Chapter 46

The Neighbours

“Yoongie, it’s time for your lunch.”

“Cominngg~”

“Wake Jessica up as well.”

“Yes Mommy!”

Mrs Im just smiled when she heard her son. He was just like the young boy she knew before. She could hear Jessica shrieking before loud thud sounds coming from above her. The children were playing in Yoong’s room.

“YA! IM YOONG!”

“Mommy said lunch’s ready!”

“You don’t have to throw your big smelly bolster onto my face!”

“HEY! I’ve got that bolster since I was a boy!”

“OH MY GOD! HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN THEN?”

“I’m 24 this year. So, maybe about 20 years?”

“YOONG! THAT’S GROSS!”

“I’m a sentimental boy, okay!”

“No, you’re not! You’re a childish, immature choding!”

“Whatever, you love me anyway!”

“YOU!”

Mrs Im smiled to herself as she heard her son screaming in pain. Jessica must have caught him and pinching his fats or something. Finally she could see the couple in the dining room; Yoong was pouting away.

“What’s wrong?”

“Mommy, Sica pinched me!”

“Mommy, he smacked my face with his smelly bolster!”

“I have that bolster since I was 4 years old!”

“Seriously? That bolster has been around for 20 years?!”

Mrs Im couldn’t help it. She was giggling away.

“No it’s not. I’ve thrown his old bolster away.”

Yoong stared at his mother in disbelief.

“What?”

“How come it still has the same smell?”

“Your bolster cover is the one that smells. I couldn’t bear to throw it away after you left. I would sit in your room whenever I miss you. So I kept your bolster.”

Mrs Im’s voice trailed off at the end of her sentence. Yoong looked at his mother before going behind her. He wrapped his arms around his mother’s waist and put his chin on her shoulders. The boy is taller than his mother now. Jessica looked on with a smile.

“I’m back, Mommy. And I’m not leaving anymore. I’ll take you wherever I go.”

The boy hugged his mother tightly; Mrs Im could only smile before peering over her shoulders slightly. Her baby boy has grown up; despite being his twenties, Yoong has no realms in openly showing his affections for his mother.

“Your girlfriend is here. Aren’t you a little too old to be showing too much aegyo?”

His mother turned to cup his cheeks instead. Her son grinned widely at her.

“I’m showing more aegyo to her than you.”

Jessica rolled her eyes when Yoong winked at her. Mrs Im shook her head before pinching her son’s nose gently. She settled him down and Yoong sat next to Jessica. He kissed her on her forehead and then took Jessica’s plate. He was scooping for his girlfriend instead before taking his mother’s plate next.

Mrs Im watched as her son and his girlfriend interacted. Jessica’s a year old than him so she was more like a mother to him and Mrs Im was grateful towards Jessica for taking good care of Yoong all this while.

Yoong was busy peeling the prawns for Jessica and Jessica was emptying a quarter of her plate on Yoong’s. Yoong rolled his eyes at her and chided for eating too little.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m on diet!”

“Why do you still need to diet? You’re not fat!”

“I’m fat, baby! Look at my “goodbye” arms!”

Jessica waved her arms and the flabby bit of fat followed as well. Yoong stared at his girlfriend.

“I don’t really care about your fats. I don’t like skinny girls.”

“Serious? You don’t like your girlfriend to look like a supermodel?”

“Jessica Jung, have you seen yourself in the mirror?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re a Goddess!”

Jessica blushed immediately. Mrs Im giggled softly and Yoong earned a smack on his back from his girlfriend. His words were always sweet nothing and Mrs Im was reminded of her late husband. Her late husband was the strong and silent type to others but when it was only with his wife that he showed his aegyo side. Mrs Im was not surprised that her son has his father’s personality.

“Okay, enough the both of you. Are you going to visit your coach later? It’s his birthday today.”

“It is? Omma, how did you know?”

“He’s an old friend of your father. Your father used to go out on this day of the month just to drink with your coach. He said it was his best friend’s birthday and promised to return with fried chicken. He always did. He would always return before 12 midnight.”

“Omma, you love Appa, don’t you?”

Yoong looked on; his mother was smiling and nodding her head. Jessica looked on.

“Tell me why you love him. You hardly talk about him before. You forbid me to mention him.”

His mother sighed.  It was really a bad memory for her.

“I married your father when I was just 17 years old. My family was poor. And my parents needed money to put my younger brother to school. Since I was the older one, my parents wanted to sell me off. But your father chose to marry me instead. He gave them a sum of money and I never heard of my family anymore.”

Yoong was surprised and Jessica nodded. Mrs Im told her this story before when she came for treatment with Jessica every week.

“At first, I hated your father. I thought he was a typical man who wanted a younger girl for his ual needs. He was 20 years older than me but your father has never touched me since the day we got married. We slept in different rooms. He still put me through school while he went out to work. I didn’t really care for him until one day.”

Mrs Im suddenly stood up and took out a photo from her purse. It was the only picture she had with her late husband. She gave it to her son.

“Your father surprised me one day. He turned up in school; all dressed up.  He even bought flowers and waited for me outside my school gate. I was a little embarrassed at first but my friends were envious of me.  Your father took me out; he rented a nice sport car and I was surprised that he took me to an expensive restaurant back then. It was my 21st birthday. I totally have forgotten about it because of school.”

Mrs Im smiled as she recalled her memories of her late husband.

“I was impressed by him. Four years into marriage, I finally realized how good your father was to me. He respected me as a woman; not a girl. He confessed to me that he was really proud of having me as his wife. I suddenly thought of all the things he had done for me. He has never asked for anything. We were not rich but your father always had food on our dining table. I suspected sometimes that he didn’t eat. He would just buy for me and lied to me saying that he has eaten.”

Yoong nodded. Jessica was already hugging the old lady.

“Since then, I slowly fell in love with him. He was a good man. He treated me well. He gave me everything even though he didn’t have enough for himself. When I was pregnant with you, he was ecstatic. Your father allowed me to work but nobody could look after you so I decided to be a good mother to you instead.”

“So you quit your job and look after me?”

“Your father worked even harder. I thought he had changed his job because he would never return until 2-3 am in the morning. One day I stayed up and I was shocked to find his face all swollen. He then confessed he was a fighter at a club. He earned a lot for one night but he never took a cent from it. He gave it all to me. He said to use it for you.”

Mrs Im’s eyes were all red and swollen.

“I was worried for his safety. When you were two years old, he promised he would quit. He would find a better paying job so that he could spend more time with you and me. I believed in him. That night when he was murdered was supposedly his last day. He won big time but apparently someone wanted him dead.”

Yoong looked away. Jessica hugged him tightly.

“Yoong, your father put aside a huge sum of money for you. When you left this house few years ago, someone came with a cheque. It was a huge sum of money and the man told me that your father bought a couple of insurance policies with you. They have all since matured so the monies were to go to you. I kept it in the bank under your name.”

Yoong was surprised. He looked at his mother. Mrs Im went into his room and took out a bank book. She gave it to her son and Yoong was stunned with the amount of money in it.

“Omma, this is close to a million!”

“Yes, your late father wanted the best for you.”

“Omma, I cannot take this money. You should use it.”

Mrs Im shook her head.

“I know you transferred money into my account every single month. I kept it in my bank account. Yoong, you’re just like your father. You’re responsible and filial. You’re hard-working and you know how to put others first before yourself.”

Mrs Im then turned to look at Jessica who was smiling sheepishly at her.

“I was thinking. You can use the money when you get married to Jessica one day.”

The couple turned to look at each other. Jessica was already blushing.

“What? You’re not planning to marry Jessica?”

“I will! But I have to win first. That’s my promise.”

“What if you don’t win, son?”

“Omma, I will win.”

Mrs Im smiled when Yoong was determined to win.

“I’ll win the champion for Appa.”

Mrs Im strongly believed in her son that he would win.

-

Mason was playing in his room all by himself.  His mother told him that Aunt Taeyeon would bring someone to play with him. Mason was excited. But Tiffany wanted him to be careful.

“Mason ah, the little boy is sick. So Mason must be careful with him.”

Mason paused his playing and looked up to his mother. He was a little confused.

“Sick?”

“Yes, he’s not well.”

“He’s having fever?”

Tiffany frowned as she didn’t know how to explain to Mason.  Suddenly Yul came in and picked Mason up.

“No, he’s not having fever. He’s just sick. He’s a little weak and fragile. So when Mason plays with him, you have to be gentle. You must be extra careful too. Furthermore, he’s younger than you. He’s your dongsaeng so Mason must be a good brother to him.”

“Oh.”

“You can play cars with him. But you cannot hit him. You have to be careful with him. If he falls down and cuts himself, Mason must inform Mommy or Aunt Taeyeon quickly, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Daddy will play with Mason and Baekhyun.”

“Baekhyun? Is that his name?”

“Yes, that’s his name. When he comes over later, Mason has to be nice to him, okay?”

The little boy nodded. Yul put him down and he ran off to play with J-Hope and Hyoyeon next door. The boys just installed their WII game and Mason often plays with them. Tiffany watched as her son disappeared from the front door and she could hear Hyoyeon calling out to him.

She was grateful that the boys would sometimes babysit Mason when she had to work. Sometimes Suho would come over after work just to hang out with Mason. Suho grew closer with Mason after the incident.

“What are you looking at?”

Yul’s voice startled Tiffany for a bit but she soon relaxed when her boyfriend wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her on the cheeks.

“Nah, I’m just watching Mason.”

“He’s fine. Don’t worry.”

“Mason seems to have forgotten about the kidnapping incident. The boys managed to distract him all the time.”

Yul smiled widely. He turned Tiffany around and looked deep into her eyes. Yul was still felt guilty that Mason got kidnapped. But Tiffany could somehow read his mind without him saying anything.

“It’s not your fault.”

“It’s partly my fault.”

“I’ve never blame you.”

“Baby, my uncle forced Nichkun to kidnap his own son because he threatened to kill his pregnant wife.”

“But Nichkun saved my son. He didn’t give up his son to your uncle. He even went to jail for his misdeeds. And your uncle is already dead. Let’s move on, okay?”

“Tiffany, I’m not willing to lose you or Mason. I kept having nightmares that the two of you would leave me.”

“But I’m not and I’ll never leave you. Stop putting the blame on yourself.  Yul, you’ve grown thinner over the months. I’m worried about you.”

Yul grinned. He sloppily planted a kiss on Tiffany’s lips.

“I’m fine.”

“Yul, you’re so thin now. I just bought you a pair of jeans and you cannot wear it without your belt.”

“I’m slimmer now. Don’t you like your boyfriend to be slim and slender?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“You’re already gorgeous as you are. I don’t need you to be slim and slender.”

“I look good, right?”

“Yes, but you’re attracting the girls too much. I’ve already caught so many girls staring at you.”

Yul gave a sly grin. Tiffany elbowed him in his stomach.

“You’re jealous!”

“Duh. You’re my boyfriend.”

“That’s how I feel when my lawyer girlfriend attracts the other male lawyers when she wears her tight white blouse with her black skirt. She’s just too y and captivating when she wears that during the court hearing.”

“Baby, that’s my dress code!”

“Don’t wear tight fitting blouse. Your assets are showing too much.”

Yul then focused to Tiffany’s chest. His girlfriend followed his eyes and realised where he was looking at. She smacked his forehead and covered her chest.

“ert.”

“You do know your white blouse often shows off your voluptuous figure and chest!”

“So I’m not allowed to wear white blouses?”

“Wear something less revealing.”

“My white blouse is an office wear. I’m not wearing anything y.”

“Wear a size bigger then.”

“Oh my god, my boyfriend’s jealousy is one of a kind!”

“Glad you know it.”

Yul pouted his lips and Tiffany was so tempted to capture them. She did anyway; it soon turned into a long passionate kiss. 

“Oh my god, my eyes!”

They were interrupted by a couple who was staring at them; bewildered.

 “What are you doing in Tiffany’s room?”

Yul stared at the intruder.

“I was calling out for her but nobody answered us. So I thought she was in here!”

“Well, Taeyeon could come in. Why are you the one who entered my girlfriend’s bedroom?”

“Are you seriously freaking out or embarrassed that I caught you smooching Tiffany?”

“Both. You’re such a -blocker.”

“You’re lucky I didn’t snap a photo of you two smooching!”

“Shut up, Soo Young.”

Soo Young, the intruder, was clearly enjoying himself. But Taeyeon chided him for teasing them.  The man pouted his lips.

“Why are you pouting your lips?”

“Shut up.”

“Enough, Yul. You and Soo Young could never be in one room.”

Yul stuck his tongue out and Soo Young winked at Tiffany. Taeyeon then pulled Soo Young out of the room and Tiffany pulled her boyfriend instead.

“Where’s the little guy?”

Yul suddenly asked.

“He’s in Taeyeon’s room. I’ll get him out.”

Soo Young disappeared into Taeyeon’s room. He returned moments later with a little boy in his arms.  The boy was looking a little scared and confused but he soon eased into Taeyeon’s arms easily. He seems to be attached to Taeyeon for some reason. Yul and Tiffany looked on with a smile; they knew about their boy’s illness. They felt sorry for him.

“Tiffany, Yul, this is Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun was a little shy. He was looking on the floor despite Taeyeon’s attempt. But once again, Yul was good with kids. He was quick to break the ice.

“Baekhyun, do you want to play some toys?”

Baekhyun’s face lighted up at the mention of toys. And just like on cue, Mason suddenly appeared at the front door. He appeared all smiling. He approached Baekhyun cautiously. Yul was there.

“Mason, this is Baekhyun.”

Mason smiled and nodded.

“Hi, I’m Mason.”

Baekhyun looked on; he appeared cautious as well but soon warmed up with Mason when Mason offered him his car.

“Here, you can play with this.”

Baekhyun took the car from Mason’s hand and Yul sat him down next to Mason. Yul then sat behind the boys; watching them as the two boys interacted. Baekhyun was less tense with Mason. He could smile easily.

Soo Young also joined in. He sat beside Baekhyun; the boy often leaned on him for comfort. Mason sat comfortably on Yul’s lap. The two women decided to head to the kitchen.

“Yul’s good with children.”

Taeyeon was impressed. Tiffany smiled.

“He loves children.”

“I can see that. Mason is really comfortable with him.”

“Soo Young’s not bad himself.”

“Soo Young’s a kid himself. He can easily associate himself with them.”

Tiffany giggled.  The two ladies prepared some snacks and coffee. Hyoyeon suddenly appeared in the kitchen. He was smiling away when he saw his sister.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

“I cannot believe you’re getting married. Omma and Appa are so happy for you.”

“You’ve always wanted me to find a man.”

“I know Soo Young would be the best choice for you. I even hinted to him.”

“You what?”

“Before he left for England, I gave him a piece of mind.  I told him not to play with your feelings. He was still confused and everything.”

Taeyeon turned to look at her younger brother. Hyoyeon always appeared nonchalant sometimes. So she was surprised when her little brother did that.

“You really did that?”

“Yeah, he did.”

Soo Young appeared out of nowhere. He went over to Taeyeon and hugged her.

“He brought Woo Young-shi along to state his point. If not for your little brother, I would be acting stupidly.”

Taeyeon looked at her brother; Hyoyeon shrugged his shoulders.

“Taeyeon ah, Hyoyeon actually cares about you. He may appear like he doesn’t care but deep down inside, he cares a lot about you. I made a promise to him that I’d never hurt you.”

“Soo Young hyung called me when he was in England. He actually asked me for your hand in marriage. I’m not even Appa!”

-

Hyoyeon was about to curse for real.

“What the hell, who’s calling at 3am in the morning?”

He answered grudgingly.

“HELLO!”

“Woah, brother. You sound like you’re going to kill people.”

“I might. Who’s this?”

“This is Soo Young here. I’m with your sister now.”

Hyoyeon kept quiet for a second and looked at his phone.

“Hyung, it’s 3 am in the morning!”

“I’m sorry! But I have something urgent to discuss with you.”

“What is it?”

“Can I marry your sister?”

“Hyung, are you insane? Why are you asking me that?”

“I wanted to ask your parents but I don’t have their numbers. Since I have yours, I thought I should ask you.”

“You’re not real, right? You’re in my dream, right?”

“Kim Hyoyeon, slap your face.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

Hyoyeon did slapped himself.

“Ow!”

“Does it hurt?”

“Duh!”

“So, is this a dream?”

Hyoyeon finally was wide awake. He thought he was just dreaming. He finally opened his eyes and screamed into the phone.

“Wait, earlier on, you asked for my sister’s hand in marriage?”

“Yes? You’re her brother. And I remember you telling me not to hurt her. So I’m here to tell you that I want to marry your sister. I’ve already told my family about this.”

Hyoyeon’s mouth was wide open. He was still in disbelief.

“Are you serious about this?”

“Yes, I’ve never been so serious before.”

“When are you going to ask my sister to marry you?”

“Not now but later on. I want to treat her better for now.”

“She’s with you?”

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend now.”

Hyoyeon was smiling.

“So you finally opened your stupid big mouth and told her?”

“Yes, I did. And I never regret it.”

“My sister’s deeply in love with you. She loves you more than she loves herself. So, I hope you can treat her better. If you’re going to marry her, you should ask my parents.”

“How am I supposed to do that?”

“When you return, I’ll bring you to them secretly.”

“Okay, deal!”

-

When Soo Young returned to Seoul, Hyoyeon brought him to meet his parents. His parents quietly came to Seoul without Taeyeon’s knowledge. Hyoyeon had already told them everything.

“You’re Soo Young?”

Mr Kim was introduced to Soo Young. Soo Young nodded. He smiled as he invited Taeyeon’s parents to sit.

“I’m Soo Young, Taeyeon’s boyfriend.”

“You’re so tall and handsome. Taeyeon’s really lucky to have you.”

Mrs Kim was intrigued by him. Soo Young shook his head.

“I should say I’m lucky to have Taeyeon. She’s really beautiful.”

“Soo Young-shi, our Taeyeon is a good girl. She has given so much to us but we feel like we still owe her so much more. I felt so bad when our villagers kicked her out after they found out about her ual orientation. I don’t blame them; I only blame myself for being like them. I should have known my daughter better than them.”

Soo Young was slightly taken aback with Mr Kim’s confession. The Kims went on talking about how stupid they were and how guilty they felt when Taeyeon returned to salvage the village after what happened. She gave money to repair the damages happened to the village. Soo Young listened on with a smile on his face. His girlfriend is sure someone with a good heart.

“Don’t worry about that, Mr Kim. Taeyeon has never complained about you to me. She loves her family and of course, she still respects you as her parents. I promise I’ll take good care of her when we get married. I love her, Mr Kim. I’m sure she’s the one I want as my wife.”

Soo Young suddenly turned to Hyoyeon and the guy stared blankly at him.

“Hyoyeon’s a good guy too. He has a good career and constantly works hard in his work. You should be proud of both of your children. They work hard to give you both a better life during retirement.”

Mr Kim nodded and Mrs Kim was already embracing her son. Hyoyeon was surprised when Soo Young was singing praises of him.

“If not for Hyoyeon, I wouldn’t be able to see how perfect Taeyeon is. He loves his sister. He wants his sister to have a good life ahead. And I’ve already promised that I would take good care of his sister. So give him a chance to take good care of you both now.”

Mr and Mrs Kim nodded as Hyoyeon looked on; tears were visible in his eyes. His parents especially his father had never agreed with his choice of career. But Soo Young managed to convince his father that he’s good in what he’s doing. Hyoyeon knew he has found a good man for his sister.

“Soo Young-shi, I hope you can make Taeyeon happy.”

“I will. I promise I will make her happy.”

-

Soo Young was playing with Baekhyun together with Yul and Mason. Tiffany was busy with her work. She needed to represent Nichkun. She has decided to forgive the man and volunteered to take up his case. Well, it was Yul who asked her to. She could help Nichkun get a lighter sentence and his court hearing would be in a week’s time. So Tiffany needed time to prepare her work.

Jessica was with Krystal and Seohyun while Yoong was busy with his training. J-Hope was with his sisters and they went out to catch a movie together. Krystal asked them to come along; Seohyun needed more company. So, Hyoyeon was left with his sister. Taeyeon decided to go for grocery shopping and Hyoyeon volunteered to go with her.

The two siblings were at the supermarket. Taeyeon had to buy foods that are suitable for Baekhyun’s consumption. Hyoyeon was helping with the trolley.  Taeyeon was walking behind her brother; she watched as Hyoyeon piled the trolley with snacks and fruits. He claimed Soo Young asked him to buy.

“How much can Soo Young hyung eat?”

Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

“Hm?”

“Soo Young hyung eats a lot, doesn’t he?”

“He eats a little bit more than you.”

“A little bit more? Noona, he ate the whole fridge the last time you went to England.”

Taeyeon laughed at Hyoyeon’s expression.

“Why are you laughing?”

“He really ate everything in the fridge?”

“Noona, he’s known as the night mouse. He would hide himself in the room and raid the kitchen when everyone’s sleeping. He was so hard up on you but I guess his hunger would force him to come out.”

“Hyoyeon ah, Soo Young told me you were the one who encouraged him to date me before.”

Hyoyeon nodded but he was focused at the chocolates on the shelves.

“You thought he could be the one for me?”

Hyoyeon finally turned to look at his sister.

“Well, remember the day I turned up at your apartment uninvited?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“I could see how your eyes sparkled whenever he came near to you. I mean, the way they sparkled was exactly the same when you were with your ex girlfriends. I know this guy was something else. You were paying attention to him a lot more than you would on guys.”

“You were observing me?”

“Noona, you’re my sister. Your happiness is also mine. I may appear as if I don’t really care about you but I’m always worried for you.”

Taeyeon smiled as she ruffled her younger brother’s hair.

“You know what? Ever since you work here, you’ve become a lot more responsible than you were before.”

Hyoyeon smiled.

“I’m turning 25 soon. If I don’t get my things right, how could I ever have a family with my future girlfriend? I have to start somewhere so I guess I should start with my parents and my sister.”

“You’re making me cry.”

“You’re such a cry baby lately. What did Soo Young hyung do to you?”

Taeyeon smacked his back gently before hooking her arm with his. They were walking down the isle of food like a couple. Suddenly Hyoyeon’s trolley hit another.

“Oops.”

“Hey, I’m sorry!”

The other person looked up and Hyoyeon immediately smiled.

“Hey, it’s you!”

“Hi Sunny.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m just doing some shopping with my sister.”

Taeyeon was looking back and forth. She has never seen Hyoyeon blushed so much before. 

“Ah, your sister lives at the same apartment block with me, right?”

Taeyeon was taken aback.

“Hyoyeon, do you know her?”

Hyoyeon nodded.

“Noona, this is Sunny. Sunny, this is my sister, Taeyeon.”

“Hi Sunny-shi.”

“Hi Taeyeon-shi. It’s finally nice to meet you in person.”

“Oh, I’m honoured too.”

“I met Hyoyeon by chance. He was looking for your apartment so I showed him the way.”

“Ah, I see. Thank you so much for your help.”

Sunny was nodding and Hyoyeon was scratching the back of his head. He was actually feeling shy and Taeyeon was observing him. She smirked when she caught Hyoyeon’s eyes. Her brother turned away.

“So, are you alone, Sunny?”

“Not really. My brothers are with me but they left me behind. I have no idea where they went to but I have this feeling they are at the chilled drinks area. They’re probably arguing on which beer they should buy.”

“Oh.”

Soon enough, two guys came running towards Sunny. Both was holding a carton of beer but different labels.

“SUNNY! CHOOSE MINE!”

“NO WAY! YOUR BRAND IS NOT NICE!”

“OH COME ON! YOU’RE NOT BORN IN AMERICA! WHY CANT WE HAVE LOCAL BEER?!”

“MAKGEOLLI IS NOT A BEER!”

Sunny rolled her eyes as the Kim siblings were feeling a little awkward with the sudden burst of argument. Sunny smacked her brothers’ heads with the French loaf she was holding on to.

“OW!”

Both guys shrieked out. Taeyeon could see the resemblance of one of the guys with Sunny.

“Taeyeon-shi, I’m sorry. My brothers can get really noisy sometimes. Anyway, this is my twin brother, Soon Kyu and this is Onew, my younger brother.”

The two guys bowed slightly. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon returned it.

“You’re Hyoyeon, right?”

The twin brother recognised him.

“Yes I am.”

“Hyoyeon?”

Onew found the name familiar.

“Yeah, Kim Hyoyeon. Sunny likes him.”

Sunny elbowed Soon Kyu in his stomach.

“OW!”

“Oh, that’s right! Sunny often talks about him!”

She kicked Onew in his buttocks. Hyoyeon was amused. Taeyeon was already giggling away.

“Stop kicking me!”

“Can you two shut up?!”

“Why? Are you shy, Sunny?”

“Lee Soon Kyu, do you want me to punch you?”

“You’re so violent, you know? Hyoyeon might be afraid of you.”

Sunny kicked him at where man would fall onto their knees. Soon Kyu did.

“OHMOTHAFOOKER!”

“Wow, that was a direct hit!”

Sunny glared at Onew who immediately flinched. He stood one side; not wanting to face his sister’s wrath.

“I apologize for my brothers’ nonsense.”

Sunny tried to keep a straight face but her cheeks were flushing red. Hyoyeon found her cute.

“I better get going now.”

Sunny quickly pulled her twin brother and Onew was already pushing the trolley away. The Lee siblings disappeared from view rather quickly. But Hyoyeon and Taeyeon could hear the boys wincing in pain.

“That’s interesting.”

“Yeah, Sunny has always been that violent.”

“You got beaten up by her before?”

“Not really but she was fierce on the first meeting. But other than that, she’s nice.”

“My brother likes her.”

Hyoyeon’s face turned red pretty quickly but he denied it.

“What? No, she’s your neighbour, Noona!”

“Well, I’ve never seen my younger brother so flustered before. Your face is so red now.”

“Noona, you’re talking rubbish now. Let’s go before Baekhyun gets hungry. Oh, no, something’s even worse – Soo Young hyung is going to whine if you don’t return before his snack time.”

Hyoyeon quickly pushed the trolley ahead of his sister; Taeyeon was amused but continued to as the two siblings made their way back to the apartment.

-

Seohyun was really quiet. Krystal was getting worried. She tried means and ways to get Seohyun to talk. The girl could only smile at her. J-Hope was watching his younger sister struggled with her girlfriend. He felt sorry for her.

“Why are you looking at them like that?”

Jessica returned after buying popcorn and drinks. They were waiting to go into the cinema.

“Krystal has been talking to Seohyun but that girl has no reactions towards her. She was only smiling away.”

Jessica turned to their direction. Krystal was still talking to Seohyun.

“She’s still going through trauma right now. She has actually improved quite a bit.”

“But Krystal’s going crazy. You can see the desperation on Krystal’s face.”

Jessica was watching her sister. She knew Krystal was struggling but she kept reminding her younger sister not to give up.

“Let’s go. It’s time for us to go in. Call them.”

J-Hope got up and went over to the girls. Krystal pulled Seohyun’s arm and the girls walked towards Jessica. J-Hope started to bother Krystal and the girl didn’t hesitate to retaliate.

“What are you doing?”

“What do you think I’m doing?”

“You’re so childish, Oppa.”

“I’m not J-Hope if I’m not childish.”

J-Hope pretended to kick Krystal in her . The girl let go of Seohyun’s hand and chased after her brother. Jessica went over to Seohyun instead. Seohyun was watching Krystal and J-Hope with a smile on her face.

“I’m sorry. My younger siblings can be dorks sometimes.”

“No, it’s okay. J-Hope oppa is trying to cheer her up.”

Jessica was taken aback.

“I know you and oppa worry about Krystal. I know I’ve caused Krystal so much trouble but I just cannot open myself up to her anymore, unnie.”

Jessica smiled as she put her arm around Seohyun’s shoulders.

“Nobody is asking you to open up now. You can take your time. Krystal hates to see you upset and crying all the time. So she always talks with you so that your mind can shift somewhere else.”

“I really appreciate what my girlfriend has done for me. But sometimes I wish I could have some time alone. Krystal has always been by my side. But I want to have time alone to myself and I don’t know how I should tell Krystal.”

Jessica nodded.

“I’ll talk to Krystal but you must promise us that you’ll not think of anything stupid. Your Yul oppa is worried for you as well, Seohyun.”

Seohyun looked down and sighed.

“I have given Yul oppa a lot of problems, right? He must be upset that my father was the one who has been causing so much trouble and my mom killed Jiyoung oppa.”

“It’s not your fault, Seohyun. Yul oppa has never blamed you. He’s still waiting for you to accept him back as your brother. You know how much your Yul oppa dotes on you.”

“I cannot face him, unnie.”

“Seohyun ah, everybody is worried about you. But we’re not forcing you to open up to us so quickly. You can take your time but don’t run away from us, okay?”

Seohyun nodded. She didn’t want to say anything much.

“Let’s get in. I’ll call out to those two rascals.”

Seohyun smiled when Jessica glared at her younger siblings. The two of them returned to their side with cheeky grins on their faces .Krystal was quick to run over to Seohyun’s side. She held the girl’s hand tightly. J-Hope was kicked in the by Jessica.

Seohyun squeezed Krystal’s hand tightly; prompting the girl to turn to look at her.

“Thank you, Krystal.”

Krystal was taken aback.

“I love you.”

Krystal smiled.

“I love you too.”

-