Chapter 37

A Leap of Fate

 


One day, you decided to pass the resume you made for the companies you chose to work on. You prepared very early for that. You fixed yourself and everything. You bid goodbye to your mom and she gave you a goodluck charm. You suddenly remembered the goodluck charm that Jinyoung gave to you before the exam.

 

You okay sweetie?”

Ah, ne. I'm going now.”

 

You went outside and as you expected, there's a bouquet again. You pick it up and read the letter. 

 

To: Ji Eun ♥

I love you and will always love you until the last flower dies.

-Jinyoung

 

Your heart skipped a bit after you read the message but then you suddenly uttered the words....

 

Until the last flower dies? Then he will stop loving me the next day. Pabo, Jung Jinyoung!”

 

Little did you know that one of the flowers on the bouquet he let everyday was just artificial. So there was no possibility that it will die and get dried. She went inside the house first to put inside the flowers and continued her schedule for the day. Jinyoung was the happiest when she saw you again. As you walked, you suddenly got tripped into something. You almost fell on the ground and got nervous but good thing, Jinyoung saved you before you fell. When you found out that it's him, you quickly fixed yourself and said thank you then went away.

 

Ji Eun, can we talk?” You gave him a look and You walked faster than the usual. “Please, let's just talk. I miss you so much.” he begged. You covered your ears like a little kid there because you didn't want to hear what Jinyoung will say because you still love him and you might forget what he did to you if you listen to him. You were already at the main road. You were about to cross but there was a car approaching. Jinyoung quickly ran to save you.

 

YAH! Can't you see, it's still on the red light?! Why are you already moving? Please be careful next time and look if there's someone crossing! Be considerate!” He scolded the cab driver and even hit the hood with his palm.

Sorry, sir. I just thought....”

Okay, go on!”

 

You looked like you were out of your mind on what happened. You were so dumbfounded because if Jinyoung didn't save you, you might be dead or on the hospital right now. Still not speaking while Jinyoung was still embracing you. You couldn't get over on what happened.

 

Are you really okay, Ji Eun? Are you alright?” 

 

He then touched your face but you weren't responding.

 

Where are you going?” He asked. You were still not responding but then he saw your resume and application forms. He find a cab and accompany you on the companies you wish to apply. While on the cab, all he could do was to stare at you since you didn't want to talk to him while you, you're just avoiding his eyes. At last you already passed your application forms and resumes. Jinyoung was still with you but you two weren't talking. While you were walking, Jinyoung bought some drinks for the two of you. Here, take this! I will now take you home. I won't force you to talk to me because something bad might happen again. Just tell me when you're ready. I'm, willing to wait Ji Eun.” You two took a cab and he accompanied you until you reached your house. You then went inside and your mom greeted you.

 

Sweetie, What happened? You passed all your application letters?”

 

You just nodded.

 

Oh, what happened to you? Are you alright? You look so pale again. We should really go to the doctor.” Your mom run her fingers on your hair looking so worried.

Mom, I'm going upstairs now. I'll be resting. Just tell me when dad comes.”

 

You went upstairs and your mom wondered again but this time she followed you on your room. She was worried again with that behavior of yours.

 

Can I come in?”

Oh, umma? Of course. “

 

You two sat on your bed then your mom held your hand.

 

What happened?”

Umma. Awhile ago, I was about to cross the main road but then there's an approaching car. I thought that I'll get hit by that car. Feels like dying until now.”

What? Are you alright? Is there something painful?”

 

You then pointed to your heart when your mom asked you that question. Of course your mom understood it so she hugged you.

 

Then who saved you?'”

Jinyoung.”

What? Wait. Jinyoung?”

Ne.”

 

You told your her everything that happened. Starting from the flower and up to the accompanying you on going home. Your mom was shocked instead of being angry with him. He still saved her daughter's life so she should be thankful to him even though he hurt you.

 

So did you two already have talked?”

Aniyo. I'm not ready yet. I can't. I'm still hurt. It's still painful. Umma, I miss him so much and I love him but whenever I remember what he did to me, uh. I can't even.”

It's okay, Ji Eun. I understand you. But always remember that we'll gonna support your decision. Follow your heart but use your brain. Okay, rest now.”

 

Before your mom completely went out of the room,

 

Umma!”

Oh, yes? You need something?”

Thank you!”

 

Your mom smiled at you and then went out of the room.


 



 

Should you accept Jinyoung again? What do you think? Is he worth it? :)