Thirty-Three Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: IMPORTANT 

Yay! Fast update /dancing hard/

So, I think some of you are confused or wondering what's going on at the previous chapter so here you go! A very long flashback special for my subbies ~_~

Please don't be confuse, this flashback is a continuation from the event that happened on the same day on Thirty-One Step! Thirty-Two Step is what happened on the next day after WooYeol part on this chapter! 

 

Enjoy! 

-Hana-

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

(THAT NIGHT)

 

The car ride to Myungsoo's house is so awkward for Sungjong but not for Myungsoo who doesn't know anything.

"Listen, Myung... " Wow, it feels weird to call him by that name. It's been so long, the younger thought.
"What is it?" Myungsoo as he turn to look at his friend.

"I don't know where or how to start but don't trust Doyeon, the woman you just met at the hospital."

"Doyeon? That's Dahee, Jong-ah. And why I shouldn't trust her? We're friends." He ask in confusion.

"First, she's not our Dahee so basically she's not our friends. Second, she's Dahee's twin, Doyeon. Third, if you have your memory with you, even if she's the last person on Earth, you won't ever trust her."

"Is me not having my memory was a bad thing?"

"Very.. Sungyeol must be really sad.." He said but whispers on the last sentence.

Myungsoo's ears somehow perk at the name Sungjong mention. He don't know why but his heart is trying to tell him something. The man wanted to ask something but the driver cut him off.

 

"Young master, there's people at the gate." The Kim's mansion head butler said as he slow down and stop the car. He knew those not the person the boys in the car wanted to see.

"Oh my God, not her again.." Sungjong silently curse his luck that night. Doyeon is not alone apparently but Myungsoo's parent is also present. What the hell you crazy woman?! 

"Dad? What is he doing here? Why is my step-mom is here too? Aren't they at Canada?" Myungsoo seems confuse about everything.

Sungjong close his eyes and massage his temple, What is this timing seriously? 

"Young master..."

"Myungsoo, listen to me carefully. Whatever they said please don't trust them even your dad. I beg you. Sungyeol is waiti-"

Sungjong sentence was cut off when there is a knock on the tinted window, who other than Doyeon who must be in excitement. He bit his inner cheeks in annoyance and anger. The younger want to take Myungsoo away but then it will lead to another problem and they can't afford to have one more problem in their life. The current one is already a lot and troubling.

The younger look at his friend with begging eyes and desperation before he open the door. He hop out from the car and Myungsoo follow.

 

"Uncle.. It's been a long time. Aunty.." He said as he bend his head a little to show the elder some respect.

"That's right, Sungjong-ah. I didn't know you're back in Seoul already." The old man said.

 

It's almost a year... 

 

"Wh-what are you doing here, uncle?" He ask in hesitation.

"To see my son of course."

 

Since when you come to see Myungsoo by yourself? 

 

"Uncle, maybe we should head inside. It's cold outside." Doyeon speak up with that sly smile on her face.

"Yes, sure dear. Myungsoo, let's go." Mr.Kim said as he turn to walk inside but then..

"Sungjong-ah, it's late. Why don't you go back? We're going to have some family meeting." The elder continue before he walk away.

Sungjong's heart clench at the mocking tone the elder just used. Once again he look at Myungsoo who have been quiet since they came out from the car.

 

"Don't worry, I know how to take care of myself." Myungsoo smile at his friend. Honestly, when he see his parents and that woman who resemble his Dahee, his heart once again trying to tell him something.

"Contact me or the others if anything happens." Sungjong said in a slow voice as he hold Myungsoo's hand.

 

"I don't know why but my heart is aching wanting to see and hold Dongwoo hyung's friend, Sungyeol." He smile sadly as he look at their hands.

 

"That's because Sungyeol is your fia-" Once again Sungjong is being cut off. Only God know how much the younger wanted to beat up the woman in front of them.

 

"What are you doing? Let's go." Doyeon said with her sweet voice as she take Myungsoo's hand into her and drag him away leaving Sungjong behind.

 

Though no one can see and hear but Sungjong somehow able to make out the words Myungsoo's mouth mouthed,

 

'Please hug Sungyeol and the babies for me.'

 

At that moment, Sungjong's heart break into pieces as his eyes begin to form tears. Myungsoo and Sungyeol is having the biggest crisis in their relationship where they can only hold on to their love to keep living and each decision the two make without proper communication will decide their future either it will be good or bad.

If the heartache Sungjong feel right now already as painful as being stab multiple times, imagine the pain Sungyeol has to face and overcome without Myungsoo beside him.

Sungjong silently pray with all his heart, soul and life whatever God is trying to do to them by giving these problems, he pray that everything will end well and they can live happily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hoya, I'm home!" Dongwoo announce as soon as he open the door. Sungyeol follow behind with the twin's stroller.

"Welcome home, Woo. Eh? Sungyeol?" Hoya look confuse when he appear the corridor and see Sungyeol.

"Sorry, can I stay here for a while?" Sungyeol ask sheepishly.

"O-of course! It will always open for you and the twins." Hoya said happily as he approach the man and hug him missing his friend.

"I heard from Dongwoo hyung. Glad you're okay, now. Everyone was worried sick, you know." Sungyeol hug the man back and patted his back.

"Sorry about that but here I am now." He put on a smile as he want to hide the worry on his face.

"Hey, baby.. Oh my God, you two is so cute!" Hoya squeal when he look at the babies on the stroller staring at him with their eyes wide open.

"Okay, baby. Calm down, let's move to the living room first. Let Sungyeol sit first, he's tired." Dongwoo said as he drag Hoya away who can't take his eyes off from the twins.

 

 

Fair enough, once they arrive at the living room, Hoya quickly go to the stroller to pick up the baby girl but Dongwoo stop him.

"Go wash your hand." He told the younger in serious tone. Hoya waste no time and run to the nearest washroom.

In the meantime, Sungyeol pick up Min Ki and smell his diaper.

"I knew it. You were so quiet." Sungyeol said as he look at the baby boy with squinted eyes who look at him back with a innocent look on his face.

"Hyung, do you mind?" He ask.

"Hahahaha, looks like Min Ki will officiate the guest room with his poo-poo. Come, don't worry. It's clean and safe for the twins. I made it in case of emergency and I always keep it clean for them because I don't know when will they need it." Dongwoo said with a smile as he lead the way.

"Hyung... " Sungyeol feel grateful and blessed to have this kind people in his life. Who cares for him and his babies who they consider as their own.

"Aww, don't cry.." Dongwoo turn around and surprise to see Sungyeol wiping his tears with his free hand. Thank God he haven't put down his bagpack where it contain the twin's necessary or else he will look ugly with the tears running down his face and snots coming out from his nose.

The elder give the man a quick hug as a comfort.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry I only know how to trouble you." Sungyeol said with a sniff.

"It's not a big deal, this is your home too. Go change his diaper before he cry." Dongwoo said when he notice Min Ki's tremble lips showing that he will cry soon if his mommy delaying his needs for a new clean diaper.

Sungyeol smile and disappear into the room. Dongwoo walk back to the living room and notice Hoya is already there.


"Hey, sweetheart.. Do you remember me, uncle Hoya? I'm sorry I was late." He said as soon as he finish washing and drying his hand.

He pick up the baby girl and offer his finger to her. Min Jee quickly grab it between her tiny fingers. Hoya's heart swell at the cute gesture.

"You're so big now. Thank you for staying strong." He kiss her forehead.

This is the first time he meet the twins after their birth. He can only watch them from a far that day and they were small and depend on the incubator to survive but now, they can even breath the same air as the adults and not to mention they have grown so much since the last time he saw them. Like a month ago?

 


"We'll talk later. So much is going on right now. Sungyeol is exhausted." Dongwoo said as he come closer to Hoya and make funny faces for Min Jee.

The baby girl let out a big giggle and move his tiny fisted hands around.

"Okay. I'll go heat the food." Hoya said as he put Min Jee down gently on her spread out blanket that Dongwoo did a second ago on the spacious couch. He take the pillow and place it beside her both right and left for safety then left to the kitchen while Dongwoo keep a watch on the baby.

Around ten minute later, Sungyeol return to the living room alone. He walk towards the couch where his baby girl playing alone while massaging his stiff shoulder.

"Where's Min Ki?" Hoya ask when he return to the living room.

"Asleep right after eating his dinner. He loves sleeping like his daddy." Sungyeol chuckle at the resemblance of his son and Myungsoo. For a moment, he forget about what happens with Myungsoo.

"Dinner is ready, right Hoya? Let's eat before it turn cold. I'm starving." Dongwoo change the topic without being too obvious.

"I'll join in a bit. I need to change Min Jee, feed her and put her to sleep. If I didn't feed her now, she will wake up in the middle of the night crying." Sungyeol said.

"I'll change her. You go eat first." Hoya quickly volunteer for the task.

"I don't want to trouble you."

"It's okay, Yeol. Let Hoya do it. I'm sure he want to enjoy more time with Min Jee before she go to sleep, he didn't get the chance to with Min Ki. He just met then after a long time." Dongwoo try to reason Sungyeol and Hoya nodded in excitement as he look at Sungyeol with puppy eyes.

"Okay but let me show you how to change her diaper. Then you can feed her while eating. Then I will put her to sleep." Sungyeol couldn't reject his friend's request, he was there through out his pregnancy and he know the man love the twins as much as he is. Besides, this is the first time they met after the twin's birth.

"Okay!"

 

 

30 minutes pass after all the diaper changing, feeding and burping and finally Sungyeol able to put his baby girl to sleep. Min Jee is not east to put to sleep tonight because one, she's a daddy girl and second, she knew this is not her comfy bed.


"Is she asleep?" Dongwoo ask as he bring three cups of hot choco to the living room.

"Yeah, she took after me so much." Sungyeol said as he take a sip of the hot choco and slump his body down on the couch.

"Come here, and sleep. You've been through a lot today." Dongwoo said gently as he sit beside the younger and pull his head to his lap.

The elder caress his hair softly and the soothing feels make Sungyeol feel relax for the first time today.

"I mi-miss h-him... "

Sungyeol said in whispers as he try to hide his flowing tears but Dongwoo heard it all and feel his friend's sadness.

Dongwoo continue run his fingers gently on Sungyeol's hair and sing him a lullaby and the younger eventually fall asleep due to exhaustion.

Sungyeol may show a strong and independent facade, but inside, he's af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter