Thirty-Four Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello there! I'm sorry I break my promise again. I was sick for the whole month, I didn't expected that so I'm sorry the update took too long. 

My cat is pregnant T_T (♥ω♥*) and she scratched me! Now I have a long bloody red line on my forearm. It hurt like hell ●︿● 

Thank you for your wishes for the last a/n note <3 

 

Enjoy! 

-Hana-

 

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

Sungjong sit nervously outside the emergency room. He try and try calling Sunggyu but his hyung never pick up. The younger is scared and worry over Woohyun's safety. Sungjong shudder at the thought if he found Woohyun a second late.


"Jongie!"

Sungjong turn in surprise when someone call his name. He sigh in relief when he see Dongwoo and Hoya running toward him. The younger stood up and went straight into the elder's arms and cry. Finally he let out his fear and anxiety over the situation, he's been holding it for quite some time as he need to focus on Woohyun. He was alone and don't know what to do but to feel someone is here with him relaxes him and make him feel safe. 


Dongwoo hug the younger back and caress his back. He know Sungjong must've been scared. When he received the younger's call earlier, Sungjong was crying so badly that he have a hard time understanding the words came out from his mouth. 


"Hyung.."

"What happened, Jongie? What's wrong with Woohyun?" Dongwoo ask worriedly. 

"I'm n-not su-sure.. I we-went to che-check up on h-him for Gyu hy-hyung but th-then I fo-found him unconscious." Sungjong explain between his sobbing. 

"How's he?"

"I do-don't know.."

"He'll be fine, don't worry. You saved him, Jong-ah. No one know what will happen if you didn't found him so don't blame yourself, it's not your fault." Dongwoo feel a pang of guilty in his heart as he too begin to worry about Woohyun. He knew Sungjong must've feel worse and blaming himself for letting this happen when it's not even his fault at the first place. 

"I'll try call Sunggyu." Hoya said as he step aside a bit to call the said man. 


"Who-"

"Sunggyu? Is that you?"

There's a silent on the line for a second when the voice is back, "Ah, Hoya. Sorry, I answer without looking at the caller id. What's wrong?"

Hoya can hear a sound of files and paper and even people talking about work, he must've been busy.

"Sungjong called you plenty of times. Where were you?"

"I was in a meeting, I left my phone in the office. Why? Is Sungjong okay?" Now the sound is gone and only Sunggyu's concern tone can be heard.

"Sungjong is fine but it's Woohyun.." He said slowly. 

"Woohyun?! What's wrong? Where is he? What happened?" Sunggyu bombarded him with questions. 

"Calm down and come to the hospital. Seoul Hospital."

"I'll be there in 5." Sunggyu hang up and Hoya sigh. 


He look at the time and it's already 12 in the afternoon. It's been two hours since Sungyeol is out. Hoya went back to the other and now the two already calm down and sit at the vacant seat outside the emergency room. 

"Woo, has Sungyeol call you or something?" He ask.

Dongwoo shake his head, "No, why?"

"It's been two hours. He said only for an hour."

"Really? I didn't notice it's been that long. Why don't you call him?"

Hoya nodded and call his friend. He worry something might happen to the man. He was alone and with two baby at that walking without anyone accompany him. 


"Yeol, where are you?" He ask quickly when the line is connected. 

"He's not available. Who's this?" A strange man answer the phone making Hoya jump in surprise as he grip his phone tighter. 

"Who are you?! Where's Sungyeol?! What did you do to him?!" Hoya raise his voice at the stranger on the phone surprising Dongwoo and Sungjong. 

Dongwoo mouthed 'What happened?' but Hoya ignore. 

"I-"


"Hello?"

"Sungyeol?! Is that you?" 

"Yes. Hoya?"

"Yes, it's Hoya. Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's wrong? You don't sounds good."

"Where are you?" Hoya ignore the question. 

"At the cafe near the park. Wh-"

"Wait there, I'll be there in 10. Don't go anywhere. Wait for me."

"O-okay." Sungyeol hang up. 


"What's wrong?" Dongwoo stand up and grab the hem of Hoya's shirt before he got away. 

"I'm gonna go pick up Sungyeol." He said quickly. 

Dongwoo nodded, "Return to me safely."

"I will. Sunggyu will be here in a bit." Hoya inform the elder before he walk away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry, I shouldn't pick it up." The man apologize when Sungyeol look at him with a glare. 

"My friends will think I was kidnapped or something since they don't know you." Sungyeol sigh. 

"Well, I almost being accused just now. Sorry. I thought it's important so yeah.."

"It's okay, just don't do it next time." Sungyeol sigh. He is actually afraid if Myungsoo call and Yongguk is the one who answer it, his fiancé will think he's cheating or something and Sungyeol didn't want that considering their situation at the moment. 

"Okay, sorry. So what's wrong? Sounds like important." Yongguk ask carefully as he take a sip of his coffee. 

"I don't know. My friend said he will pick me up."

"Now?"

"Yeah, he's on his way now."

"Guess we have to continue our talk later." He laughs. 

"I guess so. Sorry."

"Where's your husband?" The older ask all of a sudden causing Sungyeol choke on his drink. 

The latter cough for a while before he reply.

"Fiancé, actually and he's uh out of the country at the moment." Sungyeol lied. He can't possibly tell his long time friend who he just met after years about his relationship problem. It will cause another headache for him. The current one already a pain in the .

Yongguk blink in surprise but then smile awkwardly, 

"Ah, I see. You wear a wedding ring so I thought you're already married. You even have twins." 

"It's his promise to me and I believe in him no matter what. The twins was unplanned but we didn't regret it. It was the best thing that ever happened to both of us." Sungyeol said as he look at the sleeping babies while tracing the ring on his wedding finger longingly. He's longing for Myungsoo. 

"Of course! If you two have faith in each other, nothing can beat that. I wish you two the best. The twins is surely cute. Too bad they're sleeping, I want to hold them." Yongguk sigh sadly. 

"Thank you. They were tired from the walk so maybe next time you can hold them." Sungyeol smile. 

 

"If only he's still alive, I'm sure I will be a father too." The man whispers. 

 

"Sorry, what did you say?" Sungyeol ask in confusion. He sure heard something but it's not clear enough. 


"Sungyeol!"

The two turn to look at the voice coming from the entrance of the cafe. 

"Hoya." 

"Yeol, are you okay?" Hoya ask as soon as he reach Sungyeol. 

"I'm fine. What's wrong with you? Did something happened?"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter