Chapter 39

A Leap of Fate

 


The next day, you received a bouquet of flowers of course. It was a part of your daily routine actually, you went out of the house to get it. You read the letter and saw a number. You wondered for what was that number written on the card. “Number? What for? Is it the number of how many bouquets he have sent me? Weird. Ugh, whatever.” You of course, kept the all those letters together with the sample wedding invitation. That day, you decided to tell Da Eun that your wedding will be canceled. You made a surprise visit on her house. When you pressed the doorbell, good thing she was the one who opened it.

 

Da Eun. Annyeong~~” You quickly gave her a hug.

Omo. Why are you here? I mean, why didn't you text me that your coming?”

Will it be a surprise if I tell you? Yah. Change clothes now. Let's go out.”

Why sudden? More than a month, you're not showing up to me and now.. Wait, what's with your eyes?”

Duh. I have a thing now for watching the series so I'm having a marathon every night until I fell asleep. Yah, change clothes now!”

Okay, just wait inside.”

 

After Da Eun changed clothes, you both went to the mall to hang out with her. When you reached the mall, you ate first then did shopping and shopping. You also watched a movie. When you're on the cinema already and the movie started, you suddenly remembered something. That was when you and Jinyoung ditched in on the class after an embarrassing moment happened. You and Jinyoung watched a movie also and you fell asleep and when you woke up, his jacket was on you. That moment was precious and that was the moment when you and Jinyoung didn't know what relationship you really have. Tears started to run down on your cheeks causing Da Eun to glance at you...

 

Hey, are you crying? As far as my brilliant memory is concern, it's a comedy movie.” She said.

Yes,I'm crying. I'm crying because of laughing. Duh.”

Oh, I thought! Ah, nevermind!”

 

That was a nice excuse. After the movie, you visited WM University. You and your bestfriend reminisced everything there. From their freshman year up to the time you received their diplomas. You remembered how mean you were back then but the bottom line was the change. You asked her to stay on the park inside for a while. You remembered that that was the only place you go when you're alone and sad. You sat on one of the kiosk there then Da Eun started to ask you again.

 

So how are you and Jinyoung?” She asked then sipped on her drink. You sighed and thought for a while keeping your head down.

 

We're over.” You finally said.

What?” Her eyes were big as ever after she heard you.

 

Da Eun dropped her drink when she heard your answer. “You're over? What are you talking about? I thought that your relationship is going strong. Wait! What do you mean? You're getting married in just a few months. Ji Eun, make it clear.” You started to cry even before you told her the whole story. After you explained, Da Eun started to comfort you because you were crying non-stop. It was the first time you cried like that ever since Da Eun met you. She could also feel your pain. “Ji Eun. Stop crying now. I feel like crying also. Uljjima. I know you're very hurt and it's okay to cry. But it seemed like, you have cried so much everyday. Stop it.”

 

You hugged your bestfriend to bits.

 

Da Eun. I really don't know what will I do now. I really love him so much. I miss him and still I want to marry him. But I really don't know. I feel like dying, Da Eun. I have been crying every night since then. Da Eun! Why?”

Shhh. Ulljima, chingu. Don't tell this to Jeongmin first. I will be the one to tell Youngmin. We don't want to see you cry especially Jeongmin. We better go home now. Just rest.”

 

You just waited on the redness of your eyes to go away then you two went home.

 

Annyeong, umma.” You greeted her the moment you stepped inside your house.

Good thing that you're here. C'mon let's eat.”

Ne. Annyeong haseyo, appa.”

Oh, my sweetie is here. How's your day?”

It's fine. I went to Da Eun's place then went to mall then WM.”

 

You started eating, then your dad noticed something on you. He was constantly looking at you. You wondered why. Out of curiosity, you asked him.

 

Why dad?”

You look so thin. Your eyes, your smile is very different. You look so pale.”

Huh? No, I'm okay. Just don't worry about me.”

 

After you ate, you went upstairs to rest while your dad talked to your mom.

 

Bring her to the doctor tomorrow or next week. I'm very worried for her.”

I told her about that but she doesn't want to go there.”

Then force her. It's not normal.”

Okay then.”

 

So your mom planned a schedule for you by calling your doctor that night.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Your health got affected because of Jinyoung? :( What shall you do?