Two Step

In Between Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sungyeol woke up to the world's worst nausea attack, much too early in the morning. He jumped out of his bed and rushed to the bathroom to throw-up the unwanted contents of his stomach. His mind wondering back to what he could have eaten to get to this place.

I don't remember eating anything bad last night.

Sungyeol washed out his mouth trying to get rid of the last remnants of vomit that remaind there. His head felt wuzzy and it was not being helped by the sudden wave of dizziness that washes over him, he holds on to the sink with both hands trying to steady himself.

Am I sick? Oh man, I really hate getting sick. 

 

Sungyeol walks out of the bathroom, glances at the clock and realizes it is just seven in the morning, and he doesn't have to be at work till half past eight. He drags himself to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and stomach medicine. He takes the medication and decides to lay back down for a while, giving the medication time to work, before getting ready for work. His head still feels wuzzy, the moment his head hits the pillow he falls asleep almost instantly.

 

Sungyeol is awaken two hours later by the sound of his phone ringing. He groans at the disturbance and lazily picks up his phone.

"Hello.." his voice is groggy and sore.

"Sungyeol? What's with your voice? Where are you? The cafe is opening in half an hour and you're not here yet. What happend? You're were suppose to be here half an hour ago." 

Sungyeol is now wide awake. He jumps out of bed and quickly starts getting ready for work.

"I'll be there soon." He says hurriedly to Dongwoo before hanging up. He is dressed and ready to go in the blink of an eye. He puts on his shoes and runs off to the cafe after locking his door.

His dizziness has long been forgotten, as he hurriedly makes his way to work. However, the dizzy feeling was not to be detered and it is slowly making a comeback. Sungyeol slows his pace, his steps measured. He is just a few meters from the cafe and he still has fifteen minutes before the cafe opens. He feels very unsteady and the nauseous sensation is also staging a resurgence.

Myungsoo spots Sungyeol on his drive to the cafe. He notices that something in the way the man is walking seems off. He looks like he is having a hard time staying vertical. Myungsoo stops his car, gets out quickly makes his way towards Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol, are you okay?" He asks, the man in front of him who is now an unusally unattractive shade of green.

Sungyeol looks at Myungsoo, recognistion slowly crossing over his features. "Oh, Myungsoo. No, I'm fine." Sungyeol tries to continue walking, but as Myungsoo moves to stop him from passing, the man suddenly passes out. Myungsoo's grateful for his quick reflexes as he manages to keep Sungyeol from hitting the ground. Now the slightly green man is draped in his arms, and Myungsoo is close to panic.

"Sungyeol-sshi? Hey, wake up!" Myungsoo gentle shakes Sungyeol's body in an effort to bring the man back to his senses. But he doesn't budge. Myungsoo braces Sungyeol against his body, putting one hand behind the other's neck and the other under his , lifting him bridal style and carrying him to the car. He continues to try to stir Sungyeol from unconsciousness. Myungsoo's panic increases with each unsuccessful attempt to wake the comatosed man. His heart takes a nose dive each time he looks at Sungyeol's pale face.

He drives to the hospital not paying attention to any of the posted speed limits. His mind focused solely on the man slumped in his passenger seat. Upon reaching his destination he lifts Sungyeol into his arms and runs into the emergency entrance.

"Help! Help! I need help!" Myunsoo get the attention of the nurses at the desk.

They tranfer Sungyeol to a gurney and roll him into an examination room leaving Myungsoo in the waiting area. He takes his phone out of his pocket and makes a call to Dongwoo.

"Hello? Myung?" Dongwoo answers after the third ring.

"Dongwoo, I am to be late today. I'm at the hospital right now." Myungsoo is pacing back in the waiting area.

"Hospital? Are you sick?" Dongwoo asks the concern is clear in his voice.

"No, I'm fine. It's Sungyeol who's sick." 

"Sungyeol?! What happend?" Dongwoo's voice is just notch below yelling.

"I don't really know. He suddenly fainted." Myungsoo is in the midst of answering Dongwoo's questions when he sees the doctor walking into the waiting area. He forgets to end his call with Dongwoo.

"Doctor, how's Sungyeol? Is he alright? Why did he suddenly faint?" Myungsoo bombards the doctor with questions. He doesn't know why, but he is worried sick seeing Sungyeol like this. 

"He's still unconscious, but he will be fine. He was tired, dehydrated and under a lot of stress. That's why he fainted. We did manage to save the baby. Male pregnancy is rare so he needs to be very careful. Male pregnancy comes with a lot of complication and is very differe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter