Chapter 33

A Leap of Fate

 


It was already dark outside when you arrived on the Jung's residence. You pressed the doorbell and the maid let you in. When you entered their house, you saw Mrs. Jung. You immediately hugged her and cried. She wondered why so she told you to sit first.

 

Ji Eun. What happened? Why are you crying? Tell me.”

Where's Mr. Jung?”

He's not here yet, maybe later. But wae are you like this? Why are you crying? “

Umma. You should stop that wedding plan. I won't marry Jinyoung anymore. Sorry. I really can't.” You cried even more.

Ji Eun, wae? Why all of sudden? What happened? Why? You're okay with each other, right? Tell me.”

I couldn't take it anymore. He's really hurting me. I have been depressed this past few weeks because of him. He's really hurting me on what he's doing.”

 

Mrs. Jung hugged you again and you couldn't help but cry. She still couldn't understand what you were saying. Then suddenly Jinyoung arrived and he's with Miyeon. It was really unexpected. Jinyoung saw you and he was shocked. Your mom also got shock on why he's with somebody else instead of you.

 

Stay here, Ji Eun.” Mrs. Jung instructed you.

 

Then she went infront of her son.

 

Jinyoung! Does this girl knew that you are getting married, huh?! How dare you, Jinyoung?” Mrs. Jung asked her own son.

Yes she knows, umma.”

Oh, really? That's why you're with her? And you even bring her here! And you didn't even introduce Ji Eun the day you met met again?”

Umma, she's my noona and I haven't seen him for years that's why we're spending time together.”

Oh, I see. You haven't seen each other for years so you have to see each other now very often and forget that there's another girl waiting for you, a girl who have been depressed for not seeing you, a girl who's brave enough to go here and tell me to not pursue the marriage. Jung Jinyoung, what kind of guy are you?”

 

You even sobbed harder on what your mom told Jinyoung so she told you to stay on their garden first. You of course followed her and there you were in the garden, crying like forever.

 

Umma! It's not what I want. Please understand.”

Understand? Hey Jinyoung! Even though, you are my son, you can't always take my side if you're doing wrong. You don't want the marriage? Then fine, I'll tell her parents. Don't worry. I'll do it for you.”

 

She called the maids and told them to lead Miyeon out of the house and call a cab for her.

 

No, umma.”

Jinyoung! You're old enough for this things! You should have not agreed at first. You should not let this things happen.”

Umma, I really not agreed at first, right. I told you that.”

Oh my gosh, Jinyoung! See, you really don't like to marry her. Why you even proposed to her? You let her expect for nothing. Expecting for the worst. You told me last time about what his former boyfriend did? Well, you did it to her AGAIN.”

Miyeon and I just went out today.”

Jinyoung, you are so inconsistent. Don't lie. I thought you're matured enough! GO FIX YOUR PROBLEM, NOW!”

 

Jinyoung followed what his mom said. He headed to the garden keeping his head down. Mr. Jung also arrived and Mrs. Jung told him what just happened. Jinyoung already saw you sobbing. He then hugged you but then you refused to be hugged. He could see on your eyes that you're really angry and hurt at the same time.

 

Jinyoung. You should have just told me everything. I will really understand it, I will really try. But no, you kept it to me for weeks. “

Sorry.”

Sorry? What could I do? The damage has been done. I'm hurt AGAIN. I didn't expect that you'll be the one to hurt me, Jinyoung. I saw you with her the last time you ate together on a restaurant. Remember the day you met again, you forgot that I'm there. Jinyoung, what's with this foolness? I'm really hurt, I'm really in pain Jinyoung! I'm really in pain, to tell you.”

Sorry, I didn't mean to.”

 

You then slapped him.

 

You mean it Jinyoung! You mean it! I thought you accepted our fate. What I didn't know is that you're just really blown away by our situation. You disappoint me, Jinyoung. If you just really told me earlier! You make me look so stupid. Waiting for your calls, messages. Waiting for you to visit and surprise me again.”

Ji Eun, sorry. I just really missed her and promise it's nothing. Believe me.”

Jinyoung, I'm not a kid to believe on your lies. Miyeon is your first love and you didn't even bother to tell me that, right?. I told you Jinyoung, you should have just told me.”

How'd you know?”

Because of my depression, I have no choice but to ask B1A4 about it just to clear things out. Jinyoung! Why? Why did this to me? I experienced this once but why you let this happen again. I thought I'm safe with you. Jinyoung!”

Sorry, I'm really sorry.”

You're sorry is so ambiguous. I bet you're sorry for what you did and sorry because you decided not to marry me. Am I right?”

 

You then removed the ring he gave you when he proposed and gave it back to him.

 

Just marry that Miyeon. Goodbye, Jinyoung! We're over. I can't take the hurt anymore.”

 

You then went away and you left Jinyoung dumbfounded. Jinyoung started to cry as you went away. He went inside the house and Mrs. Jung saw him. He walked towards his mom and gave the ring to her then he hugged his mom and started to cry.

 

Umma. I really really love Ji Eun. I think I'm dying right now because she doesn't want to marry me anymore. Umma! I told you it's not what you think. Umma, please don't cancel the wedding. I'm begging you. I will do everything. Please! Umma, please!”

Prove it to us first, Jinyoung.”

 

He nodded and locked himself on his room. He switched on his laptop and he saw his wallpaper. He started to cry again. He tried to call you but then you turned off your phone again.

 

You then already reached your house and thought that your mom was asleep. You were about to go upstairs then your mom called you. You didn't know if you'll gonna ignore her or look at her. You decided to just come to her.

 

Why umma?”

Are you crying?”

 

You then hugged your mom very tight. Your mom knew that you have a problem by that. Your mom hugged you tighter and told you to stop crying. She didn't ask why you're like that because she knew that you won't tell your problem to her. Instead, your mom accompanied you to your room and let you lay down on your bed. She was rubbing your back until you stop crying and until you sleep. Your mom was so worried because of you. When you already fell asleep, your mom get a glass of water and put on your side table.

 

Back to Jinyoung, he was still looking on your photos with him non-stop. Then looked at the ring then on his phone and everything. He was so guilty on what he did. He can't imagine that he did that to you. It was the saddest moment in Jinyoung's life. He really couldn't sleep. He then called your mom to check if your home but then your mom wasn't answering her phone because she's also asleep.

 

I'm going crazy, Lee Ji Eun! SORRY!” Jinyoung started crying. His mom heard it so he rushed to Jinyoung's room to check what's happening to him. She saw Jinyoung still crying.

 

Jinyoung, you should sleep now. It's already 3am. You should rest.”

 

When his mom went out, he then his laptop again and searched for the dormitory address of the trainees of Starship Entertainment. He decided to talk to Jeongmin and to tell him what happened between you and Jinyoung