Half of the truth

Of rich guys, rivals, and boyfriends

~ update! A slightttt bit of hangeng's backstory is revealed here! ^^ ~


 

"Stop pushing me, you idiot! I have legs, I can walk on my own!" Heechul hissed as he tried to make a run for it.

"I know you do hyung, but the point is, you'll probably be walking away instead of INTO this house." Kyuhyun replied as he pushed his hyung into the front yard of hangeng's house.

"Excuse me, you're the one who's forcing me here, why else would I come??" Heechul retorted as he tried to get out of the evil maknae's death grip.

"Stop being such a drama queen hyung." Kibum commented as he made to help Kyuhyun.

"I don't understand you guys, why do I have to confess first?!" Heechul protested again.

"Haven't we gone through this yet?" Kyuhyun said as he rolled his eyes.

"No, we haven't actually. So let me go and let's have a nice, long talk at home before you make me do anything stupid. Okay?" Heechul begged.

"Hmm... No." Kyuhyun and Kibum answered at the same time. "You've come this far, hyung."

"But you guys have no plan! I'm not just going to barge in there and go I LO--" 

 

"HEY boys! what are you doing here?"

The arguing three stopped in their tracks and searched for the owner of the voice. 

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this..." Kibum whispered as they locked eyes with...

"Why don't you come in?" Mr. Han asked again as the three turned to look at each other.

"Erm. Yeah! Yeah, hey Mr. Han." Kibum greeted awkwardly as they all bowed their heads in respect. "We were... Er... Just going to go in! Haha."

Both Kyuhyun and Heechul internally facepalmed at his actions.

"HEYYYY! Appa~ nice to see you again! I didn't know you were here. How have you been?" Kyuhyun stepped in, unable to stand the awkward. 

"Ah... Yes. I've been fine, Kyuhyun. What about you?" Mr. Han smiled as Kyuhyun turned to his hyung's with the you-owe-me-one look. 

"I'm fine, appa." Kyuhyun smiled again.

"That's great to hear." Mr. Han laughed heartily before turning to the other two, who stood frozen in place. "Why so tense, boys? Come on in and make yourselves comfortable."

"Y-yes Mr. Han." The two nodded before following him in.

"I'm going to be nice and distract him so come with me Kibum. Heechul hyung go look for Hangeng hyung." Kyuhyun whispered quickly as he grabbed hold of Kibum.

"Why me?!" Kibum protested, still feeling awkward around Mr. Han.

"Because Heechul hyung is the one who needs to see hyung right now. You don't have to see your lover, no matter how much you might want to." Kyuhyun replied before dragging him away. 

"Wait, so how am I supposed to--" Heechul protested, but they were long gone. "Great. Now they've ditched me and I'm supposed to NOT be awkward walking into my crush's room."

"What will you do, kim Heechul? What's an easy way to gain access..." Heechul mumbled to himself before an idea popped into his head. 

 

 

"... Heechul?" Hangeng frowned as he opened his door. "What are you doing here?"

"Er... Hi. Let me in and I'll explain." Heechul smiled awkwardly as Hangeng raised an eyebrow but let him in anyways.

"So... Why are you here?"

"Er... Well Kibum and Kyuhyun came... For obvious reasons. And we decided to play... Er... Hide and seek! Yeah, so I'm hiding." 

"You guys are playing. Hide and seek. Here. When appa's around?"

"Yeah." Heechul replied unconvincingly.

"As if you guys would. Siwon would never play hide and seek. He at that game." Hangeng laughed as he glanced at the flustered look on heechul's face. "Don't lie Heechul. Tell me why you're here."

"Okay fine. I came with them and needed the washroom but I don't know where it was so I just came to your room." Heechul tried, though the look on Hangeng's face told him that he wasn't buying it.

"Yeah. Sure. You didn't know where the washroom was. And you didn't ask Sungmin? Or Siwon?" 

"Okay okay fine. Kibum and Kyuhyun forced me to come with them and they're talking to your father now and I'm still awkward with him. So I came here." Hey. It was kinda true.

"Somehow I don't believe you but I'll let it drop for now. Anyway why you're here isn't really that important." Hangeng laughed. 

"Yeah I'll just stay here till they decide to leave."

"Fine by me. You can... Well you can go sit on that rug you like so much." Hangeng laughed as Heechul rolled his eyes.

"You're the one I like, not the rug." Heechul mumbled under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Huh? Nothing. Just... Random thoughts." Heechul blushed.

"Hmm. Okay then. Do you need anything? Like... Food, books, drinks, computer... Anything?" Hangeng asked. "Because honestly my room is pretty boring."

"I can see that. But no, I don't need anything." Heechul observed. "Oh, I do have one thing to ask you though. What's up with your black obsession? I mean, you were going to tell me before."

"Right. Well, it's nothing much, honestly." Hangeng smiled. "Are you really that interested that you still remember it?"

"Of course, I remember everything about you." Heechul replied casually before he realized what he'd just said. "Well, I mean I remember everything about everyone."

"Yeah yeah princess. Say what you want." Hangeng teased as Heechul blushed from the nickname. "Well... You know how you said you really like art?"

"Yeah." Heechul nodded.

"Well, you know I dance, right?" Hangeng asked as Heechul shook his head. "I mean I know you CAN dance, I just don't know how well."

"Yeah well, I really really love dance and I'm pretty good, if I might say so myself." Hangeng laughed.

"Some ego you've got there, chinaman." Heechul scoffed jokingly.

"Hey don't blame me, it's one of the only things I can be proud of." Hangeng replied as Heechul shut up.

"What does that mean?"

"I'm getting there. It's part of the story."

"Fine. Then go on."

"Yeah I will. Anyway you see I like dance for pretty much the same reason as you like art. You know, the freedom, ability to express yourself... You get what I mean." Hangeng continued as Heechul nodded once again.

"Yeah I get what you mean. But what does that have anything to do with... Well, black?" Heechul asked as Hangeng let out a sigh.

"That's because my life is so dull that even such a small thing can bring me happiness. You see I've been trained to be the perfect son since I was young, and well, I'm so used to sticking to schedules, as you've seen. My life was pretty much rigid. Boring, plain... All of that." Hangeng continued. "I was never really given a chance to choose what I wanted."

"Really? I never knew. You know all along I thought you led the perfect life."

"Well, isn't that what everyone thinks?" Hangeng replied as they both fell into silence.

 

"That's true and all, but honestly was living a life like that really that bad?" Heechul asked, trying to break the silence.

"... Why'd you say that?"

"Well, I mean... If you just had to live by a schedule it wouldn't be that bad. You didn't get tortured or anything." Heechul explained. "And if choices were made for you, then you didn't have to decide anything. I hate making decisions."

"That's what you think..." Hangeng sighed softly. He would've told heechul everything, but he saw no need in making his life out to be a sob story. 

"What?"

"I said... If that's how you look at it, then yeah. Maybe my life wasn't that bad. I've never actually hated my life." Hangeng lied. "... Well not too much at least."

"But I still think it was an okay life. I mean, you're rich and you have everything."

"That's not all there is to life Heechul. If I had a choice I wouldn't live like this."

"Well your life doesn't sound half as bad as I expected it to be. But maybe it's cause I've never lived like you so I wouldn't know." Heechul reasoned.

"Yeah." Hangeng agreed, if only to end this conversation. "I'm fine with it, been living like this my whole life anyway."

"You're not fine with it, you're just used to it." Heechul observed.

"You know, you're saying the exact same thing Sungmin said yesterday, Heechul."

"He did? Sungmin did? Why? I mean, why were you guys even talking about this?"

"We weren't really talking about this, he was just trying to comfort me, though I wasn't really sad or anything. But I'm still thankful to him." Hangeng smiled.

"Comfort you? Why?"

"As I said, my life isn't as perfect as you might perceive it to be."

"It honestly doesn't sound that bad though, I mean--" Heechul was cut off by a knock on the door. 

"Hangeng hyung! Heechul hyung! It's time for lunch!!!" Sungmin yelled before running off.

"Well, let's go then." Hangeng said as he got up.

"Hangeng?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't be too sad, okay? When you start hating your life, remember that there's probably someone else with a much worse fate than yours." Heechul smiled before walking off. "Now let's go, I'm hungry."

"If only you knew Heechul... You wouldn't think that way." Hangeng sighed before walking after him. "What I've told you... It's only half of the truth."


Okay if anyone was confused, Hangeng (in this story) has a sadder backstory than he lets on. So what you're reading now is merely the mild parts of it all. I'll be revealing the rest as the story goes on ^^

Also, Heechul was thisclose to revealing that he likes Hangeng XDD and don't worry guys, I'm not mean enough to keep yall waiting too long (because honestly I really want them to get together, at least in this story. Real real fast!! XD though if it happened in real life... ^^) 

Oh and hope yall had a VERY merry Christmas ^^ and have a great year ahead in advance!! ^^

 

Okay so please comment (yes guys please comment ^^), subscribe (thankyu to all my lovely readers and subscribers~~), and upvote (ohmygosh I love you all ^^ <333)