Chapter 21

A Leap of Fate

 


Days passed and start of the week for Graduation practice. Of course, before they officially start the practice, they need to release the results of the examination to determine if they will really graduate or not. Good thing, all the graduating students passed their final exams. They were all happy and felt contentment. The professors announced that graduation practice will start on the afternoon so they shall go back later. They also announced that the list of the with honors students were posted on the bulletin board already. When you went out of the room, you saw Jeongmin and Youngmin. You greeted them and they asked you if you could go with them on the bulletin board. You agreed, of course. You started reading the list of the magna, summa and the laudes.

 

Oh, Ji Eun, look. Jung Jinyoung is one of the laudes.” Jeongmin pointed on his name and your eyes followed his hand.

Where? Waa. Wow. That smart kid.” You said in awe and smiled.

Wait, guys! Wait. I need to read this aloud.” Youngmin said and you couldn't understand what he's doing.

What?”

Jo Youngmin Kwon Da Eun Lee Jeongmin Lee Ji Eun”

Why did you say our names, Youngmin?

Ugh You don't know how to read, guys! It's here!”

 

You were all shocked because you all didn't expect that you'll be on the with honor-list of students. You hugged Jeongmin because you're the happiest as ever. Then you saw Jinyoung while you're hugging him so you decided to also hug Youngmin so he wouldn't misunderstood. You called Jinyoung then rushed to him. Jinyoung wondered why you looks so excited and whatever.

 

Oh, why?”

Congratulations, Jinyoung.”

Oh, congratulations too. See you on graduation.”

No, not that. You're one of the laudes also!”

Jeongmal? Don't fool me, Ji Eun. I know you.”

 

You then dragged him on the bulletin board. Jinyoung read the list of the with honors and his name was really there. He's so proud of himself. He called CNU to tell him the good news. You told them that Jeongmin, Youngmin and Da Eun were on the list also. Jinyoung congratulated the 2 boys since they were there. They congratulated Jinyoung also. After some talks, you bid goodbye to Jeongmin and Youngmin. Jinyoung asked you to eat first before they proceed to the graduation hall.

 

On the practice, the organizers gave the students an introduction and guidelines first. Then the graduation rehearsals started. Repeating on every part to perfect it. Kinda tiring and boring. Singing the Alma mater song, school hymn and whatever. Good thing you sit with Lee Jeongmin, you have someone to talk to. The rehearsals for the receiving of diplomas and awards already started. You were just waiting for your name to be called. At last, you were called. Jinyoung was just looking at you then he was shocked that you're also one of the laudes. When you went back to your seat, you passed infront of Jinyoung. He then hit you and you gave him a what-do-you-want look on your face.

 

YAH! Why do you love to hit me?!!? The last time, you love to hug me then now. Ah, Jung Jinyoung. Bipolar! Aish!” Then Jeongmin pulled you away because people were looking at you on what you said to Jinyoung. You felt embarrassed again. Hey, Ji Eun. Stop that. People were all looking at you. Sit down!” You sat down feeling annoyed to Jinyoung. What happened to you?” You started to explain. “That Jung Jinyoung. He suddenly hit me without reason. It's annoying, right?” He laughed at you. “Relax. Let's just wait for the rehearsal to finish then talk to him.”

 

When the rehearsal was finished. You bid goodbye to 2Mins and Da Eun. Then Jinyoung ran after you. You just ignored him. You pretended that someone called you on your phone so he will stop. You just stayed on a cafe near school. Good thing, Jinyoung stopped following you. You were about to take a sip on your drink then someone accidentally hit you again. You're like.

 

*Is it the national hitting day for me? Ugh. Annoying*

 

Then you looked on the guy who hit you and your eyes widen. It was Jinyoung holding a flower. He gave it to you then he said sorry. You get the flowers and asked him to sit down. “Hey, are you my boyfriend?” You rolled eyes. “LOOOL. I'm your fiance.” You rolled your eyes again after he said that but then you just laughed. “Ah, I'm going home now. Bye, Jinyoung. Thank you. See you then.” Jinyoung nodded and bid goodbye too. “Okay, take care.'” Then Jinyoung went back to his dorm. The undergrads asked how the graduation rehearsal went through. Jinyoung told them that he's one of the laudes on their batch. Gongchan, Sandeul and Baro were so proud of his hyung and of course they were proud of CNU also. Then the maknae asked something to Jinyoung...

 

Hyung! When will be the time that we could have a bonding time with Ji Eun noona?” The maknae asked.

Mwo? Wae? You like your noona?”

Aniyo.” He blushed and his hyungdeul all laughed.

Okay, After your finals, let's bond with her. Let's go to our house.”

Jung's residence?” Sandeul asked.

Aniyo, OUR house.”

Jeongmal, hyung?” Baro was so excited.

Yeah, yeah! So ace all your final exams, huh.”

 

Their dongsaengdeul got hyped on what Jinyoung planned. Then he called you to tease Gongchan. You then answered his call.

 

YEOBOseyo?” Jinyoung laughed,

Bye!”

Wait, wait! Kidding. Haha. Video call, you wait!! Ta~daaa. You see us now?”

Ne! Gongchan, hello! Noona is here~~”

I will tell you something about Gongchan.”

 

Then Baro and Sandeul covered Gongchan's mouth so he couldn't react on what his hyung will tell you. “You know what, Ji Eun. Gongchan likes you. He kept on asking me when we'll gonna have our bonding time.” Everyone laughed and there was Gongchan who's very embarrassed to you. Jeongmal? Maknae likes me? Omo, kyeopta! It's okay Gongchan. I like you too. After your finals, promise!“ You winked at him. “See, Gongchan is blushing now! Hahaha.” Jinyoung couldn't stop teasing Gongchan. “Hyung! You're dead!!!!” “So, Ji Eun. Tell me, who do you like more, Gongchan or ME?” Jinyoung smirked and you just laughed with annoyance. “It's not a hard question! Of course, I will choose my Gongchan. Kyeopta!” Then Jinyoung suddenly ended the video call after you chose Gongchan. HYUNG! WHY DID YOU END THE CALL? HYUNG, We're talking to noona! I hate you!!”

 

While you, you wondered why Jinyoung suddenly dropped the call. You just decided to sleep instead. On the boy's dorm..

 

Someone is jealous again. Ji Eun chose Gongchan.” CNU teased.

See how effective Gongchan's aegyo. Haha.”

 

Jinyoung walked out then just went to sleep, feeling so irritated and jealous.