Ten Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi there~ ^^ Sorry I couldn't do the double update last time >.<

I think the update this time is a bit faster right? xD Maybe take longer time for the next one depending on our busy schedule, sorry. T_T

As usual I welcome our new subbies and readers :D Idk how you guys find this story but I hope you enjoyed it! :3

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

Sungjong woke up because of a sudden pain in his abdomen. He was sweating, but trying to endure the pain and not make any sound. The last thing he wanted was for anyone in his family to know about his condition.

 

He puts his pillow over his mouth to muffl his groaning; the pain is too much and man feels like he is going to pass out. Sungjong reaches out fumbling on the nightstand trying to get to the painkiller the doctor has prescribed.

 

He opens the bottle with difficulty and swallows down a pill. The pain has become unbearable, but thankfully the medication is fast acting.

 

Sungjong sighs loudly in relief as the pain slowly starts to disappear. A knock on his door has him quickly hiding the prescription medicine.

 

“Jongie-ah, are you still sleeping?” Sungmin peeks his head in the room to check on his little brother.

 

“I’m awake, hyung. I’ll be down in a bit.” Sungjong replies his voice raspy.

 

Sungmin steps inside feeling as though something is not right.

 

“What’s wrong with your voice? Are you sick?” Sungmin asks as he walks towards Sungjong’s bed.

 

“No, I’m not. It’s morning, hyung. Of course my voice sounds like this.” Sungjong tries to find an excuse.

 

“But you’re sweating so much.” Sungmin wipes the moisture from the boy’s forehead with the hem of his shirt.

 

“I’m fine. Just wait for me downstairs. I’ll be down after I finish showering.” Sungjong says as he tries to get up from bed, but falls back down when his legs give out.

 

If not for Sungmin’s quick reflexes the younger of the two would have hit the ground.

 

“That’s it. You’re not okay, Jongie.” Sungmin tries to put Sungjong back in bed, but the younger man escapes from his hyung’s grip.

 

“I’m fine, seriously. I just had my foot at a bad angle.” Sungjong says as he walk towards the bathroom.

 

Sungmin watches silently. He knows something is not right. Sungjong is never like this.

 

Sungmin is greeted by his butler who is waiting for him in the dining room.

 

“Ahjusshi, can you tell the chef to make porridge for Sungjong?”

 

“Is young master sick?” The butler asks.

 

“I am not sure. Let’s just make today’s breakfast porridge. Sungjong doesn’t like to eat porridge while I eat something else. Don’t make the porridge too plain, he will think it was meant for him. You know what I mean, ahjusshi. Take care of him today; I have a business trip today so I will be away for most of the day.” Sungmin said.

 

“As you wish sir.” Jongryeol retreats to the kitchen to deliver Sungmin’s order.

 

 

Woohyun open his eyes and lazily looks around the room. He sighs in relief when he realizes he is home. At least he didn’t sleep in Sunggyu’s bed again.

 

He gets up and suddenly remembers he was drunk last night , he wonders how he made it home. His eyes grow wide as he remembers he was with Sunggyu yesterday.

 

“Did Sunggyu bring me home? I was so drunk how did he even get me here? Omo! Did he carry me here? Why am I always such a mess in front of him? He is my boss! Now he’ll think badly of me.” Woohyun scolds himself.

 

He gets up from the bed and checks to see if the other man is in his apartment. He breathes a sigh of relief at being alone; he was not ready to face his boss. He should at least have a shower first.

 

The clock on his night table reminds him he only has an hour left. He quickly takes a shower and gets dress before rushing out of his front door.

 

While driving to work his mind wanders to the previous night. He vaguely remembers the warmth of Sunggyu’s body as the older man carried him.

 

Woohyun may have seemed like he was asleep, but it was more of a drunken stupor. He remembers hearing talking and he thinks it was Sunggyu.

 

Woohyun tries with all his might to remember what the man said. Something tells Woohyun he missed something important.

 

He was so lost in his thought that he didn’t notice the person in the crosswalk until he was about to hit him. Woohyung slams on his breaks just barely missing the man. The man stumbles and falls down.

 

Woohyun immediately stops the car and quickly gets to make sure the person he almost hit is okay.

 

“Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need to go to hospital? I’m so sorry. If you need to go to the hospital I will pay for any treatment you need.” Woohyun says as he helps the man up.

 

“Woohyun?”

 

The voice is familiar.

 

Woohyun can't hide his surprise.

 

 “Sungyeol? A-are you okay? Did I hurt you? Are you in pain?” He bombards the man with questions. It dawns on him that Sungyeol is pregnant.

 

“I’m fine. You didn’t hit me, I was just surprise and stumble back.” Sungyeol says as he his stomach. He was a little scared that something might have happened to the babies, but thankfully they’re all fine.

 

“I’m really sorry. Are you sure you’re fine?” Woohyun asks again.

 

He is worried about the man and his unborn child.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Where are you going? To work? Let me drive you there.” Woohyun says.

 

“No, it’s okay. I can walk.” Sungyeol declines the offer and starts to walk off when Woohyun grabs his hand.

 

“Think of it as my apology for almost hitting you. Myungsoo will be mad if he knows about this.” He says.

 

Sungyeol turns around sighs and begrudgingly takes the ride. .

 

The drive to the café was silent. Neither Woohyun nor Sungyeol knows how to break the awkward atmosphere.

 

Woohyun finally breaks the silence.

 

“H-how are you?” Woohyun stutters.

 

“I’m fine.” Sungyeol answers naturally.

 

“I see. Do you still live at the same place?” Woohyun mentally slaps himself for asking that question.

 

“No. I live with Myungsoo now.” Sungyeol answers without hesitating.

 

Woohyun eyes go wide and he looks Sungyeol then quickly focus his attention back on the road. Well, that should be obvious. Sungyeol is pregnant, he can’t live alone. 

 

Stupid Woohyun.

 

“I see. Uhmmm… congrats by the way.”

 

“What for?” Sungyeol ask looking out the window having no intentions of looking at the other man.

 

“Y-your pregnancy. I overheard D-Dongwoo and Sunggyu.”

 

Sungyeol is shocked at first at the man’s reply, but he thinks it may be for the best this way. He has moved on and he is happy with Myungsoo.

 

“Thanks. We’re having twins by the way.” He says as he rubs his belly.

 

 He feels movement from the babies.

 

 Guess they’re awake now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter