saeng-il chukhahae!

P.S. The necklace worn by the teddy bear is for you. It is not from me but from someone you know. ^_^

“Ohh… From whom do you think this came from?” My mom asked. I shrugged.

“Noona has an admirer!” My brother sang.

“Tch. Let’s just go swim again.” I said as I placed the card inside the envelope again then placed the envelope and the teddy bear inside the paper bag. I then placed my towel on the chair then walked back to the pool. I wonder who it came from.

At eleven, we already took a bath. At twelve, we ate lunch together again, and at twelve-thirty, I got ready for my tutoring session later. I left the house at twelve-forty. Gosh. I’m sure I’ll be late again today.

_ _ _ _ _

Doojoon’s POV

Boring… What can I do in a Sunday afternoon? Oh. I wish Eunjae’s available today. I called Eunjae and waited for her to answer. Whoa… Super Junior’s Bonamana. Ahaha.

“Yoboseyo?” She answered.

“Hey. Nice ringtone.” I said as I chuckled.

“Why? What’s with my ringtone?” She said.

“Nothing. Such a big fan eh?” I said.

“Yup.” She answered.

“Why is it noisy?” I asked.

“Ah. We’re shopping.” She said. “How about balloons?” I heard her say.

“Balloons? What’s with balloons?” I asked.

“It’s Kimin’s birthday today and we’re buying some decorations for the surprise birthday party we prepared for her.” She said.

“Oh… I see… Then, I can’t hang-out with you today.” I said.

“Why? Did you call for that?” She asked.

“Yup.” I replied.

“Oh… Sorry. I’ll just make it up to you next time.” She said.

“Araso. Anyway, aren’t I invited?” I said.

“Invited? Uhm… Wait.” She said. I can hear her speaking but I can’t understand what she was saying because she probably covered the phone. “Sure. But could you come at around two? We need help in preparing, if it’s alright.” I looked at the clock. It’s already one in the afternoon.

“Sure. Where?” I asked and she told me the place. “Alright. I’ll be there at exactly two.” I said.

“Really? Komawoyo!” She said in a cheerful voice.

“It’s nothing. So, I’ll just see you later?” I said.

“Yup.” She said.

“Ok. See ya. Bye.” I said.

“Ok. Bye.” She said and we both ended the call. I wonder if Junhyung knows it.

_ _ _ _ _

Junhyung’s POV

Ok. It’s already one o’clock in the afternoon. Where is she? Did something happen? Aish. Why am I worrying about her so much? I was pacing back and forth at our living room hoping to hear the doorbell ring and it’ll be Kimin already. Just then, my phone rang.

“Kimin—Oh, Doojoon hyung, what’s up?” I said.

“Kimin? When did I ever sound like Kimin?” He said then laughed.

“Whatever. I was waiting for her because she’s supposed to be here at one and she hasn’t contacted me. I thought it was her who called.” I said.

“Oh… I see… Anyway, speaking of Kimin, do you know that it’s her birthday today?” Doojoon said. Bwoh? It’s her birthday?

“Ah… Then?” I said as if I don’t care.

“Tch. I know that now you are thinking what gift to give her.” He said and without a reason, I felt my cheeks turn warm.

“Why would I?” I said as I sat on the couch.

“Geez… Just say you like her.” He said.

“Why would I like a girl like her?” I said.

“Yeah, right. If you say so…” He said.

“Whatever. Why did you really call?” I asked.

“Oh, right. You have a tutoring session with Kimin today, right?” He said.

“Yeah. Why?” I asked.

“Could you bring her to the Noraebang?” He said.

“Why would I?” I said.

“That’s why I’m asking if you can.” He said. Should I? “So what?” He asked.

“I’ll think of it.” I said.

“Geez… You still need to think of it?” He said.

“Alright, alright! I’ll bring her there.” I said.

“Ok, ok. Need to go now. Still have things to do. So I’ll expect you and Kimin later at the Noraebang, ok?” He said.

“Yeah, yeah. Fine.” I said.

“Ok. Good. Need to go now. Bye.” He said and we both ended the call. Right then, the doorbell rang.

“Should I be the one to answer it, sir?” Our butler said.

“No. I’ll be the one.” I said as I walked out the house to our gate. I opened the gate. “Why are you just now?” I said.

_ _ _ _ _

Kimin’s POV

It’s already one o’clock. Aish. Why is it has to be traffic today? I hope he’s not mad when I get there. When I got to their house, it’s already one-ten in the afternoon. I rang the doorbell as I stepped on their front porch. In less than a minute, the door opened and it was Junhyung.

“Why are you just now?” He said. Crap. He’s mad.

“H-Hey. Sorry I was late. I was caught in a traffic jam.” I said as I bowed.

“Again? You always use that as a reason.” Junhyung said. I just looked down. “Let’s proceed to the tutoring already.” He said as he walked in. I followed him in.

We stayed again at their veranda. It was quiet compared to our past two tutoring sessions. I guess he was really mad. It’s already two o’clock in the afternoon but I haven’t heard any complains that the topic is so hard or if we could have a break or why is the work sheet so long.

“Yah.” He said that made me look at him. “I want to eat.” He said.

“E-Eh?” I said.

“I want to eat. Let’s eat at a restaurant.” He said as he stood up from his seat.

“But we still aren’t finish studying.” I said as I looked up to him.

“But I’m hungry and I want to eat.” He said.

“Let’s finish this first and then we can eat.” I said.

“There are still a lot of them.” He said. Ok. Now he’s starting to complain. I think he’s not that mad already.

“It’s just a few topics already.” I said. He looked at the books.

“Alright. Just promise me we’ll eat later, ok?” He said and I nodded. He then sat back then I started reviewing him at the last few topics. At two-fourty, we finished all the topics for our tests for the next day and there’s still twenty minutes before three which is our suppose end of the tutoring.

“So could we eat now?” He asked. I fixed my things.

“Sure.” I said.

“Let’s go.” He said as he stood up then walked away. I looked at him confused. Is he still mad or not? *sigh*

_ _ _ _ _

Eunjae’s POV

We arrived at the Noraebang at quarter to one in the afternoon. We already reserved the biggest room yesterday. We proceeded to decorating the room immediately as we got in.

“I’ll tape the balloons on the wall.” Sunmi said.

“Geez… This is tiring.” Eunmi said as she cut the tapes for Sunmi and as well hand her the balloons.

“When is Doojoon-ssi coming?” Sunmi said as she got a piece of tape and a balloon from Eunmi.

“He said he’ll be here at two. Maybe he was just stuck in traffic.” I said. Just then, the door opened.

“Sorry we’re late.” It was Doojoon, and he was with Yoseob, Hyunseung, and…Kikwang.

“It’s ok.” I said as I smiled.

“I brought the whole group already. Hope you don’t mind.” Doojoon said.

“No, it’s fine.” I said though I was still thinking if it’s really fine.

“Oh. Ok. Thanks. So, how can we help here?” Doojoon said.

“Ah. We need help taping the balloons to the wall.” I said trying to avoid Kikwang to also avoid any fights.

“Yah. Kikwang ah, help us here.” Yoseob said as he got a balloon and throw it to Kikwang.

“Why should I help?” Kikwang whined.

“No need to help if you don’t like.” I said.

“I’m just joking.” He said as he started taping balloons to the wall. I heard Doojoon chuckle.

“Is there something else to do than taping the balloons?” Doojoon asked as he looked around the room. I looked at my watch.

“I still need to pick up the cake.” I said.

“Ah. Let’s pick it up then.” He said and I nodded. “Guys, we’ll just be right back. We’re just going to pick up the cake.” Doojoon said.

“Neh.” They said except for Kikwang. I just smirked.

“Let’s go.” Doojoon said and I nodded. We walked to his car then drove off to the cake shop where we ordered a cake.

Doojoon’s POV

“So what’s up lately?” I asked on our way to the cake shop.

“Nothing much. I was invited as a photographer for the Lee Fashion.” She said. Lee Fashion? I know someone modelling there. Who’s it again?

“Really? Chukahae!” I said.

“Thanks.” She said.

“So, did you accept it?” I asked.

“I’m still thinking about it.” She said.

“If I were to be asked, I will accept it since it’s already an opportunity for me to showcase my talent.” I said as I quickly looked at her then at the road again. She nodded as she smiled.

“I’ll take that in consideration.” She said as she giggled. I just nodded as I smiled.

_ _ _ _ _

Junhyung’s POV

“I thought you are hungry? Why are we in the arcade?” Kimin asked.

“I’m already not hungry. Let’s play arcade.” I said.

“What?” She said. “Are you playing with me, ha?” She said.

“I already lost my appetite.” I said.

“And why is that?” She asked.

“Why do you have so many questions?” I said.

“I’ll just go home.” She said as she walked away.

“Oh c’mon. Play with me just this once again. I missed playing at the arcade again.” I said as an excuse. I just really want to play with her. “Please.” I said as I faced her. Gosh. I haven’t said please to anyone since elementary. It’s just now again.

“Alright.” She said with a sigh. “Just one game, ok?” She said and I nodded. We played Tekken.

“I’m going to win this time around.” I said as I inserted a token. The game then started. I lose again. “I’ll not stop until I win you.” I said.

“You’ll never win over me.” She said as she stuck her tongue out.

“Who said so? One more game.” I said. We played another round, then another round again but I lost over her still.

“Told you. You’ll never win in this game over me.” She said.

“One last game. This time, I’m really going to win you.” I said as I inserted another token. Why is she so good at this game? The game started. After a minute or so, the game finished and I won! “At last, I won!” I said. She just chuckled.

“I just let you win.” She said.

“Just accept that I won over you.” I said.

“Ok. If that’s what you want.” She said as she giggled. Just then, my phone rang. Sheet. I almost forgot.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered.

“Where are you now?” Doojoon asked. “Your tutoring session ended ten minutes ago.” He said.

“Ah… Yeah. We’re on our way there already.” I said as I grabbed Kimin’s hand then dragged her back to my car.

“Araso. Faster, ok?” Doojoon said.

“Ok. Bye.” I said then ended the call.

“Where are we going?” She asked as we got back to my car.

“You’ll know later. Go in already.” I said as I opened the car then went in.

“Tell me first where we are going.” Kimin said. Gosh. Why does she need to ask and ask?

“Do you trust me? If you do, get in already because I’m already scolded by hyung.” I said as I looked at her. She then went in after thinking.

“Where are we really going?” She asked.

“I can’t tell you. You’ll just know later.” I said as I started the car’s engine then drove off.

_ _ _ _ _

Please listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F12cvNsbNs Happy Birthday by Yoseob

Doojoon’s POV

“Where are they?” Eunjae asked after I ended the call with Junhyung.

“He said they’re on their way.” I said. Eunjae nodded.

We waited for about twenty minutes after finally I received a message from Junhyung saying they’re already near the room. Yoseob and Dongwoon stood at the side of the door holding party poppers while Hyunseung and Kikwang prepared the karaoke. Eunjae, Eunmi, and Sunmi made sure that the foods are ready. I stood by the door way. Soon, the door opened, and Yoseob and Dongwoon opened the party poppers while cheering while we sang happy birthday.

Kimin’s POV

When I found out that we’re going to a Noraebang, I wondered why but followed Junhyung up to the second floor. We then stopped at a room. Junhyung held the doorknob then twisted it open, and to my surprise, confetti came flying everywhere and people singing happy birthday.

“Happy birthday Kimin!” Eunjae said as she hugged me.

“Thanks.” I said as I hugged her back.

“So what are we waiting for? Let the party begin!” Hyunseung shouted. The party then started.

It was really fun. My birthday today is one of the best I’ve ever had. I never imagined that the guys can be so dorky and silly by singing funny and dancing funny. It was fun watching them sing. It’s just now that I knew that they have really good voices.

“Junhyung hyung, sing for Kimin!” Dongwoon said as he passed the microphone to Junhyung but Junhyung just pushed the microphone away.

“Oh c’mon. Just one song.” Yoseob said as he pulled Junhyung up while Dongwoon hand the microphone to him. He turned to me and I gave him two thumbs up.

“I’ll pick the song!” Doojoon said then looked for a song in the song book then entered the song number. One Love by Eunhyuk featuring Super Junior K.R.Y. started playing. We clapped for him. At first, he was still not that cheerful but at the second verse of the song, he already showed some energy in rapping. He was also accompanied by Yoseob and Kikwang at the parts that aren’t rap and second voices. After the song, we all clapped for him.

“That was great.” I said and he just smiled.

The party went on until six in the evening before we all went home, all tired.

“Thank you really to you guys. You made my birthday really fun and exciting.” I said before we all parted at the parking lot. Eunjae, Sunmi, and Eunmi hugged me and I hugged them back.

“Ok. Stop the drama already.” Dongwoon said then we moved from the hug.

“So, before anything else, who will go home with whom? How about the girls?” Doojoon asked.

“I have my car with me. I could give Kimin, Eunjae, and Sunmi a ride.” Eunmi said.

“Are you sure? It’s getting late already.” Hyunseung said.

“Yup. It’s fine.” Eunmi said.

“So, how about that?” Doojoon said. Eunjae, Sunmi, and I nodded and there, we parted going home to our own houses.

First, we dropped Sunmi off their house then Eunjae. Before I went down Eunmi’s car, I thanked her for the birthday party because I knew that she’s one who thought of going to a Noraebang. After, I waited for her to drive off before going inside my house.

It was already seven in the evening when I reached home but in my surprise again, my parents, brother, and Ri Rin also prepared a surprise birthday party. We made BBQ and ate at the pool side. We had fun all night. This is really the best birthday I ever had.

_ _ _ _ _

So chapter 21 up! Ahaha. How was it? I'm already teasing for some of the new characters to be shown soon! Ehehe.

Thanks for reading!