Chapter 53

Youngest of Pieces: Girls Power (10)

SM Town’s concert in Tokyo will be on Saturday and Sunday, and the SM Town family gathers on Friday for rehearsals. Hannah dyed her hair in a bit lighter purple yesterday at the saloon, a few locks still darker but she had to re-dye her hair and went for a bit brighter. Today the ladies are all gathered. The whole week they haven’t met much; Hannah and Emelia have seen each other a lot since they are in the same house, Carolina and Julia have seen each other when Carolina hasn’t been working but Julia and Emelia have visited Carolina at work too. Hannah hasn’t been allowed to visit Carolina this week; she has not been allowed to leave the house beside from yesterday’s saloon visit. Next week, Hannah will make sure to visit her friend.

When being at the airport in the morning, Hannah was hiding herself because of the journalists. She is not comfortable being in public, she feel awkward and guilty because of last week, not wanting to go around showing herself for everyone to judge if she is doing well or not. That’s why she was hiding behind a mask over half her face, a cap over the other half and she was happy to have Carolina walk next to her through the airport, arms linked to get out safely together.

Now she is sitting backstage at the concert stadium. It’s in the middle of rehearsals and Hannah is looking sad when seeing the pictures taken from the airport, comments written by fans worried if she should even perform if she was at the hospital last week, how she hasn’t been seen all week, that she looks to still not be feeling well (though her face was not seen).

“There won’t be a change in the set list. Is that alright with you?” Manager Kawayama asks the ladies in the room. Carolina is long gone, chatting in another dressing-room with the members of SNSD.

“Hannah?” Maria asks. She was about to leave the room too, holding some kind of long candy in her hand.

“Mm?” Hannah asks and looks up from her cell phone.

“Can you do the dance tracks tomorrow?” Maria asks in Korean. She can understand the Japanese their manager uses, she has a bit difficulty to respond fluently through other than with simple words, but just this answer she wants to let Hannah give as she guess it is more directed to their youngest than the other ladies.

“Mm,” Hannah nods, then looks a bit behind her at Manager Kawayama to say in Japanese; “We’ll do it as scheduled.”

“Okay,” the manager nods and looks at her papers. “You got an interview tomorrow before the show. They want to talk about the songs you’re performing at the concert, your international album and promotions. I have the questions and answers here, so if you can look it through today and again tomorrow… I have two copies, one for Hannah and one for Emelia.”

“I will talk too?” Hannah asks in Japanese, holding out her hand to receive the paper. It has even been written on the side who will say what. “But I will almost say it all?”

“Fans are wondering if you are okay or not after the hospital visit, it would just be weird if you didn’t talk as much as usually in Japanese interviews.”

It’s true, so Hannah turns back to her cell phone to pout at the comments she continues to read. ‘Didn’t SM say they have cancelled all her schedule, then why is she still doing the concert?’, ‘poor sm artists never getting any rest…’ and ‘is Hannah doing well these days? Her leg seems fine, she doesn’t seem to have any pain right?’. Hannah is reminded that the excuse her agency said for her hospital visit was about her leg injury from when 5 Pieces’ GIRLS POWER tour took off in Tokyo back in August. She is fine in the leg from that injury, but according to the statement she was in pain and went to the hospital to check up on it. Nothing serious, but fans are still worrying.

Yesterday the first music video teaser for their next single came out; it is their international single for [When No One Is Around]. All the fans are worried about is if 5 Pieces will have too much to do, without any rest after their album promotions in Korea. Truth is that the single will be released in October, but 5 Pieces won’t really promote it with performances or appearances. Carolina and Emelia will both have their solo promotions, the ladies will all continue their GIRLS POWER tour that will end at the end of November, and they have a Christmas single to prepare as well. Other than that, and the SM Town concerts, Hannah is the one told to rest a bit. Only group activities. Maria and Julia doesn’t have anything prepared either, though Maria is planning to head back to Sweden for another week – probably at the end of the new month after finishing some concerts.

“What’s the plan then?” Hannah asks when Maria comes back inside the room to sit down in the sofa Hannah has gotten comfortable in.

“Um, we have invested in a charity project that takes place in mostly Sweden, Norway and Finland. To help the homeless, you know,” Maria says with a bag of snacks in her hand. She sits down after kicking off her shoes to have her feet in the sofa, facing Hannah. “But that’s a secret, though. I was asked to do some interviews when I get back to Sweden, to talk about 5 Pieces, but it is still interviews. That’s what you mean with plan, right?”

Hannah nods; she had heard what their manager talked to Maria earlier. Maria has had a very quiet visit to Sweden this time, she was spending time with a lot of family members and resting, but she also joined in to create a charity project that she has spoken to one of her sisters about for a few months. Maria wants to go back, not because of work but because she misses her family and with not having too much promotions going on she is reaching an agreement with the agency already about going back to Sweden for about a week if she does one or two interviews for the Swedish media.

“And my grandparents were really happy to see me,” Maria suddenly giggles and pushes Hannah on the arm out of happiness. “Grandpa only speaks Finnish, but he kept saying over and over how pretty I am.”

“Your grandpa did?” Hannah laughs.

Maria is half Finnish; her father was born in Finland but has spent most of his life in Sweden and his parents (Maria’s grandparents) are also living in Sweden now. The funny thing about Maria’s family is that they go around saying how ugly they are all the time. Hannah got such a surprise whenever she met Maria’s family because whether it is siblings, parents, grandparents or cousins, they go around praising each other for looking like each other and that they are ugly. It is their way to joke around; it is not bad at all because there is no bad in the words. Being ugly is not bad, they make it sound like a good thing, and Maria said that her sister had told Maria she heard their grandfather say in Finish that Maria has gotten pretty – seeing his granddaughter on the TV seemed to have changed his mind. But some time ago when Maria visited her family, he had said she is ugly even on TV, but proud his family genes are seen even there.

“He looked really happy saying it,” Maria says with her hands pressing against her cheek to not start crying. “Even daddy got jealous, because I was sitting next to grandpa all evening.”

Hannah leans her head back against the backrest of the sofa, smiling widely at her friend while imagining Maria’s big family crowding in one apartment, all gathered for Maria.

“Oh, oh, OH, guess what!” Maria bursts out and hits the sofa with big eyes staring at Hannah. “Mommy and daddy are moving.”

“Moving where? They are not staying at the apartment?”

Maria shakes her head and then laughs, so excited. “They have been looking around for houses during the summer, and now they have found a place near my cousins – two floors, even a yard – it is really pretty. So my sisters will get the apartment for themselves. My family is unique that way, the parents move out instead of the children.”

Maria’s family has lived in the same apartment for almost thirty years now. It isn’t the biggest apartment; two small bathrooms, three bedrooms, hall, kitchen and living-room. Maria is the youngest in her family with three older sisters and an older brother; she has been giving money to her family but they haven’t felt the need to move since the two sisters living there are a few minutes away from work; the money has mostly been spent on a suited car and nice family dinners. They save money to go travelling too. Maria’s older brother who is soon thirty years old has also grown up in that apartment. All of them are in their twenties now, and Maria realises she misses a lot living in Korea while her family is in Sweden. Maria’s mother has even undergone surgery for her hip; Maria was told all about it from her family over the online chat, before the surgery and after the surgery.

Maria continues to talk about her family and the trip to Sweden to stylist Yong Hyun, Eunhyuk and Hannah. Eunhyuk is leaning against the table behind the sofa, looking through the pictures Maria has on her cell phone.

“Oooh, this is your family?” Eunhyuk laughs and shows the picture to Hannah. It is a picture of Maria with her mother and sister doing weird faces.

“Ah, we were sitting in the sofa when I took that,” Maria answers. “Mom was behind us.”

Hannah has missed Maria for the time she was away, especially this week being alone in the house, but she must say she has enjoyed spending time with Emelia – just the two of them. Somehow Hannah has spent more time with Maria than with Emelia for some time, for some years even; at least it feels that way. Hannah has connected more with Maria during their time in Korea because Maria talks and gives advice, she likes to let Hannah come along to things during their time off. Emelia has been more the one Hannah has quietly sat next to, or fool around with, mostly they have fought, and hearing Maria talk to Eunhyuk she comes to think of Maria’s voice that she leans on so much that she wants to go show her friendship with Emelia.

But Emelia isn’t in the room, so Hannah gets up on her feet and leaves in search for Emelia.

It doesn’t take many meters until she has forgotten the search and she follows Taemin to the stage to watch EXO’s rehearsal, her friend talking nonstop and they together lower their heads when passing Kangta’s room. Hannah is wearing black leggings with zipper details on the leg and a long check shirt in white-black, comfortable sneakers too. According to Maria when they met today it is too much to wear; long sleeves and covering her legs, Maria asked if she doesn’t find it hot in this weather.

The concert is at an outdoor stadium, meaning the idols are wearing sunglasses on the stage to both look cool and to cover the sun. Hannah has a cap with her that she will wear on stage and that she wore at the airport, but now she has it in her hand along with her cell phone. Standing behind the stage where all staff will be gathered at the concert and idols waiting for their turn. Hannah stands there with Taemin for a bit, talking about their own rehearsal earlier and watching the ones on the stage doing their rehearsal now.

“Do you want to sit down?” Kangin asks.

He has been sitting on a chair next to them, playing games on the tablet with his manager on the chair next to him playing the same game. Hannah shakes her head, smiling at Kangin for asking so politely, while Taemin nudges her side to make her look where he points.

Hannah and Taemin sit down on a blanket on the floor that he had spotted. It is surprisingly comfortably, Hannah sitting tailor there and smiling while Taemin is stretching out on the blanket and waving his feet on the floor.

“If you had a sandwich,” Emelia comments when coming over, “it would look like you’re having a picnic.”

Smiling up at her friend, Hannah is certain she must look childish. But she just remembered why she left 5 Pieces’ dressing-room in the beginning, seeing Emelia smirk and look at the game Kangin is playing.

“Should I win the match for you?” Emelia asks him and Kangin laughs loudly at the suggestion.

Hannah stretches her hands up in the air to stretch out her back a bit, but just as she does that it feels like she almost knocks someone in the face behind her and the cologne lets her know who it is that squats down behind her to wrap a pair of arms around Hannah as her hands sinks down. Automatically she smiles when Jonghyun’s head appears next to hers.

“Is your back hurting?” he asks her like a mind-reader, his voice warm and low next to her neck, and Hannah automatically leans a bit back against him. They haven’t talked much today, not seen each other much either because Jonghyun is a very busy man, but whenever they have seen each other she has leaned on him feeling very relaxed. Just like now.

“No, I’m fine,” she answers quietly, secretly taking a glance at Emelia in hope her friend won’t take the word to say how Hannah’s back probably is hurting. But Emelia has sat down on Kangin’s seat to play his game with Kangin looking over her shoulder.

Hannah takes up her hands in the air again, this time to place them behind her in a try to hug Jonghyun’s head, her hands at the back of his head. She doesn’t hold hard feeling he is wearing a cap reversed on his head, and Jonghyun presses his lips on her cheek.

“I can give you a massage,” he whispers, smiling against her cheek and he sits down on his knees behind her, arms tightly wrapped around his girlfriend as if they were sitting in the living-room and not on the floor behind the stage. Jonghyun whispers by her ear again that he can give her a massage but she frown her nose and shakes her head to him. They both look at the stage as EXO finishes their rehearsal and Hannah gets her hands back to slightly applause with Taemin for when they will come off the stage. She feels Jonghyun moves his arms away from her, feeling his hands on her hip and she automatically stretches her back with a smile worried he will tickle her. But Taemin starts applauding and Hannah joins in, smiling as Sehun and Baekhyun comes down from the stage with laughter seeing them sit there and applaud as if they have just finished a great concert.

Out of nowhere a pair of thumbs presses at the lower part of her back and Hannah lowly gasps. No one seems to notice though.

“Was it too hard?” Jonghyun asks.

“A little bit higher,” she admits and Jonghyun smiles widely. When he said massage she thought he was going to massage her shoulders, and she is not a fan of that, but to get pressure and massage on her back is really addicting. There is a masseuse coming along to the concerts who takes care of massaging Hannah’s back, not the way Jonghyun does but both ways are really comfortable. Jonghyun rests his chin on Hannah’s shoulder while carefully pressing his thumbs on her back, feeling Hannah lean her back here and there at the pressure. Hannah even covers her face out of embarrassment when Taemin leans forward to look at her.

“You said you’re back isn’t hurting,” Taemin teases.

“It feels good,” Hannah admits with a laugh and Jonghyun just smiles.

“5 Pieces is up next,” they all are told and Hannah grimaces. Jonghyun chuckles behind her as he saw her shoulders sink. She is too obvious with what she thinks, especially about liking the massage and not wanting him to stop.

As the other members arrive, Hannah leans back on Jonghyun and he wraps his arms around her anew. She does not look like she will get up, and she starts doing grimaces with Emelia when the childhood friend stands in front of Hannah with a hand held out. Jonghyun has his chin on Hannah’s head, arms around her and hands holding on to hers by her stomach. He likes that she isn’t leaning away from him out of embarrassment, that she neither can help but to be as close as possible after not seeing each other in some time. Emelia tries to get Hannah up on her feet – away from Jonghyun’s arms – but it isn’t until the staff asks them to get up on the stage that Hannah holds out her hands for Emelia to help her up. Jonghyun takes her seat next to Taemin and Hannah walks up on the stage with her members while having a staff member helping her with the microphone.

The rehearsals have gone well for 5 Pieces so far, at this time in the evening Hannah is so exhausted. For a week she hasn’t done anything else than resting, and just today she has gone from Korea to Japan and have spent the day at the stadium for rehearsals and to greet all co-workers. She notices how tired she is when rehearsing for [Run Out] and [You Thought Wrong of Me], blinking nonstop because of the tiredness and her moves isn’t a single bit correct – she doesn’t really mess up it is more that her body doesn’t do as it’s told.

When finishing the day’s rehearsals, Hannah head to the hotel they are staying at. She goes with some of the other SM family to the hotel, but she goes to the room alone. Most of the others are heading out to eat, for a schedule or to do something else, her own members are heading out with their friends too while Hannah is too tired for anything at all. She goes to her room, washes up and lies down in bed to yawn and stretch out, doing some exercises for her body even if the trainer and masseuse has helped her at the stadium and keeping her eye on the time. She is so tired. Emelia and she has planned to run away this weekend, according to Emelia they can run away at the after party to have their own after party just the two of them. Hannah looks forward to it; she is actually excited to run away with her friend without anyone knowing of their plans. But that is for Sunday. Today it’s Friday, and they have two days to overcome before they can run away. Hannah is more worried than excited for the concerts, for the interviews too. She is nervous for it, not sure how to do it and how fans will react. Fans in Japan are just as aware as the Korean fans of what’s happening with the ladies no matter which country they are in. They are probably updated on that Hannah hasn’t really been shown anywhere for the past week since being at the hospital, and she wonders if they will expect her to look tired and outworn. She wants to look healthy and happy, she will do her best to have a great time on the stage and smile to the fans to let them know she is doing well.ThTheannah

 

The door to the hotel room is unlocked and open, and Hannah is up on her feet in a second.

Jonghyun laughs in the hall, first hearing Hannah hurry and then see her rush to him and he puts down his things on the floor before she runs in to his arms. She laughs too, excitedly holding her arms around his neck and hugging on to her boyfriend.

“What were you doing?” Jonghyun asks with a smile, planting kisses on her hair and cheek while his hands hold on to her thigh to lift her legs around him. As Hannah wraps her legs around his waist he has both his hands on her to hold on to her.

“I was waiting for you,” she whispers and puts her hands in his hair as they get face to face with each other, smiling brightly. She removes his cap, dropping it on the floor to bury her fingers in his light hair.

“You weren’t sleeping then?” Jonghyun jokes in a sweet voice.

He smiles when she shakes her head, waiting until she stops so he can kiss her. She has missed her boyfriend when he has been working in Japan, but the feeling when meeting him today makes her realise she has really missed him a lot. It will be fun to spend the weekend together, to have fun with the SM family even if a lot of their friends are having issues. Luhan is leaving EXO, Jessica has been kicked out from SNSD and some members are back in Korea filming dramas… In an article writing about all the artists that can’t attend this weekend’s SM Town concerts, Hannah was also mentioned as someone they were not sure would attend or not due to her hospital visit last week.

Hannah lies back on the double bed while Jonghyun takes a shower. He leaves the bathroom’s door open, singing and humming while showering and to a few of the songs Hannah sings along with a laugh. She is wearing a heart-print loose-fit nightdress in blue, her legs bare and socks on her feet, and she makes sure the nightdress doesn’t go up above her tights while she rolls around on the bed waiting for Jonghyun to be done.

It’s too early to go to bed, but she wonders if they can stay up to chat a bit as she doesn’t want to fall asleep and morning is reached much sooner. As said, she is nervous for tomorrow.

The water stops running in the shower and Hannah happily falls on her back in the bed, laying the wrong way to look inside the bathroom, feeling a bit naughty for looking inside but Jonghyun sees her and does not mind it.

“Are you peeking at me, Nabi?” he asks while drying up with the towel. She only sees half of his body when he leans forward.

“It’s a very y show, Jabjong,” she answers, smiling against her arm resting in the bed. He turns around and looks at her over his shoulder, a dazzling y smile and flexing his muscles so she laughs.

He really puts on a show for her. When putting on underwear he bares his to Hannah, and once the underwear is on he is officially the best sight Hannah has seen with his hand going through his hair to not have it in his face. She lies there with her cell phone at the door, ready to take a picture when he leaves the bathroom. Her boyfriend sleeps in just underwear, she is fully aware of that. Jonghyun leaves the bathroom, stopping by the door when seeing her focus her cell phone to give a charismatic pose for Hannah, with a finger touching his lower lip and a y gaze looking at Hannah and she giggles when getting her picture, rolling away from her boyfriend out of embarrassment for him.

“It turned out great, didn’t it?” Jonghyun amusedly asks, crawling up behind her on the bed and when touching her hip to lean over her she starts laughing – he tickled her. Jonghyun leans over her. “Nabi… Nabi…”

He is using his sweet voice to say her nickname, hugging on to her while she laughs.

“Could you massage in lotion for me?” he requests in a low voice, his lips on her arm. He smiles as she looks away with laughter; he continues to cuddle with her while Hannah laughs. He even rolls over her, kissing her hand and chin and whispering her nickname. He doesn’t stop until she says she’ll do it.

Lying there in underwear, Jonghyun chats and smiles as Hannah massages in the body lotion on his body. She goes from his neck out to his arms, doing it thoroughly, down his chest to his abs, on his thighs down to his feet. Jonghyun enjoys it a lot, and Hannah likes it too because she is just sitting there touching his whole body. Once she has done that she takes a different cream to apply to his face, and Jonghyun does the same to her face, laughing at her face-expression and he presses his palms against her warm cheeks before kissing her.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Hannah wakes up in a fright the next morning, just to look next to her and see Jonghyun turn off the loud alarm on his cell phone – the reason she woke up. Knowing it was just the alarm, Hannah whines and crawls into Jonghyun’s arms.

“Its concert day,” he mumbles for her, closing his eyes again with her head below his chin. He slept well tonight; he always sleeps well with Hannah. Hannah closes her eyes tighter by the mumbling, not wanting to catch the day. Her boyfriend breathes out a few times. “Are you sleeping?”

“Mm,” Hannah mumbles and puts her leg over his under the quilt.

“Taemin said he would come banging on our door if we’re not outside in time,” Jonghyun mumbles, barely opening his mouth.

Hannah moves her head a bit, to place it on the pillow and try to adjust her eyes to the dark room so she can look at him. “He is probably still sleeping,” she comments.

True, Jonghyun admits. Jonghyun is usually one of the first up in his group, and Taemin is not one of the early risers.

“And he shares room with Kai,” Hannah reminds him.

Jonghyun frowns. “How do you know that?” he wonders.

“I talked to them yesterday,” she answers, smiling tiredly and kissing his arm. “Taemin said since you and I share room, he can share room with Kai.”

“Hm…”

“Hm what?” Hannah giggles.

“Hm; you’re talking room arrangements with them,” Jonghyun answers. She continues to smile, lifting her hand up in the air to stretch out a bit.

“I missed it,” she tells him, enjoying waking up next to her boyfriend; and to fall asleep next to him. They have talked every day, but to be next to each other is different. A lot of words are said between them when they aren’t near each other, but they don’t have to talk too much once they are close like this.

Jonghyun turns to kiss her on the cheek; his hand reaches out for hers. “I missed it too; this,” he whispers.

But they have to get up. It doesn’t take long to get ready, even if they take pauses to kiss and tease each other.

To begin the day like that is nice, but the rest of the day Hannah can just feel a rock growing inside her.

Today is the concert. A week after being at the hospital, and she really feel that she has to prove something to everyone. Mostly because throughout the day (just like yesterday) her friends asks her how she is doing, there is a doctor checking up on her in the morning and when they are preparing with hair and makeup for the concert, she is having so many eyes on her behind the stage that it is awkward to just talk to anyone, and the whole time she is reminded that she will have to face thousand of people on the stage probably asking the same questions.

Before the concert, the leaders or representatives of each group/solo does an interview followed by the groups doing individual interviews. Most of them do Korean interviews, for Korean news channels, while a few do Japanese interviews as well. For the one Korean interview that 5 Pieces does, Hannah is quiet throughout the whole thing beside from when greeting and thanking. She was too nervous that even smiling must have looked awkward.

For one of the Japanese interviews, Hannah is awkward too and she even has to lower her head to the interviewer and camera to apologize for her awkwardness. She does kind of okay answering the questions that she has gone through with her members, even put Carolina to answer a question in an even more awkward Japanese but it loosen up the mood so Hannah doesn’t feel too bad.

“We heard that Hannah had to visit the hospital recently, are you alright, is it anything serious?” the interviewer politely asks in Japanese, a hand reached out to Hannah for her to answer. She knew it would be mentioned, still the words get stuck in and she just nods at first.

“Ah, yes, I’m alright,” she awkwardly smiles, glancing at Emelia in her right. “It’s nothing serious, just an old injury.”

“Will you be able to perform at the concert?” the interviewer wants to know.

“Yes, of course. I have been resting all week, so I am all ready for the concert. And we have looked forward to perform with the SM Town family here in Japan again. It will be a lot of fun,” Hannah says, rambling on in Japanese in a try to put the focus away on her hospital visit.

When leaving the last interview her hand is shaking. She was so nervous. She starts jumping and giving out low whines to calm herself, shaking her hands and ignoring the questions asking if she is okay, if she need to sit down and if they should ask the doctor to come. Doctor Song is always somewhere nearby at the concert stadium, she is ready in case Hannah will need her, and Hannah hates it. She doesn’t like this doctor. The first thing Doctor Song asked Hannah this morning was if she has had during the night; knowing her boyfriend is there and all. It was embarrassing and direct, and Hannah had shouted out ‘NO’. She really doesn’t like the doctor.

Hannah has a goal this weekend: be invisible and assure the crowd she is fine. So far she hasn’t done well. Most artists were watching their rehearsal, several friends have asked Hannah after rehearsals if she is tired – so she has been getting a lot of pitying while the other ladies have been social and friendly and have fun – and she has been a nerve-wrack for the interviews that she is certain no one will think she is doing well. Only left is the concert. She has to do that great. She has to be bright and cheerful, professional and enjoy the time up there.

The first lady up on the stage today is Maria with her solo [A Better Day] featuring Chanyeol and Minho. Carolina is also performing her solo songs today, both [Lazy Love Song] and [I Wish You Were My Love] as to which most artists are watching from backstage, curious of how she does it and to show support when she comes back down, to enjoy the songs and to see the audience’s reaction.

The audience seems to know the songs, which is always good, and they cheer even when Carolina messes up her introduction of her Korean solo debut. She does well. She is herself, a bit nervous to perform her new songs, and she seems aware of that everyone is watching from behind too. The ladies are all four standing closest to the stage, watching her performance and feeling proud. It is the first time Hannah sees her perform it live. Carolina is great. [Lazy Love Song] is actually a bit funny to perform and the audience seems to love how unique the sound is, while [I Wish You Were My Love] makes even Maria move back and forth as it is a very beautiful ballad. Carolina is a brilliant solo artist.

The first two songs that 5 Pieces performs are [Secret Touch] (a typical pop dance track) and [Let’s Go] (this year’s favourite single by 5 Pieces). The ladies are dressed in colourful outfits, all having their own outfit and sneakers. Hannah is nervous heading up on the stage, not even hearing Taemin cheering her on.

She holds on to the microphone tightly, standing next to Julia and secretly closing her eyes wishing she will do well. She is already tired from the day’s rehearsals and interviews, all the attention put on her, yet she knows that her members also have attention on them. With Carolina’s solo activities just have started she has a lot of eyes on her, a lot of curious eyes and those who start getting interested in her when she can show her own personal colour. Emelia is always popular in Japan; she is popular anywhere. Julia is the sweetest candy in the stadium; she will always have eyes on her. Maria is the vocalist, model and personality of the group, you can always expect something from her, and therefore she is always a favourite to watch during a performance. Hannah is the one people look at with pity, with questions asking if she will fall apart and looking for signs to the reason she was at the hospital.

As soon as [Secret Touch] begins, Hannah is focused. She is serious to begin with; dancing as if there is no tomorrow, just to find herself almost out of breath when she starts singing. Her body has been too relaxed this week. Anything she does tires her. To start dancing with all her might to prove she is healthy was definitely the wrong thing to do. She calms down when realising that, continuing to perform as rehearsed and as her memory reminds her, always aware of the audience looking at them and at her members being cautious.

The ladies have been the most natural around Hannah today, not asking too many questions about how she is feeling or pretending she is a sick person in constant need of help, but now on the stage she notices when dancing and shifting formation that each lady is cautious of her; taking glances at Hannah, touching her back to not bump into each other, constantly keeping an eye on her.

But the song ends before she can get too annoyed over that.

“Pieces of one,” Emelia starts to greet in the microphone and the ladies standing next to each other greet together; “Hello, we are 5 Pieces!”

Emelia takes a step back, putting her hand on Hannah’s back and the youngest thinks of what they have prepared to talk about.

“It hasn’t been long since 5 Pieces were in Japan for a concert,” Hannah starts to mention in Japanese, talking very casually with her members and the audience. “We were in Japan about two months ago for our GIRLS POWER tour-” she has to pause for the loud cheer from the audience and she laughs when Maria pumps her hands in the air, cheering too. “And now we are back so soon for SM Town’s tour. We have had a lot of fun rehearsing for today’s concert with all of the seniors and juniors of SM Town, so I hope everyone is having a great time enjoying the concert. Are you having fun?”

She holds out the microphone, everyone screams and the ladies applauses at the good response.

“The concert has just started, so there are a lot of more fun things waiting for you,” Emelia says.

“We will perform another song for you…” Hannah starts to mumble while taking a few steps back, realising she is too much at the front.

“What?” Julia asks and Hannah looks up.

“What, what?” she asks.

“No one heard what you said,” Emelia answers, shaking her hand to let Hannah know she mumbled too much.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Hannah calmly bows to the audience. “It would be fun if you all would want to dance and move along with us for the next song and let’s have a great time with SM Town tonight. Alright, alright?” Her tone goes higher in excitement and Carolina copies her with a hand stretched out in the air. Hannah laughs when the audience too repeats ‘alright, alright’.

“TOKYO!” Maria shouts out with excitement. “LET’S GO!”

The audience starts to cheer just as 5 Pieces’ [Let’s Go] begins and the ladies cheerfully start their performance. Hannah has a mission now. She did well during their greeting, she messed up with her mumbling but the audience liked it and the ladies lifted it up, and now she has to perform happily and be cheerful.

It’s honestly not that difficult. It was difficult during rehearsals, but now when there are so many people in front of them looking to enjoy the concert it isn’t difficult at all. She can see her own fans in the crowd, holding up pretty signs with her name on, 5 Pieces’ signs and pictures are spotted everywhere in the crowd and the colours of the different artists shines up the whole stadium. It is always different working with an audience like this, Hannah can’t think of being tired when she is facing all this. The song is cheerful, and so is 5 Pieces. She does still notice her members keeping an eye on her, and one time she catches Emelia even looking over her shoulder as to make sure Hannah is still there, and Hannah cutely puts her hands below her chin and gives Emelia a wink to be playful for the performance but let Emelia know she does not need her to turn around all the time.

Emelia shoots a smile out at the audience, but at the next chance she gets, Emelia starts to fool around with Hannah. The youngest should’ve seen it coming; Emelia is a prankster at heart, so it really isn’t a surprise when Emelia glides up behind Hannah and puts both hands above Hannah’s head like ears, moving her fingers for the audience to see it, and then moves away with a laugh as Hannah turns around. Hannah looks surprised at first, then grimaces as she hits Emelia lightly on the arm, the two girls fooling around on the stage from the middle to the end of [Let’s Go!].

Even when their song ends, Hannah wraps her arms around Emelia and twirls them both around so they almost falls, laughing while twirling and having Julia tell them to hurry off the stage. It is SHINee’s turn now, so when hurrying off the stage Hannah can see Maria doing high-five with the shining boys coming up on the stage. Hannah is in a good mood now, so when Minho coming first holds out his hand he first does a high-five with Emelia and then Hannah too, but Taemin right after does not get a high-five by Hannah. Instead, she reaches out her tongue when avoiding his hand, laughing when hearing him laugh, Onew runs by everyone to get his position. Hannah is about to give Jonghyun a high-five but he saw what she did to Taemin and avoids her hand too, but touches her back instead.

Backstage, four people ask Hannah how she is feeling and if she is tired, but she ignores them to head to 5 Pieces’ room so she can ask her ladies to please stop glancing at her when they are on the stage.

“Oh, you noticed that?” Maria prettily flutters her eyelashes at Hannah. “No harm done, baby, we’re just keeping an eye on you.”

“I don’t want you to,” Hannah mutters.

Maria stops her pretty act as it doesn’t seem to work; Hannah is angry at them for not trusting her. Maria can understand that, so she just nods and says they won’t do it again. Carolina opens to say against Maria but Emelia throws her hand to cover the mascot’s mouth, to not put fuel to the fire.

Before she knows it Hannah is pushed by her stylist to change clothes. It is about twenty minutes before she will have to stand ready by the stage again, this time she will perform [You and me] with Taemin. She wear the same outfit that she wore at the SM Town concert in Seoul; a pair of white loose leather track pants and a black fitting cropped top under a loose white cropped top. The other ladies are changing in their own pace while Hannah leaves the room as soon as she is done, almost bumping into Krystal. They both apologize to each other at the sudden bump, but smiles seeing who it is and Krystal put an arm around Hannah.

“I’m in a hurry, sorry,” she quickly says in a small hug before hurrying away.

Krystal almost missed it when f(x) goes up on the stage for their performance, and Hannah reaches the stage in the middle of their performance.

EXO are the ones standing by the stage when Hannah comes there. She sits down on the chair Kangin had been using earlier, sitting on the side to not be in the way and she smiles seeing the juniors checking their clothes, microphones and practicing their performance. They are doing well, being so popular since debut but having to struggle one thing after the other.

Just as EXO are about to take on the stage does Taemin arrive, loudly cheering them on and as the boy-group head to the stage he spots Hannah sitting there on the side. Pointing and laughing, Taemin asks if she has been watching the pretty boys from the shadows, peeking at them. Someone else’s hand is put on his shoulder that makes Hannah smile.

“Hey, the only one she would ever peek at is standing right here,” Jonghyun warns Taemin and then winks at Hannah. She laughs, not saying against him but neither agreeing.

“Oh… I forgot that,” Taemin jokes.

Jonghyun and Taemin always seems to be so close; if they aren’t having the most serious discussion about music or life they will be teasing each other like little boys. Jonghyun takes a chair to sit next to Hannah while DBSK arrives; starting to prepare for their performance and Taemin is warming up for his too. Hannah talks to them all, relaxed now when she has been on the stage facing the audience one time, and she is certain that if her body stays good, she will be able to pull the concert off gallantly.

The calmness backstage for Hannah where she is sitting next to Jonghyun, her hand in is, is ruined when her doctor comes asking her for a check-up; just Hannah to do some movements for the doctor to see if she can both do it and if her body shows any signs of exhaustion yet. Her body is just fine.

Taemin has started his performance when Hannah returns, so she warms up and stands ready for her turn to join him. Idols come and go backstage where she is standing; some come to watch a bit closer while others wait for their turn on the stage. Kai just come and go for his appearance with Taemin on the stage. Hannah and Kai stood there together for about two minutes, not saying much as they were watching Taemin’s performance but cheering each other on before Kai went up for his turn. Emelia is by the stage before Hannah walks up too, BoA is there too as her stage is after Taemin’s.

With a microphone in her hand, Hannah is standing on the side watching Taemin starting off their song. He had thrown his jacket away before, now baring is upper-body like a young man showing off his body and he moves a few steps to the left as the new song begins. She head out to join him, seeing Taemin smile out at the audience when he hear her sing *yeah, we go-o crazy!*

The song is fun to perform, Hannah can move around and be silly while performing [You and me] with Taemin as long as she does the small dance moves now and then and keeps her position. Taemin is tired after performing [Danger] and [Pretty Boy], she knows he likes that this song isn’t another dance track but more of a club track. While Taemin is putting of a charismatic performance, moving around on heavy feet and looking cool, Hannah is smiling at the audience and moving along to the beat. It is a complete different performance from their rehearsal; Hannah and Taemin always play around on the stage, whether it is rehearsal or the actual live, but during rehearsal they both moved around lazily and weren’t doing the performance correctly. Now they are both performing with 110% passion, doing the performance the way it should.

The first day of SM Town’s concert in Tokyo goes just perfectly fine.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 04th: Carolina Makes Her Long Waited Solo Debut On Music Core With Two Tracks

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces’ Carolina Introduces Her Solo Mini-Album Colours For Recent Interview

Headline 04th: Carolina Received Supportive Messages From Friends For Her Solo Debut + Says 5 Pieces Gives Her Confidence To Go Solo

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias