Forty-Four Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! Another update for you!

Thank you for subscribe and read my story! <3333

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Two long weeks has passed since Hoya's operation for his new liver. A lot of things happend in those two weeks and one of it was Hoya ended up in deep comatose for a week leaving Dongwoo devastated even though the operation was successful. The elder lost so much weight in two weeks. The latter even have a pair of eyebag under his eyes but he didn't mind as long as Hoya is safe and under his care.

Hoya is now in recovery phase and today is his last day in the hospital. Two days ago and yesterday the two received a visit from their friends feeling relieved and happy about Hoya getting back his health and Dongwoo can stop worrying. The only one didn't came to visit is Woohyun. The group of friends gathered at the ward room and they have a serious talk on what had happend to Woohyun the past weeks and what the two of them decided to do with their current situation.

That was the first time Dongwoo saw Sunggyu fighting so hard not to cry his heart out. What had happend was beyond awful and it was painful. He can't imagine how Woohyun felt and how guilty Sunggyu must've felt towards the younger. Dongwoo feel guilty for not being able to be there for his friends but Sunggyu understand. He will surely visit the Kim's mansion to see how Woohyun has been doing.

"What are thinking about, Woo?" Hoya's voice snap him out of his thoughts.

Dongwoo shake his head with a smile and continue folding a few clothes to pack the bag.

"Are you happy to be back?" The elder ask as he put all the clothes inside the bag and put it aside. The only thing need to be settle is the paperwork.

"My mind and body is sore all over. I can't wait to go back home. To sleep on our bed, to eat your food, disturbing you while cooking and doing chores, to hold you and kisses you all day long." Hoya smile in excitement.

Dongwoo chuckle at the younger, "All day long? No can do, we got work to do at the cafe." He laughs and Hoya sigh defeatedly.

"But might be possible on the weekends."

"I want to sleep in." Hoya jokes.

"Yah!" Dongwoo roll his eyes in annoyance.

Hoya laughs.

"I want to see Sungyeol's twins. I miss them." He said.

"Soon. You won't believe how much they've grown over the past weeks. Their 100 days celebration is just around the corner."

"Really?! I must've been out for a long time. I want to help Sungyeol prepare for the big day." Hoya said excitedly.

"A very long one..." He whispers as all the events that happend a few weeks ago flashes through his mind like a movie. His heart ache painfully but he don't want to show to the younger. After all, Hoya knew another version of the story about his operations and stuffs. Dongwoo had discussed with the doctors and his friends that it is the best to keep what actually happend as a secret. Hoya is better off knowing nothing about the bad memory. Dongwoo wanted to protect his happiness and part of him want Hoya to forever forget the events that involved Doyeon. Somehow only that part of his memory that the brain decided to discarded. The latter don't even want to think or even talk about Doyeon. All he knows that now that woman is at psychiatric hospital thanks to Boohyun. At least all of them are safe now and that is all that matter.



"I hope my brain can start function normally soon. It's killing me that some of the memory is there and some not."

"Don't push yourself too hard. The doctor said it was because the trauma you had and the aftermath from the operations. Some might return and some not so just leave it there." Dongwoo accidentally raise his voice at the last sentence. He apologize to Hoya and the younger shake his head with a smile not taking it to heart. He knew Dongwoo is just worry sick about him.

"Okay, I won't. I'm sorry for being careless and got into an a horrible accident. I'm sorry for making you worry."

"It's not your fault. I'm just happy that I have you back in my arms safe and sound." Dongwoo approach the younger and pull him for a hug and Hoya gladly hug the elder back.

"Let's go home, Hoya."


 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@




Dongwoo is pressing the code on his door and Hoya already ready to take off his shoe as he can't wait to breath in the scent of their apartment. He feel like he hasn't been home for such a long time it actually feel weird but Hoya just shrug it off.

The elder open the door and the both enter the hallway with the bags. Hoya walk ahead and Dongwoo follow behind. It was evening but the house look pitch black. As Hoya step into the living room, he was surprise with confetti and everyone shouting "Welcome home!" taking him off guard.

He open his eyes after being startled like that and greeted by the views of the house decorated beautifully and the face of his friends; Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Xiumin, Sungjong, Boohyun, Hyuna and even Jongyup ahjusshi is there smiling. Dongwoo just smile and lean on the wall beside him as he watch from behind. He's happy to see Hoya without any worries and almost gain his health back.

"Welcome home, Hoya!" Sungyeol greeted his friend and co-worker with a bone crush hug and Hoya return the hug just as much as his friend give him. Everyone start to greeted him and wishes his health and stuffs one by one. He is truly grateful for the concern and the surprise.

"Hoya, see who is here." Sungyeol appear with almost 3 months old Min Jee in his hands and Sungjong has Min Ki.

Hoya turn around from being occupied talking with Xiumin to look at the adorable twins. He smile from ear to ear and approach the man to adore the baby.

"Hello there, sweetheart. It has been a long time, isn't it? Uncle Hoya misses you so bad." He give the chubby cheeks a long kiss earning him a loud giggle from the baby girl.

The entire room laughs at the cuteness scene in front of them when Min Jee give a high pitch squeak when Hoya pamper her face with kisses. Obviously she is happy to see her uncle Hoya again.

Min Ki on the other side have his cold look yet adorable pout on his lips. He really is the carbon copy of Myungsoo. Hoya take the small palm gently and give his finger for Min Ki to grab and he really did. The baby boy start to give a few excited kicks and small smile that melt Hoya's heart. That smile will surely make every girl's heart broken.

"Are you good to your mommy?" Hoya coo and Min Ki produce incohorent sound as if wanted to reply his uncle Hoya.

"You my boy, gonna break a lot of hearts in the future like your daddy." Hoya laughs giving Myungsoo a knowing eyes.

"Yah! I never break anyone's heart because it's belong to the twin's mommy only." Myungsoo cross his hand and said proudly.

"Sorry Myung but the twins is my number one. Aren't you, sweetheart?" Sungyeol teases and cooed at Min Jee and the girl look at her mommy weirdly then she throw out her arms demanding her daddy.

"At least my baby girl loves me." Myungsoo take his daughter from Sungyeol who now pouting.

"She sure is a daddy's girl."

"And Min Ki is a mommy's boy." Sungjong said as he get closer to Sungyeol and pass Min Ki to the elder who more than excited to have his mommy to himself.

"Really you two? You're fighting over the twins when they're both yours?" Dongwoo shake his head in disbelief.

"Well, that's how it works when you got kids." Myungsoo laughs and the other join.

A sudden ringbell grab their attentions,"Must be Sunggyu and Woohyun." Dongwoo said as he go get the door.



"Hey, you guys made it." Dongwoo said happily when he open the door.

"Hey there, buddy." Sunggyu smile and give a quick hug to Dongwoo.

"Hi, Woohyun. Glad to have you here." Dongwoo said gently when he notice Woohyun behind Sunggyu.

Woohyun look up and smile, "Hi." He said simply and Koko bark.

"Koko, be nice. This is a good friend. Be a good boy." Woohyun said almost in silence to the puppy in his arms.

Dongwol just smile and give a way for the two to enter.

Sungyeol notice Woohyun in the hallway and passes Min Ki to Sungjong as he sprinted towards his best friends. Woohyun without hesitation put down the puppy and hug Sungyeol.

"I'm happy to see you, Hyun. How you're feeling?" Sungyeol ask as he break away from the hug.

"I'm happy too, Yeol. I feel great. I even able to go out like this although I still need time to be like before but Sunggyu help a lot."

Sungyeol smile as he feel relieve the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter