Chapter 38

The Neighbours

Jessica was in office when Mrs Im came to visit her again. This time, the old lady brought home-cooked food along with her. She gave them to Jessica.

“Wow, this is a lot of food.”

“You can share with Yoong for dinner later. These are his favourite food.”

Jessica looked up; Mrs Im managed a soft smile.

“He likes Korean food more than anything else and he must have rice as one of his staple food.”

Jessica was impressed. Of course Mrs Im would know her son better than she did.

“Yes, even after we had noodles for dinner, he would still get hungry. He will make kimchi fried rice to eat during supper.”

Mrs Im chuckled softly.

“Yoong’s like his father. I guess they need rice as their source of energy.”

Jessica nodded. She kept the food aside before sitting next to Mrs Im. Mrs Im has improved so much after getting treatment from Jessica. She was smiling more often now.

But there was only one thing left – to get Mrs Im to reconcile with Yoong.

“Is Yoong still in training?”

“Yes he is.”

“Is he eating well?”

“He looks tired all the time but his appetite is still there.”

“I’ve made some herbal chicken soup. Ask him to finish it.”

“He’ll be asking where I get these foods from. How do I answer him?”

“You can tell him that one of your patients is grateful towards you and cook for you.”

“Auntie, are you sure you’re not going to reconcile with Yoong?”

Mrs Im looked away sadly.

“Why don’t you tell Yoong the truth about his coach?”

“Because I’m not sure if his coach knows if Yoong is my husband’s son. Maybe he doesn’t know and thinking Yoong might be some random guy he’s coaching. What if he finds out and threatens to kill Yoong as well?”

Jessica was taken aback. She has never thought of that. Indeed, Mrs Im loves her son a lot. She’s protecting him even without him realizing it.

“I need to get more evidence against his coach before I can bravely expose him. I cannot risk Yoong’s life by just jumping in blindly.”

“I understand what you mean, Auntie. I’m sorry I didn’t think about this through.”

“It’s alright, Jessica. I’m just glad that he has found a pretty and nice girlfriend like you.”

Jessica blushed slightly. She shook her head.

“I’m more grateful to have him in my life, Auntie. He has given more than just love.”

“I assume you’ll be marrying him some day?”

Jessica’s cheeks were extremely red. Mrs Im was teasing her.

“Why? You don’t want to marry Yoong?”

“Huh? No! I mean yes!”

“I’m going to expect a grandchild from you soon after you’re married. Yoong loves children. He used to tell me he wants 10 children.”

“10?!”

“You might prepare yourself for that.”

“What?”

“I’m supporting my son’s plan to have 10 grandchildren.”

Jessica was horrified and Mrs Im was enjoying herself teasing Jessica like that.

-

Yoong was dying during training. His coach made him worked out non-stop. Even his other teammates were a little terrified the way their coach was forcing on Yoong. His muscles were aching so badly and there was a certain sharp pain in his stomach.

Yoong hasn’t eaten his lunch and it was already 5pm.

“Coach, let Yoong rest. He’s going to die if you continue to push him like that.”

“That’s his punishment for attending the midnight training.”

“You will kill him.”

“He’s a tough guy. I think he will be fine.”

Yoong was suffering from gastric pain but he preserved more and continued to do his training. His hands were failing him and his legs were too weak to even stand on his own. Soon after, Yoong collapsed onto the floor.

“Yoong!”

His teammates ran towards him but their coach just remained indifferent.

“Leave him alone!”

The teammates looked at their coach. Yoong was almost dehydrated.

“He should carry on.”

His teammates were bewildered but someone was already furious. She hit the rooftop.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO FORCE TRAINING ON HIM?!”

They quickly turned to find Yoong’s girlfriend glaring at the coach. She was carrying something in her hands but she maintained a sharp glare at Yoong’s coach.

“Who are you?”

“I’m his girlfriend.”

“So you’re the one who stopped him from coming to training yesterday.”

“Yes, I forced him not to go. And are you insane? Why are you pushing him so hard until like that? He has lost so much weight because of the training.”

“He needs to train up because I’m expecting him to win.”

“You don’t push your expectations on him. He loves boxing that’s why he became a boxer but you’re just merely treating him like a robot.”

Yoong could hear his girlfriend arguing with his coach. He tried to get up but failed miserably. His teammates caught him again and Jessica was already rushing towards him.

“I said don’t touch him!”

“You shut up, old er!”

The coach was taken aback when Jessica just cursed at him. She pulled Yoong into her arms before getting up on her feet. His teammates helped her to steady herself.

“Thanks, oppa.”

“Yoong hasn’t eaten anything. I think he’s having gastric attack.”

“Thanks for telling me. I’ll bring him to the doctor.”

Jessica struggled with Yoong’s weight. But before she walks out of the door, she turned to the coach once again.

“Yoong’s not coming for training this week. He’s losing weight and falling sick lately. If you want him to this tournament, you should let him rest for this week. The tournament is next month; there’s still a long way to go. So, don’t you dare call him to return for training this week!”

She threw the warning at him before leaving the old man dumbfounded.

-

“You yelled at his coach?!”

J-Hope was stunned when Jessica told him what happened. Her little brother and Hyoyeon saw Jessica struggled to carry Yoong back so they went to her rescue. Yoong’s face was extremely pale and Hyoyeon carried him back to Jessica’s place.

“He skipped lunch just t to train. He was almost dying but his coach didn’t give a damn about him.”

“Wow, that’s abusing.”

“Tell me about it. The doctor asked him to rest for the next couple of days.”

“Yeah, he should rest. He looks really tired these few days.”

“Noona, don’t worry. We’ll look out for him as well.”

“Thanks guys. Do you want dinner?”

“It’s okay. I’ll buy it outside. Hyoyeon hyung is coming with me to watch basketball match.”

“J, how’s your training?”

“I’m good. We’re preparing hard. Don’t worry about me, I’ll make you proud one day!”

Hyoyeon looked on as Jessica ruffled her younger brother’s hair. He sighed. Jessica heard it and asked him.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“You’re making me jealous.”

“Why? What did I do?”

“I miss my Noona.”

Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Call her then.”

“She’s not answering my calls anymore.”

“Why? Did you two fight?”

“No, she’s busy with Soo Young.”

“WAH!”

“Wait, they’re together now?”

Hyoyeon nodded with a wide smile on his face. Jessica and J-Hope were excited about it.

“WHEN?!”

“You should ask her that.”

“You said you know!”

“She just said she’s seeing him now!”

“Then why didn’t you ask for more information?”

“I’m a guy. I don’t gossip.”

Jessica almost wanted to strangle the guy for being a nerd but decided not to. She left the boys alone and made her way back to her room.

“Noona, we’re leaving! Do you want to eat anything?”

“No, it’s okay.”

“We’ll see you!”

The boys left and Jessica was finally alone with Yoong. Her boyfriend concussed after taking the medicine. He didn’t even bother to eat anything. He was too exhausted.

“My poor baby.”

She lamented as she gently his hair while the boyfriend slept soundly on her bed. She suddenly recalled Mrs Im’s words and wondered if the coach was indeed her husband’s killer. She decided to find out herself. Maybe Tiffany could help.

Jessica kissed Yoong’s forehead before leaving the room. She was going to cook for him. That was her first time. And there were still the dishes from Mrs Im.

-

Yoong stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He realized he was in his girlfriend’s room. He sat on her bed and looked around. His girlfriend was nowhere in sight. His head spun like mad but Yoong got off the bed eventually. He was massaging his temples as he managed to stumble out of the room. His nose caught a whiff of delicious aroma. His eyes were wide open when he saw his girlfriend in apron. She was standing by the stove in the kitchen.

“Jessica?”

The girl turned instantly. Her domesticated aura was such a turn on. She looks like a perfect wife. Yoong grinned widely.

“Are you feeling better?”

Jessica ran up to him and hooked her arm with his. His face was still pale looking despite the stupid wide grin on his face. She rolled her eyes but nevertheless sat him gently on the chair. His eyes almost popped out to see the dishes on the table.

“You cooked all these?”

“Not really, a client gave them to me. But I made this.”

She lifted up the plate of Tuna Kimchi Fried Rice. Yoong smiled.

“Can I try?”

“Sure.”

Yoong picked up the spoon and scooped a spoonful of rice. He shoved the spoon into his mouth. He was surprised. His princess-like-wife can cook.

“HMMMM! This is good!”

“Are you sure? You’re not just making me feel good, aren’t you?”

“No, it’s really good! Here, take a bite.”

Yoong scooped again and slowly deposited the rice into Jessica’s mouth. The princess herself was stunned at her cooking skills. Her previous attempts usually a failure – either too salty or just lack of something.

“Wow.”

“You’re funny, baby. Why are you so surprised with your cooking skills?”

“It’s because I’m never good as compared to Taeyeon.”

“Ah, but it’s okay. I still love you anyway.”

Yoong leapt forward and kissed her on her cheeks before returning back to her fried rice. He was sure hungry after he slept without eating for the whole day.

“Take it easy, sweetie. The food is not going anywhere.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Okay but still, eat slowly. I don’t want you to choke.”

The boy nodded but stuffed his mouth with all the food on the table. Jessica looked on with a smile as she watched her boyfriend turning into a child with his dorky antics.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“I’ll eat. I just want to watch you. I miss you.”

“Aw, that’s so sweet. But you have to eat. Here, I’ll feed you.”

Jessica stopped him. She shook her head before taking the utensils from him instead.

“I’ll feed you, baby boy.”

Yoong beamed childishly.

“The food is really good. They remind me of my mother’s dishes.”

Jessica smiled.

“She’s a good cook.”

“Does she still cook for you?”

Yoong shook his head. Jessica wasn’t going to spoil his mood for now.

“Don’t worry, one day you’ll get to taste her cooking again. Let’s just eat for now, okay?”

“I want you to feed me.”

“I’m doing it now.”

“I want this and this and this and this.”

Yoong was seriously like a kid; pointing to only the meat dishes. But Jessica didn’t mind. She was going to pamper her man tonight.

-

“Okay, we’re going now. Thanks for your hospitality.”

Yul thanked the Hwangs for making his stay at their residence memorable. Mr Hwang stepped forward and pulled Yul into a warm hug. Yul was taken aback but nevertheless put his arms around the old man while Tiffany’s eyes were watery.

“Please take good care of Tiffany, Yul. And I’m leaving Mason in your hands now.”

“Don’t worry, sir. I’ll take good care of them. I promise you, I’ll not let them down.”

Mr Hwang nodded and then proceeded on to Tiffany. His youngest girl was already crying. He pulled her closer and Tiffany hugged him tightly.

“I’m always worried about you but now I’m sure you’ll find your happiness with Yul. I’m so glad you’ve found a good man who loves you dearly.”

“Daddy...”

“He gives you the courage to face reality and even raise Mason from now own. The old Tiffany wouldn’t have the strength to do this.”

“I’ve let Mason down by leaving him behind here. I’m so sorry for making the family worried for me. I promise I’ll make amends and live happily like how you’ve wanted me to.”

“I’m confident that Yul will make you the happiest woman on earth together with Mason.”

“Daddy, I love you. I love you so much.”

“I’m sure you do, Tiffany. Just remember to visit us, okay?”

Tiffany nodded as she buried her face further into her father’s chest. Mason was looking on; he was trying to hold back his tears. After all, his grandfather, his uncle and his aunt were the ones who looked after him all this while. Yul could see tears b in the little guy’s eyes.

Yul chuckled softly before walking over to Mason. He picked the little guy up and held him in his arms. Mason threw his arms around his neck.

“Aren’t you going to say anything to your grandpap?”

Mason nodded as he pouted his lips. So Yul brought him closer to Mr Hwang and Mr Hwang gladly took Mason in his arms. The two men exchanged the people in their arms. Yul pulled Tiffany into his embrace.

“Mason, you have to listen to Mommy and Daddy Yul. You’re going to stay with them from now own.”

“Grandpap not coming with Mason?”

The boy was holding back his tears strongly.

“I cannot go with you but I can always visit you. Mason has to be a good boy, okay?”

“Grandpa, Mason’s going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you too, Mason.”

The boy finally burst into tears. He was wailing at the top of his lungs; not willing to be separated from his grandfather. Leo and Michelle came forward with tears in their eyes as they hugged Mason and Mr Hwang; putting their arms around them tightly. Tiffany joined in too.

The Hwangs were consoling Mason; they tried to pacify him and Tiffany eventually carried him in her arms. She swayed him gently from left to right. The boy kept crying his heart out – he was really upset for leaving.

“Mommy’s going to take good care of you.”

Tiffany whispered softly in his ears.

“Give Mommy a chance to give you everything of me. Mommy will face this world with Mason and Daddy Yul. We can build a happy life together – just you and Mommy and Daddy Yul.”

The boy’s cries ceased gradually. He was having soft hiccups but his eyes were already red and swollen. He pulled himself away from Tiffany and stared at his mother’s face.

“Mason loves Mommy too.”

The boy was slightly alarmed when he finally realized his mother was crying. He then took his small hands and wiped her tears away. Tiffany looked on as her son gently gave her a peck on her lips. He smiled.

“Mason cries because Mason misses grandpap. But Mason wants to live with Mommy and Daddy Yul. Mason finally has a Daddy!”

Tiffany smiled as tears continuously fell from the corner of her eyes. Mason dutifully wiped them away. She then gently pulled Mason tightly and hugged him. Yul looked on; his heart was aching when he witnessed the touching scene between a mother and a child. He knew he has more than just responsibilities and promises to keep – he has to be the best husband and father for Tiffany and Mason.

-

Mason fell asleep after being so hyper on the plane earlier on. The trip back to Korea would take more than 10 hours and the boy was exhausted after few hours of fascination. He couldn’t stop chattering earlier on; Yul was patiently entertaining him with his questions. The inquisitive boy took a plane for the first time so he was fascinated and curious about everything including the TV screen in front of his seat.

He eventually fell asleep after awhile and Tiffany pulled her son onto her lap. She wanted to make him comfortable. Yul looked on as Tiffany peppered her son with kisses on his forehead and cheeks.  He was smiling. He decided to tease his girlfriend.

“I’m getting jealous.”

Tiffany glanced to her side. Yul pouted his lips.

“Why are you getting jealous?”

“I don’t get much kisses since Mason’s here.”

“You’re jealous of Mason?”

“Well, I need my own loving time with my girlfriend.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes but nevertheless captured Yul’s lips. She deepened the kiss and Yul felt like he was floating.

“There.”

“Wow.”

“Was it good?”

“You’re an excellent kisser.”

“And you’re such an excellent boyfriend.”

Tiffany was grateful for Yul. She kept praying; thanking GOD for leading Yul to her. She could never do this if not for Yul. She could never have this courage to face her life if not for this man. Her father was right – Yul expelled the stronger side of her which she thought she could never have. And now she was going to face her new life with strength and courage; with the man she loves with all of her heart.

“I love you, Yul.”

“I know that.”

“I really really love you so much. I don’t think I can ever live my life without you.”

“You will never live your life without me. I’m going to hang on to you.”

Tiffany smiled. She kissed him again.

“Then I’m going to hold on to you and not letting any girls comes near you.”

“Wow, possessive much?”

“Selfishly possessive and extremely jealous if I see any girls around you.”

“Baby, I only have eyes on you.”

“It’s not enough for me. I need to have the whole of you for me.”

“Should I tattoo your name and Mason on me?”

“You don’t have to do that extent.”

Yul stuck his tongue out before taking Mason into his arms. He carefully shifted the boy effortlessly onto his lap – Mason was knocked out cold; not waking up to any movements.

“He’s really tired.”

“Of course he is.”

Yul got comfortable with Mason in his embrace; the boy’s head was on his shoulder; sleeping with his mouth slightly agape. Yul kissed his cheek before turning his attention to Tiffany. He then stretched his hand out and took hers in his. He held on tightly; prompting Tiffany to rest on the side of his arm.

“Now I feel like a complete family.”

Tiffany smiled with full of gratitude. She nodded her head before closing her eyes. She was drifting to sleep with Yul beside her and Mason in her boyfriend’s embrace.

How perfect her family is now.

-

Taeyeon was attending her last day of conference with seminars for the whole day. Soo Young tagged along. The man was awfully bored and tried to keep awake but it was not working at all. The boring speeches drove him mad. He almost puked his insides out when they displayed a picture of dissected elephant. The insides of the elephant were grossing Soo Young out.

“Taeyeon, why are we looking at this?”

“I thought we learn this during Science lessons?”

“Yes, but I’m not a Science major.”

 “Are you disgusted by this?”

“Taeyeon baby, I love your job but I’m getting bored. Can I skip this seminar and just head back to the hotel room?”

“Okay, I’ll go with you.”

“No, you stay here. I can be on my own.”

“I’m sorry, baby.”

“It’s okay. I love you anyway.”

He kissed Taeyeon’s forehead and excused himself from the seminar. If he was sit there longer, he might faint or vomit. He quickly got out from the ballroom and left the venue immediately. He walked past the lobby’s cafe and saw a white piano right in the middle of it. He smiled.

“Hey, can I play with the piano?”

“You certainly can, Sir. We allow our hotel guests to play with the piano freely.”

“Okay, thanks.”

After seeking approval, Soo Young walked over to the piano. He carefully lifted up the lid and was amazed at how beautiful the piano was. It must have cost a grand and Soo Young gently ran his fingers on the keys. People were already started to look up; wondering who was at the piano.

Soo Young smiled widely and started caressing the piano keys gently. He was playing Yiruma’s “Love Me.” Everybody was watching him; including those from the seminars. The conferences ended and they started pouring out from the ballroom. Soo Young was closing his eyes as the music and rhythm filled up the atmosphere.

Taeyeon couldn’t get out from the ballroom. Everybody was blocking her way. She was a little furious and agitated as she swam her away out. Then, she heard whispers.

“Who’s that guy?”

“Wow, he’s so charming when he plays the piano.”

“He’s tall and good-looking.”

“Is he a guest?”

“Gosh, I think I might be falling in love.”

 She frowned. What was everyone fascinated about? So she followed to where the crowd was and there she saw. She saw the handsome man playing the piano gracefully. He was smiling with his eyes closed – he was too immersed with the music.

Well, Taeyeon’s eyes glistened with tears. She has always thought Soo Young’s charming in his own ways. That guy just couldn’t see it but Taeyeon could. And she was never wrong about him – Soo Young’s her guy.

“My god, whoever his girl is, she’s just so lucky to have such sentimental and charming boyfriend.”

Taeyeon grinned to herself.

“That’s right. That boy up there is mine!”

She was gloating silently in her heart.

Suddenly the handsome prince spotted her. He smiled at her; he waved his hand slightly and everyone immediately turned to the person he was looking at. Taeyeon was stunned when she saw million eyes staring at her. The lady beside her didn’t hesitate to ask.

“Is he your husband?”

“Er, he’s my boyfriend.”

“Aww, you’re so lucky! I wish my boyfriend could be as sentimental as him!”

Taeyeon could only smile politely. She was damn proud of him but she was not going to show it out so bluntly.

“Hey, I can blow the recorder!”

“Everybody can, honey! We learnt it in school!”

The girl was infuriated with her boyfriend as she dragged him away. Taeyeon let out a soft giggle. Soo Young finally finished his piece and a thunderous applause could be heard. He was stunned initially but let out a wide grin. Taeyeon could hear some ladies gasped in adoration – Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

Soo Young closed the piano lid and thanked the cafe’s manager. He then jogged towards the love of his life – Kim Taeyeon. He smiled widely as he wrapped his arms around her. The lady’s face turned red instantly.

“Hi!”

“Hello.”

“Did you miss me?”

“Considering the fact that you weren’t by my side for the last 20 minutes, yes I did.”

“Aw, that’s sweet. I miss you. Even at this moment when you’re right in front of me; holding you in my arms, I still miss you.”

Taeyeon’s heart melted. This stupid man knew how to say the right words at the right time. She then put her hands on his cheeks.

“I’m right in front of you. How could you miss me?”

“Baby, I miss you all the time. I need you to breathe.”

“Rubbish. You were perfectly fine; playing the piano.”

“I wanted to lure you out from that boring seminar. I did, didn’t I?”

The man gave a cheeky grin and all Taeyeon could do was to pinch his nose lightly. People were slowly walking away; but some jealous ladies were staring at them. Taeyeon could see them.

“You have admirers.”

“Hm?”

Soo Young peered over his shoulders; the ladies immediately smiled at him. He returned with a slight smile and Taeyeon swore the girls were completely swooned by her boyfriend.

“Choi Soo Young, look at me.”

Soo Young turned back.

“Why?”

“They are melting.”

“Who cares about them? I only care about you.”

Soo Young kissed her.

“They can melt all they want. The only person I could see is you.”

Taeyeon blushed like mad.

“Are you done?”

“Yeah, the seminar is done.”

“Let’s go back to our room.”

“Wait, did you see Sunmi?”

“I’m right here.”

The couple turned; Sunmi was grinning at them.

“How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to witness your mushy moments until goosebumps appear all over my body!”

Taeyeon was embarrassed but Soo Young didn’t really care much. He kissed her again and then grinned at Sunmi.

“I’m taking her back to my room.”

“Okay, but are you returning her back tonight?”

“Can I not to?”

Sunmi gave a sly cunning smile. Taeyeon’s face turned redder.

“Sure, but you bear responsible on the aftermath.”

Soo Young nodded.

“Don’t worry; I’m planning to marry this girl one day.”

Taeyeon was surprised. Sunmi nodded.

“Have fun!”

Sunmi winked at the poor girl; Taeyeon hit her on her back.

“YA!”

Sunmi laughed heartily as she walked away from the couple.

-

Soo Young was washing up and Taeyeon sat on the bed. She was in her boyfriend’s room. She knew where tonight would lead but she was nervous about it. Well, this was not the first time but thinking of doing it with Soo Young made her heart thumped like crazy.

Soo Young finally appeared with a towel around his lower body. Taeyeon’s eyes grew larger. Well, Soo Young has always been skinny but man, she was surprised to see his flat but firm abdomen.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Huh? Nothing!”

She looked away but Soo Young knew she was staring at his body. He .

“You like what you see, baby?”

“Go away.”

“What? This body is meant for you.”

“Why are you so byun?”

“Who’s the byun one? You were drooling at my body.”

Taeyeon tried to speak up but failed. She just couldn’t argue with him anymore. Well, he was right to a certain extent. She was gawking at his body. She turned away.

“Hey, are you angry now?”

“No.”

She pouted her lips. She was embarrassed actually.  Suddenly she felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around her from behind. He was pulling her closer to his chest; Soo Young leaned to kiss her cheeks from her side.

“You’re so cute when you’re shy.”

“You’re not supposed to laugh at me.”

“I wasn’t. I’m just glad that I’ve found you again. Then I could see your shiest moment; your embarrassing moments; your laughter and even your pouty lips.”

Soo Young leaned to kiss her lips.

“Soo Young, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Suddenly, the atmosphere got weird. They were staring at each other; deeply into each other’s eyes. Her heart was beating rapidly; his breathing was ragged and hitching.  Their lips were just inches away; he turned her around and caressed her cheeks lightly. He then slowly cupped her cheeks with his palm and planted his lips softly on hers.

She responded by putting her arms around his neck. Time stopped when she felt his lips on hers. The warmth within him covered her gently. They moved; complementing each other’s movements. Her heart was beating like crazy; his arms were hugging her tightly.

There were just ministrations and no words; all the actions were quietly spoken. The fire was slowly lighted and both were completely lost in each other’s worlds.

“God, Soo Young!”

She couldn’t handle him. But she didn’t want him to stop.

“Taeyeon..”

He was filled with lust and love. He just couldn’t pinpoint which was which anymore; all he knew he had to fill her up.

“Don’t stop, Soo Young.”

“God, you’re so y, Taeyeon.”

And both were melting each other throughout the night.

-