Wonderful Friends

Deeply in Love with the Campus Heartthrob, Bully, and Playboy

Minhee’s POV

I was reading a book sitting quietly on a bleacher in our school field wherein, right now, our school soccer team was practicing. I was waiting for my best friends to arrive from their classes. I’m not sure why, but I always arrive before them. Maybe it’s because our class is often dismissed earlier than theirs. Anyway, as I waited, surprisingly, ‘he’ approached me. I felt my heart skip a beat but still looked up from my book to him.

“Do you need anything?” I asked not wanting to pretend I didn’t notice him coming.

“Chill.” He said as he sat beside me, a playful smile on his lips. I felt my heart race as if I got tired from running or from a tiring work, and also felt my cheeks turn from pinkish to reddish. Gosh. I just hope he won’t notice it. I moved a few inches to my side where he wasn’t sitting, feeling uncomfortable sitting beside him. I closed my book and laid it on my lap, not being able to concentrate on it any .

“Sorry if I scared you.” I said not looking at him. I just really don’t want any eye contact. I heard him softly laughed.

“It’s ok. I’m sure I’m the one who scared you.” ‘Not actually. You made my heart race most.’ I thought. “Did you think I’m going to bully you?” He asked, followed by a chuckle.

“Huh? O-Of course not.” I said with a shaky voice. “Even if you did, I’m used to it.” I whispered softly hoping he didn’t hear it.

“Ok. Anyway, could I ask you something?” He said as he smirked. Did he hear what I just whispered? Nah. As long as he didn’t go through it, it’s fine.

“What is it?” I asked.

No One’s POV

From the distance, at the end of the bleacher where Minhee sat, which is far from where Minhee and the guy was, stood her best friends, with a face with doubt all over.

“Why is he talking to Minhee?” One of Minhee’s friends said.

“Let’s go to her before he does anything to her.” The other girl said taking a step forward but was held back by another girl.

“Don’t you think we should first wait? Because, if you could see, Minhee looks as if she is flattered, and you know what Minhee have for that guy.” The girl who held back the other girl said. The two girls looked at her then nodded, thinking she have a point and partially right. They agree to watch for any suspicious movements from either the guy or Minhee, before they would step up. So far, they didn’t see anything besides the smile flashed by the guy that was unusual. Well, he always smiles at girls. Flirty much? But you see, Minhee is the type of girl who he, or they – he’s other friends who are the same with him – would bully or tease. So it was really unexpected and unusual. When they saw the guy stood up and flash a smile at Minhee before stepping down the bleachers and leaving, they walked over to Minhee, watching the guy walk off to his friends.

Minhee’s POV 

What did he just asked me? Did he just ask me out or something? Am I not dreaming? Let’s see. I mentally slapped my cheeks hoping I would wake up from this dream, but no. I just flinched when I slapped myself the second time which is harder. OMG. He really just asked me out. But what is his motive? Is he just playing around or something? Yeah. Maybe he really is just playing around. But why, why do I want to believe that he’s really isn’t playing around with me? Is it because I have been waiting for it? No! I shook my head with eyes shut close, until I heard a familiar voice.

“Yah!” I opened my eyes to see my best friends looking at me like I was crazy.

“Oh, hey.” I said smiling coming back to reality.

“What did he approach you for?” My best friend, Eunmi, asked as she sat beside me while my two best friends sat one at my other side and the other in front of my feet. So they saw it.

“Uh… He…” I looked at them thinking if I should tell them or not because I’m sure they wouldn’t believe me.

“He what?” Sunmi, who sat in front of me, just at the end of my feet, asked, and looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

“He… He just asked something.” I said as I felt myself blush…more.

“Asked you what?” Eunjae asked who sat at my other side.

“Nothing important.” I said grinning.

“Nothing important that made you furiously blush?” Eunmi said with an eyebrow raced.

“Uhm… Yeah.” I said smiling.

“Just spit it out. What did he ask you?” Eunjae asked.

“Well, he…” I paused for a moment looking down on my lap where I placed my book. “He asked me out this weekend.” I said biting my lower lip.

“Are you joking?” Eunmi asked with a sarcastic laugh. Like what I thought. Geez…

“I’m not joking.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“What? He really did?” Eunjae said with a loud voice.

“Low your voice down a little. Other students are looking at us now.” I said as I noticed the other students who was walking around or hanging out near our place turn to us.

“Who cares? Anyway, ok. But did he really ask you out? Like a date?” Eunjae asked.

“I, myself, couldn’t believe he asked me out. But maybe he really just did. I even thought I was just dreaming but when I slapped myself, I knew I wasn’t. So yeah. He really asked me out this coming weekend.” I said.

“But what did you say?” Sunmi asked.

“I said, I’ll think about it.” I said.

“Then what did he say?” Eunmi asked.

“He said he’ll be waiting for me at the park near our school one in the afternoon this coming Saturday.” I said feeling myself blush remembering how he said it to me. He was smiling, the smile I fell for.

“Then what’d you think? Are you coming?” Sunmi asked. I then began to think. Should I come or not? But what if he waits there? Aish.

“I…really don’t know. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn’t. It’ll depend on my mood that day, I think.” I said.

“You know, I really don’t feel good about it.” Eunmi said.

“Why?” We asked in unison.

“Nothing. I just think he’s playing around.” Eunmi said.

“I also thought the same. But he seemed not playing around.” I replied. Well, I was just debating with myself about that a minute before you guys came. Geez…

“Minhee, remember, he’s the campus heartthrob yet one of the campus troublemakers and bullies. Also, the campus playboy, besides his other jerky friends.” Eunmi said, warning her.

“I know but…” I was interrupted by Eunjae.

“You know but because you like him, you’ll be going for it, right?” She said, and I slowly nodded.

“Maybe that’s it.” I said looking up. I’m really not sure why besides that fact that I like him.

“Minhee. Think about it first. Eunmi’s right. He’s the campus heartthrob, bully, and most especially the campus’ playboy. We don’t want you to get hurt. Heartbroken shall we say.” Sunmi said. I could say they are really concerned. I could tell it with how they reacted and with their words. I softly smiled and nodded.

“If ever I’ll be heartbroken, I promise I’ll make my hair straight.” I said while raising my right hand. Well, I have a curly hair that I really don’t want to be straightened, as in permanently, because of one lame reason I know you guys don’t wanna know. My best friends made a small smile then nodded.

“Araso. We believe in you. But if ever that guy breaks your heart, we won’t hesitate to punch him straight at the nose.” Eunjae said while Sunmi and Eunmi nodded.

“Araso. Thanks.” I said while hugging them and they hugged me back. I’m happy I have them, my three wonderful best friends.

_ _ _ _ _

So how's the first chapter? I hope it's not that boring. *sigh* Anyway, I'll try to update and finish this fanfic by the end of the week. Well, that's what I estimated of until when I'll finish this fanfic. Thank you for reading!