Dayum

Of rich guys, rivals, and boyfriends

~ longgger update (1709 words. I'm thinking that's kinda long compared to usual XD) ~


 

"So?? How'd it go hyung?" Kyuhyun asked impatiently as the trio headed home after a relatively awkward dinner with Mr. Han.

"How did what go?" Heechul retorted.

"You and Hangeng hyung, DUH."

"Nothing much happened. We just... Talked."

"Talked? About what? Confessions? Did you confess?" Kyuhyun exclaimed, excited as Kibum tried to calm him down.

"No I didn't, you idiot. I already told you, I'm not doing this without a plan." Heechul replied as he gave Kyuhyun a gentle knock on the head. "Also, I still don't get why I have to confess first."

"Huh? Why don't you get it? If you like him then confess to him. It's that simple."

"No the point is, shouldn't the prince be the one who confesses to his princess?" Heechul stated as the three came to a stop. Staring at his dumbfounded dongsaengs, Heechul let out a quiet "what?"

"HYUNG!" The two yelled at the same time. "You're a guy!"

"Yeah I am. I know that. Why?"

"You just... You just referred to yourself as a princess!" Kibum protested. Sure, Heechul could pass off as a pretty decent girl, but still.

"So?"

"What do you mean, so? A princess is strictly reserved for girls. You're a guy, hyung!" Kyuhyun replied in disbelief.

"Yeah well, that's what he calls me. Plus, I'd make a very convincing princess." Heechul stated proudly.

"Yeah but you're still a-- wait. Hyung calls you that?" Kyuhyun asked, confused.

"Er... Yeah. Is there something wrong with that, cause I don't find anything weird about it. In fact, I kind of like it." Heechul replied matter-of-factly.

"... Well I guess it's kinda obvious he doesn't dislike you considering he gave you a nickname." Kibum mumbled quietly.

"Yeah... Princess..." Kyuhyun tried, finding the name-calling weird.

"EW don't call me that." Heechul protested as he scrunched up his face.

"But you said you liked it." Kyuhyun pointed out.

"Yeah I do. When he calls me that, not you." Heechul stated before a slight blush crept onto his face.

"Oh my gosh you're head over heels in love with the guy." Kibum and Kyuhyun smirked. 

"Don't call him 'the guy'. It sounds weird." Heechul said disapprovingly.

"Okay fine then... You're crazy in love with your beloved hannie." Kyuhyun teased, earning him a smack from Heechul.

"Yah! You idiot. That name is strictly for Heechul hyung to use." Kibum pointed out as Heechul nodded.

"Yeah exactly. Don't you--" Heechul mumbled. "Wait no. That sounds like I'm crazy over him."

"You are." His dongsaengs deadpanned with blank faces. "Our dear princess is in love with his Prince."

"Hey don't call us that it's so weird." 

"Fine then..." They mumbled before an evil plan hatched into their minds. "Korea's princess and China's Prince."

Heechul gave a contemplative look before speaking. "I actually kinda like how that sounds."

"You what? Hyung it was meant to annoy you..."

"Hmm. Guess that didn't work out well then." Heechul replied, a foolish smile plastered on his face. 

"You're crazy."

"Yeah I am." Heechul agreed. "I'm crazy in love with my chinaman." He said before walking away as Kyuhyun and Kibum turned to look at each other before sighing.

"I'll never understand hyung." Kyuhyun said.

"Yeah. Neither will I." Kibum laughed before the two ran off to catch up with their hyung.

 

 

"Aish I can't stand this." Heechul suddenly yelled, interrupting their late night movie marathon.

"What?" His dongsaengs asked, confused by his sudden outburst.

"Can't stand it can't stand it." Heechul chanted. "No patience no more."

"... Hyung are you okay?" Kibum asked, concerned as he paused the movie.

"Yeah hyung... Mff. Do you... Mff, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked, his mouth still full of popcorn.

"No I'm not." Heechul burst out. "Aish I can't stand it!"

"Can't stand what? Speak coherently, will you? And kyu shut up until you're done eating." Kibum said as Kyuhyun shot him a death glare he promptly ignored.

"I can't stand it bummie I need to confess to him right now."

"... Say what?"

"Confess. C-o-n-f-e-s-s. To him. Now."

"Why now? I mean, you were pretty reluctant just a few hours ago." Kibum frowned, very confused by his hyung's sudden change.

"I don't know I just feel like I have to do it." Heechul said as he ran a hand through his already messy hair.

"... Okay.... And how are you gonna do it?" Kibum asked.

"Yeah! Mff... How!! Hyung... Mff." Kyuhyun piped up as Kibum sent him a look. "I said no taking with your mouth full! Aish."

"What-- Mff. Whatever hyung." 

"I don't know bummie I think I'll call him to the park and get this over and done with."

"Confessing isn't really... Well... ." 

"Do I look like I care right now? No." Heechul deadpanned as he grabbed his phone. "I hope this works out, or that chinaman is gonna suffer hell."

"I pity hyung all of a sudden. Try not to kill him hyung." Kibum said, a little worriedly.

"Oh don't worry. I wouldn't dream of killing my handsome prince." Heechul replied as the murderous look in his eyes disappeared.

"... Hyung you're sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine. Now just let me go and change... Come guys help me choose an outfit." Heechul said as he sprang up from the couch. 

"You sure you don't wanna confess tomorrow? I mean, it's like... Freaking 1 AM."

"I said I need to do it NOW. And so I will. Now shut up and come with me." Heechul said as he grabbed hold of Kibum. 

"Bye hyung have fun." Kyuhyun waved smugly.

"You're not bringing him?!" Kibum complained, not liking the look on the maknae's face.

"No, you're enough." Heechul replied shortly as he dragged poor Kibum up the stairs. "Now hurry up and get me an outfit."

 

 


Heechul: chinaman! 

Hangeng: ... Heechul? It's 1AM what are you texting me for?

Heechul: you're not asleep are you? Great. Then come meet me at the park.

Hangeng: what?! Now?!

Heechul: yeah now. Actually, wait 15 minutes.

Hangeng: Heechul don't you need to sleep?

Heechul: can't sleep. And apparently you're awake too so come. 

Hangeng: I was kinda planning to go to bed soon.

Heechul: soon but not now right? Yeah. So come. And don't be late. Bye!

Hangeng: Heechul?! Why am I doing this?

Hangeng: Heechul?

Hangeng: aish this diva...

 

 


"So? Did he agree?" Kibum asked as he picked out yet another set of clothes for Heechul.

"Don't feel like wearing red today." Heechul replied. "And yes. Well, I think he did. Whatever. He has to come."

"Hyung needs to sleep too you know." Kibum sighed as he showed Heechul a dark colored top.

"Okay I'll wear that one. And yes, I know he has to. And he will be able to once I see him."

"Okay then wear this with it." Kibum said, holding out a random pair of pants he found. "Poor hyung."

"Hey at least he gets to meet me right?" Heechul replied. "Thanks bummie now get out of my room."

"Aish this hyung... Fine then, good luck hyung."

"Yeah yeah. Thanks." Heechul said before slipping into the bathroom to change.

 

 


"I'll get going now!" Heechul called as he recieved two hums in response. He stepped out of the door, feeling just a little bit over insane. Oh well. It was too late to turn back now.

"You can do this Heechul. You're kim Heechul." He mumbled to himself as he spotted a familiar figure sitting on a park bench nearby.

"Hey Heechul. Why the hell did you call me out so late?" Hangeng asked as a form of greeting as Heechul smiled sheepishly at him. "And why are you dressed so... I don't know, well."

"Because I'm fabulous." Heechul replied with a dramatic flick of his hair. "As if you didn't dress up."

"I didn't actually, no. I just grabbed a random shirt and a pair of pants."

"Well you sure look like you put in effort." Heechul replied. "Anyway I asked you out because I have something to tell you and I couldn't sleep without telling you."

"Okay... And what is that?" Hangeng asked, mildly amused. "Wait, don't tell me. You found out they were spying on us?"

"Er... No? And who are you talking about?"

"Well. Kyuhyun, Kibum, Sungmin, Siwon, Ryeowook, donghae and eunhyuk."

"... They were? Well I didn't know that. And no, that's not what I wanted to tell you."

"I could tell." Hangeng laughed. "So what is it princess? You forgot to study for tomorrow's test and you need help?"

"There's a test tomorrow? And no, that's not what I wanted to tell you either."

"Yeah there is. And it's got a pretty high weightage."

"Damn are you serious? Oh then." Heechul cursed before turning back to Hangeng. 

"I have notes. You can probably get a decent grade if you sacrifice your sleep."

"I'd rather get my beauty sleep, thank you very much. And will you just shut up and listen to what I have to tell you?" 

"Yeah sure. Go ahead." Hangeng nodded.

"Well, I like you." Heechul mumbled a little too softly.

"You what? Sorry, didn't catch that."

"I said, I like you." Heechul repeated, a little louder this time.

"Well yeah. I sort of knew you didn't really hate me as much as you liked to think."

"No no, I mean I like you as in... I like LIKE you." Heechul sighed. "Like, I really, REALLY like you."

"So Sungmin was right." Hangeng laughed.

"Huh?"

"He told me the other night, that 'Heechul hyung really, really likes you hyung'." Hangeng explained with a warm smile on his face.

"So... What's your response to my... You know... Confession?" Heechul asked hopefully.

"Well... All I have to say is," Hangeng sighed as Heechul felt his heart drop a little. No no, please don't reject me... Please... "I like you too, Heechul. I really do."

At that moment Heechul could swear he was gonna die from how fast his heart was beating. Like literally, he felt so happy he could fly.

"R-really? Does that mean--" Heechul smiled hopefully before Hangeng cut him off.

 

"But we can't be together." 

And in that split second, Heechul felt his heart break.


Dayum.

And it's out. 

How will Heechul react to this well... Not-really-a-rejection? And what is hangeng's reason for this not-really-a-yes answer? 

Please comment <3, subscribe <33, and upvote <333