Chapter 36

Youngest of Pieces: Girls Power (10)

“Woah…”

“What?”

Hannah leans against the table with her , resting on her left leg and holding out her hand to see what Taemin reacted on. He smiles when taking a step closer and turns the camera around to see the picture. He took a picture of Hannah from the side, her long purple hair looks messy and styled at the same time, you can only see the tip of her nose and her hand is in the hair but not the one closest to the camera, he focused on her hair but you can see the Coca Cola bottle behind and some other things.

“Yuck,” Hannah answers and Taemin laughs.

“I like it,” he says and looks at the picture another time. “If is how this to Maria she will make you upload it on SNS.”

“She wouldn’t do that,” Hannah says but Taemin looks like he knows Maria would do that.

The photo shoot for In Style magazine has been going surprisingly well with just Hannah and Taemin. It is for Taemin’s solo debut; with blonde hair and a growing image he is going for a bad boy image, and Hannah is his partner in crime. She loves the concept of the shoot and she is thankful for everyone’s patience with her leg.

“Maybe I’ll show it to Jonghyun Hyung,” Taemin then says, starting to walk away. “I wonder what he would do with it… maybe has it as the background on his cell phone-”

“Taemin!” Hannah whines and throws a hairbrush towards him, making him laugh and he is happily dancing weirdly because she can’t run after him.

“I’m so happy you hurt your leg, Hannah,” he laughs and then raises his hands, “in the way that you can’t run after me or hit me. That’s the only reason.”

“I can still hit you, Taemin,” Hannah warns him and he looks like a child smiling at her.

“But you can never catch me,” he teases and happily leaves the dressing-room.

Hannah gets ready for the next shoot, wearing a white suit with a thin black belt and the v-neck going far, far down and the necklines of the white jacket are in black so at first glance it seems she is having a tie around her neck hanging down.

Going to the set, she is the opposite colour of Taemin who is in black with a white tie nicely tied. Hannah is slowly walking uncomfortably to stand next to him by the plain gray-brown wall for the stylists to start spraying their hair to give off the wet look.

Hannah gives Taemin a glance.

“You look y,” she comments and when he smiles without looking at her she smiles too. They are both wearing rings, Hannah wear a bunch on one finger, then has a few thin ones spread out while Taemin has tiny ones at the edge of a few fingers. When he is done being sprayed Taemin moves, looking at Hannah to smile at her looking down to have her whole hair sprayed.

“You were joking, weren’t you? Do I look silly?” he asks and not just Hannah laughs at his offended tone; several staff members laugh too.

“You do look y, Taemin,” she tells him, “Especially with those rings.”

Taemin turns to the staff and holds up his hand for them to see, smiling widely when saying; “Hannah let me borrow these.”

“It’s not mine,” she comments, shrugging when the water hits her neck and the stylist apologizes while rubbing it in her hair.

“You’re supposed to wear it though,” he laughs, waving his arms happily and walking around a bit waiting for them to start.

“Are you restless?” Hannah giggles, seeing through her hair how he walks past her.

“Mm…”

The stylists get done and the photographer claps his hands for Taemin’s attention because he is too busy looking down with his head to look at Hannah through his wet blonde hair. He is silly when he is excited.

They are directed to take positions, standing up at first and it is really no difficult positions. Hannah is on Taemin’s left side, linking arms or having her arm resting on his shoulder; however they pose they look at the camera with pretty much identical face-expressions. The photographer praises them for that, for doing things together. Taemin puts his arm around Hannah while she puts her hands in her pockets to look relaxed, both of them looking relaxed, and she is happy her shoes have a simple heel; she fit being not too short next to Taemin. The photographer takes another picture and Taemin turns his head to look at Hannah, a picture is taken and she puts up her hand to hide her smile.

“Do I embarrass you?” he teases and Hannah slinks out of his arm with a laugh that turns into a whine and she hits him on the arm because her leg hurts when moving. Taemin just laughs and puts his arm on her shoulder to try focus on the shooting. Hannah holds on to her jacket and feel like a guy when looking at the camera with confidence, quickly in the emotion.

They do weird positions when standing back against back, but the photographer likes it.

Next up is sitting down. Taemin sits down on the floor with his back against the wall and he is smiling at Hannah when he leans forward to try help her sit down, giving out another comment about her painful leg and then they sit there next to each other, chatting while the photographer is preparing with the camera at hand. Hannah hits Taemin on the leg when he says a joke, and he looks so happy to have someone laugh at his joke. When he tells that to her, she just laugh more before a stylist sprays their hair and Taemin leans forward, laughing at her when the cold water goes to her roots, he asks the stylist to spray a little more at where he points and Hannah hits his hand away. He is in a great mood, and it is nice to see that after knowing how much he is worrying for his solo debut this week.

Hannah is on his right side this time, and the photographer is by Hannah’s feet to take a close-up on them first, the two models get serious and control their expressions.

“Don’t fall asleep,” Taemin whispers when Hannah leans her head on his shoulder.

“Oh my gosh,” Hannah whines for a second, waiting until the photographer pauses to check the pictures until she leans away to look at Taemin. “Could you please keep your comments to yourself?”

Happily he shakes his head and it makes her laugh.

Between the shoots he lets her listen to the songs for his album, waiting for her comments on each song, he lets her look through things from the practice-room and they talk about performing their duet [You and Me] at the SM Town concert. Taemin doesn’t force her, so he says if her leg is okay they can do it; well, SM has already decided they will do it together so whatever they say won’t change it but Hannah finds it cute he is still asking her if it is okay to do the song together.

They both seem to have fun chatting during the photo shoot, so it is sad when the shooting ends and they both head to practice for the SM Town concert and solo debut.

Now Hannah meets her members and their crew again, just to fall down in the practice-room, completely relieved and relaxed to see everyone being in great moods and talking about the Tokyo Dome concert. Even if Hannah hadn’t been able to finish the concert, everyone have brought unbelievable memories with them from that experience, and the first thing Carolina says to Hannah when sitting down on the floor is to tell her to never get hurt again (no one should ever get hurt) because it is awful missing a piece to the puzzle when performing.

“Carolina, we experienced the exact same thing last year when you got hurt during the Arena Tour,” Emelia reminds them and Carolina gapes, as if she hadn’t thought of that at all.

5 Pieces spends the day practicing; mostly for SM Town’s concert but also for their [You Thought Wrong Of Me] comeback this weekend. Everything is different because of Hannah. The songs chosen for the concert are just a lot of dance tracks; 5 Pieces’ intense songs like [Black & White], [Daze], [POWER UP] and even [Like That]. Hannah can’t do a thing at the moment, barely pulling through [You Thought Wrong Of Me] because she can’t stand still without having this uncomfortable expression in her face.

It doesn’t take long until they decide to practice without Hannah, to just have her sing her parts on the side and then if she can’t dance on Friday they will have to come up with a better solution to have her on the stage with them.

The day goes on like that, Hannah watching the others practice and only singing along, she is stretching her leg and her body, she is leaning against the wall thinking she might fall asleep and each time she knows Manager Lee will come tell her take the pain killers she sneaks away to the bathroom to hide for half an hour.

Coming back from the bathroom the third time, Manager Lee is standing right outside the bathroom and he looks just as angry as he had done the day before when Hannah said he would be happier working with Julia. Without a word he holds up the medicine jar they had received from the doctor, shaking it in his hands for her to hear the pills she hasn’t been taking and Hannah takes a step to the side.

“No,” he tells her, pointing a finger at her while holding the medicine jar in the same hand, “Don’t you move before you have taken this.”

“I’m not taking it,” Hannah grimaces, sounding as if she doesn’t need it.

“You have to take it if you want to get better,” Manager Lee calmly tells her.

“No, I don’t; that is painkillers. I’m not in any pain. So I don’t need them.”

“You want me to tell the others you are not doing as the doctor said?” Manager Lee lightly threatens.

Hannah whines. “I don’t have to take them if it doesn’t hurt,” she tells him. Her leg does hurt, all the time, but there is no way she will take a lot of painkillers to imagine it helps.

Her manager sighs and drops his arm on his side, and annoyed he puts his hand to his forehead. “You’re giving me a headache, Hannah,” he mutters.

“Then maybe you should take one,” Hannah suggest, taking another small step further away from him in the corridor but stops as soon as he looks up, staring at her with that angry look.

“Is this a joke to you?” he asks angrily and holds up the medicine jar. “You think we got these for me to chase after you every third hour and try to convince you to take them? How old are you, Hannah? Could you for once please do as you are told and stop running away from health?”

“I’m not running away,” Hannah frowns.

“Oh, really?” Manager Lee nods, his eyebrows raised and he is so annoyed that the whole floor might hear him soon. “You are not running away, you say? Then how come it has been four years and you haven’t told anyone about your memory problem since the car-accident? You think I don’t take notice of that, how you mess up colours and numbers all the time and pretend everything is fine by acting stupid instead?”

“It’s been four years, Oppa, it doesn’t matter anymore,” Hannah tells him in a serious tone; not liking that he brings this up. She had told him once when she had been at the hospital that she has memory problems at times since the car-accident, her doctor knows about it, and it is mostly about messing up colours so it isn’t a big deal anymore.

“It matters to them.”

“Don’t bring them into this,” Hannah growls as he points down the corridor. “The ladies would overreact if they knew and I don’t want them to worry like that. And if you now are so tired of me why don’t you ask to become someone else’s manager instead? I’m sure you would be much more comfortable working with Julia!”

He looks a bit taken back to have that brought up. “Julia has nothing to do with this.”

“You have been angry at everything every since then,” Hannah reminds him. “And I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to work with a person who isn’t me.”

“Is that what you think?” Manager Lee sounds shocked, his voice still loud. “You think any of this has to do with Julia? I have explained to you what happened that night, and no, I don’t want to work with anyone else. I’m not tired of you: I’m tired of your attitude. I can’t read your mind, Hannah; when you have had enough you need to say so. If you need to sleep, you tell me you need a place to sleep and I will get that for you. If you can’t handle the attention of fans running after you, you tell me and I fix it for you! I work my by your side and it pisses me off seeing you run around trying to please everyone but the second you close the door you fall apart! I’m always there, Hannah, I am the one blocking their view when you cry. It is not your members, not your boyfriend, not the agency – I am. And after two years I am sick and tired of seeing you give away your own wish to please others. You’re a role model and a world icon, not some legend in a fairy tale. Get rid of those thoughts and start believe in what you tell others, for sake!”

She is just staring at her manager while he has been throwing his hand and doing hand motions to his shouting. Her body is frozen at his words, and Manager Lee looks a bit surprised at his burst out too.

“The thing I try to say … is …” he breathes out, realising he has been rambling a lot of things he didn’t know he needed to say. “Ever since the first week I was assigned to work with you, it has been an honour. If you look at yourself the way your fans see you, there would be a confident and strong woman standing in front of me, not a girl hiding behind her name and image. And I will keep feeling honoured working with you, Hannah, because you do amazing things for amazing reasons, and even if I have to run around trying to get you to take these painkillers I don’t like my job less.”

Hannah opens , thinking she will say something or she will start crying, but she just looks at him.

“I don’t need your apology,” Manager Lee eventually tells her and steps forward to put the painkillers in her hand. “I’m giving you the responsibility for these. I am going home.”

Without a word she watches him leave, and when he disappears from the corridor her eyes tear up thinking through all the things he has said.

She has always appreciated having him there, he has gone through a lot with her and she has thanked him for that. Manager Kawayama had said it was Manager Lee who carried Hannah around at the concert; she remembers in her blur that her mind was going back on the stage while her body was being carried the other direction. He had carried her to the van without hesitation, asked her where she was hurt and he talked to her all the way to the hospital to make sure she was alright. He carried her inside the hospital too, and not once did he leave the room.

Hannah looks down at the painkillers in her hand, closing her eyes when the tears start falling and she is fast to wipe them away.

“Stupid,” she mutters, putting the medicine jar in her cardigan pocket to then get back to the others.

That night she barely gets any sleep again, too busy thinking through what her manager had said.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“I understand it is the life I live, but to have a complete stranger think I will accept being told in the middle of the street that my body is too hot to wear clothes, I would not hesitate to turn around and slap this stranger right across the face – because no one, absolutely no living person, should be spoken to like that. Not even my closest friends speak to me that way. And do you know why? Because they know I deserve as much respect as they ask for! If you would say that to me, I would slap you – that’s it.”

Maria is having another one of her feminist lectures to some in the crew when having a conversation about [You Thought Wrong Of Me] and responses online. Hannah has been listening with interest, having said not a single word but listening with passion to what the leader is saying. No one can comment without having Maria lecturing that comment, talking sense to everyone even if they all have the same thoughts. She is passionate about feminism, this leader of theirs.

It is the next day, Wednesday and D-2 before the SM Town concert. Hannah has kept an eye out to see Manager Lee all day, but he is nowhere to be seen. She wants to talk to him, not sure of what to say but after last night she has to say something to him. She hasn’t taken the new painkillers she were given, and that has nothing to do with rebelling or going against her manager; she doesn’t want to take painkillers, she has something against that after spending four years taking pills for her back. But she has to talk to him, to say something at least. But the problem is that her manager isn’t even here.

She sees Manager Kim by the door to the practice-room and in a rush she tries to get up; forgetting all about her leg and falling back down against the wall with a whine when the pain stings through her whole body. Those sitting next to her, including Maria sitting the closest, all turn to look at her, asking how she is doing and what happened while Hannah just grimaces and waves it off, grabbing her crutches to get up on her feet.

“Unnie,” Hannah calls out when reaching the door and Manager Kim was just about to leave after talking to the dance teacher.

Hannah slinks out the door to force a smile to the female manager, her leg is hurting badly now after the reckless move she did. “Hi, Hannah,” Manager Kim says, waiting for her to say what it is.

“Where is Ji Young Oppa? I haven’t’ seen him today.”

“Ji Young? It’s his day off. He will come pick you up tomorrow for your schedule,” Manager Kim answers and puts her hand on Hannah’s arm before walking away.

Hannah stands still for a bit, both to rest her leg and without knowing what to do now; she will have to wait until morning. Just as she is about to turn around on her crutches, a pair of arms are put around her from behind, softly a voice whispers in her ear and Hannah automatically leans her head back on her boyfriend.

“You are outshining those crutches,” Jonghyun flirts with the whisper in her ear, kissing her lovingly on the cheek.

Hannah might not have been much in a good mood this week, but to be embraced by Jonghyun really makes her feel warmer.

“Hi,” Hannah says, leaning to the side when Jonghyun leans over her shoulder to look at her face with a frown. “What?”

“Are you tired?” he asks, walking around her so he can use both his hands to take her hair out of her face, looking at her as if he is looking for something that’s wrong and Hannah knows she starts blushing right away. Hannah mumbles that she isn’t tired, trying to lean away but since her hands are holding her up with the crutches, she can’t even remove his hands from her face. “Did something happen? Is it your leg?”

“Jonghyun-”

“You sound different,” he explains with a bigger frown, which makes her smile and she tries to shake her head.

“I’m tired, that’s all,” she answers.

“You just said you aren’t tired,” Jonghyun mutters, that frown is making her giggle now. “Nabi, what’s troubling you?”

She pouts at how impossible her boyfriend is and Jonghyun seems to understand her pout too since he nods and says he wants to know what’s troubling her. He knows her too well; even just with her ‘hi’ he knew it was something. Hannah shakes her head again, saying she fought with her manager.

“Ji Young Hyung?” Jonghyun asks and a small silly smile is spotted in his face.

“It’s not funny,” Hannah mutters.

“All of you ladies fight with that one all the time, so it is funny,” Jonghyun answers but still puts his arms around her for a comforting hug, patting her on the back. “What did you do this time?”

She leans her head back to try look at him with a glare. “Who says it’s my fault?”

“When it comes to Ji Young Hyung, you are the stubborn one, remember? Every time you tell me something annoying about him, it is you who have overreacted, isn’t that what you say?”

It’s true. Whenever Hannah talks to Jonghyun about Manager Lee she ends up saying she didn’t want to do it in her manager’s way or that she was in a bad mood, but the truth in his words now is that it really is Hannah’s fault. Not entirely because Manager Lee was also bringing things up and he was smoking next to Tiger and he had drunken with Julia.

“It was actually his fault too,” Hannah mumbles and leans on Jonghyun’s shoulder, really uncomfortable standing there leaning on her crutches.

“It will be forgotten by tomorrow, don’t worry about it,” Jonghyun comforts her, not knowing what the fight is about and maybe thinking is something silly like it usually is and Hannah has no energy to explain it to him either so she just nods. “How is practice going?”

“Dreadful,” Emelia answers with a yawn when walking by them to get inside the practice-room, stopping by the door to turn around to look at them. “Hannah can’t even dance with her leg so it feels like we are going to dance without her for the concert, which none of us want; but health first so we are not letting Hannah dance.”

“I’m going to dance on Friday,” Hannah tells her and Emelia points at the youngest. Jonghyun lets go of Hannah, his arms still hanging on her shoulders but loosely for her to look at her friend.

“Not with that leg of yours,” Emelia concludes and Hannah pouts.

“Don’t get any ideas now,” Jonghyun playfully grabs Hannah’s hair, smiling when she just pouts some more. “Rest so you get better or I might have to carry you around on the stage on Friday.”

“Don’t you get any ideas now, Mr Hannah,” Emelia rolls her eyes, pushing herself against the door for some dancers to walk past. Both Jonghyun and the dancers laughs when hearing the rapper call the boyfriend for ‘Mr Hannah’ and Hannah just lowers her head out of embarrassment when Jonghyun kisses her hair, whispering the name he was called by, smiling at it.

Everyone head back to practice, the dancers bringing the name ‘Ms Hannah’ around in the room for everyone to know what Emelia just had called Kim Jonghyun and they are excited to call him that when everyone is at the concert. Hannah is certain her boyfriend will be teased so much, and hopefully she will not have anything to do with it besides from them using her name.

Most of the night, whether it be at practice or when they come home, Hannah keeps stretching and bending her leg, warming it up until she feels better but if she keeps her leg still for a minute it hurts to move it later. However she does it, her leg is not on the same page to get better. It is a good thing she has Tiger, and with the cute kitten getting more comfortable, she is running around in the hall while Hannah is lying on a yoga mat at the space outside Emelia’s bedroom; doing exercises and trying to make Tiger so comfortable that she will widen her playground to the living-room too. Tiger is adapting well in the house; Hannah’s room and the hall is her playground now, and Ace loves to just lie down by the wall to have Tiger jump around him. Ace has that kind of personality that he is superior, and he seems to love the attention he gets from Tiger. One time, Tiger had been running to the kitchen chasing after Ace, and then she hadn’t dared to leave the kitchen so Hannah had guided her back to the bedroom. But Hannah doesn’t keep her bedroom’s door open unless she is around, and not when sleeping either because she doesn’t want Ace to come inside Tiger’s private space without anyone knowing and for Tiger to not run away somewhere in the house.

“Hannah…” Maria starts to ask from the sofa, busy eating some wafers. “Have you really no opinion about these comments? I would’ve thrown a tantrum. Which you usually do too.”

“I don’t have the energy for it,” Hannah sighs.

“But it’s sick! Why are you the one to blame for this? Why do they think you are ‘aiming to take them all’? What does that even mean? Does any of this make any sense to you?”

“It doesn’t make any sense,” Emelia sighs, walking out of the kitchen with some cookies. Where these two get all things from, Hannah has no idea because their managers keep checking the kitchen for unhealthy foods – like cookies. “That’s the point with antis – they complain about a natural eye-colour because they need to complain about something.”

Hannah is at the moment being threatened by Taemin’s fans, maybe SHINee fans overall. Why? Because she is singing in Taemin’s song, which according to Taemin is Hannah’s song that he stole from her and to pay for it he lets her sing in it. That was one reason he said when he and Hannah did the photo shoot. But the point is that Hannah is said to be trying to take SHINee or something since Jonghyun is her boyfriend and she is now singing one song with Taemin. Hannah is super upset and sad and scared over the antis attacking her online but her whole body and mind is already feeling so low that just smiling at Tiger seems a bit forced.

“Mr Hannah wants us to keep an eye on our baby,” Maria points out to Emelia, who can’t help but to smile at the new nickname they have given Jonghyun. “He seems worried she won’t talk to him because it is his fans.”

“He worries too much,” Emelia comments, taking her seat in the sofa; “Hannah is only pissed off because of her leg, the rest is nothing for her now because we tell her she can’t perform with us-”

“I am right here,” Hannah interrupts after hearing them talk about her as if she wasn’t.

Maria leans forward to see Hannah on the mat behind Emelia. “We know that, baby, but the grown-ups need to talk,” Maria says and smiles when Hannah whines. “Hannah, are you going to watch Sleepy Hollow with us or not?”

“You’re re-watching the first season,” Hannah points out and the leader looks at her, still waiting to have her answer. “I’m right here, Maria, play it and I will see it from here.”

“Hey, don’t get mad at me for being polite,” Maria grimaces at her then points at Emelia to play though Maria has the remote control next to her. Emelia sighs and grabs it to play the TV program and Hannah turns her focus back at Tiger.

“She likes your shoes, Maria,” Hannah smiles and Maria is flying up from the sofa to run to the hall scolding Tiger, just to turn straight around and kick towards Hannah, scolding the youngest instead as Hannah had completely tricked her because Tiger is playing with the shoelaces of Hannah’s shoes. Hannah laughs happily for tricking her and when Maria goes back to the sofa Hannah goes to sit down in the hall and bring Tiger with her by shaking a toy.

The ladies watches three episodes of Sleepy Hollow before going to bed, to be rested in the morning – which is in a few hours – when they will spend Thursday rehearsing for Friday’s SM Town concert and pre-record for next week’s M Countdown.

In the morning 5 Pieces pre-records next week’s performance of [You Thought Wrong Of Me] for Mnet M Countdown. It’s okay; it’s really a good recording for both Hannah’s leg and the team. A very smooth recording. Hannah had been super worried that her leg would cause problem, which she is terrified for the rehearsals too, but even in boots the recording goes well for her; [You Thought Wrong Of Me] isn’t a dance track but it is a passionate performance, and Hannah is very happy over the result of their recording. The ladies are talking about tomorrow’s concert when heading for the rehearsals, as depending on Hannah’s leg they will have to modify their performances. Carolina pats Hannah on the arm seeing the youngest grimacing and pouting over the conversation.

“We’ll make the stage rock like always,” Maria praises them all, already sitting ready to get out as they are entering the concert area. “Whoa, so many people…”

Even when passing security with the van, the fans of SM Town are screaming and jumping, waving towards the van as it seems like they know who is sitting in it.

One by one the ladies get out of the car. Hannah is not using her crutches when fans are seeing, so she is getting out of the van like a snail, focusing on her whole body of how to get out and she has Maria standing in front of her, looking at her phone but ready if Hannah needs her.

“This is not fun,” Hannah mutters when groaning as she puts down her leg on the ground.

After sitting down in the van for a while it is not comfortable to stretch her leg out and Maria takes her arm to walk together, ignoring Hannah’s comment to instead talk about something else, and Hannah is actually thankful for Maria being there because Maria is walking super slow and talking; having the perfect cover to those watching that they are in no hurry at all which is why they walk so slowly.

The van’s door is shut behind them with Julia coming last and Emelia is quickly inside the building they are walking towards.

“And then it was this funny thing,” Maria tells Hannah in a low smiling voice, but she stops and holds on to Hannah’s arm tightly. Hannah looks at her, hearing the same thing:

In the middle of fans calling out ‘5 Pieces’ and ‘good luck’, there is a voice that calls out two times ‘cheater!’. The one word gets several responses from others around and a hand on the ladies’ back is telling them to hurry up. Trying to look like she walks normal is not working when they walk faster so Hannah sighs before limping inside the building. Maria shouts out of fury once they are inside, she lets go of Hannah to go shout in the corridor and no one is stopping her. Manager Lee gets the crutches for Hannah, so the youngest can rest her leg a bit, but she stops halfway through the first corridor and turns to the wall, leaning against it and with the crutches she is really facing the wall. To be called a ‘cheater’ can be many things; cheating on Jonghyun, cheating on her members, cheating on her fans… They all know it was directed to Hannah, it’s so obvious that Maria is furious and from a distance Hannah can hear Maria shouting at someone that she wants to go back out there and tell that person to curse at them. Maria is also sensitive, especially when people attack her friends.

“You okay?” Manager Lee puts a hand on Hannah’s shoulder.

She hasn’t even apologized to him for the other day; when getting in the car in the morning he was like nothing had happened and after that it hasn’t really been time for it. Not now either. Hannah’s leg is stiff and it hurts, and her heart is aching. When she went to bed last night she had read a few comments online, someone had written ‘5 Pieces won’t win on music programs with their new song because of Hannah, it is all because of her they will loose their popularity’. Somehow it breaks through her that she will really ruin everything with the ladies and it takes all strength to not fall down and cry right here in the corridor.

“Hannah?” Julia asks a few meters in front of them.

“I’m okay,” she whispers, behind her knees lightly, sounding annoyed and Julia tells the manager to leave her alone. Hannah hears them leave but she doesn’t move other than bending her knees a bit more.

She can have be there for seconds or minutes before she hear sounds in the corridor and Hannah looks to her right, locks of her hair in the way but she can recognize Emelia everywhere.

“Stop thinking so much,” Emelia says, leaning against the wall next to Hannah. She sighs. “I heard what they said – everyone knows thanks to Maria’s outburst – but you need to know, Hannah, its bull.”

“I know…”

“Antis are like that. They are jealous,” Emelia mutters.

Hannah closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. “My leg hurts.”

“No one is forcing you to be here.”

“I have to be here,” she whispers.

“No, you don’t,” Emelia whispers back. “You’re hurt and in pain. Stop thinking about the rest of us, Hannah, you know we can handle a concert. Maybe people need a reminder to why we can’t finish the puzzle without one piece.”

“I’m not leaving,” Hannah mutters, pouting when holding back her tears.

“Can you walk to the room?” Emelia asks.

Hannah’s answer is by leaning away from the door, slowly moving, exhausted already by holding on to the crutches. Emelia walks with her, hands in her pocket and she says in a low voice that Maria almost pushed Donghae for asking what she was talking about.

“We got each other’s back, Hannah, like it has been for the past ten years,” Emelia says. “So don’t let anyone push you down.”

She is still annoyed, angry even, but she is sad for what Emelia is saying because Hannah wants to perform with them but Emelia is saying all these crazy things that are just making her mind a big mess.

“Oooooh!” Taemin looks all excited seeing them and Hannah honestly just sighs at his excitement, his eyes falls on her crutches. “Do you still need them, friend? I thought we were going to run on the stage today.”

“We’ll do that tomorrow,” Hannah answers and Emelia gives her a glance.

“Great,” Taemin smiles widely, glancing at Emelia. Though it is a quick glance, Hannah sees it and she looks at Emelia too. It’s not the smiling glance Taemin gave her.

“Oh come on, stop it,” Hannah sighs and stumbles past them, tired of everyone and everything.

“What?” Taemin asks in a light tone and steps to the side when Hannah gives him a glare, and he gapes at Emelia when Hannah leaves. “Did Hannah just glare at me…?”

His playful sister actually glared at him, a real glare, which is not something Taemin tends to receive. Emelia just puts her arm around Taemin to walk together to the others, just to part ways when Emelia sees Hannah has sat down in 5 Pieces’ dressing-room.

“Uh…!” Emelia loudly breathes out when sitting down next to Hannah. “What are we doing ‘til practice starts?”

Hannah pushes her crutches on the floor and leans on the side, not interested in talking.

“And in here we are being happy,” Jonghyun enters the room, taking in the sight before walking straight over at Hannah who mutters she is not in the mood while covering her face with her hands. Jonghyun ignores her words and leans over Hannah to remove her hands and with one goal he gives her a hard kiss. Emelia gives out a surprised chuckle and laughs when Jonghyun holds on to the kiss. His solution to Hannah’s bad mood is doing something she can handle doing with her leg hurt.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Wrote A Song For Taemin’s Solo Debut

 

Headline 13th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Has Written & Participated In One Song For Taemin’s Solo Album

Headline 13th: Julia Shares Cute Picture With 5 Pieces’ Puppies

Headline 13th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Threatened By SHINee’s Fan-Club For Featuring In Taemin’s Album

 

Headline 14th: Short Audio Teaser For Taemin’s [You and Me] Featuring Hannah Is Revealed

Headline 14th: A Fan Of SHINee Screams “Cheater” To 5 Pieces’ Hannah On The Street!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias