Forty-Five Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

"Oppa..." Doyeon blinking in surprise when the man enter the room.

After Boohyun get Doyeon out of the cell, he brought her to a psychiatric hospital and Doyeon pretty much know about it so she didn't refuse. She need to be taken care of and Boohyun need to ensure she is stable before he can bring her back to the US and also keep her out of trouble or creating trouble.

"I'm just dropping by to see how you're doing." Boohyun said as he occupied the seat beside Doyeon's bed.

"I guess not so bad." She smile sadly.

"Hoya is recovering well, thanks to you."

"I'm glad I can at least do something good for once." Doyeon said as she place her hand on the upper abdomen where she gave part of her liver for her childhood friend. The guilt inside for hurting Hoya will never subside as it will only grow larger each time but that is a good thing, at least that's what Doyeon thinks because with that event keep playing inside her mind helped her to control herself from doing something bad.

"As you asked, no one know you are the donor but they're thankful whoever donored it."

"I don't mind as long as Hoya oppa is saved. Are you here just to tell me this?"

"No. I wanted to inform you that Hoya lost his memory about you. He didn't know he was shot by you. Dongwoo told him that he was involved in a horrible accident and that he need a new liver to live."

"I understand. You don't want me to ever appear in their life anymore." Doyeon said as she turn her head away facing the window trying to hide her teary eyes.

"It was for the best."

"I want to go to the States. Mom will freak out if I don't return in a few days. I’ve been here almost a month." She said as she let out a huge sigh.

"I will try to take care of the document."

"Better be fast, oppa. I don't want to go crazy again." She warn him and Boohyun nodded.

"Can I ask one last favor?" She ask before Boohyun go out of the door.

"What?" He stop and turn around to face Doyeon.

Boohyun's eyes went wide as he didn't expect Doyeon to said something he was always afraid of. He didn't know how and when did she found out.

"Can I meet your daughter? After all she's my biological niece." She ask innocently.

Boohyun can feel his heart drop to the deepest ground as his brain starts to dysfunctional thinking of Jiyu's safety that he's been protecting for 6 damn years just to get blow up like this.



"Don't frown. I will not do anything to my own niece." She smile but Boohyun gulp hard trying to hide his shock face.
 

'You killed her mother, what are the chances you won't touch her? This is why I kept secret of Jiyu's existence. This is bad.' Boohyun's mind can't seem to stop thinking about all the bad things that might happen to his daughter.




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@






"You should talk with Sunggyu about this new caused of panic attack. After all, what had happend was a huge blow to both of you, it is normal it left a with you with a trauma like this. He may be too have his own insecurity about the unfortunate event of losing his unborn child. I can't help too deep because this is your privacy and only you two can solve it."


Woohyun sigh as he remember what Dr.Choi just adviced him during his session earlier. Sungyeol also told him the same thing, to talk with Sunggyu. It's not like he don't want to but it's hard. The topic itself is a hard one. To even think back on what had happend is even harder.


"Koko, why is everything so complicated?" He ask the puppy who enjoying the cushion of Woohyun's arms.

Koko look at its owner with a puppy eyes innocently.

"Don't give me that eyes. I know it means you want to go to Sunggyu which means I have to talk to Sunggyu." He huff in annoyance.

How can he talk about it when they're not together anymore. It's not a small matter. What if Sunggyu will never want to be with him anymore? What if Sunggyu will never want to build a family with him? What if Sunggyu don't love him anymore? What if this...what if that....Woohyun can feel his head getting a headache thinking all of that ‘what if’ question.

Koko bark in excitement to signal that Woohyun got it right and the man roll his eyes.

"Where the hell is he anyway? He's late."

Sunggyu apparently cannot accompany Woohyun to his session today due to emergency at the office so the elder just drop him off until he was called in by the doctor. He promised to pick him up before he finish but it's already 10 minutes passed that.

Thank God the lobby isn't full of people or he would have freaked out. But Woohyun glad to take this chance to see how much he's progress.


"I see you're alone, young man." A middle age man dressed in uniform working as a guard at the counselling firm flash him a smile.

Woohyun wasn't a stranger for the old man. He knew the younger always come at his workplace for the session with his husband but today he's alone.

Woohyun is startle but then breath out in relieve when it's just the guard. The old man is a nice man. Always greeted him and Sunggyu although Sunggyu did the greeting back but he did too, silently.

"Where is your husband?" He ask.

Woohyun blink in surprise, husband?! We're not even dating anymore,! Husband?!

"H-He is not m-my husband." Woohyun said confidently with a bit of stuttering.

The guard give him a confuse look, "You guys are not married? I thought you two are because you guys look perfect together. I'm sorry I was jumping to conclusion." The man smile apologetically.

Woohyun can't help but admit that the statement he just heard make the blush creeping up his face thinking the possibility of being married to Sunggyu, the man of his dream and then he shake his head, "It's okay, ahjusshi."

Calm down, Woohyun. Calm down. Stop blushing over everything that involve Kim freaking Sunggyu.

"How are you doing today?" He ask again.

Woohyun wanted to reply that he is good but somehow the word can't come out from his mouth and instead he give the old man a confuse expression.

"I don't know..." Woohyun in whispers. He don't know why but he feel like he can talk with this ahjusshi when he know he is afraid to talk with stranger this much. Weird.

"Everyone who came to this counselling firm have their own problems. Some keep coming back and some don't. Some exited the building with a smile and some look like it's the end of the world. Some came with their partner and some always alone which is sad."

"Why sad?" Woohyun ask as he is intrigued by what the ahjusshi is saying.

"Because they know what they need the most is their partner but because their partner gave up on them to early, they turned to another person. It may help in some way but not as efficient as having your partner beside you helping you get through all of this together. After all, two is better than one. Right?" The ahjusshi smile.

The words Woohyun just heard feel like a pang to his heart.

"What I'm trying to say is that, no matter how big the problem is and how hard it is to talk about it, talking with the person that involve in all that is the important thing. Relationship is all about communication and effort. That's how the trust you need in him and vice versa created between the two of you. Not many of them that came to this place is as lucky as you are."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Having a lot of problems is not the problem but either having the person you trusted and supportive of you is here with you or not. Give a chance to him and yourself to work it out together. He is waiting."

Woohyun's mind quickly think of Sunggyu and all of the things that the elder have done for him. Sunggyu always be there for me but I...don't...

Woohyun look up and wanted to say something but the ahjusshi already walk away.


"I'm just afraid Sunggyu will leave, I-I think that's why I've been a-avoiding him..." The latter said in slow and defeated voice.

Woohyun didn't even realize that Koko jump from his arms while he's talking with that ahjusshi and run towards the man that he is waiting for.



"Woohyun..."

Woohyun turn around in surprise and feel his heart thumping faster at the sight of the man that took his breath away since the first day he worked for him.

"Ready to go home?" Sunggyu ask with a smile.

Woohyun nodded with absentminded but then quickly shake his head.

"I-uh...Sunggyu, I..." The latter biting his lips nervously and fidgeting in his spot can't think of how to finish his sentence.

"Yes, Woohyun?" The elder patiently waiting for the younger to say what he want to say. To be honest, Sunggyu hear all of the conversation Woohyun had with that old man. The latter feel like everything the old man said is true and that they missed exactly that in their current situation, trust in each other. They might confesses their feelings before but without trust, it meant nothing. The trust both of them lost the moment Woohyun's identity was revealed.

'We are still immature despite everything, aren't we Hyun?' Sunggyu thought silently.

"I want to go for a w-walk.." Finally Wooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter