Chapter 05

Youngest of Pieces: Girls Power (10)

“And this week’s winner is…” the host pauses and the screen gets to count up who the winner is, and as the music comes out, Hannah and Carolina together leans forward to see the screen. “Yes, 5 Pieces, congratulations.”

So lifeless that MC’s voice, but the loud screaming from the crowd lives up to it and Hannah is almost hit on her chin when Carolina suddenly raises her hands – following what the crowd does and following Maria’s surprise cheer of the word WHOA!. Hannah gapes at Emelia who turns to the side clapping her hands, Maria turns to the side right away to bow to their seniors who she honestly thought, hoped and expected to win and confetti shoots down in front of them.

The microphone is in Julia’s hand within a second, and she is smiling brightly with the M Countdown trophy in her hand. “Well, first of all we would want to thank for this trophy on our comeback day…”

Hannah’s soul has left her body as she just turns around to bow to the juniors, holding one hand to her chest and the other to hold down her skirt, Julia keeps thanking people at Mnet with the brightest of smiles and those who have worked on the song with them (producers, teachers, dancers, the band). Maria has to reach for Hannah’s arm to pull her to stand with the ladies saying their speech, and Carolina quietly link arm with Hannah again, Emelia looks like she is going to dance out of happiness before laughing and hugging Hannah. Julia finishes and puts the microphone under Maria’s mouth, saying the leader should say a few words.

“Our [Girls Power] album has been given a lot of time in the preparations and we have been even more excited to make the comeback after the delay, thank you to all our fans who not just waited all so patiently for our comeback but also for cheering us on and thank you for setting our mood today during our comeback stage. Fly to the Sky seniors, we love and respects you so much, thank you for all the advice. To everyone, thank you,” Maria swiftly says as if she had prepared it and she turns behind on the right side before seeing no one is there other than juniors standing further in the back and turns to her left to give the microphone to Hannah, lightly mouthing she should congratulate him.

“Um…” Hannah blinks, not taking the microphone like Maria had done but letting the leader hold it for her. She then smiles knowing what the leader means and looks straight at the camera in front of them: “Kyung Ho, happy birthday!”

“Puzzle, we love you!” Maria coolly finishes off to the cheer of some fans going happy to hear Kyung Ho being mentioned, Maria raises a hand in the air and she bows. And when the leader bows, the ladies all bows together.

 The two MCs says some final words for the show after saying 5 Pieces will prepare for their encore stage and Hannah turns around with Carolina to politely and deeply bow to Fly to the Sky who steps behind the winner to congratulate them as many of the juniors are also bowing while heading off the stage and waving to the crowd. Brian and Hwanhee looks happy congratulating the ladies, while Hannah keeps glancing at Carolina. If there is a person who cries a lot, it is Hannah: the cry-baby of the group. But if you turn it around, Carolina is the one probably crying the least, and she has never cried receiving the trophy on a music program before – not even the first times. And after six years, Hannah is wondering if the mascot is really about to cry which is why she keeps glancing at her friend.

“Are you crying?” Hannah whispers when turning to stand in front of Carolina, the youngest looking super happy seeing that Carolina is actually showing those emotions she never tends to show and Hannah laughs when Carolina blinks to try not to cry, the two of them embraces each other while their encore stage is starting, and Maria sings her part, stepping forward and ditching one line to thank the fans one more time.

“I can’t believe our song won,” Carolina sobs, both jumping and hugging Hannah. “How come no one told us it was even nominated? I got such a surprise…”

They both gives a light jump when the music to their own song blasts through the hall, and Hannah starts laughing, patting her friend before getting out of the hug to get the microphone that Julia is handing over – holding three microphones is not easy so Hannah takes two right away to give one to Carolina. Emelia is cheerful, dancing to the music before starting the fast verse by her and Carolina, the crowd screaming at her charismatic voice and happy face. Carolina sings along too, bowing with Hannah to thank the crowd and sobbing when her part has ended while Hannah is fast to begin singing her part, a smile growing wildly in her face at the banners held up by the crowd – you are our power.

Winning on your comeback stage, two days after the album release, has never happened before. Usually the song enters the chart a week after release, so how their song [POWER UP] could enter the chart only after two days – not just enter, but reach first place – and that no song in the history have done it before makes it impossible to stop smiling for the encore stage.

Hannah laughs when fooling around with her members, singing perfectly but doing the same as her friends to the choreography, and she moves even more when seeing the crowd dances along for the chorus. It’s wonderful. The music and the crowd, just as if this was the real performance with them all dancing together, smiling and having fun. to have fun to music is the most entertaining feeling, to see the happiness spread to the faces around you and just move your body whether it looks weird or great, just move and it is fun. That’s the kind of music 5 Pieces have made a comeback with; that’s the song the viewers have chosen to be this week’s winner.

“Thank you so much,” Hannah adorably says in the microphone when the encore has ended, bowing politely to the crowd a few times.

“Thank you!” Carolina shouts out brightly too, waving and bowing at once.

The ladies can’t seem to get off the stage for several seconds, just thanking the crowd over and over again until the staff motions for them to get down, and cameras are meeting them backstage in the corridor where 5 Pieces right away starts cheering loudly, waving the trophy and laughing, being in a great mood in front of Mnet’s RT filming.

“Our comeback stage on M Countdown, yeah!” Maria starts off saying and the ladies all clap their hands cheerfully for the camera, crowding in the corridor next to each other. Hannah is standing next to Julia who has her arm around Hannah’s waist. “And we won too! WOAAAH!”

“Ahhh~” Hannah and Julia imitates in whispering voices and laughs all by themselves in the corner while Maria and Emelia are talking about how it felt to make a comeback and win.

Hannah keeps smiling so her cheeks are hurting, and she giggles with Julia. She doesn’t know why, but standing next to Julia makes everything so much funnier, and Julia is giggling whenever Hannah stops just to giggle together again, briefly nodding along to what their members are saying while in fact being in their own little world. Emelia is standing in the middle, and she puts her hand on Hannah’s waist, touching both Hannah and Julia in a warning to focus – Emelia always gives a touch like that to tell them to focus.

And the focus is put on a round little cute cake that is brought up for them to hold, the staff saying it is to congratulate their win, added on their comeback.

“Thank you!” 5 Pieces claps together, sounding like any other cute girl-group, but their eyes are all focused on the cake that have a number ‘1’-candle on it. Maria calls out ‘congratulations’ before they all blow out the candle.

“We’ll enjoy the cake, thank you,” Carolina politely tells the staff and camera, and 5 Pieces keep clapping their hands and cheering when finishing the filming and they thank the staff for their hard work once the cameras are off and the ladies can head to their room, being congratulated on the way.

Hannah rushes to their room, ditching Manager Lee and the others as Carolina has to take off her high heels, but Hannah doesn’t reach the room before Amber is in front of her. Laughing, the two of them hugs and Amber is keeping her arms around Hannah when heading to the door, almost being dragged as Amber asks why the others are so slow and Hannah just wants to reach the room.

“Amber,” Hannah whines the moment Amber starts holding her back, the arms around her waist holds on to her to not let her get forward.

“Why in such a hurry, Bunny? The others aren’t coming yet…” Amber is teasing her.

Both of them keep looking down because Hannah is in high heels and she do not want to stomp on Amber’s feet, but they both ends up squatting down laughing, and Amber is not letting go of her. “Hu-hu…” Hannah whines, looking in front of them at the door leading to 5 Pieces’ dressing-room, where a camera-woman is standing outside filming them, which makes Hannah laugh even more feeling helpless.

“What are you doing?” Julia laughs behind them, clapping her hands happily seeing Amber is holding on to Hannah.

“Oh, you’re here,” Amber smiles up.

“She won’t let me go!” Hannah is fast to whine, holding her hands up in hope Julia will help her. Amber just pokes her with the fingers by her stomach and Hannah screams, making Amber and Julia laugh. Julia helps them both up and Hannah turns to pout at Amber, the same-age friend just smiles and decides to hug on to Julia instead, as Julia welcomes the hugging and close congratulations while Hannah just sneaks to the room.

The room burst out in applauses as the first lady enters, and Hannah burst out laughing seeing Kyung Ho hold up the same banner their fans were holding up.

Maria, Julia and Amber dances their way in, the ladies thanking everyone and Emelia enters like a champion with the trophy in hand.

“The funniest part is that you always look happy,” Manager Lim smiles when embracing Carolina, the last lady to enter the room and to be congratulated.

“No,” Emelia begins to correct with a pointing finger, “The funniest part is that these two-” Hannah and Carolina “-didn’t even know our song was nominated. They were asking questions on the stage.”

“What?” Maria laughs loudly, just as many of the others does.

“Honestly, no one told us we were nominated-”

“YA!” Maria bursts out, almost throwing something at Carolina when interrupting her. “We have been talking about it all day! What do you think we were filming for the show earlier? That’s just stupid.”

Hannah is in other thoughts, sitting down next to Kyung Ho to ask if he enjoyed the show, not really wanting to be teased for not following the nomination… Maybe she didn’t follow it because she for no way thought 5 Pieces would be nominated. She is smiling as Kyung Ho is probably thinking of one thing; his birthday. He doesn’t say that she congratulated him in the speech, and neither does she know that Kyung Ho doesn’t want any attention that it is his birthday as it seems like the ladies are too busy and he doesn’t want to seek attention when it is their big comeback day. Other than small ‘happy birthday’ wishes, no one has paid much attention to him either because the ladies are busy. But now M Countdown has come to an end and there are no more activities for the evening, and 5 Pieces have secretly prepared a surprise at home for him.

It looks like he is a little upset, making Hannah sad thinking he is forgotten on his own birthday.

They all share the cake in the dressing-room while packing up, Amber and Victoria soon leaves. It takes its time, but soon the girl-group, their managers and Kyung Ho are in the van heading home, being filmed and everything. The ladies looked through their performance backstage, studying the live recording, and now in the car the ladies are looking through comments, reviews.

“Is it good?” Kyung Ho asks, leaning on Hannah’s arm to see the tablet she is reading comments from.

“Mm…” Hannah distantly answers.

Though she doesn’t smile, she is moved by what is written in the comments; words that she has never thought would describe her group. The viewers of their comeback stage on M Countdown comments also on winning the trophy, and most of them write ‘as expected of 5 Pieces’, adding that the concept is one of a kind, that it is more about music, vocal skills and talent rather than being objects and only focus on what will sell. According to the reviews and comments, 5 Pieces are artists, they are complimented worldwide and a lot of people seem impressed just as much as surprised by the transformation 5 Pieces have made in 2014 with music showing off their vocals and outfits/concepts in glittering dresses. Five-six months ago, in January, 5 Pieces made the first step of the transformation with the pre-single, and for the album now they have gone in a ier and also more impressive concept.

The reaction to the comeback stage is too good to be true, but the reaction to the group winning is different. ‘How could they win, the song was just released’, ‘the song enters as number one on the chart?’ and ‘SM have used their money again, the song shouldn’t even be on the chart so how could it win’ and so on, but others are at the same time defending by writing ‘Mnet revealed 5 Pieces have made incredible records with the new songs, that’s why the song managed to reach first spot within two days; it wasn’t SM using money, it was 5 Pieces once again doing the impossible thing possible’.

Doing the impossible things possible – something that has followed the name 5 Pieces for years now – and why? Because 5 Pieces does just that; “It’s impossible for Europeans to make a debut in Korea”, “you will never win on a music program”, “5 Pieces can’t adapt to the Korean culture before their image will be ruined”, “you will not win on the Asian Music Awards”… The list is endless of the things that were said 5 Pieces could not do because it was seemed impossible; everything about what the name 5 Pieces stands for are things they once were told they would never achieve because it has not been done before and for that is seemed as impossible. SM Entertainment’s very own Lee Sooman said when 5 Pieces in 2011 made an international debut that 5 Pieces makes music from the world, for the world, and ever since the journalists and fans have been using it; from the world, for the world. Fans have since a long time before realised that 5 Pieces only impresses time after time after time, mostly based on bad expectations they impress which hasn’t always been nice to know for the ladies, but their fans know that 5 Pieces’ make impossible things possible. Another thing has been added

“We can like … sleep,” Maria says, stretching her hands up at the ceiling in the van. “I’m exhausted from inside out, today has been overwhelming… Appa, I am going straight to bed.”

“Sure you are,” their manager smiles, as he knows what the ladies have planned, but Hannah looks troubled wondering if Maria actually is planning to go to bed. Only the cameras catches Kyung Ho’s face looking sadder and sadder during the ride, sadly looking out the window as he is disappointed about his birthday, though he is happy for 5 Pieces.

The ladies are in great moods when coming home, which their pets are too, but as soon as they have entered the apartment Hannah just looks at her members.

Mission Surprise Birthday Party – GO!

Hannah goes upstairs with Kyung Ho, asking about his day and if he was bored at the music program; keeping him occupied while the other members are preparing downstairs. Hannah sits down on Kyung Ho’s bed with one of his school books, glancing through it.

“Is everything going well in school now?” she asks him.

Kyung Ho might be a ten year old, but spending most of his life in the hospital he never got any friends in school, and coming back he was by himself. And now he is a child actor who also is 5 Pieces’ little brother; which means the kids in school are jealous and want to be him or be with him, leading to bullying and trouble. Hannah has spoken to his teacher and she told Hannah they will do better. After that she has asked him a lot about school, and every time Kyung Ho has either shrugged his shoulder (not wanting to talk about it) or saying it has gotten better. He isn’t much for details it seems like, but Hannah still wants to know if she made it better or worse by speaking to his teacher.

Her little brother blinks at her, she doesn’t know if he is tired or sad, but again he shrugs his shoulder in answer, sitting down on the bed too.

“Is someone being mean?” Hannah asks in a low voice, leaning forward to try seeing his face.

“No… its better,” Kyung Ho whispers, “My classmates are probably scared they will be scolded by the world’s most famous girl-group if they do something.”

“Hm, probably true,” Hannah nods, smiling when he looks up at her. They understand each other’s jokes. “None of us would hesitate to give them a good old scolding, Swedish style. You know that, don’t you?”

He nods, looking away with his lower lip pouting. Seeing that he wants to cry, Hannah smiles and ruffles his hair, knowing she makes the exact same face-expression at times when she holds back her tears. It wouldn’t be good to make her brother cry a minute before his surprise, so she is delighted when Maria’s voice asks them if they can come downstairs. It is natural the way she calls and Hannah gets nervous leaving the room, and she hurries down the stairs the way she can do at times; hopefully Kyung Ho will think she does it to cheer him up.

And he does. Kyung Ho smiles and hurries down the stairs after Hannah, wondering if they will watch a movie or maybe eat ice-cream, talk about the comeback. He knows it is too early to go to bed, but then again, 5 Pieces didn’t get any sleep last night.

He comes down the stairs, takes a few steps across the room to reach the living-room wondering just how fast Hannah was to disappear so quickly, but before entering the living-room where all the lights are turned off and the windows are covered, a melody starts to play as Carolina is standing with her keyboard and starts playing on it when he comes. Kyung Ho shines up in the biggest smile and he can see the living-room table lightly lightened up by candles on cakes and cupcakes, and 5 Pieces standing on the other side – Hannah too – starting to sing the Korean birthday song for him to Carolina’s melody on the keyboard. The room is dark but when standing there, Kyung Ho can still try to see the things in the living-room as his sisters are singing. The ceiling has a lot of balloons on it, the table is literally filled with delicious cakes and there are even some presents.

When thinking the song is over, the ladies messily start singing the English version before doing it together in choir on Carolina’s command with the keyboard and Kyung Ho starts laughing at how silly his sisters are.

The Swedish birthday song has many verses that 5 Pieces know off, and when beginning that, Kyung Ho sits down in the sofa with a huge smile. Hannah gives up on the singing after Julia, and instead starts putting the birthday cake closer to Kyung Ho, telling him to make a wish and Maria manage to pull off a deafening end-note of the singing that is a mix of what a singer and non-singer can pull off. Cheering at the singing, the ladies cheers Kyung Ho on as he blows out the candles. He blows out the candles for the cake and the ladies are fast to guide him to blow out every single candle on the cupcakes too while Carolina rushes to lighten the ceiling lamp and show off the balloons. The place is filled with cameras too.

5 Pieces are loud cheering Kyung Ho on, wishing him happy birthday and just ‘yaaaaaaay’ clapping their hands and making a lot of noise as if they want to live up to not giving him enough attention during the day.

Eating cake and cupcakes – they are all delicious, not as delicious as it would’ve been when they made it but surely delicious – they let Kyung Ho open the presents. The presents aren’t just from 5 Pieces but from the ladies’ managers too, so there are quite a few.

“WOAH!” Kyung Ho growls in a deep voice and stands up with a LEGO figure (you put it together yourself).

His reactions are nice to watch and all five ladies laugh at him. He gets a t-shirt, a ring from Hannah, he gets the LEGO of Marvel characters (Iron Man and Captain America), a pair of swords that Emelia says is from Manager Lee, a black little toy robot that actually can move and even dance if you know how to play with it, another LEGO figure that could be a spider, a book, a really cool red ninja costume with black details, and of course Carolina had to get him a Superman costume because that is her favourite hero. Kyung Ho tries on the costume right away and soon he is fighting with a sword against Emelia with Michin barking by their feet and Carolina is finishing up the cupcakes while the birthday cake still has half of it left. The staff filming for Good Sister has been given cupcakes too; no way will they be forgotten in the celebration of Kyung Ho’s tenth birthday.

For only having one ten year old in the apartment it is still a small birthday party worthy for a child; 5 Pieces have a lot of fun playing with him and Kyung Ho seems like he really wants to use all the toys he has gotten, to try them out at least.

“The cake is really good,” Kyung Ho says when trying to make his robot take a strawberry from the cake on the table, not even being close to succeeding so he takes his finger through the cream and takes a strawberry too.

“We made it for you,” Carolina says and Hannah is heard laughing.

“Julia and Mi Young made the cake,” Hannah says.

“And Nuna made the cupcakes,” Kyung Ho smiles, knowing that is Hannah’s speciality. Hannah isn’t even sure why it is her speciality – she made it once for Jonghyun’s birthday, and after that she has been asked to do it at times and she has made it by herself at times too, just wanting to bake. “When did you have time for this?”

“When you all went to the aquarium,” Julia answers.

“Kyung Ho, your robot will never get that cake,” Emelia chuckles, she has been watching the boy’s effort with the mini robot for a while now.

With their little birthday party it seems like Kyung Ho’s birthday ends well. He is in a great mood now, smiling and thanking the ladies when they all sit down in the living-room to play a game they have. It is a good birthday, definitely a surprise party too. Hannah likes they it is just them, but she thinks Kyung Ho would’ve liked it even more if they had more friends here; they would never invite celebrities to the party when they are filming, it would only seem weird for the viewers that this ten-year-old boy would have Korea’s top idols as the only guests on his party.

A few hours later when everyone have gone to bed, Jonghyun gives Hannah a call, mostly to ask about the party and how Kyung Ho liked it, but also to have his random talks about work, life and love. Hannah is smiling, lying in her bed and thinking of this amazing day that has passed by. And thanks to Good Sister the ladies don’t work this night, instead they can get a good night sleep and wait to continue filming in the morning, though Music Bank won’t air tomorrow; leaving them with other schedules this up-coming Friday.

After talking to Jonghyun, Hannah stays up listening to his midnight radio program and looks through her twitter. She doesn’t get far before a person named AngrySHAWOL has asked her a question, just the name lets her know what it is about and the question is ‘what do you like about SHINee’s Jonghyun??’. It may be one question she has seen before, yet somehow that name put together with the question and Hannah walking on clouds being in a good mood after the day, she can imagine a frustrated teenage girl with an idol crush on Jonghyun asking that question. Hannah answers the question on twitter, replying politely;

{Twitter Reply, 5P_HANNAH: @AngrySHAWOL What is there not to like?}

Surprisingly she receives a response within seconds, another question ‘What makes you think I will let you have him?

Though Hannah knows a lot of the minds of their fans, she does not think he belongs to them. She knows their hearts, she understands it, but no matter what she says and does around Jonghyun, she still has one thought the times he says she is his – he is hers too. A lesson she should remember is to never be online when you have had the absolutely best day in your life and it is after midnight when you are so tired your head is almost spinning (or when you are drunk). Hannah tends to never reply to things, but for some reason she does that now, and she replies to the new question as well;

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: @AngrySHAWOL A little part of me has been hoping love has no boundaries, so I didn’t think but just followed my heart}

There is no reply after that, so Hannah puts her phone away to fall asleep to Jonghyun’s radio.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

-Hannah Knocks Down Antis With Her Response On Twitter-

Do journalists never sleep? It’s six in the morning, about five hours after Hannah replying on twitter, and it is all over the internet. Even Jonghyun had texted when he came home after his radio ended to say an article has come out about it; Hannah knocked down antis with her response on twitter. The boyfriend is overjoyed, the fans are showing two completely different reactions and Hannah has barely opened her eyes standing in the kitchen making breakfast for Kyung Ho. Michin and Ryo are both in the kitchen with her, waiting for their breakfast too.

Hannah looks really tired. She closes her eyes from time to time as she went straight to the kitchen when waking up, and her hair is a mess being put up in a bun at the top of her head, messy because she slept with it like that, and she keeps rubbing sleepy sand out of her eyes.

“Good morning,” Julia comes inside the kitchen, wearing a set of a hooded piping-accent top and elastic-waist piping-accent shorts in charcoal gray, messing up her short hair when walking over to see what Hannah is making. “Do you want any help?”

“Mm,” Hannah mumbles tiredly.

Not sure if it is a ‘yes’ or ‘no’, Julia leans next to Hannah to see her face, smiling at the zombie Hannah is in the morning. “Don’t burn the breakfast, Hannah,” she suggests and smiles, glancing at what Hannah is making before deciding to help out. “Should we take the puppies out later?”

“Mm…” Hannah answers, but slowly wakes up; “I thought of taking a jog with Ryo.”

“Oh,” Julia nods, helping out with breakfast. “Then I’ll walk Michin. Jogging with him isn’t fun; his legs are too short.”

“We’ll go after Kyung Ho has gone to school?” Hannah suggests and Julia nods. “My head is not waking up.”

“My body is not waking up, seriously,” Julia chuckles, “I look forward to the next performance, because now it’s like we know they like our comeback, right? I can’t believe [POWER UP] was first this week…”

Hannah smiles, finally showing a reaction to that says she is not sleepwalking. “Could you sleep?” Hannah whispers.

Julia looks super happy when shaking her head, and they giggle in happiness that their comeback is much better than their own expectations – a hundred times better. Though these two giggles Michin gives out a whine lying on the floor that makes them laugh because he whines because he is probably wondering why the girls are giggling instead of feeding him. Impatience.

After making breakfast, Hannah goes upstairs to wake Kyung Ho up and to get dressed.

Julia and Kyung Ho eat breakfast together, Julia asking if he had fun on his birthday and what was the best part (which was the surprise party) and after several of questions she gets quiet, only eating her breakfast.

“Don’t you go on diets for your comeback?” Kyung Ho asks the two girls. Hannah is only drinking a yogurt.

“No,” Julia chuckles, finding the question amusing, “I think we eat more for this comeback though.”

“Then why is Hannah only eating that?” Kyung Ho pouts, glaring at the yogurt and not finding their smiles amusing at all.

“This is pre-breakfast,” Hannah answers, saying that one big word in English. “I can’t eat a heavy meal in the morning; don’t you know that by now?”

Kyung Ho smiles, only thinking of Hannah eating breakfast two times; it is indeed necessary to eat a lot when working as an idol, but for Hannah who has trouble eating a lot at all, Kyung Ho can only smile.

While getting ready for Kyung Ho to go to school Emelia also wakes up; she walks around in the kitchen and eating a spoonful of the breakfast whenever she feels for it, not sitting down for a second and she has to talk to all of the others whether they are upstairs or in another room. Hannah have gotten dressed in training 3/4 tights, two sports bra to keep her chest still, and a double tank top where one is long enough to cover her . Julia is in shorts and t-shirt, and both of them look like they are going for a real workout. The two of them, along with Michin and Ryo, leave the apartment with Kyung Ho.

Julia drives, the puppies are in the back of the car and Kyung Ho is questioning the ladies of their schedule today and if they will pick him up and the two ladies leave him at school before going to the river for a morning walk/jog. Even when Kyung Ho has left for school, the ladies continue being filmed; Julia and Hannah outside, stretching a bit when walking alongside the long Han River. The sun is strong and bright this morning, by the river there is a light breeze and the two ladies are relaxed walking with their puppies, chatting and taking their time. The camera-men end up on a distance, maybe filming a documentary just adding the two girls laughing when walking along the riverside. Slowly Hannah starts jogging, keeping her pace with Julia’s walking that fastens a little to keep a good pace together and they continue like that, Hannah then fastens a bit and Ryo is really good keeping up with her. He isn’t even two years old, it would be worrying if he couldn’t keep up; though they stay to drink water as the sun is very hot.

It is rare to go out like this, but with the comeback putting them in great moods and the weather only getting hotter, Hannah and Julia feel relaxed and free going in their own pace and talking. It’s not anything special; it is just two friends going for a light workout.

Hannah turns around with a big smile, Julia is several meters behind. She is feeling great, she is sweating in the sun and she wish their whole day will be feeling like this. She moves her shoulders lightly to Julia, as if she is going to dance, and Julia laughs waving to her not to do something that will give them more attention than necessary; the two foreigners bring enough attention as it is by being the popular 5 Pieces.

“Woah!” a complete stranger shouts far from a distance seeing the two girls and Hannah is fast to turn around, continuing to walk with an embarrassed smile. Most strangers take up their phones towards the ladies or just stares when passing by, but this one was younger and wanted some attention. Julia smiles brightly at the attention; that even at a morning-jog randomly at the Han River gives them attention. There are other foreigners there, so it can’t be that – or Hannah’s hair stands out more than needed, according to Julia, while Hannah thinks it is the small cameras the crew is holding.

The camera-men keep a distance again, and the two girls can continue talking by themselves.

“You think that anti-shawol knew Jonghyun was at Mnet yesterday?” Julia asks, talking about the twitter questions and articles that Hannah showed her secretly in the car earlier.

“I don’t know,” Hannah shrugs her shoulder, “To be asked that question the same day, I surely think it can be connected. But Jonghyun said to no one he was there, we didn’t upload a picture or…”

“But there were rumours online though,” Julia reminds her.

Hannah nods, thinking about it. When Hannah showed it to Julia in the car, she also found a tiny rumour that fans had spotted Jonghyun at the station yesterday, there isn’t more than a brief blurred fan-taken picture of him inside Mnet taken through a window, so you can’t really say much other than fans know how Jonghyun looks like and could probably see his hand and still know it is him. Hannah isn’t bothered by the whole thing at all since no article has broken out saying JONGHYUN VISIT GIRLFRIEND AT COMEBACK STAGE… Media loves to exaggerate things, as if it is the biggest thing on earth that a couple supports each other. About the fan on twitter, nothing more has been written so Hannah is okay. Julia keeps bringing it up though as if it is an important subject, leaving with Hannah just shrugging her shoulder.

“Let’s run the last bit,” Hannah suggests when they are on the way back and her voice gets all cute; “Ryo-chan, are you ready?”

The four of them starts jogging, faster than earlier as a final sprint to the car.

Before going back to the car they stop by a street vendor to get some fruit, and when finally sitting in the car they are laughing at how much they start sweating only when sitting down.

The good mood continues when coming home, the camera crew doesn’t come along now though.

Manager Lim is there now, and as soon as Hannah enters the kitchen where he is sitting he does not look pleased. Hannah is sweaty and her skin is burning from the sun that she just wants to cool off in the shower, but her manager’s look makes her confused. Manager Lim is sitting with a tablet on the table that he turns around for her to look at, and Hannah takes a small step forward to glance at what it is; the article ‘Hannah knocks down antis with her response on twitter’.

“Are you serious about this?” he asks her, staring at her as if she has done something really displeasing.

“What?” Hannah asks, shrugging her shoulder.

“You had your comeback stage yesterday – the weekend has barely begun – and you decide to bring attention to your relationship in the midst of it all?” Manager Lim asks in a strict tone, letting Hannah know he is serious.

“I answered two questions, it’s no big deal.”

“It is a big deal when you put 5 Pieces aside for your boyfriend instead, your fans will not support the comeback if it’s like this.”

Hannah’s good mood is ruined and she leaves the kitchen as she has nothing to say, hearing her manager frustrating sound behind her. She hurries her steps worried he will follow, but Manager Lim just calls out that he does not want her to do it again, and then nothing. Hannah goes to her room, throws her clothes off in anger to throw at the wall and she pouts when getting in the shower. Her manager overreacts; it is no big deal at all no matter what time it is. 5 Pieces’ comeback is already breaking records and he is upset at her for responding to an immature girl on the internet? Yet, her mood is completely destroyed just by the thought of it, that her manager is upset at her. Why wouldn’t her fans support her? They know she is in a relationship with Jonghyun, they have known it for a year, so why would it make a difference if she answers questions about it just because it is 5 Pieces’ comeback weekend?

Not even after the shower has Hannah calmed down, she is still upset when getting dressed and she is stretching in her own way to smooth out her whole body from neck and down.

No, she does not get what the big deal is for her manager to get so upset at her.

5 Pieces get ready to leave the apartment. Since the weather is hot outside and they aren’t going to do anything particularly, Hannah only gets dressed in a check long shirt white-black and hot pants not visible underneath, but to go outside she finds a pair of lace-overlay pumps in black that she didn’t even know she owned, and what way to get rid of your anger than to balance on high heels?

Hannah, Julia and Manager Lim are the last three to leave the apartment, meaning Hannah stands in the corner of the elevator and looks utterly upset and ignoring their manager, not making it hard to see she is upset at him. Julia looks questioning at her, but Hannah ignores that too.

“What happened between you two…?” Julia asks in a low voice when the doors close.

“He is upset for what I wrote on twitter,” Hannah mutters, glaring at the wall in front of her.

“I’m not upset at it-”

“You are!”

“Hannah,” Manager Lim strictly says, and she pouts at the wall now knowing it is not the tone of a manager he uses. She doesn’t know why it took so hard on her to have him tell her to not do that again and tell her she put the focus on her relationship with Jonghyun instead of 5 Pieces’ comeback, she was having such a nice morning. Manager Lim sighs at her pout to the wall; Hannah is even standing with her hands crossed over her chest, the ultimate I-am-not-in-the-mood pose. “The whole world is focused on 5 Pieces comeback and that is the only talk to focus on now; how would it seem if you and Jonghyun continue to be brought up? Interviews and fans will only focus on that, the group will be put on the side. I’m taking care of you all, Hannah, that’s what I tried to tell you so don’t put this on me.”

“Fans won’t stop supporting us because of something they found out last year. A year has passed – they won’t start reacting now.” Hannah is not loosing up.

Julia sighs, muttering that she wished she left earlier so she wouldn’t be standing here with them now.

“Last year you two weren’t promoting yourselves every other week. You have gotten careless about your relationship and about how serious it is,” Manager Lim seriously says and he is fast to lift a finger to stop Hannah from interrupting, and Julia just stares at them both with big round eyes. “Fans are okay thinking you two are dating, slightly in a relationship, that way fans will keep their fantasies up and like you – support you – but if you go around talking about loving each other – like you did on twitter – all your fans will step back and your supporters will move on to another idol.”

It’s a good thing the elevator doors opens because Julia thinks she was about to be suffocated being in that locked up space with the two of them, yet Hannah storms out before her.

“I’m not saying this to make you angry, Hannah, but you need to understand the consequences to your actions,” Manager Lim says, following out after Julia.

Hannah turns around some meters in front of them; her eyebrows could turn into horns the way she is frowning, glaring at their manager. “I have lost my whole family because of my actions, so don’t talk to me about consequences,” Hannah growls at him, saying that one long word in English as it is a word she do not know how to pronounce in Korean.

This time, Julia has to tell their manager to back off when Hannah goes to the van.

“That might have been going too far,” Julia says in a low voice to Manager Lim before walking with him to the van too.

Manager Lim gives out a frustrated sound walking with her. “I’m trying to give her some sense of what consequences she will get if she is this careless,” he tells Julia.

“She knows you mean well, Appa,” Julia says, all of them know that Manager Lim is in a difficult position being both their manager and their father, but he has been doing well for six years, one argument won’t change that. Julia pats him on the back before taking her seat, letting him know he isn’t alone.

Hannah sits in the back of the van, leaning her head back and hiding behind sunglasses, keeping her eyes on her cell phone and listening to the others talking about today’s schedule. It doesn’t take many minutes until she shines up in a smile as Emelia announces that their music videos have broken new records on YouTube; 5 Pieces cheers in the van.

Her hair is not completely dry yet when they arrive at the agency, and not to their surprise there are people standing outside the building; surprisingly a lot so the van can’t even park because they are in the way. Hannah takes her hands through her hair, makes sure she is hiding behind her sunglasses and she pouts cutely towards Carolina when waiting to get out as their manager gets to finally park. Making cute expressions to each other, Hannah and Carolina have a competition before getting out. Hannah jumps out first because Carolina is a gentlewoman, Hannah holds on to her bag in one hand and keeps her long shirt down with the other, surprisingly having a pretty good balance but still smiling widely when Carolina holds out her hand. Carolina can easily get off the van by herself in her sneakers, but she is silly among her girlfriends so Hannah holds her hand and as soon as Carolina has gotten out of the van they close the door, Hannah link their arms and they walk with fast steps to the building. The whole time the people out here are making noise, filming or taking pictures, and Hannah keeps her head low while she can’t stop smiling – someone is shouting out their new song, maybe singing but doing in the loudest tone that it sounds like screaming.

The door closes between them and Maria has started to dance; a cheering dance.

“We’re 5 Pieces, go ladies, we’re winning, our songs are the best, yo!” Maria is cheering, slowly and by being in the way for the others going forward, all until Emelia goes through and the leader starts complaining at her.

They are going to sign their albums, hundreds of them probably to have it prepared, have some more work before Kyung Ho’s school will end. But before that, Hannah walks by their manager. She has been calming down during the ride, honestly she can’t be angry at her manager for long, mostly because she knows his intentions, so instead of just passing by she has her arm around him for a brief hug.

“I only want you to be careful,” Manager Lim tells her in a low voice.

Hannah nods, happy he doesn’t hug her back but the concern in his voice tells her enough.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 30th: Hannah Knocks Down Antis With Her Response On Twitter

Headline 30th: Watch 5 Pieces’ Fresh Summer Drinking Yogurt CF

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces Break YouTube Records With Latest Music Videos

Headline 30th: The World Sings [Girls Power] To 5 Pieces’ Latest Album

Headline 30th: SM Entertainment Releases Showcase Performance Of [POWER UP]

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias - Hope you like the late updates! Comments are love <3