Chapter 43

A Leap of Fate

 

Days were passing by and still there was no progress in everything. On the weekend, like what you did every morning, you went out of the house to get the bouquet of flowers. Number 6 was written on the letter now. You were really wondering for what are those numbers. You just then looked on your phone's calendar.

 

Oh. Jinyoung's birthday is a week ago." You sighed. Even though you remembered Jinyoung's birthday, you still; didn't get that the numbers are really for the countdown. You just went inside the house with the flowers. Afternoon came, you were just on your bedroom and watching television. Mr. and Mrs. Jung went to your house to talk to you and to your parents. Even though something not good happened between you and Jinyoung, you were still in good terms with his parents. You didn't know that they came because your mom was the one who opened the door for them.

 

Ji Eun, sweetie. Come down first!”

Ne, umma! For a second.”

 

You then prepared yourself and went downstairs. You were shocked when you saw Jinyoung's parents. You just gave them an awkward smile then bowed to them.

 

Annyeong haseyo, Mr. and Mrs. Jung.”

C'mon Ji Eun. Sit with us now.”

 

Then you followed your dad and sat between your parents. You got nervous because Jinyoung might come also so you just got brave enough and asked his parents.

 

Ah. Mr. Jung, Is Jinyoung coming?”

Oh. Jinyoung? No, he won't. We didn't let him join us.”

Oh. Okay then!!”

 

You just kept your head down as your parents started talking to his parents. You were very worried on what will they talk about. Then they were now talking about how would they cancel the wedding and the plans. Then suddenly, Mrs. Jung asked you a question, an awkward question.

 

Ji Eun, daughter. You really don't want to marry our Jinyoung?”

 

You just didn't answer his mom because you really still want to be with him but then you just remembered what he did to you. You tried to hold back your tears. You excused yourself and told your mom that you'll gonna be the one to prepare food for your visitors. While you were preparing the food, you eavesdropped on their conversation. Your mom told his parents that Jinyoung always sends a bouquet of flowers to you everyday with a letter. His parents didn't know about it and they suddenly felt the sincerity of their son to you. Your mom asked how was Jinyoung, if he's just doing okay. Mr.s Jung told the story from the start, from the time when you two broke up and learned that Jinyoung was just like you, always cry every night. When you heard everything his mom said, you were so worried and didn't control your tears anymore. You quickly wiped it before you served the food to them.

 

Have some snacks first.”

 

You bowed to them then sat again with your parents.

 

Are you alright, sweetie? What happened to your eyes? Does the food you serve has onion on it?”

Did I make you cry, Ji Eun? Omona. Sorry, daughter.” Mrs. Jung questioned me.

No, no. It's nothing. My eyes were like this since then. I'm just okay.”

Since they broke up.” Your dad mentioned.

Appa, no.”

Her health is kinda affected that's why I told her mom to visit the doctor.”

Omo. That's why you look thinner now and your eyes. Take care of yourself, Ji Eun.”

Oh ne. Kansahamnida. Don't worry, I'm just okay.”
 

At last, the meeting was over. You were free from the hot seat between your parents and his parents. You were like nervous forever because they might ask you some unexpected questions. You bid goodbye to them as they went out of the house.

 

So next time, let's visit them on their house.”

Appa! Are you kidding?”

No.”

Then I won't come with you like what Jinyoung did today.”

Why?”

Are you trying to kill me, appa? You should know why.”

 

Then you suddenly remembered the house. What about the house that they bought for you and Jinyoung. It has memories already, happy memories in particular. You wanted to go there again but you want to come with Jinyoung of course. You remembered that you two plan to hang your graduation photos on the living room and the diplomas on the bedroom.

 

Appa, the house.”

I told you we're going there.”

Not that. I mean the house you bought for us.”

Mollayo. It's your house not mine. Do what you like. You choose the first floor, second floor or the pool. Whatever.”

APPAAAA!”

 

You then went on your room.

 

 

 

 

 


The wedding------------ was cancelled???? NOOOOOO!