Fortieth Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys!

Finally an update :D I know I promised you to expect an update this week and it supposed to be Wednesday,

Sorry I took long >_< but I somehow managed to write almost 12 pages, longer than usual xD

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

A week later....

 

“I can’t wait to go home.” The man in hospital robe said as he stretches his body.

“You make me worry once again, I divorce you right away.” Sungyeol huff.

“Yeollieeeeeeeeeee.” Myungsoo whine cutely at his faince.

“Don’t Yeollieeeeeeeeee me. I’m pissed.” The man continue packing up Myungsoo’s stuff.

Myungsoo chuckle and get off the bed to go to where Sungyeol is. The latter is back facing him so he didn’t realise that Myungsoo is off the bed.

 

“Ah!” Sungyeol jump in surprise when there is a pair of arms circling around his waist tightly yet gently. He let out a relieve sigh when he realise it was his idiot fiance.

“You know...” Myungsoo begin leaving soft pecks on the man’s neck as he said his words.

“What?” Sungyeol clear his throat and act like he is annoyed with Myungsoo though he loves having his handsome fiance so close to him like this after so long.

“You can’t divorce me, Yeol...” Another kiss on his earlobe.

“That ticklish, Myung!” Sungyeol try to push the man away but Myungsoo quickly turn the man around and push him gently onto the couch.

“Yah!” Sungyeol blink his eyes in surprise by Myungsoo’s action. One moment he was back facing him and in a split secon, now Myungsoo is on top of him.

“Like I said, you can’t divorce me because we’re not married...yet”

Sungyeol roll his eyes, “As if I don’t know.” He pout.

“Well, do you want to?” He ask as he look directly to Sungyeol.

And once again Sungyeol is taken by surprise, “ W-what?”

“Do you want us to get married?”

“W-wait...what?”

Sungyeol want to smack Myungsoo’s head for having that stupid grin of him on his face after manage to taken Sungyeol by surprise twice.

But suddenly his thought went to somewhere else.

 

A week has passed since Woohyun’s incident, Min Ki’s abduction, Hoya’s incident, Doyeon’s getting arrested and Boohyun’s statement on what happend. Myungsoo finally regain consciousness after three long days of awaiting. Sungyeol can finally breath easily when the doctor informed him that Myungsoo has passed the critical condition and will be fine after a good rest. The whole waiting felt like years as if he’s standing on the edge, he can’t eat, he can’t sleep, he can’t think and he just can’t simply function.

Although he’s grateful that Myungsoo is back, his heart aches for his friends. It’s heartbreaking to see Dongwoo so lifeless waiting for Hoya beside his bed. For the whole week, Dongwoo never leave his lover’s side, he don’t eat nor drink nor sleep. Sometimes Sungyeol has to persuade him to eat even just a spoon or drink even just a sip and sleep even just a nap.

 

“Myung...”

“Yes, baby..” Myungsoo notice the sudden concern shown on his fiance’s face and look at him with caring eyes.

Myungsoo move from hovering Sungyeol to sit properly on the couch and pull Sungyeol to sit on his lap.

The man caress his fiance’s face slowly and gently wanting to provide some comfort knowing that he’s been through a lot for a weeks.

“Will Hoya ever wake up?” He whispers.

“Oh, sweetheart...” Myungsoo wrap his arms around Sungyeol and hug him tight.

“I’m worried... Hoya is not waking up and Dongwoo is slowly falling apart.. I can’t bear to see my friends suffering..” Sungyeol start sobbing on Myungsoo’s arms.

“They’ll be fine. I know they will. As long as we’re here for them, everything will be alright.”

“But it’s not that easy, Myung... Hoya can d-die..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Han Doyeon, you’re free to go but under the supervision of the police.” The officer informed Doyeon and lead the girl out of the cell.

“Thank you.” Boohyun thank the officer and Doyeon bow down.

“I told your parent that you’re at some secluded beach wanting some time alone, that’s why they can’t contacted you. Thank God they trust my words or I have to face another troubles when I have enough on my hand right now.” He sigh.

“I’m sorry, oppa..and thank you..” She said almost in whispers.

Spending a week alone in the cell did Doyeon some reflection on her actions. She did regrets it because she thought she can handle her other self but it seems that she failed, again.

“Get in.” Boohyun said as he open the door of his car.

“Where are we going?” She ask.

“You’ll see.”

 

Around 20 minutes later, they arrived at the big hospital and soon enough Doyeon notice which hospital it is.

“Are we going to see Hoya oppa?” Doyeon ask in excitement but Boohyun keep a straight face as he nod.

“How is he? Is he fine? I’m worried.”

“I want you to know that after we visit him, I need to inform you on something and I hope you will take it as my concern towards you. Not because I hate you but because I care about you.” The elder said as he park the car.

“I won’t go against you this time but you better be fast before I go crazy again.” With that she get out of the car and follow Boohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s time for you to wake up, you sleepy head?”

“.....”

“If you leave me again, I will really be mad at you!” Dongwoo try to sound like he’s upset but when receive no response from the unconscious man, only the beeping sound from the machine makes him sigh heavily for the nthtime.

“I won’t be mad at you so please wake up, Hoya-ah...” The latter is now on the verge of crying again. He lost track on how many times he shed tears for the last one week.

Dongwoo wipe his tears and clear his throat with a determined look.

“I’m sorry, baby.. I won’t cry again, you hate to see me cry so please wake up soon. I promise I won’t cry as long as you’re awake.”

 

Knock knock knock

 

“Dongwoo-sshi..”

“Ah, Nurse Cha. I will step aside.” Dongwoo said as he pull his chair back and give space for the doctor and nurse to do the daily check up.

The nurse give him a warm smile and the doctor behind her enter the room.

 

“Dongwoo-sshi, how are you?” The doctor ask. He know how hard it is for the man waiting his unconscious lover in critical condition to wake up because there is no guarantee he will if his condition does not improve.

“I’m fine, thank you.. I’m more worried about him.” He smile sadly.

The doctor just give him a pat on his shoulder and do his job. Dongwoo then give space for them and wait patiently at the end of Hoya’s bed.

 

The doctor was doing the check up and murmuring words to the nurse when suddenly the machine that show Hoya’s heart beat and blood pressure beeping in alert surprising all the presence in the room. Hoya show sign of difficulty in breathing even with the oxygen mask to help him do so.

“Doctor! What’s wrong?!” Dongwoo panic as he move closer to Hoya and hold his hand.

The doctor push the emergency button and order the Nurse Cha to quickly take the debrifilator.

“Doctor! Please tell me what’s wrong with him!” Tears already flowing down his face.

“I’m sorry but you have to stay outside!” Nurse Cha in urgency and bring Dongwoo to outside of the room as she close the door.

 

“Hoya, please....” Dongwoo now pacing back and forth outside the younger’s room with hand clasp together praying earnestly.

His heart already beating so fast and when he see the nurses running towards his direction and into Hoya’s room, his heart drop in shock.

 

“Please, I beg you...Dear God, please don’t take him away f-from m-me..” Dongwoo wait anxiously outside. He so want to be inside to hold Hoya’s arm and said that he’s here, that he never left his side even once.

 

“Dongwoo-sshi!” Boohyun run towards the man. He see there are a few nurses running from the nurse station to somewhere but then when he see Dongwoo outside the room, his hunch must be right.

Dongwoo turn his head to the direction of the voice and see someone but couldn’t figure out who but he’s glad someone is here. He needs someone to lean on at this time, so bad.

 

“What’s wrong? What happend to Hoya?” He ask as Dongwoo immediately jump into his arms crying his heart out clutching on his shirt so tight.

“I d-don’t kn-know....”

“Ssshh, it’s okay. He’ll be fine...” Boohyun caress his back gently trying to comfort the crying man.

“H-He won’t! If we can’t find donor, h-he can’t su-survive!” Dongwoo shout out his frustration that he’s been holding ever since he learned the news from the doctor a week ago.

The sound of the door opening attract the two men’s attention and Dongwoo literally sprint towards the doctor.

 

“H-HOW IS H-HE?!”

“Like I said before, he need a donor fast because what happend just now can happen again if we can’t do surgery on him soon. Hoya able to hold on just now but if this happen again, I’m sorry to say that you may need to prepare for the worse.”

Dongwoo gulp hard as tears continue running down his face.

“Pl-please..I b-beg y-you, do-doctor..please save Hoya! I’ll do a-anything, please d-doctor1” The crying man get on his knees begging with all he have.

Boohyun look at the doctor and give a nod. The doctor nod back and leave the two. Boohyun crouch down to get on the same level as Dongwoo and pull the man into a hug as a comfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter