Chapter 9

A Leap of Fate

 


You woke up the next day. Took a bath, prepared yourself for school then went downstairs to eat.

 

Ji Eun-ssi? How's school now? Mid of the semester now, right? It is still boring?” Your mom asked.

“ School? The usual, umma. Getting boring and boring. You should visit it sometimes but it's still okay since... nothing.” Then you grabbed a bite of your breakfast meal.

'How's you and Jinyoung?” You dad asked. You suddenly got choked on your dad's question. Good thing, your mom gave you a glass of milk.

You're trying to kill me, dad. Thanks, eomoni.”

Invite him later to have a dinner with us.” He suggested to you.

Appa!! Don't ruin my day please. If you want, just be the one to invite him. I'm done, going to school now.”

 

You get your things upstairs. Very upset. When you were about to go out of your door, someone called you. You stopped for a while to check who it is. It's an unrecognized number. You answered it.

 

Yeoboseyo? Nugu?”

Jung Jinyoung.”

JINYOUNG?”

 

Your parents heard it so they suddenly made a fake cough. It means something, you just gave them your death glare. As you went out, your parents were laughing because of you.

 

Shock? Remember I get your number last time. You going to school now?”

Oh, Mian. Yes, I'm going now.” You smiled under your breath.

“ Let's meet beside the building first since it's early. Is it okay?”

Huh? O-okay okay. See you.”

 

You hang up and made your way to school then went straight beside the building to meet up with Jinyoung. Don't know the reason why. You were approaching the place but then you saw that Jinyoung was with his friends. You hesitated if you'll go or now. After some minutes, you just called him.

 

Jinyoung? I'm here now. I mean, I'm very near now but wait. I'm scared of CNU and your dongsaengdeul.”

It's okay. Where are you? Should I go there?”

No, no. Okay, I'll go there in a while. Wait for me.”

 

You breathed in and out then continued walking to them. They all saw you, you bowed to each one of them. Then Gongchan went near you. You suddenly froze and got nervous. Will he kill you or what? I hope not. You breathed heavily.

 

Noona. “ He called you and gave his famous eyesmile.

Huh? Ah, n-ne?” You even stuttered on the way you answered.

Sorry for last night. I didn't mean to.” He apologized all of a sudden and you couldn't helpbut smile. He's such a cute kiddo.

Aniyo. It's nothing. Don't worry. It's okay.”

 

Then his other friends also apologized to you. You felt calmed at last. Then they started to call you noona except for CNU of course. You bid goodbye to them because you need to go now to your room but they told you that they will all walk you there. You have no choice but to agree. They are just sweet like Jinyoung. You arrived at your room then thanked all of them. You find them kinda weird but it's okay than before. At least, they also accepted that you really changed for the good. Jinyoung also went to his room then he received a phone call.

 

Hello.”

Annyeong haseyo, Jung Jinyoung. This is Ji eun's appa.”

Oh, annyeong haseyo. Mr. Lee.”

I would like to invite you to have dinner with us later. I will pick you up after your dismissal. Don't tell it to my daughter. Thank you.”

 

He ended the call then CNU asked who was it. He told him that it's your father and he was invited to have a dinner with them tonight. CNU laughed then told him to go on. As if Jinyoung had a choice not to go.

 

Dismissal time, like your dad said, he will pick up Jinyoung. When he went out of WM, he already saw your father. He went inside the car then headed to your house. When they arrived, your mom was already preparing for the dinner. He greeted your mom and your mom was very happy seeing Jinyoung on your house. Your mom talked to Jinyoung for a while then suddenly she saw your wallet.

 

Omo. I didn't know that she forgot her wallet. Let me check if she really forgot it or she just changed it. *checks* Aww, she really forgot it.”

 

Then your mom saw a picture on your wallet, she looked at it then let Jinyoung see it also. It's their picture when they're still kids. “Mrs. Lee, look. I also have that on my wallet.” Your mom get hyped because of that then you suddenly came home.

 

Annyeong haseyo, I'm he----- Your eyes widened then suddenly your dad put his arms around your shoulder. “You told me that if I want him to be here, I should be the one to who'll invite. Then, that's what I did. Here's Jinyoung”

 

You went upstairs first to change clothes then went down quickly. Your dad is really incredible. He can do everything. Your mom called you because dinner was already prepared and it seems like you're rotting on your room because you took so long. You all started eating. While your mom and dad kept on asking questions to Jinyoung, you were just silently eating, You just rolled your eyes when your mom asks some personal questions. Then here's your appa again, he then opened the topic about your marriage. After you heard that, you suddenly banged the fork your holding on your plate. All of them were shocked because of what you did. You stood up then told them that you're done eating.

 

Hey. Lee Ji Eun. Yah! Oh, mianhae Jinyoung for her mean attitude.” Your mom apologized in behalf of you.

I will follow her.” Jinyoung gave a reassuring smile to your parents and they just nodded.

“ Okay, go on.”

 

Jinyoung followed you on the terrace. He sat beside you while you're just watching the stars in the sky.

 

Gwaenchana? It's because of your appa right?”

Huh? Ah, yes. He's always opening that topic to me. It's kinda irritating if you just know. Ugh!” You face-palmed after that.”

I understand you. Good thing, I live in a dorm. Just ignore it, Ji Eun, for now.”

“ I can't. I mean, as long as I'm here in our house, he will always talk about that. I'm not even graduating yet. I'm still thinking of what work I want to get not that kind of things.”

Maybe, they might think of stopping this foolness, right? Let's wish for that time to come.”

I'm not wishing for that time to come because I know my parents. If they told this and that, it's always final. No one could contradict them. They didn't know how difficult I'm feeling right now then they're adding to it. You know what I'm thinking and feeling right now?”

Go, tell me what is it? You really need someone to talk.'ll listen and won't judge you.” He gently offered his lending ears.

I'm still thinking on how I could prove to others that I already changed, I want to change how people on school look at me. I'm still hurt whenever they talked about me but I couldn't do anything because it's my karma, Jinyoung. Another one is Jeongmin. I couldn't still get over on him. I don't know why. He betrayed me but I don't know why I still love him. It's really difficult. I hate seeing him happy with someone else. I was supposed to be the one with him but not. He didn't love me. I have so many heartaches, jinyoung. I have many problems, if my parents just know.”

 

You burst out crying. You just can't take your feelings anymore. Jinyoung just hugged you then you cried even more. Opening up to him is like a good idea though a bit embarrassing because you cried like a kid.

 

Just cry it to me Ji Eun-ssi. I know that you're keeping this to yourself for a long time and I know how much you wanted to change. Go, just cry. I'm just here. I believe in you and I know that the time will come that people will believe that you're not the Ji Eun they used to know. You changed for the good. And that Jeongmin, of course it will really take a long time. Just be patient. Don't rush things, huh! And our parents' agreement, don't think of it anymore.”

 

You hugged him tighter and cried even harder. Then when you're kinda calmed down, you two sat on the bench of your terrace. You felt sleepy so you didn't noticed that you fell on Jinyoung's shoulder. He just let you lean on his shoulder and smiled. When you completely fell asleep, he then brought you to your room. He find first your room then carried you there. When you're okay, he went downstairs. He bid goodbye to your parents.

 

Oh, thank you for coming, Jnyoung-ssi. Sorry again.” Mrs. Lee said.

It's okay, Mrs. Lee. It's nothing.”

 

Then Jinyoung went back to his dorm, to his surprise his friends were already sleeping so he then went to sleep too.


 


 


 



 

He's so sweet. :"""">

Please drop some comments. Thank you subscribers. Thank you readers.