Forty-One Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Hello!

I'm happy that I am able to keep my promise to update on the same day as the previous chapter ^_^

 

Enjoy!

-Hana-

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

"I’m home.” Sunggyu announce when he open the front door and immediately the head butler greet him.

“Welcome home, Master Sunggyu. You get off work early today.” He smile.

“Yeah, Hyuna insisted that I go home early for Woohyun. No way I refused that.”

Jungyeop just smile warmly when he notice something what Sunggyu is holding, it looks like a pet carrier.

“By the way, what is that on your hand?” The elder ask curiously.

“My gift for Woohyun. Where is he?” Sunggyu ask as he give his coat and bag to Jungyeop when the butler ask for it.

“He’s in the backyard since evening and hasn’t eat proper meal yet. Master Woohyun did eat his medication but only with a bite of bread and that’s it.”Jungyeop inform his master concernly.

“And still not talking to anyone?” He guess and the head butler nodded.

“It’s almost dinner, should I set the table?”

“Sure. Is Sungjong home yet?”

“Soon. Oh, Master Sungmin is home, he just arrived this evening. He’s in the room with Jongryeol.”

“I see. Did he ask anything about Woohyun?”

“He was surprised when he saw Woohyun in that state but then he said he will wait for you to come home to tell him about it.”

“Okay. Thank you, ahjusshi.”

“It’s been a while since the house is full of people.”

“It would be great if the situation is different.”

“Both you and Master Woohyun is strong, I’m sure you two will get through it.”

Jungyeop and Sunggyu look at Woohyun from far. The youger is sitting on the chair in the backyard with his head looking up the sky. Somehow Woohyun look peaceful and Sunggyu feel relieve that at least the younger still find something that able to make him feel at peace.

“I just hope Woohyun able to find that life is still worth to live even if someday he leave me.”

“Master...”

“It will hurt me, I know but if that’s the only way for him to find himself again, I can’t forbid him to do so. After all, he became like this because of me.” Though I wish he will choose me. Sunggyu didn’t say out loud the last sentence. He want to be selfish but can he at this kind of time? Sunggyu just sigh.

 

“Oh, Sunggyu!” Both Sunggyu and Jungyeop turn to the direction of the voice and see Sungmin descending the stairs with Jongryeol.

“Hyung..” He smile. Jungyeol excuse himself to the kitchen to let the two brother spend some time together.

“Ahjusshi, wait!”

“Yes?”

“There’s a few stuffs in my car, do you mind send someone to pick it up? There’s quite a lot of it.” He smile sheepishly.

Jungyeop just chuckle, “Sure.”

 

“Long time no see, Sunggyu-ah.” Jongryeol smile at the younger.

Sunggyu smile back, “Hopefully my silly hyung didn’t give you a hard time. You look like you lost a few pounds.”

“See! Even your brother notice it, how can you not?” Jongryeol said dramatically as he went over to Sunggyu.

“Yah! I was with you every single day while Gyu not, so of course he notice it. You brat.” Sungmin pout and roll his eyes at the two men in front of him.

“I’m sorry you have to deal with this child, Jongryeol hyung.” Sunggyu pat his back in sympathy.

“I know right. I don’t know how I survived all this time.”

“Because you love me.” Sungmin smirk. Looks like the table has been turn now. Now Jongryeol is the one flustered at Sungmin’s sudden revelation.

“Y-YAH!” Jongryeol briefly look at Sunggyu to see the younger’s reaction. He even more flustered when the younger just smile sheepishly. I’m doom, stupid Sungmin.

Sunggyu just smile and chuckle at the side while the two of them bickering like 5 year old kid. To say he’s surprise at what he just heard is an understatement because he have that feel whenever the two of them together, there’s just these love sparking from the way they talk and look at each other even when they’re fighting.

The two man always keep it professional and both were really not on a good term from the start but who knows after years of working together could bring them closer than just being friends. Sunggyu mentally laughs as he remember a few years back when the two started working together, to put it simply, it was a mess but everything work out well in the end.

“Don’t forget to lock your door later.” Sunggyu smirk at the two leaving them blushing redder than tomato.

They’re both adult and even older than him but Sunggyu feel like they just too cute sometimes to be an adult or maybe that’s their charm that attract them to each other.

 

Sunggyu stop a few feet away from Woohyun who is sitting on the chair at the middle of the backyard and put down the carrier that he’s been holding on to. He unlock the small door to let the puppy out.

Immediately the little poodle run towards where Woohyun is and Sunggyu just smile. He didn’t go further or step backwards from where he stood. He just stay there watching over Woohyun silently. The younger was surprise for a second but then he grab the puppy gently and hold in agaisnt his arms.

The elder’s heart skip a beat when Woohyun, for the first time since what happend, turn around to look at him. Sunggyu need no words because he can tell from the looks Woohyun give him, even if without a smile or definite expression on his face, the elder know Woohyun is trying to say thank you and sorry.

The younger is grateful for the gift but he’s also sorry that he is not ready yet to talk to the elder. Sunggyu understand and he is willing to wait no matter how long it is.

 

“This is the first time Gyu ever care about someone this deep.” Sungmin speak.

“When you found someone you love, everything is possible.”

“Woohyun look so broken and Sunggyu is trying hard to carry on. I hope they will be alright.”

“They’re both currently holding onto the thin rope of faith that connected the two. Their memories and love that they shared together is what keeping them cared about one another silently. They try to heal themself while secretly trying to heal the other’s soul.”

Sungmin look at Jongryeol and laugh, “Since when you’re the specialist in love?”

“Since you came into my life.”

“Sunggyu may be right, I do need to lock my door later.” He smirk.

“You erted old man.” Jongryeol laughs and Sungmin join in. The two start to have a love fight starting with Sungmin tickling Jongryeol and the other man start to throw pillow at the elder. The living room is fill with laughs after a long time while at the backyard it was filled with desperate silent love.

 

Jungyeop just watch his masters from the kitchen silently. How he wish everything will work out well for Master Sunggyu and Woohyun. Sunggyu is one time kind of guy and this is his first love, the only one that able to touch the man’s heart. If the elder can be honest, he never see Sunggyu like this for the 26 year of raising him. Even though this is his first, Sunggyu is mature enough to handle his problems like an adult should, the elder is proud of him.

“The dinner is ready. Should I call them?” One of the maid ask.

“No, just let them be. They need time for themself.”

“I understand.”

“Just be on stand by in case they want to eat. Oh, how about the stuff in Master Sunggyu’s car?”

“It’s in Master Woohyun’s room.”

“Okay, you can get back to work.” Jungyeop dismiss the maid when his phone on his pocket vibrating.

 

The lab test is out. Do you want it post or email?

-Hospital Rep.-

 

Jungyeop quickly reply the text back and hit the send button when there is a sound of the front door opening. Must be Master Sungjong.

 

Ever since he met Jiyu at the park that afternoon, Sungjong has been randomly walk around the city doing some thinking that might give him answer but after hours, nothing can give him what he want so he decided to go home.

Boohyun did texted him and called him a few times but Sungjong ignored

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter