Five Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! :D I miss you so much~ I'm sorry for not being able to post the previous chapter cuz of my health and I'm grateful Lulu did it for me. Thank you for the get well soon wishes ^^ I feel better now and I'm sorry for making you guys concerned and I feel happy being able to read all of your wonderful comments, they make my day :) I try my best to reply to every comments ^_^ Welcome for the new subbies and readers, hope you're enjoying the story :3 I can't promise I will be able to update every Sunday from now on cuz life is getting busier than usual but I'll try my best to give you all the usual update or maybe a little earlier, I don't know xD

Enjoy reading~!

p/s: I notice that my u/n is a bit long so you guys can just call me Hana ^^

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

A week has passed since Woohyun saw Sungyeol in front of him for the first time in a year (after their improper breakup). He has been anxious ever since to the point that he is finding it hard to focus on his work, he just hopes Sunggyu doesn’t notice it anything.

Woohyun can’t explain what he felt or the thoughts that have been crowding his mind since his encounter with Sungyeol at the cafe. All he knows is he doesn’t want to meet him he is still ashamed of how things ended, and with all his heart he doesn’t want Sungyeol to see him.

Woohyun feels silly about the fact that he ran away from the café that day, leaving behind a very confused and dumbfounded Sunggyu. He didn’t even get to finish his lunch and even worse he ran out without paying for his meal. He stood outside of the cafe out of sight, but he still had clear view of what was going on inside the café, he watched Sungyeol talking with Sunggyu and Myungsoo as though they were old friends.

Is he that close with them?

He suddenly feels the guilt and anger from a year ago creeping back into his heart. Woohyun can’t help but think about his relationship with Sungyeol and how it came crashing down after a year of dating. He is mad at himself for making Sungyeol suffer back then.

He wished he had been wiser and wished he had acted more mature for both of them. Sungyeol has done so much for him, but instead of standing up like a man he acted like a rebellious teenager instead. Woohyun had chosen Sungyeol over his family, he moved out of his parents home to live with the other man.

Now that he thinks back he feels regret. If he had chosen to listen to his family back then, he wouldn’t have to suffer the financial problems, that ultimately lead to the destruction of their relationship. If he chosen Sungyeol over money, they probably would still be together, but instead here he is hiding from his past like a refugee.

Woohyun now realizes how childish his actions were. Woohyun feels like a total idiot.

Maybe he should have just listened to Sungyeol back then:

' Hyunnie, maybe we should take things slow, and not rush into anything. We don’t have to live together to be lovers or to be in love. We can still see each other, date, hold hands, and be together. I know your parent don’t like me. We are from two different worlds. I’m nothing like you, I don’t have a good family background and I didn’t live in a big house. Maybe listening to them will help them to see that I don’t want to hurt you, and that I love you, and then they may start to like me and approve our relationship’

Woohyun sighed remembering the past, he has reflected a lot on his past actions after the break up. He knew Sungyeol was not to blame. But one day he snapped from the weight of it all and took out all his anger and frustration on a vert innocent Sungyeol. Sungyeol who always tried to understand Woohyun, but Woohyun was so caught up in how he felt, his anger and his rage, that he never offered Sungyeol the same understanding he had always recieved.

 

‘I told you, didn’t I? I never asked you to choose me over your family! I didn’t ask you to move in with me! I didn’t ask you to stop going to school or to find a job! I never asked anything of you! You know that it’s hard to find a job nowadays so why the hell did you make this choice? I work three part time jobs for us, but you keep getting fired after only a couple of months. Now you have been fired again and you’re blaming me?! I have tried to do my part equally. I spent time with you despite my busy work days. But lately you come home reeking of alcohol! Why you can’t try to understand my point of view? I have always understood yours and I always supported you.’

‘I’ve had enough of this! You’re right; I should have never choosen you over my family. We’re over! You and I are nothing from this moment! ‘

 

Woohyun didn’t realize he was crying till he felt the tears hot against his face, as he remembered the fight that broke them apart. He feels bad now for the horrible things he said to the other boy, and for blaming him. Woohyun doesn’t think he’ll ever be to forget the look of hurt on Sungyeol’s face when he said those awful words to him. The boy’s face was red and puffy, and tears stained his beautiful features, but Woohyun just left him like that, never looking back after he slammed the door.

 

“Woohyun, are you okay?” Sunggyu taps Woohyun’s shoulder.

Woohyun wipes away his tears and looks at Sunggyu, “I’m fine, boss. I’m sorry I spaced out for a bit. Do you need anything?“

Sunggyu frowns at Woohyun’s words, it’s the first time the man has called him boss normally it’s ‘Sunggyu’ or ‘old nagger’. Sunggyu notices the tears on Woohyun’s cheek and wipes them with his thumb. Woohyun leans into the touch and Sunggyu’s nearness and warmth are somehow comforting.

“Why are you crying? Is something wrong? You know you can always talk to me, right? I know I’m not a counselor, but my ears are yours if you need them.” Sunggyu smiles at him reassuringly.

The older man’s eyes are full of concern. Woohyun wonders when it was that he last heard words of comfort. Probably when he was still with Sungyeol, who always seemed to know when something was wrong.

Woohyun’s feels as though his heart has been embraced and flooded with the warmth that he has been craving since the break-up. He holds his head down as he cries silently, realizing he can never really escape his past.

What he did to Sungyeol was terrible and unforgivable. Right now Woohyun wishes he knew what to do to make it right.

Sunggyu panics when Woohyun starts crying again, he feels helpless and not sure of what to do. He leans over and lightly starts patting Woohyun on the back, but decides that what the younger needed was real comfort, and with that thought in mind he pulls Woohyun into his arms and allows him to cry.

‘He is not in any condition to drive to night. He may have to stay here.’ 

Sunggyu decides in his mind as he continues to console the crying Woohyun. They stood like that for a while, seeing him assistant so fragile made Sunggyu feel bad somehow, almost like he was hurting too. Woohyun has always been happy and smiling or making fun of him. So seeing him like this was painful.

The last months with Woohyun have been both enjoyable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter