Chapter 6

Back

 

Yoona’s POV

Hyo-unnie and Vic-unnie brought us to their house that they were living in for a couples of years. Vic-unnie lives in China because her business is here so she helps her father. Hyo-unnie, Sul, and I were chilling since Vic-unnie had to go back to work again. I told her everything about our trip to Korea then the one in LA.

 

“Is his body going back to Korea?” Hyo-unnie ask.

 

“Yeah, they left after we did back to Korea to prepare his funeral.” I told her.

 

“So, you decide to tell them the truth about everything.” Hyo-unnie says.

 

“Yup, everything and my feelings. Sulli told them hers also.” I said as Sul just nod her head.

 

“Are you going back there to Korea?” Hyo-unnie ask me.

 

“I don’t know… if we don’t then we won’t fullfil Grandfather’s dying wish to amend things with them.” I told her.

 

“Will you come with us if we go, Hyoyeon-unnie?” Sulli ask as I look at Hyo-unnie who was looking at the ground.

 

“How is she?” Hyo-unnie ask.

 

“She’s still the same old lazy cold self just like how we left her.” I told her.

 

“And my sister?” Hyo-unnie ask.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, is doing great. She’s taking care of the business really well and her bakery business too.” Sulli told her.

 

“That’s good… I’m glad she’s doing well and that Sica is doing well.” Hyo-unnie says.

 

“You still love her after 12 years don’t you?” I ask her as she nod her head.

 

“I was 15 when I left Yoong and she was only 11 along with the others. I was your Unnie and I left because I didn’t want to take over the business.” Hyo-unnie says.

Hyo-unnie was 3 years older than us and 2 year told than her sister Taeyeon. Hyo-unnie was supposed to take over the business but didn’t want to because she wanted to do dance and her own thing. She fought with her parents about it all the time then one day she left Korea coming here to Korea where she meet Vic-unnie who was an old friend of her who is a year older than her when she was in school. I help Hyo-unnie run away because I knew she didn’t like it at all and how stress out she was. So, Sulli and I help her run away because that’s what best friends are for and when she left we still kept in touch but not that much. She knew everything about what happen to Sulli and me back in Korea. She was also mad at them for doing that to Sulli and I.

 

“Are you going to come with us, Hyo-unnie?” I ask her looking at her.

 

“I-I don’t know Yoong…. I haven’t gone to Korea for 12 years. I’m sure they’re piss off at me for leaving.” Hyo-unnie says.

 

“It’s okay Unnie, we thought that you might be missing your family and friends after 12 years. If you don’t want to come back when we do then we understand.” Sulli says.

She really has grown to be an amazing woman… right, Umma?

I look at Hyo-unnie who just nod understanding Sulli.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

I made dinner for the girls. When we finish dinner Yoona and Sulli went to go wash up and head to bed. I went out to the back lying on the hammock staring at the stars. I can remember the first day when I met Sica. She was only 5 around the time and I was 7. We were having a gathering all of us girls and their family hanging out at the park since our parents were childhood friends or best friends from school. I was playing around with Yoona and my little sister Taeng chasing them since we were playing tag. After playing I went for a walk and saw someone sitting on a swingset by herself. So I walk up to her and saw that there were tears in her eyes so I walk in front of her and wipe her tears startling her.

 

“Someone as pretty as you shouldn’t be crying.” I told her wiping her tears as she continued to look at me then she slap my hand away.

 

“Hey what was that for? I was only wiping your tears away you didn’t have to slap me.” I sort of yelled at her then I saw her cry again making me panic.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I didn’t mean it, honest.” I said trying to figure out on how to calm her down.

 

“N-no… I’m sorry… thank you for helping me…. it’s just that…. I was getting picked on again…” She says.

“Who picked on you…. I’ll give them a beating. Where are they?” I started to look around then I trip over something behind me making me fall as I hit my head on the ground.

 

“Argh….” I said rubbing my head then I heard someone giggling. I look up to see her laughing at me.

 

“Yah, why are you laughing that wasn’t funny. That really hurt you know.” I said to her pouting.

 

“S-sorry but it was really funny.” She says still laughing at me.

 

“Why you… come here.” I said running after her as she ran away from me. I chase her around the playground then she was up on the monkey bars but she stop midway.

 

“What’s wrong?” I ask her.

 

“I’m scared…” She told me as I walk to her under her as I open my arms.

 

“Come on, I’ll catch you.” I told her she look at me for a bit hesitating then she drop down into my arms.

 

“Oof….” Was all I can say as I fell to the ground with her on top of me. I look at her as she look at me. I didn’t realize how beautiful she look up close.

 

“A-are you okay?” She ask me as she got off me and help me.

 

“Y-yeah… I’m fine see…” I told her flexing my muscles as she giggled at me which I found to be really cute.

 

“What’s your name pretty girl?” I ask her as she smiled at me with a hit of blush showing… oh my gosh was she cute.

 

“I’m Jessica…. Jessica Sooyeon Jung what’s your name?” She ask me.

 

“I’m Hyoyeon… Kim Hyoyeon…” I told her.

 

Since that day we became bestfriends. I would protect her from bullies at times who would hurt her at the park than I left her without even saying goodbye. Yoona told me that Yuri has been taking care of her and the bullies when she was young then she was able to handle herself once in high school and college because of her coldness and scary glares. Haha, I remember facing those every time I or put a piece of cucumber in her face. They were scary but that was what made her cute.

 

“You thinking about her again?” I heard Yoona but didn’t turn to look at her. I felt another weight next to me on the hammock then I felt her snuggle close to me as I use my other hand to play with her hair.

 

“I was just thinking about the first time we meet at the park.” I told her.

 

“I think you should come with us when we go. I talk to Sulli and we decided to go in a week to see if you’ll come with us.” Yoona told me.

 

“You want me to come that bad, huh?” I ask her somewhat teasing.

 

“Hyoyeon-unnie, I know how much you miss Jessica and the others. They’re your home… your family… to be honest I miss them too but after everything it still hurts. I want you to come because it’s been 12 years since you’ve seen them and some think that your dead.” Yoona told me and it wasn’t the first time. She sent me an email a month after I left telling me that a lot of them thought that I was dead since they couldn’t find me.

 

“Unnie…” Yoona called me.

 

“I think it’s time I go back home.” I told her as she plop up to look at me with sparkling eyes.

 

“Really…” She ask as I nod at her. I think it’s time I went home to my family after everything. I know it’ll be hard and they’ll most likely get angry at me but I know that Sulli and Yoona will always be there for me.


Hyoyeon's been gone for 12 years damn thats long :(