Thirty-Six Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HELLO SUBBIES! <33333 I am very sorry for the late update /cover face in shame/ Thank you for still waiting patiently :3333 I already wrote another chapter and will update again soon hehehe

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

A few days ago... Boohyun side

 

 

"Hey, how my sweetpea doing there?" The man smile sweetly as he caress the 6 years old girl who have her eyes close. The beeping machine beside her no longer show irregular beat like last night that almost shocked him to death.

"Don't scare me like that again, okay? Don't leave me like your mommy, okay? I love you, Jiyu-ah." Boohyun lean in and drop a peck on the girl's forehead.


"She show a lot of progress, Mr Nam. I'm sure she will wake up soon." The doctor smile.

 

 

 


A few days ago... Myungsoo side

 

 

"I will not go through this marriage." Myungsoo firmly said without hesitation when the dinner with Doyeon's parents end surprising the folks except Doyeon.

"Myungsoo!" Mr Kim raise his voice at his only son and Sojin had to calm him down before she speak.

"Son, what's wrong? I thought you came here with us because you want to." She said slowly.

 

"I do came here because I want to but I didn't said I will marry Doyeon, I came here because I want to cancel the marriage. I know it's better to say it when the people involve right in front of me, if I wait for Doyeon to do it, I think it will never happen. I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Han but from the start I never want to go through this because I already have someone I love and we're already build our own family. I'm sorry for not telling you this sooner." Myungsoo stand on his feet and bow 90 degree as an apologize to the Han.

 


"Doyeon sweetheart, I thought you said Myungsoo agree with it? Did you lied to us?" Mrs Han ask her daughter.

Doyeon ignore her mom and look at Myungsoo with no expression except a very dark eyes that can bore a hole through Myungsoo's skull.

"Fine, I'm tired with all this anyway but..."

Myungsoo about to smile but then he can felt a threaten tone in Doyeon's next words.

"...but don't blame me if anything happens because it's your choice." 

"Let's go mom, dad." She stand up from the sofa along with her parents and bow her head a little to the Kim and leave. The sounds of her heel make an exit from the Kim mansion echo in the whole house leaving a spooky vibe all around.


"We will talk about this later, Kim." Doyeon's dad said at Myungsoo's father before he too leave with his wife.

Mr Kim fisted his hand in embarassment and anger. He then throw a punch at his son when the Han was out of sight. Myungsoo fell to the ground with a hiss as his hand touch where the pain is.

"Honey!" Sojin surprise at her action as she crouch down to check on her stepson.


"HOW DARE YOU EMBARASSED ME LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF THE HAN???!! YOU INSOLENT CHILD!"

 

"You don't have the right to hit your child like that!" Sojin raise her voice at her husband as she step up between the two men to protect Myungsoo.

"Stay out of this..."

"No, I won't because Myungsoo is my son too. He have the right to make a choice of his own including who he want to be with. I don't want to lose another son because of the same mistake you made!"

"Not you too! It's the only chance to secure the safety of our future!"

"Yo-"

"I will save your precious company." Myungsoo announce his decision as he try to get back on his feet and look at his father.

"What? You run a company? Ppfft, are you kidding me? Haha" 

"I will get back your company on the right track but instead let me be with my family, with Sungyeol and the twins."

"Myungsoo-ah, what about your cafe? You can't run two business. It'll be hard." His stepmom sounds concern.

"I already settle that problem, stepmom. It's MY cafe so it doesn't concern anybody except me." Myungsoo said.

"So you will take over the company?" Mr Kim ask.

"Yes, I will just like how you wanted hyung to do the it but he rejected. I will run your company but let me live my life the way I want to. Don't you want to meet your grandchildren? Do you even know their name? How they look like? How old they are now?"

Mr Kim look away and Sojin look at his husband with the knowing face.

"Now that I have my own family, I don't want us to continue living like this, like a stranger, no family time, continuos arguments and haunting past. It's not healthy and I don't want my kids to grow up in a situation like this, like us. I want them to have a stable family life, with me and Sungyeol and also their grandparents."

"I always wanted to meet your twins but your father..." Sojin didn't finish her sentence and look at Mr Kim.

"Hyung told me once that he wanted so much to introduce his choice of woman to our family but you were so against it that until he died he never got the chance to. That is one of hyung's greatest regret, how he wish he was much more braver to just come to you with his girlfriend instead of dragging time waiting for the right moment." Myungsoo said surprising both his father and stepmom.

"Myungsoo... How you..." Mr Kim look at his son with wide eyes.

"I remember, dad. Everything. I'm glad you're not involved in Dahee and hyung's death because I have that doubt when they died which is why I never return here but now that my memory came back..." He sigh.

Mr Kim look away with unreadable face.

"You're innocent? Why didn't you say anything to me? To Myungsoo?" Sojin ask in curiousity because she too for years had that doubt towards her husband. The old man never deny or agree whenever she asked.

"I love my sons, with all my heart Myungsoo." Myungsoo's father turn around and look at his only son with a warm smile, one that Myungsoo never see ever since Hyunsoo died.

Myungsoo felt a pang of guilty in his heart when he heard what his father said.

"Your hyung's death was my fault because I was selfish and ignorance. Because I was too highly think of myself, I lost my oldest son who never caused me trouble and always obey me. I can't accepted his one and only mistake he ever made in his life which is be with his choice of woman, your best friend Dahee. I don't care if he ask me for a car, a house or even a land, anything but be with a low life like her." He smile patheticly at himself.

Myungsoo silently listen to his dad, it's the first time his stubborn father talk about his feelings. He always know his father favor his hyung very much but he didn't mind because his hyung always share what he get with him which is why he love Hyunsoo very much.

"If only I knew by pushing him away will take his life away, I will accept his decision or at least learn about his girlfriend's personality that made him love her so much, I never even know her face. So yes, it's my fault Hyunsoo died that's why I never deny when you two asked me or accused me because I deserved it. I failed your mom, Hyunsoo, your stepmom and you, son."

"Honey..."

"Dad..." Myungsoo wanted to say something but he thought it will be better if the old man didn't know the fact that Dahee and Doyeon are twins as it will only hurt him even more if he knew that he almost hurt another son of his by marrying him to the person who killed Hyunsoo and Dahee.


"I will meet with Doyeon's father tomorrow for lunch." With that Mr Kim left.

 

 

 

Boohyun side...

 


To: Jongie ♡

I'm fine, baby. What about you? I hope you keep your promise to take care of yourself.


From: Jongie ♡

No, I'm not fine. I miss you like crazy, hyung. When will you be back? :(


To: Jongie ♡

Soon, Jongie-ah. I miss you too. When I return, I will tell you everything. I still owe you the truth that day in the hospital before I got the emergency call to fly back to The States.


From: Jongie ♡

Okay, hyung. Tell me everything, I want to know. I promised you I will listen to you until you done and then we will talk about it. I love you.


To: Jongie ♡

Whatever I tell you later, just want you to know that I always love you and nothing will ever change that no matter what your decision is after you listen to me.

 


"Daddy...."


Boohyun turn around surprise at the small voice behind him. He close his phone and put it in his back pocket before he rush the little girl's side.


"Hey, sweetheart. Are you feeling alright? Anything hurt?" He ask gently as he caress her cheeks.

She pout cutely, "My head, daddy."

"Aigoo, here let me kiss it to make the pain go away." He said before he kiss her head multiple times from her temple to her crown and in a second the little girl smile and giggle.

"There all good, right?"

Jiyu nodded with a smile feeling better already because his daddy is here when she wake up.


"Do you miss home, sweetie?"

"So much, daddy."

"We wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter