Forty-Sixth Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost 7 in the evening and about time Boohyun come home from work. Sungjong and Jiyu already finished making their pizza and it was a fun time for the two of them and Sungjong forgot a moment about his sickness. After they done with the pizza, Sungjong clean up the mess they made while Jiyu adorably and clumsily set up the table. The elder just let the little girl do it her way because that way she’ll learn from her mistake when he corrected her later. Later, Sungjong help Jiyu with her bath and once again they have a loud and happy bath time. Watching Jiyu smiling and laughing reminded him of Dahee, his best friends used to smile and laugh all the time. Jiyu surely take after her mom.

“Jiyu-ah, in a bit daddy will be home, do you want to surprise him?” Sungjong ask in excitement as he gently and prettily braided Jiyu’s long and shiny black hair.

Jiyu turn her head around with a big smile,”Jiyu want to surprise daddy!”

Sungjong smile back and nodded. The mommy and daughter begun their mission to knock down their hero.

 

 

Boohyun turn off the ignition to his car after he finished parked the car in the parking lot and let out a long sigh.

“What a long day today but at least there was a good thing happens.” He smile when he remembers the video call earlier in the afternoon, Jiyu accepted Sungjong to be her mommy.

“That kid is too smart anyway, even if I want to explain better on the situation, Jiyu always one step ahead of me.” Boohyun can’t help but laughs at his cheeky daughter. He stop daydreaming and quickly grab his bag and file before hop out of the car and locked it. The latter almost arrive at the elevator when he remember that he left something in the car. He quickly run to the car and pick it up before proceed to the elevator once again.

 

After arrive at the penthouse of the apartment, he unlock the door and get inside but something is weird. Really weird.

“I’m home!” He announces but no reply. He take off his shoe and proceed to the living room.

“Why is the house so dark? Jongie? Jiyu-ah?” He try again after putting down his jacket and other stuffs on his hand. He then went to switch on the lights when there is a sudden sound of water running in the bathroom from his bedroom. Okay, this is getting scary, he thought silently.

“Jongie? You’re there? Jiyu?” He calls them once again as his head carefully look into his bedroom through the gap of the door. He push the door slowly and walk carefully to the sound of the water running. Unconsciously, he is sweating like crazy. To be honest, he is bad for this kind of stuffs. Not that he’s a scaredy cat but he just don’t like horror stuffs and he knows the younger man is a fearless brat. I swear, Jongie..if you jump out of nowhere, I will tie you up on the bed for the whole night! Boohyun swears in his mind. And how dare he brings my daughter into this! Jiyu will so not let this thing go if I screamed like a little girl. She will forever mock me! Jongie!

When Boohyun open the door to the bathroom, he saw a long hair on the bathtub and he unknowingly scream his life out and fall on his .

“ARRGHHH! GOD I HATE THIS! DON’T COME NEAR ME, SADAKO!” Boohyun literally scared for his life and spit nonsense while closing his eyes with his hand. Then he feel a tap on his shoulder. He know he shouldn’t look but his head turn around and in a second he scream for one second and fainted.

 

Jiyu surprise at the sudden situation and quickly take off her mask and wig and tend her daddy. Sungjong too come running after struggling to get out from the bath tub and in the end he take off the wig and the white dress and run to his lover who sprawl on the floor with Jiyu concernly trying to wake her daddy up.

“Daddy! Daddy, wake up!” Jiyu concernly calls out for her dad.

“Wake up, daddy! Jiyu is sorry!”

Sungjong notice the small smile on the elder’s face and chuckles.

“Jiyu-ah, do you know Sleeping Beauty?” Sungjong ask out of no where.

“Of course, mommy. But why?”

“How did the princess wake up from her sleep?” He asks the little girl.

“A kiss from the prince.” Jiyu answer correctly.

Sungjong smile, “Why don’t Jiyu be the princess and give the sleeping prince a kiss?”

Jiyu look like she’s thinking hard and come up with a conclusion that literally make Sungjong and Boohyun choke on their own laughs but Boohyun still continue with his acting.

“Okay. Let’s give daddy a kiss from Jiyu and mommy.” Sungjong don’t mind that he have to comply with Jiyu’s suggestion because the little girl is so cute and innocent.

Just when the two of them lean on to give a kiss to both of Boohyun’s cheeks, Boohyun open his eyes and trap the two with his muscular arms. Jiyu squeal in surprise and try to breakfree but her daddy is strong so yeah. Sungjong on the other hand is not that surprise at the sudden counter attack and also try to  breakfree with a little tickle on the elder’s armpit. The trick work and he rescue Jiyu to escape with him.

“Jiyu, let’s run!” Sungjong said and the two sprint off from the bedroom to the living room.

“Yah! You two devils...” Boohyun chuckles and run after them.

The three of them now stuck in the living room with Boohyun acting like a predator that want to hunt down his prey. Boohyun chase them in circle around the living room and Jiyu and Sungjong cannot help but laughs hysterically while running and soon after the three of them are tired and just drop their body on the large fully couch happily.

“You little brat..” Boohyun said while panting. Sungjong just look at him and laughs. Jiyu got up and drop her body between Boohyun and Sungjong. The three then laughs again.

“Jiyu is so happy right now!” She said as she uses her small arms to hug both of the adults. The adults happily return the hug to the little girl.

“Oh my! We forgot the pizza, Jiyu-ah...” Sungjong gasp when he remembers their dinner.

“Serves you right for playing pranks on me.” Boohyun smile sneakily.

“It’s okay, mommy. We can eat the pizza without daddy. Let’s go.” Jiyu let go of her dad and take Sungjong’s hand.

“Nam Jiyu, are you sure you want to leave daddy?”

“Of course, daddy.”

“Then daddy will eat the strawberry cake alone.” Boohyun said and get up from the couch holding a box of cake that he bought on the way home.

Jiyu gasp and her eyes immediately beams with love for the cake. Sungjong find the situation hilarious. How can he not when one moment the daughter had her daddy in her palms and now her daddy turn the table around in a snap of a finger? The latter just shake his head in disbelief.

“If the two of you still fighting over the cake and did not come to the dining table within three second, I will eat all the pizza and the cake alone.” Sungjong threaten the father adn daughter.

“1...2...”

“....3!” In a speed of light Jiyu and Boohyun are now seated on the chair facing the pizza on the table.

“Thank you for the food.” Boohyun and Jiyu said at the same time and about to dig in when Sungjong stops them.

“Aigoo, like father like daughter...Even if you’re that hungry, please go and wash you hands first.” Sungjong said in a stern voice that the two quickly get on their feet. The younger chuckles at the situation and all of a sudden he feel lightheaded. Sungjong almost lost his balance and quickly take a hold of the table to prevent himself from falling off the chair. He try to calm down and regain his composure before Boohyun and Jiyu is back from washing their hands.

‘Please hang on, Sungjong. Let tonight went on without anything happen. Boohyun and Jiyu deserves this moment of happiness. It’s okay, you went worse than this. Hang on, Jong-ah...’ Sungjong silently calm himself down.

 

“You’re okay, Jongie?” Boohyun asks when he return to the seat with Jiyu.

“Of course. I’m hungry so let’s start eating the pizza.” Sungjong give a smile to hide whatever is happening to him.

“Thank you for the food!” The three of them said their gratitude to the God.

Boohyun and Jiyu immediately enjoy the pizza happily and just watching them make Sungjong full. The younger feels warm inside watching the scene in front of him and he wouldn’t want to trade this happiness with anything. He want to enjoy as much as happiness while he still can.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter