Forty-Three Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! This is soooooo late, I know and I'm sorry.

I was planning to updated last weekend but I had food poisoning so it had to be delayed.

Anyway, I hope you guys still reading this story and anticipate it a lot >.<

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

"It's your fault, Gyu! I'm like this because of you! Because you weren't there when I need you the most!"


Sunggyu jolted up from his sleep by the dream and groan in pain as the headache start to hit him.

"God...my head feel so heavy..." He whine as he massage the temple with both hand slowly sitting up.

"There's a water on the nightstand and medicine for the headache. Oh, and also hangover soup for you, Master Sunggyu." Jungyeop inform as soon as he realize Sunggyu is up when he went to wake the man earlier.

"Okay..." He reply without looking up.

"Master Woohyun cooked it for you early in the morning and bring it up here." Jungyeop smile sheepishly when Sunggyu's head spring up and his eyes blinking in surprise. The butler excuse himself and close the door only to hear a sound like someone trip and fall.

"Well, that sure give him the energy boost." He laughs and leave to do other works.



"Ouch! The hell Sunggyu!" Kim Sunggyu literally can't believe himself for reacted like some high school girl in love getting her crush noticed her.

"My knee..." He whine as he blow his head knee caused by the impact.

"Oh, Woohyun..." As if a light bulb turn on, the second master in the mansion just remember what happend last night and waste no time to get to where the younger man is.

Sunggyu forgotten the water, medicine and the hangover soup as his head filled with the memory of yesterday and his heart once again breaking to pieces. As long as he'll live, he will never be able to get Yongguk's voice out of his head. He can't stop imaging the horrible thing Woohyun went through even though he don't want to. The thought of Woohyun crying and shouting and begging for his help, for him to come and rescue him will haunt him forever that Sunggyu began to dreamt things.

When Sunggyu open the room to Woohyun's door and he wasn't there, he rush down the staircase surprising the maids who currently cleaning the staircase.

When he reach the bottom, Sunggyu spotted the man he love at the backyard playing with Koko with a bright smile that Sunggyu haven't seen in a while since everything that happend to Woohyun and him.


He walk slowly to the sliding door and trace the image of the younger with his hand through the glass afraid of breaking Woohyun even more if he get near and touch him for real. Tears puddle in Sunggyu's eyes threatening to fall anytime soon as he once again imagine the pain Woohyun had to go through while silently hoping for the elder to hear his cries for help but he never there to save the man he love from the misery.

With his head clear and his mind can think things without the alcohol getting in the way, now Sunggyu can feel his heart shattered even more and it is in so much pain that he's not sure if he can survive this frustrated and painful heartbreak. It is as if the heart is mend back together just for it to break to pieces all over again each time he think of Woohyun. This will be an endless circle for Sunggyu as the guilt in him grow larger and larger each second passes. Various "If only I .." is going through his mind at the moment that he wish he have power to turn back time.

The anger in him start to build up with all the thoughts that he didn't realize he was holding the anger by his hand so hard that it bleed. Even if he notice the pain, it can't even compare to how painful his heart being crush and break at the moment. He wasn't mad at Woohyun, he never will. He was mad at himself, disappointed at himself, ashamed at himself, hate how ignorant he was when he got that sudden feeling of distress about Woohyun but he decided to asked Sungjong to see if the man is alright or not. Stupid Kim Sunggyu, you don't deserve Woohyun. Not even deserve to let yourself live.

Sunggyu is deep in his thoughts that he literally gritted his teeth as tears falling down like waterfall until certain someone's voice bring him back to the reality. How he miss that voice, he thought as the memory of them together talking and laughing flashes through his mind.


"SUNGGYU!" Woohyun call out the man in surprise when he see the blood dripping on the floor.

The latter notice the elder was behind the sliding door and decided to let him be but Koko suddenly start running to the door and bark with it's paw clawing the door. Woohyun run to where Koko is and that's when he realize that Sunggyu is not watching him anymore but blinded by his own thoughts and emotions. He is even more shock when he saw the blood on Sunggyu's hand that he didn't realize he was using his voice, the loudest at that and call his name while open the door.


"Sunggyu, your hand! It's bleeding!" Woohyun is freak out when he open the door to see the blood on the floor start to form a puddle.

He immediately grab the elder's hand and drag him to the kitchen as it is the nearest place to go to the sink and wash off the blood.

"Master Sunggyu and Master Woohyun.." One of the main said in surprise when the two man enter the kitchen with Woohyun holding bleeding hand of Sunggyu.

"Bring me clean towel now." He said and the maid disappear for a minute then return with the towel.

Woohyun finish wash off the blood from Sunggyu's hand and he can clearly see the almost-too-deep cut caused by the the elder's fingernails. The sight make Woohyun's heart clench painfully.

'I knew this gonna happend!', he thought as he mad at himself for letting Sunggyu learned about what happend to him that day. Sunggyu don't deserve to know that now, not when Woohyun himself is still trying to heal himself and let the elder know from his own mouth. When both of them ready to open a new chapter in their life. Not when both of them at the point of breaking to the deepest depth they never wish they reach it.

'I swear I will kill you, Yongguk.', Woohyun mentally make a note on that.

Woohyun grab the towel from the maid and wrap it around Sunggyu's right palm to stop the bleeding.

"What are you thinking hurting yourself like this?!" Woohyun raise his voice in anger. Angry at himself for letting this happend to the man he love.

Sunggyu don't know why but he keep his silence and let Woohyun drag him here and there to treat his hand while nagging at him. He was push to sit on the couch and Woohyun beside him.

"Don't whine if the anti-septic sting on your cuts." Woohyun said as he dab the liquid on the cuts and Sunggyu hiss in pain.

"Thankfully it wasn't too deep and don't require suture and all those complicated medical things." The younger continue with his rant as he bandage the hand.

"Your right hand is your dominant hand, how do you suppose to do your work like this? You can't even change your clothes for a few days."

Woohyun finish what he's doing and just realize he was talking the whole 10 minutes. He blink in confusion when Sunggyu just stare at him like he's some art hanging in the gallery.

"Stop staring." He huff in embarassment. Well, more like surprise that he can talk, like actually talk especially to Sunggyu after weeks.

Woohyun pull his hand back and create a distance between him and Sunggyu. As he is just about to open his mouth his again, Sunggyu get down on his knees with his head hang low.

"W-what are you d-doing?!" Woohyun ask in surprise as he also get down to stop the elder from kneeling for God know why.

"Hyung, get up. What are you doing?" The latter said with firm voice but Sunggyu stay put.

"Hyung!"

"I'm sorry, Woohyun." Sunggyu apologize in slow voice.

"What for, hyung? What for?" Woohyun ask while biting his inner cheeks trying not to cry. The emotions he bottled up suddenly threatening to burst out from its cage and he's afraid to show such a weak and pitiful side of him to Sunggyu.

"For letting you got hurt, for letting you suffer alone, for letting you scarred for life and for letting you d-down.. I know apologizing for millions times will never be enough but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a worthless man for you. I wasn't able to protect you. I wasn't able to do anything for you. I'm sorry you got in such a mess because of Yongguk and me. I'm sorry...I'm s-sorry for n-not able to sa-saving you from that b-beast..." Finally Sunggyu let his tears fall. He could care less whatever or whoever watch him cry. His heart in too much pain that he can't hold it in any longer. He wonder how Woohyun keep everything bottled up. It must be painful for the younger as well.

Woohyun already a crying mess but he try to keep himself composed and decided to let himself lose from the chain he created they day his dignity was taken away.

The latter scooted closer to Sunggyu and engulf the elder into a hug. Sunggyu's warmth and scent. Woohyun crack a smile.

"My Sunggyu, my lazy stupid hamster..." He said gently and immediately receive a pair of arms tightly wrap around him.

"Stop blaming yourself, hyung. Like I said last night, I only need you by my side. You're not worthless for me, you are my hero. You stayed with me every single day in the hospital and take care of me even when I pushed you away. You hold my hands and said the sweetest words that make my heart melt even in my sleep. You kept reminding me that none of this is my fault and that you will still love me despite everything and truthfully I don't believe that but deep down I want to hold that words of yours as my motivation to move forward so I did. What made you think I agreed to stay here with you if it wasn't because I want to eventhough I didn't answered when you asked? I may not able to talk and open my heart up to you at that time but not because I don't want to. I needed time. I was too ashamed of myself and that I don't deserve you anymore but that moment when you place your palm gently on my face and caressed it with so much care and look at me with so much love, I realized your heart never change and I want to give back all the love I received from you. Please stop blaming yourself. I don't blame you for what happend, hyung. When I'm down, you were there waiting by my side and even when I ignore you and never say anything back, you were there waiting patiently and keep on talking to me. I just want you to stay beside me like you always do. Slowly but surely I will also be there for you and talk to you like I always do. I love you, Kim Sunggyu. I always do." Woohyun tighten his hold when he finish. He don't regret what he just said and never will.

Sunggyu snap his eyes open with tears running down his face when he hear Woohyun said those words. The words he thought he will never hear again from the younger. He bury his face and cry harder against Woohyun's chest.

"I l-love y-you too...Al-Always.." Sunggyu said between his hard sobbing. How irony a simple words can mend a broken heart but they both know even if heartbreak heal, you will never be like you were before but they don't mind as long as they have each other to lean on in every situations and love each other in every single flaw.

"A-About Yo-Yongguk.."

"Another time, Gyu. Let's just focus on us for now." Woohyun smile when he feel the elder nodded against his chest, We always seem to find our way back to each other, every time. You are the greatest man I've could ever met. You are my reason to keep living. I love you, Kim Sunggyu.

 

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@

 

The next day, Myungsoo wake up to an empty bed. When he realize Sungyeol is not on the bed next to him, he turn to look at the clock and it's only 7 in the morning. It's not unusual for his fiance to woke up at this time but what's unusual is that Myungsoo didn't get the kiss that Sungyeol always give him whenever he woke up first. He may be a deep sleeper but he will always notice that small peck Sungyeol gave however there was none today.

"Sungyeol..." Myungsoo call out for the man but he receive nothing. Maybe he's with the twins, he thought.

Groaning lazily and push the blanket awat, Myungsoo get off the bed and head to the bathroom to wash his face and wear something proper before finding his fiance.

He is just about to ascend the stair to the twins' room but then he hear voices in the kitchen and decided to check it out.

"What should mommy do, sweetheart?" Sungyeol let out a heavy sigh as he feed Min Ki his bottle.

"Do what, Yeol?" Myungsoo ask as he enter the kitchen.

Sungyeol jump in surprise and breath out in relief when it's just Myungsoo.

"Nothing. Fancy to see you wake up so early." Sungyeol said as he turn around not wanting to face the other man.

"You know, your face says 'I need a certain Kim Myungsoo to hug me and kiss me'." Myungsoo chuckle when Sungyeol's body stiff in surprise.

"G-Go make breakfast. I'm not in the mood." Sungyeol stutter as he walk pass by his fiancé and went to their bedroom.

"I will make yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter