Don't

Of rich guys, rivals, and boyfriends

~ update!! ^^ ~

warning: use of well... One curse word XD 


 

"But we can't be together."


"W-what?" Heechul asked, his voice cracking slightly. "Haha this is a joke right? It is one, right?"

"I'm afraid not. Heechul, I'm really sorry about this but--"

"No no. It's just a joke, isn't it? I never knew you were one for jokes Hangeng. Ahha--" Heechul said, forcing a laugh. It can't be, no this wasn't happening. No.

"I'm not joking, Heechul." Hangeng said firmly. "I'm serious."

"W-why?" Heechul asked, looking at Hangeng desperately. "Y-you said you liked me back, didn't you?"

"Yes I did." Hangeng sighed. "And I meant it."

"Then why?"


There was a moment of silence before Hangeng spoke.


"I can't tell you."

"What? You can't tell me?" Heechul asked, confused. Slowly his sadness was turning into anger.

"I'm sorry. I really like you Heechul, but--"

"Then why? You don't mean it do you, all this is just a joke to you. And to think I thought I had a chance." Heechul mumbled sadly as he held back his tears.

"It's not a joke. I really like you Heechul. Honestly." Hangeng sighed.

"Then why can't you tell me anything? If you really liked me, as you said, then why can't you even share the reason why we can't be together?!" Heechul yelled, the tears he'd fought so hard to hold back now falling freely down his cheeks.

"Heechul I--"

"No. Stop lying to me. If you don't like me, just tell me right now instead of playing with me like that."

"I'm not lying Heechul just listen to me I--"

"I'm listening!" Heechul said, trying to calm himself down. "I'm listening, so tell me. Tell me right now why we can't be together. Explain yourself!"

"I just... Being with me won't make you happy at all."

"What the hell are you talking about?! I'm in love with you why the hell would being with the love of my life make me NOT happy?!"

"Heechul calm down and just--"

"No. YOU listen to me, chinaman and you better listen good." Heechul ordered as Hangeng gave up. "Being with you would be like, the happiest thing that happened to me. Ever. So don't come telling me now that we can't be together because being with you won't make me happy. It will. I know it." 

"You just think that way because you don't know how it feels like to be with me." Hangeng replied. "You don't know Heechul. You don't know a thing about my life."

"Oh yes I do. I know that your life is what you think of as a nightmare. It's a sob story that makes you feel like dating someone equates to you dragging people into that horrid life of yours. But just think. THINK. What you've told me isn't half as bad as you think it is. I don't mind, not in the least, dating you."

"That's because you've never lived a day of my life." Hangeng retorted bitterly. "You don't know a single thing so stop acting like you know me. Because you don't."

Those words cut deeply into Heechul's heart like knives. How could Hangeng speak to him like that?

"I don't?" Heechul laughed sadly. "I don't? Oh right. I don't. You know why? Because YOU NEVER ING TOLD ME THE TRUTH." Heechul didn't care that he was cursing right now. He didn't even care that he was shouting. If that's what would give him the truth, then he didn't mind.

"You acted like you didn't want to know the truth."

"What the hell did I EVER do to make you think like that?!"

"You never listened to me Heechul. All you ever did, was to make me think that I was wrong about how bad my life was." Hangeng replied. 

"SO I WAS WRONG TO DO THAT?!" Heechul yelled in disbelief. "ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. WAS I WRONG?!"

"You NEVER tried thinking from my point of view Heechul."

"I didn't try? I DIDN'T TRY? HOW DARE YOU. YOU NEVER. TOLD ME ANYTHING OTHER THAN HOW YOU HAD TO LIVE WITH A SCHEDULE ALL YOUR LIFE." Heechul cried angrily. "HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT MORE OF YOUR LIFE WAS ?! YOU NEVER TOLD ME!"

"I SAW NO NEED TO MAKE YOU PITY ME." Hangeng yelled back. He was too out of it to even notice how loud his voice had gone.

"I would never have pitied you if you just TOLD me." Heechul retorted, his voice cracking.

"Oh really? You wouldn't pity me even if I told you that once I turned 7, I wasn't allowed to play with other children? That I wasn't allowed out of my room other than to go to school?"

"I--"

"You wouldn't pity me if I told you that all I could do since then was to read all day long and study things that an adult knew?"

"Hangeng stop."

"And what if I told you that I was punished for not being as fast a learner as they expected me to be?" Hangeng asked, close to breaking down.

"You what?" Heechul asked in disbelief, his previous anger being washed away. "Hangeng I-- I never knew."

"You didn't need to know. You still don't." Hangeng replied. 

"I want to know." Heechul soothed. "So tell me."

"You don't need to know, Heechul. So stop asking me to tell you more because I'm not going to drag you into this hell that is my life."

"Shut up and listen to me, will you?" 

"No, I won't. Because I'm not about to let you convince me into doing something I really don't want to do."

"What's your problem, Hangeng?!" Heechul asked, annoyed. "Nothing bad will happen to me. I won't let it happen. Promise. So just... Please. You don't have to tell me everything now. Or even ever. Just please, let me be with you."

"No."

"Why? Give me one good reason, and I'll stay out of your life if that's what you want."

"I'm leaving." Hangeng replied.

"You're what? You're leaving? Where?"

"I'm leaving. Korea." 

"W-what? Why?"

"You don't need to know why. I'm leaving." Hangeng said, a little more quietly this time. "And I don't know when I'm coming back. That is, if I ever do."

"W-why are you telling me this?" Heechul asked, confused. How was this even related to anything?

"Because even if I let you convince me into dragging you into this hell, I'm not going to be able to stay with you, or even contact you for God knows how long." Hangeng replied. "I can't do that to you."

"Babo Hangeng. I'll wait for you of course." Heechul laughed quietly. He knew it wasn't really the time to laugh, but he felt a need for it.

"And until when will you wait?" Hangeng asked, trying to break heechul's resolve.

"As long as I have to." Heechul stated firmly. He wasn't going to let Hangeng go so easily, oh no he wasn't. He wouldn't let Hangeng win this time.

"... Don't." Hangeng replied shortly before walking away. 


It took a moment for that to register in heechul's brain, and by the time he finally understood what it meant, Hangeng was long gone. And all Heechul could do was sink to his knees and cry his heart out while someone watched him a few feet away, hidden behind a tree.

"I'm sorry Heechul, but I can't do this to you..."


Dayum~

Sorry I don't really know how to write arguments so :P hopefully it wasn't too bad I just went with the flow so it may have been kinda awk idk :P hopefully not!! ^^ so er yeah... Well, the truth is out~ sort of.

The rationale behind all these is actually just like... Hangeng's leaving korea and he doesn't know when he'll return, so he doesn't want to put Heechul through that pain because like all of the usual noble idiocy, he believes that you know, Heechul deserves better and blah blah all that XD but seriously. What's happier than being with the person you love right? I don't understand male leads ~

yeah and I know. His backstory is still a big, fat:

?

so it'll be revealed like next chap or so! ^^

please comment, subscribe, and upvote~~~ <3333