Chapter 37

Youngest of Pieces: Girls Power (10)

“We’re starting the music now, are we ready?”

“Yes,” Hannah answers lightly in the microphone, not heard because Taemin is heard just perfectly loud.

“A little louder, Hannah,” the director says from in front of SM Town’s brilliant stage.

“Yes,” Hannah answers in a normal tone, then smiles when Taemin jokingly asks her to do it a bit louder again. “Yes!”

Taemin chuckles from the centre of the stage and Hannah is moving her feet from the side where she is standing. The rehearsals have gone pretty well; Hannah has been on crutches or slowly walking around, the more she uses her leg the easier it is, but for [You and Me] she is supposed to be jumping so the rehearsals for that are super stiff but if she continues like this she will be able to perform without too much trouble tomorrow. And the rain makes the stage slippery so the staff has been telling everyone to be careful during the day’s rehearsals – not because it seems to stop many from running around on the stage.

The rehearsals for tomorrow’s concert are quickly going through, Hannah has no fights with anyone though her mood is up and down because whenever she is rehearsing with the members she is told to be at the side, to go up at this time of the song and then quietly go to the side again. It’s annoying to have her leg hurt, and she keeps telling everyone during the day that it will be just fine tomorrow but no one seems to want to take the risk of having her do full choreographies for all the songs. It’s childish of them to say that but because there is a doctor present who has given his diagnose on Hannah’s leg, Hannah really has nothing to say that can convince anyone of anything. So she will have to do her parts without complaints.

Whether it is on the stage or backstage, the day passes by quickly with juniors and seniors playing online games and eating together, chatting and catching up or running to not miss their rehearsal.

As soon as it ends the ladies head home, both to be with their pets and to have a meeting with Manager Lim about tomorrow’s interviews and the antis attacking Hannah.

They are told to ignore the antis and just continue; SM wants Hannah to be in a backstage picture with Kai and Taemin – they are actually being told to take a picture together, to let people know they are friends and don’t care about the current jealousy. Hannah’s idea was the opposite; stay in the shadows and pretend she doesn’t know anyone, just to let the hate calm a bit even though she will do the performance. She can’t understand how much hate so many stranger can put to one person just because of a song; no one reacted the same way towards Jonghyun for writing [Pretty Boy] or hating on Kai for rapping in it. Her treatment is different because she is a girl – no one is jealous of the same- friendship because obviously it would just be fun imagination that they would be more than just friends, instead they attack the only girl who already has a boyfriend.

That night Hannah can’t sleep again. She is turning back and forth, playing with Tiger and looking at her cell phone and she is stretching her leg and considering taking painkillers for the concert.

It isn’t that it hurts less; the swollen has eased a lot, but the pain is still there in every movement. Hannah is just the one who gets used to the pain unless it is extreme or sudden, so with a constant pain in her leg she gets used to it if she keeps using her leg; that’s why rehearsals got better and better during the day because she kept moving around. In the midst of all thoughts she thinks of the kiss Jonghyun had given her. Out of nowhere, he just came and kissed her. She hasn’t dared to ask why, if he knew she was so damn upset or if he just felt for it. His words “it’s for good luck” that he had said afterwards could mean a lot of things. She is grateful for it though; he put her thoughts somewhere else and that felt really nice. Closing her eyes again to get rid of depressing thoughts, Hannah gets to sleep a few hours before she is woken up.

Friday morning, 5 Pieces’ day begins early to pre-record their performance for today’s Music Bank.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“It is all about the visual,” Maria says while looking at the full-mirror reflection of herself.

Her legs look tall and beautiful in a pair of black leather boots with rubber sole and heel, the same pair that the other ladies are wearing. 5 Pieces are matching in their leather skirts as well, but with different tops they come off as individual visuals of the team. Maria rocks the white Mickey Mouse t-shirt tugged inside the skirt, filling her neck with heavy and short chain-necklaces and matching big earrings. Her long bob hairstyle is lightly wavy, different from how she has had it so far but it is glorious and with red lipstick, marked eyebrows and her usual way to wear anything, Maria looks like a true diva fashionistas.

She smiles when hearing someone agreeing and she looks at her side, at the corridor she is standing in, and her smile grows at SHINee’s Minho having the same silly smile looking at her. He clears his throat and adds another ‘mm’ to agree with her once again and Maria looks back at the mirror leaning against the wall outside 5 Pieces’ dressing-room.

“However much I love having you stand there and admire me, shouldn’t you focus on beating me on the game? I am still first, you know,” Maria tells him and Minho gives out a forced laugh, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I can easily beat you when you’re out there performing, no need for me to rush it,” he says, filled with confidence about the online game they have been playing.

Maria just looks at him through the mirror, her expression asking if he is sure of it, and Minho’s smile just grows looking at her.

“And I’m not admiring you,” he adds a bit late, which makes her laugh.

“Yeah, sure,” Maria raises her eyebrows quickly for him before walking inside the room to put on a ring.

Minho stands by the door, still smiling at Maria’s confidence. He chuckles when seeing Jonghyun sit on a chair further in the room, sitting leaned forward to cuddle with Tiger who he has put on the table.

Hannah is standing by the make-up table, getting ready the last minutes before they will head to the stage. Both Maria and Julia have performed on the stage already; Maria performed her solo song from last year called [A Better Day] which she sang with EXO’s Chanyeol and a special appearance by Minho, while Julia performed a cover of the English song [Never Had A Dream Come True] with SNSD’s Jessica and f(x)’s Krystal. 5 Pieces haven’t made their first appearance yet, and according to online comments fans are asking if Hannah is even going to perform because everyone seems to have noticed she is still not walking correctly. A comment had said they had seen her at the concert venue during the day but she is still injured so she will not perform, though it is still said she will perform the new song with Taemin – fans must be so confused.

The top Hannah wears is a white sleeveless top with deep sides to reveal the wide black sport-bra styled bra she is wearing. This top is tugged inside the skirt by her waist and she is wearing shorts underneath and over-the-knee black socks to hide the knee pad on her right leg. She is also putting on some bracelets and rings on her fingers by the table and when the stylist says she is good she walks over to Jonghyun to sit down on the chair next to his.

Jonghyun leans back right away when she sits down, noticing Tiger turning her focus to Hannah a meter away.

“She is really attached to you,” he comments with a slight dislike, poking the kitten on the cheek to try getting her attention.

Hannah smiles and without a word she leans her hand out to the kitten that right away rolls around on her back and stretches out her paw towards Hannah as if they are going to play. Jonghyun gives out a chuckle, places one hand on Hannah’s back while seeing her take the blanket on the table so she can have Tiger in her lap.

The ladies are all ready for the performance, so when they are told to go to the stage they can leave the room without a hurry. Having a concert with SM Town gives you that; tons of time to rest backstage. During the day the ladies have been busy with interviews for a TV program and other things, but since the concert began it is almost thirty songs before now when it finally is their turn – that is sick. The concert is super long so it is good they have good company backstage with both the other idols and then their staff, and Tiger is always fun to be with – at least for Hannah because for some reason Tiger is not as attached to anyone else. In one way Hannah likes it, but no one else likes that Tiger doesn’t want to be carried by them.

Before leaving the room Hannah puts Tiger back in her own space in the room, making sure Jonghyun knows to not annoy the kitten, and Jonghyun just smiles leaving the room with them. Minho, who had been talking some more with Maria and also Emelia by the door, follows them a bit as well before wishing them luck.

Hannah walks three times slower than the others, warming up her leg some more while going to the stage and she is again focusing on walking straight; turning her foot too much hurts her leg.

“Let’s have fun, magnae!” Carolina jumps up next to Hannah, already bouncing in excitement for the performance. She had been singing nonstop in the dressing-room, frightening Tiger a few times when suddenly giving out a loud tone out of nowhere, but Carolina is excited and she has been running around from room to room for a few hours asking if people are ready for the stage. Siwon and Eunhyuk even came by 5 Pieces’ room to ask if they can’t keep their mascot in leash because she is going crazily pumped up for the concert. She wasn’t the only one though, so there was no need to put a leash on her; she had a blast with Amber and some others for a while there.

“Mhm,” Hannah nods with a huge smile agreeing to what their mascot said and Carolina laughs, really sounding crazy.

It is still bright outside, the sun is slowly setting this early evening, but the audience is heard to be having a blast. When getting ready behind the stage, the ladies are singing along or watching their juniors on the stage; EXO is performing. Hannah puts on the leather jacket and waits for their turn.

Just the five of them, 5 Pieces put their hands together for a cheer, looking at each other in black leather skirts and white tops, they look charismatic and Maria makes sure she gives each lady a compliment and adding that Hannah might be slightly hurt but they all should do their best to not overdo it and take it calmly because the fans are already so pumped up and ready for them, and then they shout out their usual cheer.

EXO ends their performance of [Growl] out on the extra stage, and they start running back to the main stage to get off. At the same time, 5 Pieces are walking up for their turn. Passing each other, Hannah applauses quietly to their popular juniors and Emelia in front of her gives Sehun a high-five, which follows by giving as many of them a high five as she manages and when Kai passes Emelia he raises his hand again to Hannah, but she is too slow to react so she turns around as if realising he meant it for her and she laughs seeing Kai also turning around, both of them taking a step back to give a high-five before Kai bows and runs off the stage: Hannah goes to take her position, she hadn’t even heard the crowd roaring by the sight of 5 Pieces.

The first song is a remix of [Moon Child] and [Original], the ladies starting the performance while the audience is screaming out their name and really, really screaming. The two songs are suited for the black outfits and have a charismatic, dark concept about them, and the rock feeling is clearly heard in the remix as the ladies doesn’t dance as much but rather just have fun with their fans, doing parts of the choreographies. It is a good song for Hannah, as it means she doesn’t have to hectically move.

Finishing the remix performance, it is their greetings. While Maria walks to the front to grab a bottle of water, Carolina asking the audience if they are having fun at the SM Town’s concert; Hannah takes off her leather jacket to throw it to the side, knowing for sure she would be drowning in sweat if she wore it for another performance, but instead of sweating she blushes at the fans pointing and screaming at her.

She takes her position with the ladies at the centre of the main stage.

“Should we say our greeting?” Maria asks in the microphone, looking at the ladies and sees Emelia lower the bottle she drank from. They nods and bring the microphones to their lips. “Pieces of one-”

“Hello, we are 5 Pieces!”

Hannah bends forward in a bow and when standing back up she has her hand by her forehead, taking her hair away from her face when looking at the crowded outdoor stadium.

“Hello everyone, I am 5 Pieces’ Maria. I hope you are having a blast with SM Town this evening, we have so much more prepared for you so keep your seats and continue having fun! I also want to remind you of 5 Pieces’ third tour GIRLS POWER that is going to be around Asia; we are going to be in Seoul on August 28, 29 and 30, it will be fun to meet there!” Maria greets and politely, quickly bows down another time; she got help by Emelia with the dates.

“Hi!!” Carolina passionately and happily greets, waving her hand brightly. “I’m 5 Pieces’ mascot aka Carolina, nice to meet you all again!!”

“I am 5 Pieces’ Hannah, nice to meet you,” Hannah simply greets with a bow.

Emelia looks at her when it isn’t anything more and she looks a bit taken back before giving her greeting; “Wazzup Seoul! I’m Emelia! It is always fun performing on stage with SM Town so thank you all for coming and let’s create the best stage together!” And she adds in English; “As Maria just said, we just started our third tour called GIRLS POWER and on August 28, 28 and 30 we will be here in Seoul. More dates and locations for the tour can you find on the homepage. Thank you!”

“And I am 5 Pieces’ Julia, hello everyone,” Julia smiles and waves, giving off a small laugh. “We got more in store for you, so let’s move straight into the next song, shall we? This is a new song, please enjoy.”

There are staff hurrying up on the stage, handing out microphone stands for the ladies, and the audience is cheering right away at the sight of the stands. Hannah wonders if they know it is [You Thought Wrong Of Me] or if they think it is [I’m Over You] from earlier this year; the only two songs 5 Pieces uses microphone stands for. The ladies take their positions with the screaming of the large SM Town audience, and Maria starts to sing their song with the smiles on their faces gone and they focus on performing their newest song with the best charismatic and telling expressions in voices, faces and movements. Hannah can’t stop with her foot, barely move her leg in the motion of it, but other than that it goes brilliant because the song doesn’t have any choreography.

[You Thought Wrong Of Me] might receive a lot of mixed reactions because it is a feministic song, but you can’t notice that now; the whole stadium is cheering along with the song, bluntly screaming are heard from both boys and girls, names are chanted out and they sing along with the lyrics as if they want to sing the song to someone too. During Hannah’s chorus she is supposed to sit down on her knees, but that is just impossible with her knee and they even practiced for her to just sing it passionately; which she does, singing straight to the audience.

The third song is [Black & White], the intense song with an intense choreography that makes Hannah glance at her members out of worry before they begin the performance.

As soon as she starts dancing her leg twists slightly and she swallows, trying to hold her expression and without hesitation she is moving with the others, dancing to [Black & White]. She can get through it. For Hannah’s first part, a part that was well spoken of when this song came out and was promoted; Hannah’s side-kick and punch, she can’t do the side-kick but she does the punches and she can hear disappointment in the crowd, understanding that they had looked forward to the kick.

She keeps thinking of it through the performance. Of the pain in her leg when dancing, of not doing the side-kick which she was told she can not do and she isn’t that stupid that she goes that far. She is happy she is in a group though; her members do brilliantly, just perfectly well, hiding Hannah’s flaws.

The song ends and they head off the stage.

Hannah wants to go cry in a corner, knowing she will receive more hate for not doing that side-kick; maybe people will say she has an attitude and didn’t do it because she didn’t want to, that she is pulling down the team…

It is about 25 minutes to their next time on stage, so they are in quite the hurry to go change clothes. Manager Lim asks Hannah right away about her leg and the doctor is waiting in their room when the ladies come, and Hannah just says it is like usually.

She sits down with the doctor bending down by her leg, a fan blowing next to her face and the room in voices talking about the performance, the audience, the outfits and the next outfit.

“It’s sore but no difference from before,” the doctor concludes after a minute of pressuring and bending, not seeing Hannah’s grimaces.

“It won’t get worse, right?” Manager Lim asks with a frown stuck in his forehead. He is leaning against the table, arms crossed over his chest and he has been watching the doctor and Hannah with worry.

“I don’t think it will get worse, no,” the doctor answers and gets up. “But because it is sore after the performance I think it is unwise to dance so much-”

He continues to talk but all Hannah knows is that she is staring at her manager with begging shooting through her eyes at him; he can not tell her to not do this. She has to perform with Taemin; she has promised him she is okay to perform with him. And there are more performances with the ladies. Looking over to them, she sees Emelia is listening to what the doctor is saying and Hannah can feel the tears wanting to come out. She hates her injury. She hates it so much. After the car-accident she wasn’t able to perform with them either, even a year after the accident she was unable to perform for the SM Town concert – she doesn’t want a tiny injury like this hold her back this time.

“Can you do it?”

Hannah looks up, seeing that Maria too has been listening. She is holding a chocolate bar in her hand, to keep her energy up.

“Can you perform with us?” Maria repeats seeing Hannah’s confusion.

“Health before pride, Hannah, we have talked about that,” Emelia adds in a low voice.

“I can do it,” Hannah answers in a low voice.

“Don’t force yourself if it hurts too much,” Maria adds.

She frowns. “You don’t want me to perform with you?”

Manager Lim senses it right away and thanks the doctor while sending him out, letting Maria take a chair to sit in front of Hannah.

“We want to perform with you, of course, baby,” Maria says with the kind of voice Hannah knows is speaking the truth. Maria always speaks the truth. “But if you are hurt we don’t want you to feel you will turn us down if you can’t perform with us. We understand if you feel you can’t do it.”

“I can do it.”

“Hannah-”

“I can do it,” Hannah repeats in a harder tone, staring at her friend. She knows they mean well, she understands them as they understands her, but she can perform. It’s not like 5 Pieces’ concert where they will perform for three hours; for the rest of the concert they will perform one song and then go backstage, so she can rest during the intervals.

Without further explanations, Maria nods and leaves it with that. Emelia reminds Hannah she can get off the stage if it gets too much, and Hannah nods before going to change clothes.

She keeps the over-the-knee socks, changing into soft pumps matching with the navy blue colour as the lace dress with sheer midriff detail. The ladies add simple diamond jewellery, like a simple bracelet or two. And then they head back to the stage, ready for [I Want a Man].

The crowd is ready too; they sing through the whole song with 5 Pieces, screaming loudly at the high notes and 5 Pieces are swiftly moving to the back-in-time track. Thanks to the swift movements for the song, it is easier for Hannah to perform and she can manage to smile – which she finds great. So when the fireworks goes on for Maria’s flawless high note, Hannah has no problem at all enjoying her own part next during the ending of the song where she has her high notes and adlibs for the others circulating around her singing the chorus; she is smiling at her members and the audience while singing, moving to the rhythm, though she is a little stiff at the last chorus with the other members because she got a little to excited at her own high note.

It is less time to get ready this round but the outfits for [Like That] are simple and they are in sneakers so moving from location A to location B is no trouble at all unless your name is Hannah, but the lucky part is that she started to go to the stage before the others so no one is there to tell her she is slow.

It had gotten dark for [I Want a Man], so the stage now is lightened up to be seen clearly. The lights starts shimmering for 5 Pieces’ next performance, the audio counts *1…* and it doesn’t reach further than that before the audience starts to scream, either hearing it is Emelia’s voice or knowing it is 5 Pieces’ [Like That]. *2…* and the audience counts along *3… 4… 5 Pieces*

The music turns on and 5 Pieces comes up on the stage with a bunch of people, children and dancers joins up on the stage to dance. Hannah is there for her verse, and then slinks off the stage to wait for the second chorus where she will make her appearance again. This song is definitely a tricky one to do if you have hurt your leg, so even when waiting to go back out she is practicing the choreography to make sure she can do it. Getting back up behind the others she steps forward to do the chorus, mostly singing rather than dancing and it is completely fine because the stage is filled with dancing people and the audience with standing seats are moving along so it probably isn’t noticed that one person isn’t as passionate in the dancing; and the same person is the one singing, so maybe it isn’t noticed at all. The thought of that makes it funny for Hannah to perform. Carolina keeps cheering at the audience to dance, to follow and so on, making the audience scream so loudly and the ladies are laughing.

Getting off the stage this time, Hannah is the next lady to take on the stage – it is finally turn with [You and Me].

She calms down a bit from [Like That] before pulling on a pair of white loose leather track pants, a black fitting cropped top under a loose white cropped top; the black one is to not show too much of her stomach though it is quite obvious in the two cropped tops that she will so she is actually doing sit-ups waiting for her turn on the stage, laughing when members of Super Junior and Jonghyun are teasing her.

Taemin is performing his solo songs. Hannah is waiting for her turn next to the stage while he finishes performing [Pretty Boy] with Kai. Taemin is in leather pants and leather jacket with a bare chest; Hannah’s white outfit is to contrast him, their concept for [You and Me]. But she is so nervous that she turns around and stares down at some staff, shaking her head when they ask if there is something wrong. She turns back around, leans forward to see the cool performance and she wonders what the heck she is supposed to go up there and do. While staying amazed at Taemin and Kai’s performance she is warming up her leg, feeling nervousness to perform with Taemin.

They have performed before; back in 2009 they did some stage together with their groups and then he played the piano for Hannah’s solo song [I CRY], but it is different because this is the two of them doing Taemin’s song. It might sound silly but she has a bigger pressure performing for someone else, and she really wants to do well for him.

A staff is motioning for Hannah to prepare herself and she gets terrified someone might scream at her to get off the stage. When 5 Pieces debuted, antis were even throwing things up on the stage during their performance.

Taemin is taking a few breaths over at the other side of the main stage when the music starts to play. The music at first is so low, almost like a heart beating before more sounds are put in and Taemin smiles out at his fans when they start to cheer, and he is ready when his part comes. Hannah starts walking, slowly to the beat, maybe staying a little too close to the back of the stage because Taemin looks over his shoulder to see if she even is there.

[Taemin] *There ain’t a reason you and me should stay at home

Oh, so crazy!

[Hannah] Yeah, we go-o crazy!

[Taemin] I got a reason that you and me should head out tonight*

The moment Hannah sings her short part in the middle of his, Taemin shoots out a smile. She realises he had actually been nervous too, only to ease up when hearing them both singing well live; though it is just the first verse. He finishes his verse and points over at Hannah, them both standing at the front of their own half of the main stage. Hannah smiles out over the audience seeing how excited he is, and she sees the fans in front of her standing up and waving their hands while cheering, boosting her own confidence as she sings her verse risky but cool from .

[Hannah] *I don’t need someone to tell me if it’s right or wrong

[Taemin] Oh, so crazy!

[Hannah] Yeah, we go-o crazy!

Right on the edge of the cliff where we both belong tonight*

Hannah continues with the next verse, slowly to her lyrics while the beat is up-beat she starts walking to the left where Taemin is and he starts walking to the right;

*I want to feel the wind, my heart will beat so fast

[Taemin] I want to go right through, a dangerous ride with you

So we can know we’re still alive~!*

For the last verse they bounce past each other, doing a high-five that goes around down for a low-five, doing it almost perfectly while passing each other and Taemin’s high note ends the verse for the perfect club chorus with them both bouncing and singing out to the audience. Hannah is bouncing on her left leg while singing.

[CHORUS, Both] *It’s YOU AND ME!

Together tonight

And we are testing our love tonight

It’s YOU AND ME!

Together tonight

And we are testing our love tonight*

 

[POST-CHORUS, Both] *Ooh, there is no other way

Just you and me, we’ll go through this day

Baby, it is you and me tonight!

Ooh, there is no other way

Just you and me, we’ll head through the day

We’re on the right road, baby, it’s you and me tonight*

*Move your feet now to the beat, - That’s right, move them to the beat – That’s right, move them to the beat*

Hannah throws her hair back and forth with a smile while bouncing left to right, trying her best to do the choreography with her leg and she smiles over at Taemin who also is having fun. Hannah takes another step forward, starting the verse;

[Hannah] *Give away a kiss before we reach the other side

Oh, so crazy!

[Taemin] Yeah, we go-o crazy!

[Hannah] I got a reason that you and me should head out tonight ([Taemin] that’s right, alright!)*

With two fingers she gives a kiss by her lips, smiling at the fans in front of her going crazy (someone even pretends to faint with a hand on his forehead) and she brightly sings ‘oh, so crazy’ when starting to head to the centre to have Taemin follow it up with the lyrics and to meet her halfway. Hannah moved her microphone to the left hand to sing the last line of the verse while linking her arm with Taemin and giving out her eye-smile over the audience before letting him go. This was actually Taemin’s idea when they did the rehearsals; to link arms. He continues with the next verse with them both standing about a meter away from each other and dancing lightly to the beat;

[Taemin] *Put on the sound ‘cause I’ll be dancing to the beat

[Hannah] Oh, so crazy!

[Taemin] Yeah, we go-o crazy!

And there is no stop until we are set on flames tonight ([Hannah] that’s right, alright!)*

With a hand in the air she shouts out ‘that’s right, alright’, the next part is Taemin’s and he shows with his hand for Hannah to walk with him and they together start walking to the roar of fans out to the extra stage while singing;

*I want to feel the wind, my heart will beat so fast

[Hannah] I want to go right through, a dangerous ride with you

So we can know we’re still alive~!*

Taemin smiles at the audience and at Hannah when she sings, and she smiles back at him when singing ‘a dangerous ride with you’ before they both start to hurry their steps and she is almost cheering out the lyrics when taking a twirl to the left and they both rushes out on the extra stage to get the audience more pumped up while singing the chorus;

[CHORUS, Both] *It’s YOU AND ME!

Together tonight

And we are testing our love tonight

It’s YOU AND ME!

Together tonight

And we are testing our love tonight*

 

[POST-CHORUS, Taemin] *Ooh, there is no other way

Just you and me, we’ll go through this day

Baby, it is you and me tonight

Ooh, there is no other way

Just you and me, we’ll head through the day

We’re on the right road, baby, it’s you and me tonight*

The song has been cut off for the performance, mostly because Taemin has performed three songs already so he requested a shorter version but also because the agency said they should not do the whole song. So the post-chorus is not sung live by Taemin, but instead the music is slowly smoothing down to show it is the end and during the whole part Taemin turns his back to the audience, holds out his arm gracefully for Hannah to link it and together they walk back to the main stage, turns around and holding hands when bowing two times and then waves while heading off the stage for the last sentence.

Taemin laughs in exhaustion when they are off the main stage and Hannah smiles when she turns around to look at him.

“Thank you,” Taemin smiles at her, rubbing his hand on her back and they carefully walk down the stairs, leaving their microphones.

They have just gotten off the stage when a photographer shows up in front of them, and out of nowhere Kai is standing with them; he has already changed for his next performance. With Taemin in the middle they take a friendly picture with smiles, and when the picture is taken a staff tells Hannah to stay here as she doesn’t have time to go backstage; after three songs it is her turn on the stage again. Taemin thanks her two more times before taking off and within a minute the ladies come to wait for their turn on the stage.

Hannah gets off the white cropped top to put on a black top that she can tuck inside the pants, and she gets to keep the sneakers; all of them wear sneakers. Since she was wearing a cropped tog underneath she didn’t have to go hide to change, though she made sure no one was looking her way when quickly pulling one top off and another on.

“I think it looked like fun,” Maria says, sitting next to Hannah and tiredly leaning back in the seat.

“It was fun,” Hannah admits.

Maria doesn’t say that it looked like she was in pain at the end on the extra stage, thinking Hannah is probably regretting a lot about tonight already.

5 Pieces performs [Daze], spreading out everywhere with dancers to entertain the whole stadium and thanks to the exciting song and dancers, she doesn’t have to go all too wild with her leg while she can move her upper-body all exciting she wants; until she accidentally twists her whole body and the pain just shoots right through her whole leg and she stops for a second before continuing to dance, a bit calmer.

The performance ends and SHINee starts performing [Dream Girl] on the stage, while 5 Pieces are walking between the audience to the back of the stage. Hannah waves on the way, not being in a hurry and honestly not able to walk fast at all as she is too busy focusing on not limping.

It is a long, long time to wait backstage after that. Emelia and Carolina joins other dancers for the dance stage, and then the ladies get glamorously dressed in a short a-line halter beading sleeveless dress in ivory and high heels to perform [POWER UP].

[POWER UP] is one of the last songs for the concert, so the ladies are certain they need to give their all to keep the fans on their toes in excitement for the last songs.

For this song, Hannah is with them from beginning to end. And to their surprise there is no need to work hard on keeping the fans on their toes because as soon as 5 Pieces starts their performance the whole stadium is cheering, singing and jumping along to the song. Hannah is very careful with her leg now; it has been warmed up during the concert but she think maybe it is too much because the pain is really constant and it feels like her whole knee is twisted to the side which it felt like when she got hurt in first place so pulling through [POWER UP] is really not fun at all.

After the song they change quickly into shorts and SM Town’s t-shirt, and Hannah is putting on sneakers again.

She is happy not having a microphone and she is in no hurry at all up on the stage as everyone is slowly making their ways up on the stage while the ending song has already started. She doesn’t mind hiding in the corner, carefully and slowly taking one foot in front of the other and she waves out at the audience to pretend she is busy watching them while she in fact only want to cut off her leg.

A hand is put in hers and Hannah looks terrified up, just to see Yoona’s evil smile.

“You thought it was Jonghyun, didn’t you?” she laughs with wide open and Hannah smiles at her. She knows exactly where Jonghyun is; at the centre of the stage with most of the others, but it is true that she for a second had been terrified it was her boyfriend going beyond everything.

Yoona links arm with Hannah instead and they walk to the centre where the others are, talking among each other of who will walk out to the extra stage. Emelia comes to link Hannah’s other arm (two tall girls next to Hannah…) and says they should go if they want to get out there in time because Hannah is really slow. Hannah takes out her arm to show how upset she is while Emelia just laughs, and they do decide to walk, almost walking at the same time as Tiffany, Taeyeon and Carolina and all six of them bounces down the steps; Hannah is left behind, both Yoona and Emelia hugs her hands in the end and Hannah lowers her head in embarrassment when they turn around. She can’t really go down the steps just like that, and with her hesitation it gets really embarrassing because it feels like everyone can see her just standing there, and carefully she talk down the high steps, unable to rise her head walking out on the stage with the other two waving to the sides.

Someone hurries up behind them and warm breath is felt on Hannah’s ear when Jonghyun whispers;

“I can give you a piggyback ride.”

Hannah turns her head around in shock, stumbling to not twist her legs and Yoona lets go of her to clap her hands and laugh as she heard the suggestion. Hannah shakes her head but Emelia says they will never get anywhere the way Hannah is walking, and with three people trying to force her Hannah is leaning away, being held on her arms and if she could she would squat down in protest. She can’t help to laugh though because they are laughing and she think it is just a joke, until Jonghyun is holding her arms over his shoulders and stands up with her hanging on his back, bending his knees for her to get down and the three of them commands Hannah on how to do it.

“I’m heavy,” she warns him, Jonghyun just laughs telling her to get up on his back.

She gets up on his back, pretty aware of the fans closest to them screaming so much and she wonders if it is pure hate or if they like it, and she pouts over his shoulder complaining the whole way while Jonghyun just laughs and tells her to smile, he bounces a little for her to stop complaining and Hannah tries to hide her face but it is impossible because it look completely wrong if she hides her face in his neck.

He walks with her to the stage, and bows down to the seniors so Hannah screams in his ear and when being it the busy crowd of SM Town he carefully lets her down, so when standing up he turns around, still holding on to her wrist to make sure she is standing and Hannah is hiding behind her other hand.

“Is it okay?” he asks, his thumb caressing her wrist and Hannah nods. “You need to thank everyone now, Hannah.”

She hits him on the arm, them both smiling and just as Hannah is about to walk to the side, Taemin is next to her. Hannah gets a shock seeing him stand there, pale as a ghost with blonde hair and skinny, and he points to the front telling her to go there.

“Why don’t you go there?” she asks him, suspicious of Taemin lurking around near her, and he just smiles when gracefully holding out his hands in the motion to let her go.

“Let’s mock him,” Jonghyun suggests and walks to the front, Hannah and Taemin follows just to burst out laughing seeing Jonghyun imitate Taemin’s [Danger] dance. When Maria appears a little on the side starting to do the same, Hannah can’t take it and she turns somewhere else, her hand blocking the sight of them and she instead sees some fans who she waves and bows too.

“We don’t know them,” Taemin laughs next to her before bouncing over to some EXO members and Hannah keeps bowing and waving to the audience.

She keeps getting next to friends, waving and doing hearts with them, wanting to run back and forth like the others but having to stay satisfied with where she is standing, just trying to wave as far as possible and hoping people will see her.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 14th: SHINee’s Taemin & 5 Pieces’ Hannah To Perform New Song At SM Town’s Concert Tomorrow

 

Headline 15th: Julia Asks Fans To Wish Puppy Michin A Crazy 2nd Birthday

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Makes Their Charismatic Comeback On Music Bank With [You Thought Wrong Of Me]

Headline 15th: All Members Of 5 Pieces Attend SM Town’s Concert In Seoul

 

Headline 16th: 5 Pieces Introduces Repackage Album [You Thought Wrong Of Me] In Interview

Headline 16th: Watch 5 Pieces’ Stunning [You Thought Wrong Of Me] Comeback Performance In The Rain On Music Core

 

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces Is Back On Inkigayo With [You Thought Wrong Of Me]

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias